Options

Worcester II Drawing Results

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    JimmyV wrote:
    Amazing !! After 7 years finally got 10c tix. GA!! Thanks 10c. So happy!! It's going to be magical!!

Congrats! This is exactly what the lottery is intended to do and this is exactly what the lottery has accomplished. That is success.

Enjoy the show!
    oh yeah...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pats16Pats16 Posts: 174
    Won GA tix as my second choice. Cannot wait!!!
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:

Take a picture of your tickets page and post it then.

That's what I thought.

How do I do that?
    Let's make this as easy as possible so we can clear this up.

Steps towards proof and afterlife:
    1. Goto your My Tickets page on PearlJam.com
    2. Make sure both Night 1 and Night 2 ticket results are viewable on your screen
    3. Click the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard
    4. If using Windows goto START ---> type MSPAINT in the program box
    5. Once in MSPAINT click the large clipboard in the top left that says PASTE
    6. Your screenshot of your tickets page will be in MSPAINT
    7. Click the little folder in MSPAINT right above the clipboard and select SAVE AS
    8. Give it a name and save it as a JPG file
    9. Goto http://www.imgur.com
    10. Click on the top right where it says Computer
    11. Find the JPG file you just saved from MSPAINT
    12. Click Start Upload
    13. Once uploaded click the 4th selection down on the right. It will say [IMG]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/.IMG] 14. Copy and Paste that selection in a reply here. The whole process should take you 3 mins I just copy and pasted those directions from a tutorial on uploading pictures. Let's see if you come through. :corn:[/img]
  • Options
    Won GA on second choice as well. A bit confused, but certainly happy to get in the building.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086

2. Make sure both Night 1 and Night 2 ticket results are viewable on your screen
    7. Click the little folder in MSPAINT right above the clipboard and select SAVE AS
    12. Click Start Upload
    13. Once uploaded click the 4th selection down on the right. It will say [IMG]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/.IMG] 14. Copy and Paste that selection in a reply here. The whole process should take you 3 mins I just copy and pasted those directions from a tutorial on uploading pictures. Let's see if you come through. :corn:[/img]

Curious about this, myself.
  • Options
    There does seem to be some confusion how people who entered GA as 2nd priority got them this time around. Makes sense that they want it filled with 10clubbers, so anyone that had GA listed as either priority would score them. Maybe they didn't have as many ticket requests for this 2nd show as they thought and needed to fill the pit first then give the reserved tix to the rest. Now for reserved, they can offer them out again somehow or they'll be available thru Ticketmaster.

I guess this may mean it isn't really OUR priority, as much as it is THEIR priority.
    I guess this ALSO may mean that anyone who scored reserved will get pretty awesome seats, as they didn't give out as many as it would seem.
    Who knows, maybe Worcester 2 was a test to see how things would go and they'll tweak things for a possible 2nd Seattle show?
  • Options
    If that is the case, and there are a bunch of reserved left over... why would they do a second drawing to any 10c member who didnt try/get shut out for Worcester 1 when there were people who wanted Res. over GA but got GA.

They should have given the people Res who wanted Res as their 1st choice, instead of GA and then if there were any left, they'd go back out to a broad lottery.

This theory of there being left over reserved seats makes no sense if people didn't get the reserved they put in for. Ive seen some posters that got shut out of the round 2 lottery completely.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502

12. Click Start Upload

easily photoshopped. taking pic with cellphone is much more reliable and less apt to be tampered with
  • Options
    16chez2116chez21 Posts: 83
    Tangerine wrote:
    GA was my 2nd priority and I won it too! :D Can't wait for October!!!!

Same for both my wife and me. GA second choice, both won GA.
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,030
    edited August 2013
    If that is the case, and there are a bunch of reserved left over... why would they do a second drawing to any 10c member who didnt try/get shut out for Worcester 1 when there were people who wanted Res. over GA but got GA.

They should have given the people Res who wanted Res as their 1st choice, instead of GA and then if there were any left, they'd go back out to a broad lottery.

This theory of there being left over reserved seats makes no sense if people didn't get the reserved they put in for. Ive seen some posters that got shut out of the round 2 lottery completely.

They will not do another drawing, who said they would? The TM sale is gonna start this Saturday, so there isn't enough time left for another 10c drawing. With that said, I bet there are going to be some awesome seats available through TM. :D

As for posters who got shut out of the 2nd drawing, the only ones I came across were those who were ineligible in the first place.
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178

Ive seen some posters that got shut out of the round 2 lottery completely.

No, there actually hasn't been anyone so far that got shut out. The ones who CLAIM they did, didn't read the rules and were ineligible. Nobody got shut out that was eligible.
  • Options
    There does seem to be some confusion how people who entered GA as 2nd priority got them this time around. Makes sense that they want it filled with 10clubbers, so anyone that had GA listed as either priority would score them. Maybe they didn't have as many ticket requests for this 2nd show as they thought and needed to fill the pit first then give the reserved tix to the rest. Now for reserved, they can offer them out again somehow or they'll be available thru Ticketmaster.

I guess this may mean it isn't really OUR priority, as much as it is THEIR priority.
    I guess this ALSO may mean that anyone who scored reserved will get pretty awesome seats, as they didn't give out as many as it would seem.
    Who knows, maybe Worcester 2 was a test to see how things would go and they'll tweak things for a possible 2nd Seattle show?

I tried to explain this a few pages ago.

"Reading through these responses I still think that there is plenty of confusion on how they do the lottery. I have to admit that I didn't understand it fully myself until after the initial drawing. The lottery isn't conducted the same way that I think most people would expect it to be. The GA for each show is selected first. If the club has 1000 sets of GA tickets and 1200 members pick GA as their first choice, then winners are randomly selected and 200 fans lose out.

But, if the supply actually exceeds the demand (such as this show) the remaining tickets are assigned randomly to those who picked GA as their second choice. Even though in some cases these fans would have preferred reserve seating and made GA their second choice as a last resort.

I'm guessing that's what happened here. Because of the restrictions, there were more tickets than eligible entries. Everyone who picked GA as first choice automatically won and there were still GA tickets left over. I'm also guessing that the Ten Club did still get a significant amount of reserved tickets but not many entries were left once the GA seats were allocated.

Again, I missed this important factor in the lottery during the initial draw but saw this written up somewhere during my compulsive reading of the forum."
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options

"Reading through these responses I still think that there is plenty of confusion on how they do the lottery. I have to admit that I didn't understand it fully myself until after the initial drawing. The lottery isn't conducted the same way that I think most people would expect it to be. The GA for each show is selected first. If the club has 1000 sets of GA tickets and 1200 members pick GA as their first choice, then winners are randomly selected and 200 fans lose out.

But, if the supply actually exceeds the demand (such as this show) the remaining tickets are assigned randomly to those who picked GA as their second choice. Even though in some cases these fans would have preferred reserve seating and made GA their second choice as a last resort.

I'm guessing that's what happened here. Because of the restrictions, there were more tickets than eligible entries. Everyone who picked GA as first choice automatically won and there were still GA tickets left over. I'm also guessing that the Ten Club did still get a significant amount of reserved tickets but not many entries were left once the GA seats were allocated.

Again, I missed this important factor in the lottery during the initial draw but saw this written up somewhere during my compulsive reading of the forum."

Bingo
  • Options

They will not do another drawing, who said they would? The TM sale is gonna start this Saturday, so there isn't enough time left for another 10c drawing. With that said, I bet there are going to be some awesome seats available through TM. :D

There is plenty of time, if they so choose to have a secondary drawing for everyone else. This whole week to enter thing is a novelty of sorts, in the past these things were conducted in a matter of hours. It can easily be done.
  • Options

There is plenty of time, if they so choose to have a secondary drawing for everyone else. This whole week to enter thing is a novelty of sorts, in the past these things were conducted in a matter of hours. It can easily be done.

If that's the case, than it would be awesome if they did it!
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    :)
    Post edited by GirlLovesPJ on
  • Options

If that's the case, than it would be awesome if they did it!

It happened!
  • Options
    How can they be offering Reserved seats to all now, when people put in Reserved as 1st choice and didnt get it, but got GA 2nd choice????????
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    How can they be offering Reserved seats to all now, when people put in Reserved as 1st choice and didnt get it, but got GA 2nd choice????????

From this thread:

• Options

Makes zero sense
  • Options

Makes zero sense

It makes perfect sense if you realize how they conduct the drawings. These second chance shows where people got GA ahead of reserved when it was their first choice gives us tremendous insight as to how the lottery is conducted.
  • Options
    idk. I think they way they run the lottery is silly then. Whats the point in having location options if its likely just gonna give you GA?

And the fact that I only put in GA as a back up plan... Guess I should have known that if I really wanted Reserved, I should have only put in for that??

They should just pull names out of a hat. 1st choice open, you get it... if not, move to 2nd choice and so forth.

• Options

Makes zero sense

It's been said many times in this thread.

10C Pit is only available to 10C members.
    They would much rather FILL THE 10C ONLY SECTION before giving out Reserved Seating WHICH IS ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETMASTER.

If they don't fill out the 10C ONLY SECTION, what are they going to do with the leftover tickets? They already specifically said they will NOT BE AVAILABLE THROUGH TICKETMASTER. Of course they could give some away or whatever but I think they'd rather sell them :D
    idk. I think they way they run the lottery is silly then. Whats the point in having location options if its likely just gonna give you GA?

And the fact that I only put in GA as a back up plan... Guess I should have known that if I really wanted Reserved, I should have only put in for that??

They should just pull names out of a hat. 1st choice open, you get it... if not, move to 2nd choice and so forth.

I'm pretty sure this happened because it was AN ADDED SHOW. They want to make sure the 10C ONLY TICKETS are sold first. I would ponder a guess that NORMALLY they would go by strict priority listing.. but since they wanted to get rid of 10C ONLY SECTION first if you had both selected you got 10C Pit over reserved...

It's pretty common sense IMHO.
  • Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    zman wrote:

12. Click Start Upload

easily photoshopped. taking pic with cellphone is much more reliable and less apt to be tampered with

I have the iPhone and took a pic with it How do I put it on the page that way?
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    If they have Reserve Seats left (they didn't use them all up) and that was my first choice, then that's what I should have gotten... Seems pretty simple...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    edited August 2013
    This is where the way they draw the lottery has a clear flaw, and in the case of this one single show, they should have drawn all GA 1st choice, then drawn all Reserved 1st choice, then proceeded to GA 2nd choice (Which would have been less or none depending on how many reserved seats were allocated), and finally reserved 2nd choice (which in this case would have been nobody as everyone who had GA first choice would have been accounted for already), then the leftovers go into this 2nd chance lottery, which would have probably put a higher number of GA up for grabs and less reserved. But those of us (myself included) who had Reserved as 1st priority would have had that from yesterday's draw.

Definitely flawed. Not complaining about getting GA tix, but the way the drawing is done needs tweaking and certainly wouldn't have been difficult in the case of a single show.
    Post edited by Poncier on
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

It happened!

You had a lucky hunch! I love you!!! :D
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:

I have the iPhone and took a pic with it How do I put it on the page that way?

I think your lie has been exposed since it is now FACT that tickets are leftover from the lottery yesterday; meaning everyone who was eligible and entered to win tickets, did. We no longer need your snapshot, we already have the answer.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    If they have Reserve Seats left (they didn't use them all up) and that was my first choice, then that's what I should have gotten... Seems pretty simple...
    if there was more time they should contact those of us who had Reserved 1st and GA 2nd and got GA and offer an opportunity to switch, (or another lottery to do so if not enough reserved for all in this boat, cause lord knows we need another lottery), then offer the leftovers (will be same total quantity of tickets just more or all will be GA) to the 2nd chance drawing.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Poncier wrote:
    This is where the way they draw the lottery has a clear flaw, and in the case of this one single shoe, they should have drawn all GA 1st choice, then drawn all Reserved 1st choice, then proceeded o GA 2nd choice (Which would have been less or none depending on how nay reserved seats were allocated), and finally reserved 2nd choice (which in this case would have been nobody as everyone who had GA first choice ould have been accounted for already), then the leftovers go into this 2nd chance lottery, which would have probably put anhigher number of GA up for grabs and less reserved. But those of us (myself included) who had Reserved as 1st priority would have had that from yesterday's draw.

Definitely flawed. Not complaining about getting GA tix, but the way the drawing is done needs tweaking and certainly wouldn't have been difficult in the case of a single show.

Exactly.

What's the point of having a priority if they are going to ignore it...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II