Options

***Official Toronto 2006 Meet-up Thread***

Comments

• Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    loose moose is a great place for a pre-game. i think we'll all have a good time there.
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    b b b b buuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmp
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

The time draws near. I'll post a list of some possible DVD boots to raffle off, and let you guys decide the best ones to bring :)
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Holy SHit

I just heard a new song. I didn't mean to. I won't tell you which one, but it rhymes with "Pair-of-Boots"

I need to hear this song live. Maybe kicking off encore 1 or 2.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Bump because I'm wearing my red Canadian Tour Hoodie today, and feeling good!! :D

Bump because it's a long weekend!

Bump because it's only 17 more working days until PJ!!!!

WAH!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Bump!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Bump!!!!!!!

Hey Quiet!

Did you decide to add a trip to the Elmwood to your schedule??

;)
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Hey Quiet!

Did you decide to add a trip to the Elmwood to your schedule??

;)

I'd love to but I think I'd like to go with someone *hint* *hint* Something tells me Krohn wont be into that!
  • Options
    rideonrideon Posts: 23
    I think I'm gonna be there too, can anyone guess how much it's cost me to get there by cab from the airport? Thank you!
    ::: chEErs roN :::
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    rideon wrote:
    I think I'm gonna be there too, can anyone guess how much it's cost me to get there by cab from the airport? Thank you!

Toronto Intl. isn't even in Toronto. It will cost like $50.00+ to get there by cab.

However, I believe there is a shuttle that takes you from Pearson to the Royal York Hotel, which is right where you need to go. Somewhere around $15.00.

Mr.Merkinball will know more than me, he's a hotel employee.
  • Options
    Toronto Intl. isn't even in Toronto. It will cost like $50.00+ to get there by cab.

However, I believe there is a shuttle that takes you from Pearson to the Royal York Hotel, which is right where you need to go. Somewhere around $15.00.

Mr.Merkinball will know more than me, he's a hotel employee.

HUAH, ok, I defently don't wanna spend 50 bucks to get there! But I think I'll be at pearson around 2pm so I'll have some time to find the cheapest way there and I hope Mr.Merkinball can help me and tell me where I have to look for... ;)
    Thank you!
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    nuzpapernuzpaper Posts: 211
    rideon wrote:
    HUAH, ok, I defently don't wanna spend 50 bucks to get there! But I think I'll be at pearson around 2pm so I'll have some time to find the cheapest way there and I hope Mr.Merkinball can help me and tell me where I have to look for... ;)
    Thank you!

If your getting there at 2 don't take to long to decide how to get downtown. Rush hour can be a bitch. It starts around 4. Trust me I go from downtown to the airport area and back everyday.
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    I'm taking VIA rail from London.

With my ISIC card, the fare for a nice comfortable train ride is $5 more than the Greyhound.

Comes to about $35.00.

I'll be leaving in the morning, and arriving early, around 11:00am. Meet with my Aunt, probably have lunch, give her my crap, and be on my way.
  • Options
    I'm taking VIA rail from London.

With my ISIC card, the fare for a nice comfortable train ride is $5 more than the Greyhound.

Comes to about $35.00.

I'll be leaving in the morning, and arriving early, around 11:00am. Meet with my Aunt, probably have lunch, give her my crap, and be on my way.

VIA is an awesome way to travel. I go to Ottawa often and its cheaper and faster then Greyhound + they serve beer!!!
    Toronto 96, Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Ottawa 05, Toronto 05, Toronto 06, Toronto 06, Denver 06, Denver 06, Chicago 07, New York 08, New York 08...I'm just getting started
  • Options
    SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    Holy SHit

I just heard a new song. I won't tell you which one, but it rhymes with "Pair-of-Boots"

lol. way to be vague ;-)
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    nuzpaper wrote:
    VIA is an awesome way to travel. I go to Ottawa often and its cheaper and faster then Greyhound + they serve beer!!!

The VIA is great. I did a few trips btwn Toronto and Montreal last year and it always seemed to be the same elderly man who was manning the snack cart.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • Options
    another thing:
    How can I go back after the show? My flight back is going at 7am and if a cab is so f*cking expensive...erm...is there any shuttle from the air canada place to the airport?
    Thank you!
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    nuzpaper wrote:
    Fuck the royal york..stay at http://www.dayshoteltoronto.ca/ its less then half the price and has all you need. Its only 5 subway stops(5-10 min) or a $10 cab ride. Its is also close to many toronto attractions
    Easy on the Royal York. I work there. But it's pretty expensive
  • Options
    Easy on the Royal York. I work there. But it's pretty expensive

Oh I thought I'm gonna skip the hotel thing and spend a few hrs at the airport just waitting til it gets 7...i'll then be able to sleep a few hrs in the plane..
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    nuzpaper wrote:

Will the serve beer at 9:00 am?

I hope so! :D
  • Options
    rideon wrote:
    Oh I thought I'm gonna skip the hotel thing and spend a few hrs at the airport just waitting til it gets 7...i'll then be able to sleep a few hrs in the plane..

If I wasn't staying for two days, I'd just do an all nighter, or sleep in Union Station.

Since I'm only bringing my backpack, is there anywhere a guy can stash his bag until after the concert? Save me having to meet my aunt and inconveniencing her in the middle of a work day.

Does Union Station do locker rentals?
  • Options

Haha haven't asked that yet *lol* will see if westjet knows how to satisfy customers :D
    keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    If I wasn't staying for two days, I'd just do an all nighter, or sleep in Union Station.

Since I'm only bringing my backpack, is there anywhere a guy can stash his bag until after the concert? Save me having to meet my aunt and inconveniencing her in the middle of a work day.

Does Union Station do locker rentals?
    No.

They stoped that after 9/11.

There is a complimentary luggage storage at the Royal York. It's supposed to be for the Guests only, but if you tip the bellman, they'll keep it for you.
  • Options
    No.

They stoped that after 9/11.

There is a complimentary luggage storage at the Royal York. It's supposed to be for the Guests only, but if you tip the bellman, they'll keep it for you.

No kidding. That sucks.

They'll actually do that for a little $$?

That's good news.
  • Options
    Great to see the thread back up eh!!!

I'm so excited!!!!!

Can't wait till the 9th & 10th
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    No kidding. That sucks.

They'll actually do that for a little $$?

That's good news.
    I used to manage those guys. It's against the rules, but I know they do it. $5.00 should cover it. Ask the guy at the belldesk.

I run a different department now...so I don't care so much.
  • Options
    I used to manage those guys. It's against the rules, but I know they do it. $5.00 should cover it. Ask the guy at the belldesk.

I run a different department now...so I don't care so much.

Haha, nice.

That saves me a lot of trouble. All I'll have is a stupid backpack.

I've been to the ACC before, but I don't remember a bag/coat check.
  • Options
    BUUUMMMMPPPPPPP!!!

3 1/2 weeks to go!!
  • Options

They didn't offer when I was on an early ride but then again I didn't ask.
  • Options
    KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    Hey folks,

Here's a list of DVD's I can donate for the fundraiser. All of them are audience recorded, nothing retail.

Kitchener '05 (My personal fav!)
    Tower Recrods '92
    Philly '05 (Great One)
    Jones Beach '00
    Kissimmee Florida '04 (Vote for Change, I think?)
    Santiageo Chilie '05
    Benaroya Hall (Amazing, just amazing)
    Toronto '00
    Buenos Aires '05
    Fairfax, VA '94
    MSG '98
    MTV Unplugged (Time bars)
    Gimli, Manitoba '93
    Buffalo '03
    Philly '03
    Pink Pop Festival '92
    Boston, MA '94
    Indio, CA '93

Let me know which of those would be best to raffle off. I'm thinking 4 - 5 each night...so I'll need 10 in total. What would be the best choices from your guys and gals point of view? I can throw in a Mad Season DVD I kinda made...let me know!
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org