Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Gah, you were at Kitchener too, I probably walked by you a million times that night :(

lol! probably - the Walper was pretty packed that afternoon!

i was the tall chick in the Harley t-shirt! ;)

we won't miss each other in Toronto - i promise.. :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Name Tags huh. OK Then

Personal Delimma. I don't want to miss a pre set song by Ed. But I also want to drink more beer at the Moose.

What to do?
  • Options
    Name Tags huh. OK Then

Personal Delimma. I don't want to miss a pre set song by Ed. But I also want to drink more beer at the Moose.

What to do?

I wouldnt worry too much about that, we should be packing up the preparty around 6pmish since most of us will have to get to the ACC to pick up our tickets.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I'll be up for the Wednesday show. I hope to come by to the Moose before hand. Hope that there will be lots of people there on the Wednesday pre-show as well.
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    I just booked the Loose Moose for us. I spoke with the manager there and started to introduce myself as a fanclub member.......

and before I could finish, he says "Awesome - I was hoping you guys would come back".

He went on to say that in September, everyone was really friendly and he'll do whatever he can to help us out.
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    I just booked the Loose Moose for us. I spoke with the manager there and started to introduce myself as a fanclub member.......

and before I could finish, he says "Awesome - I was hoping you guys would come back".

He went on to say that in September, everyone was really friendly and he'll do whatever he can to help us out.
    Oh yaaaaa see ya there on the second night!! can't make the first night cuz I don't get off until 5. Did you book the 2nd night ?
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    nuzpaper wrote:
    Oh yaaaaa see ya there on the second night!! can't make the first night cuz I don't get off until 5. Did you book the 2nd night ?
    Both Nights!!!!

I won't get there until 5.
  • Options

Thats awesome!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Name Tags huh. OK Then

What to do?

Name tags....all laminated

Great Napolean Dynamite scene!

MMJ is totally worth checking out!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    Both Nights!!!!

I won't get there until 5.

I'm going to see if I can knock of abit early cuz I have to still get there and pick up my tix but i wanna try to have a few cheap beers before I go to the ACC and pay $12
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    To all the Ontario jammers that will be attending the Toronto show, I was thinking we could get together before, for a few beers and a few laughs :D:D

Suggestions are welcome to where and when, but I was hoping that everyone's down. :)

Alrighty, well the dates have been announced and I'm more excited than ever so now we can REALLY start to talk about this!! :)

***Also*** We will try to get some fundraising going for CCFC :)

I'm so pumped!! :)

Here's The Details So Far:

Where?

The Loose Moose Tap & Grill

When?

May 9th & 10th

Time?

3:00 p.m. or whenever the hell you want :)

Who's In So Far?

Thumbing My Way
    VOLITION
    O_G_D
    MrMerkinball
    Krohn & Quiet Rhythm
    corduroy 10
    civ eng girl
    24veddie
    King Nothing
    DopeyBoy
    *given*to*fly
    BUFFALO
    ]V[ANTIS
    Dirty_Frank
    MarkB
    nuzpaper
    scratched vinyl
    tootough
    EDDIE!EDDIE!
    Krisdababe
    ACCBootlegGoddess
    PJ Pook
    bubbamackdaddy69
    Gonzo 1977
    stpmattb
    Tek Money
    edvedr13
    GraspWhatYouCan
    Kricket
    The Dajaaza
    canadian fan
    Xboxjunkie
    the don
    PJ Sparks
    173rdVET
    SENROCK!
    mrmojorisinca
    uninnocent
    liquidsilver
    Lukin 13
    Quebec fan
    cyaontheflipside
    Karts
    Boozer
    Brown Dog

You can confirm me as well as my five friends
  • Options
    I'm down with wearing a nametag :D

I have a room booked at The Renaissance which costs the same amount per night as my return flight to Newfoundland. Ahhh, the crazy things we do for this band!
  • Options
    quentin0quentin0 Posts: 12
    ill be there with 4 or 5 friends as well
    08/22/98 09/11/05 05/10/06 07/13/13  03/18/20 
    10/05/00 09/12/05 08/21/09 10/16/14  03/24/20
    06/25/03 09/19/05 09/11/11 05/10/16
    06/28/03 05/09/06 09/12/11 05/12/16
  • Options
    J_Ride99J_Ride99 Posts: 27
    I'll be there both nights...hopefully at the pre show party too.

Anyone from the Kitchener pre-show party gonna be there? Josie?

J
    I Will Stare The Sun Down Until My Eyes Go Blind

Kitchener (09/11/05), Toronto (9/19/05), St. John's (09/24/05), St. John's (09/25/05), Toronto (05/09/06), Toronto (05/10/06), Pittsburgh (06/23/06)
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    J_Ride99 wrote:

J

Seems like a bunch of people from the Kitchener pre-show party will be in Toronto. I was working at the CCFC table, the smaller guy! And my Finace was with me. We'll be at the Toronto show and parties as well.
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    I'm looking for an extra toronto ticket for both shows if someone needs to split please PM.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • Options
    Hey guys, don't forget about the hostels.... There are some good ones within walking distance of the ACC, i'm booked in at one for both nights, it's only like $20 bucks with a student discount for each night plus there's a 24 hour bar in the one i'm staying at, so a little after concert drinking..
    2003 - Montreal, Toronto
    2005 - Ottawa, Toronto, Halifax
    2006 - Toronto 1, Toronto 2
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Montreal, Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Ottawa
    2016 - Ottawa, Fenway 1
    2018 - Fenway 1
    2020 - Ottawa

2008 - EV Solo Montreal
  • Options
    J_Ride99 wrote:

J

I was there at the Kitchener pre show party. The vibe of that entire weekend was all PJ and it was all good!!! Even the camp ground I was staying at was filled with PJ concert goers. Truely an amazing weekend!
    Where is the pre show party in T.O. this year?
    I'm sure i'll find it somewhere in this thread.
    See you all there!! that is If I find out where it is happening in this thread lol.
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • Options
    K*RockK*Rock Posts: 144
    I'll be there too!!!!
    i have an exam (my last one of University EVER!) till 5pm but i'll be heading down ( i'm just up the street at U of T) for a celebratory drink before the show starts.. what a way to end university. 2 PJ shows in my hometown!!! :D:D:D:D
    then a show on my b-day (the 20th)
    MAY IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!
    ~Karen

Come say HI on myspace - http://www.myspace.com/pearljamkaren
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Hey guys, don't forget about the hostels.... There are some good ones within walking distance of the ACC, i'm booked in at one for both nights, it's only like $20 bucks with a student discount for each night plus there's a 24 hour bar in the one i'm staying at, so a little after concert drinking..

Where are these at? I might hook myself up with this instead of staying with my Aunt since she lives way at the north end of the city.
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    K*Rock wrote:
    I'll be there too!!!!
    i have an exam (my last one of University EVER!) till 5pm but i'll be heading down ( i'm just up the street at U of T) for a celebratory drink before the show starts.. what a way to end university. 2 PJ shows in my hometown!!! :D:D:D:D
    then a show on my b-day (the 20th)
    MAY IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Holy Crap, they make you write exams into May? At Western, they make certain you're done by April 30th, because pretty well everybodies lease expires on the 1st, and a lot of people need to start jobs that day too.

I write my last exam at 7:00 PM on April 30th, and then I move the next morning. Gonna be HUNNGGGGGOVERERRRRRR....
  • Options
    K*RockK*Rock Posts: 144
    Holy Crap, they make you write exams into May? At Western, they make certain you're done by April 30th, because pretty well everybodies lease expires on the 1st, and a lot of people need to start jobs that day too.

I write my last exam at 7:00 PM on April 30th, and then I move the next morning. Gonna be HUNNGGGGGOVERERRRRRR....

yeah U of T is messed up like that... i dont have my first exam till May 1st...i think its because we have such a huge school (about 58 000) and they only want us writing in certain places... our exams go from april 224 till may 12th i think...it blows... but damned is it gonna be sweet going to that show on the 9th!!! :D
    ~Karen

Come say HI on myspace - http://www.myspace.com/pearljamkaren
  • Options
    J_Ride99J_Ride99 Posts: 27
    I was there at the Kitchener pre show party. The vibe of that entire weekend was all PJ and it was all good!!! Even the camp ground I was staying at was filled with PJ concert goers. Truely an amazing weekend!
    Where is the pre show party in T.O. this year?
    I'm sure i'll find it somewhere in this thread.
    See you all there!! that is If I find out where it is happening in this thread lol.

There was a campground??? Shit...I spent the night on a bench outside the bus station.

J
    I Will Stare The Sun Down Until My Eyes Go Blind

Kitchener (09/11/05), Toronto (9/19/05), St. John's (09/24/05), St. John's (09/25/05), Toronto (05/09/06), Toronto (05/10/06), Pittsburgh (06/23/06)
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Where are these at? I might hook myself up with this instead of staying with my Aunt since she lives way at the north end of the city.

http://www.globalbackpackers.com/

i go by this one every day going to and from work...
    looks pretty cool! :)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Bump.

I'm getting more and more excited.... :D
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Tek Money wrote:
    Bump.

I'm getting more and more excited.... :D
    Me too!!! Only 41 days to go and with all this nice weather it'll fly by.
  • Options
    I just have to say... I'm very disapointed the loose moose was picked again :(

that place sucked last year... how about a bar that's not in a basement?
    tattooedeverything.com
    SEND IN YOUR PEARL JAM TATTOOS
    updated 01/28/2008
  • Options
    I just have to say... I'm very disapointed the loose moose was picked again :(

that place sucked last year... how about a bar that's not in a basement?

Hey CircusFreak,

What was so bad about the Loose Moose last year, other then it being in a basement? This thread has been going since before the Tickets went on sale, and nothing negative has been said about the Loose Moose as I recall.

I've never been there unfortunatly, so I have no idea what it's like. What's your complaint about this place?

Krohn
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    Krohn wrote:
    Hey CircusFreak,

What was so bad about the Loose Moose last year, other then it being in a basement? This thread has been going since before the Tickets went on sale, and nothing negative has been said about the Loose Moose as I recall.

I've never been there unfortunatly, so I have no idea what it's like. What's your complaint about this place?

Krohn

it's in a basement

it was tiny

it smelled like urine

the bathrooms were horrid (I was one of the first people there so it wasn't because of ALL the people) there were 5 people in there when I got there and the bathrooms were so disgusting it looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a week

the service was horrible... our waitress was very rude

we ordered food and after an hour of waiting, and getting nothing... not even the waitress coming over to check on us, we left

we found a really nice sports bar with an outside patio that was filled with PJ people and they were playing the garden DVD... very nice place

I wasn't really COMPLAINING in my original post about it... just disapointed. Toronto is a beautiful city with really nice bars. Just didn't think this one would be picked again. I'll find my way back to that sports bar ;)
    tattooedeverything.com
    SEND IN YOUR PEARL JAM TATTOOS
    updated 01/28/2008
  • Options
    it's in a basement

it was tiny

it smelled like urine

the bathrooms were horrid (I was one of the first people there so it wasn't because of ALL the people) there were 5 people in there when I got there and the bathrooms were so disgusting it looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a week

the service was horrible... our waitress was very rude

we ordered food and after an hour of waiting, and getting nothing... not even the waitress coming over to check on us, we left

we found a really nice sports bar with an outside patio that was filled with PJ people and they were playing the garden DVD... very nice place

I wasn't really COMPLAINING in my original post about it... just disapointed. Toronto is a beautiful city with really nice bars. Just didn't think this one would be picked again. I'll find my way back to that sports bar ;)

Damn :)

Like I said, I've never been there and was only using the opinions of the other jammers on the Pit. Hopefully the bathrooms will be clean, CCFC fundraiser and all :cool:

Have fun either way! PJ is coming to town! :D
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org