Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    pitbospitbos Posts: 31
    Have all of your people who are attending the Toronto shows entered you info at:

http://www.touringfans.com/10cseats.php?action=home

I want to see how accurate this system will be this tour!
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    "We're goin' to Toronto!"

"Toronto! Woooo Hooo!"

"They got jobs there, lots of job! Jobs for lawers like me and doctors like you!"

"And they got roads too, lots of roads!"

You gotta get it to get at it. Get at it to get it.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    I plan on making it one or both nights...
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    finally got my tickets straightened out for both nights
    ahhhh now i can relax
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Is it true that TTC stops running at 1:30 now? I heard something like that. If so, no after party for me. :(

I'm going to stay with my aunt for at least the first night. Maybe the second if I don't feel like taking the bus after the concert.

Also, my brother is coming with me for at least one show, so I might have an extra 10C ticket for one night if he doesn't attend. I'd like to either go with my brother, or go it alone. I don't really want to bring any of my friends, because they just 'don't get it', if you know what I mean.
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Is it true that TTC stops running at 1:30 now? I heard something like that. If so, no after party for me. :(

I'm going to stay with my aunt for at least the first night. Maybe the second if I don't feel like taking the bus after the concert.

Also, my brother is coming with me for at least one show, so I might have an extra 10C ticket for one night if he doesn't attend. I'd like to either go with my brother, or go it alone. I don't really want to bring any of my friends, because they just 'don't get it', if you know what I mean.

The last subway from Union is 1:30, but there are Busses 24 hours. If you let me know where your aunt lives, I can get you home.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    hakheadhakhead Posts: 32
    Didn't make it last time (sept 2003) but I'll try to be there on the 10th. I'll just have to leave Ottawa a bit earlier this time...!!!
    "You're not what you own"
    Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

Wasn't there: Mtl 1998/08/20, Mtl 2000/10/04, T.O. 2003/06/28, Mtl 2003/06/29, Boston 2004/09/28, Mtl 2005/09/15, Ott 2005/09/16, T.O. 2005/09/19, T.O. 2006/05/10
  • Options
    hakheadhakhead Posts: 32
    fuck, I can be dumb when I want to...; I meant sept 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You're not what you own"
    Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

Wasn't there: Mtl 1998/08/20, Mtl 2000/10/04, T.O. 2003/06/28, Mtl 2003/06/29, Boston 2004/09/28, Mtl 2005/09/15, Ott 2005/09/16, T.O. 2005/09/19, T.O. 2006/05/10
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    SENROCK! wrote:
    HAHAHAHA NO IM NOT BITTER! I JUST LIKE MESSIN' WITH YOU!!! :D AND YEAH, EVERYONE SAW I HADD MY CMB SHIRT ON!!! WE'RE EVEN!!!!

i would've been wearing a bbd shirt if i coulda found one. trust me, i was searching this city for one, but no luck. i've learned my lesson and plan to not tell anyone i want to wear a shirt that i don't own to a show.
  • Options
    I'll be there...with my friend Fitpearl :)

Where are you all staying?

1-We booked a room at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center Don Valley...its not downtown...but a lot cheaper...;) And not that far from the ACC...about 15 minutes... If anybody is interested in sharing the room with us..let me know (pm)!

2-If someone from Montreal need a ride to Toronto...we also have 2 seats available...Si quelqu'un de Montreal a besoin d'un lift jusqu'à Toronto, on a 2 places de libre dans l'auto!! Pm me(moi)!

3- Who's going to the Albany show too? We are....we may have seats available in the car...but are going back to Montreal the next day....so if anybody's interested, again PM me! :)
    1998-08-20 Montreal, 1998-08-22 Barrie, 2000-10-04 Montreal, 2003-06-29 Montreal, 2003-06-28 Toronto, 2004-09-28 Boston, 2005-09-20, Quebec City, 2005-09-16 Ottawa, 2005-09-15 Montreal, 2006-05-09 Toronto, 2006-05-10 Toronto, 2006-05-12 Albany, 2008-06-27 Hartford, 2008-06-30 Mansfield.
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    The woman and I are staying at Bond Place Hotel on Dundas St. E. I think it's about 5 minutes from the ACC.
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    MaryePearl wrote:
    We booked a room at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center Don Valley...its not downtown...but a lot cheaper...;) And not that far from the ACC...about 15 minutes...

If you plan on driving down to the show, or to the meet-up, leave yourself way more than 15 minutes... traffic can be very conjested in the area of the 401/DVP...

just so you know... :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    i'll be at the loose moose...was there for the september show and its a pretty good bar.

going with 7-8 others as well

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    If you plan on driving down to the show, or to the meet-up, leave yourself way more than 15 minutes... traffic can be very conjested in the area of the 401/DVP...

i was just about to post the same thing.
  • Options

thanx!! we'll probably come by the Loose Moose around 3 or 4....so we wont be late for the show!!

thanx for the info! Its gonna be very usefull im sure...!
    1998-08-20 Montreal, 1998-08-22 Barrie, 2000-10-04 Montreal, 2003-06-29 Montreal, 2003-06-28 Toronto, 2004-09-28 Boston, 2005-09-20, Quebec City, 2005-09-16 Ottawa, 2005-09-15 Montreal, 2006-05-09 Toronto, 2006-05-10 Toronto, 2006-05-12 Albany, 2008-06-27 Hartford, 2008-06-30 Mansfield.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    SUGGESTIONS PLEASE...we're flying in from Philly Monday night..any suggestions on some cool places to check out on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would love to see some local artwork (no commercial/"hot spots") and def need a place for beers...I would love to meet some of you pre show if that's all right too. Thanks! I'm so ready for the shows to start!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    SUGGESTIONS PLEASE...we're flying in from Philly Monday night..any suggestions on some cool places to check out on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would love to see some local artwork (no commercial/"hot spots") and def need a place for beers...I would love to meet some of you pre show if that's all right too. Thanks! I'm so ready for the shows to start!

i guess you don't want me to suggest the hockey hall of fame?

the bata shoe museum's something random to do.'

there's many places to drink.

and please don't litter.
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Thanks for the tip...I may check out the Hall of Fame too-
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    embrace wrote:

lots of artwork to be seen at the AGO,

or at the Distillery District.... (a "hot spot", but full of artwork none the less...)

Check the first post for details about pre-show beers at the Loose Moose.

have fun! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    bump for the toronto people :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    embrace wrote:

You should check out Queen St W (west of Bathurst) for the so-called "Gallery District". Lots of good local art. Here is link to gallery info.

http://www.toronto.ca/you-belong/attractions/galleries.htm

AWOL (http://www.awolgallery.com/) and The Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (http://www.mocca.toronto.on.ca/) should have some good (or interesting at least :) ) stuff
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Sounds like it's going to be a full house. Can't wait.
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    Gonna be there, flying up alone from Fla., my extra ticket already taken, sorry...

Staying in the Holiday Inn a few blocks away from the ACC, can't remember the street. So, beers at the Loose Moose, did I hear that right?...

If someone can give me an excuse to stay for night 2, I might have to just call in sick on the 11th...
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211

If someone can give me an excuse to stay for night 2, I might have to just call in sick on the 11th...

Cuz PJ is in Town
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I think I've nailed down a new job, but they're not going to see me on May 9th and 10th. Although I feel Pearl Jam is a good excuse not to go to work, I doubt they will. The job starts May 1, if I get it. I'm 95% sure I've got it though...

Help me come up with a GOOD excuse.

If I can't go, I'm going to be pissed. Not only because I'll miss Pearl Jam, but also because I'll be out like $2 hundred and whatever it cost.
  • Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i got tickets last night & booked the vacation time today, buying plane tickets monday

so ill deft keep an eye on this thread!!

& as stated before i'm goin to see the blue jays !! (may 8th & 11th)

really glad the shows are in may and not the dead heat of toronto in july/august

if there's other gigs being announced the days before/after the pj gigs please post here!!! i'd love to see a show at massey hall or lee's palace or any of those other venues
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Lee's Palace would be great.

Still looking for a spare toronto ticket night one... thanks.
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    I think I've nailed down a new job, but they're not going to see me on May 9th and 10th. Although I feel Pearl Jam is a good excuse not to go to work, I doubt they will. The job starts May 1, if I get it. I'm 95% sure I've got it though...

Help me come up with a GOOD excuse.

If I can't go, I'm going to be pissed. Not only because I'll miss Pearl Jam, but also because I'll be out like $2 hundred and whatever it cost.

Bring up a dead family member. Or tell them you got an STD that you need help removing. If you really live in London we should car pool. I'm trying to not be creepy.
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Got tix for night 2!!!!!! In for both shows now.........ooohhhhh yaaaaaa
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    It needs to be May already..
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com