Options

Worcester II Drawing Results

Comments

• Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Poncier wrote:
    How can they be offering Reserved seats to all now, when people put in Reserved as 1st choice and didnt get it, but got GA 2nd choice????????
    This is where the way they draw the lottery has a clear flaw, and in the case of this one single shoe, they should have drawn all GA 1st choice, then drawn all Reserved 1st choice, then proceeded o GA 2nd choice (Which would have been less or none depending on how nay reserved seats were allocated), and finally reserved 2nd choice (which in this case would have been nobody as everyone who had GA first choice ould have been accounted for already), then the leftovers go into this 2nd chance lottery, which would have probably put anhigher number of GA up for grabs and less reserved. But those of us (myself included) who had Reserved as 1st priority would have had that from yesterday's draw.

Definitely flawed. Not complaining about getting GA tix, but the way the drawing is done needs tweaking and certainly wouldn't have been difficult in the case of a single show.

Agree, its flawed. But if nothing else, we know how it works now. Normally it won't be in issue when there is a high demand for tickets. It was flawed with Philly 1, Phoenix, Calgary, and Worcester 2, where there was less demand (for different reasons).
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this happened because it was AN ADDED SHOW. They want to make sure the 10C ONLY TICKETS are sold first. I would ponder a guess that NORMALLY they would go by strict priority listing.. but since they wanted to get rid of 10C ONLY SECTION first if you had both selected you got 10C Pit over reserved...

It's pretty common sense IMHO.

Thank you. Is this fact or assumption? If fact, I dont believe that information was provided to us prior to the lottery closing, but perhaps I missed it. I thought the normal lottery went as I explained before - picking names and going thru their choices, rather than picking a section first and then picking names, so I just assumed this lottery would run the same.

Either way... Im happy I got a 10c ticket and those w/ GA who want to trade for Res. shouldn't have too hard of a time doing that I'd assume...
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    If they have Reserve Seats left (they didn't use them all up) and that was my first choice, then that's what I should have gotten... Seems pretty simple...

Agreed.

But Im so tired of speculating the lottery system :fp:
    Poncier wrote:
    How can they be offering Reserved seats to all now, when people put in Reserved as 1st choice and didnt get it, but got GA 2nd choice????????
    This is where the way they draw the lottery has a clear flaw, and in the case of this one single shoe, they should have drawn all GA 1st choice, then drawn all Reserved 1st choice, then proceeded o GA 2nd choice (Which would have been less or none depending on how nay reserved seats were allocated), and finally reserved 2nd choice (which in this case would have been nobody as everyone who had GA first choice ould have been accounted for already), then the leftovers go into this 2nd chance lottery, which would have probably put anhigher number of GA up for grabs and less reserved. But those of us (myself included) who had Reserved as 1st priority would have had that from yesterday's draw.

Definitely flawed. Not complaining about getting GA tix, but the way the drawing is done needs tweaking and certainly wouldn't have been difficult in the case of a single show.

And a thank you to you too. Some here are making me feel like I'm the only one who thinks this way.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    mjservs806 wrote:

I have the iPhone and took a pic with it How do I put it on the page that way?

I think your lie has been exposed since it is now FACT that tickets are leftover from the lottery yesterday; meaning everyone who was eligible and entered to win tickets, did. We no longer need your snapshot, we already have the answer.

Appology accepted.. I did not lie!
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:
    mjservs806 wrote:

I think your lie has been exposed since it is now FACT that tickets are leftover from the lottery yesterday; meaning everyone who was eligible and entered to win tickets, did. We no longer need your snapshot, we already have the answer.

crawl away
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:
    zman wrote:
    Let's make this as easy as possible so we can clear this up.

Steps towards proof and afterlife:
    1. Goto your My Tickets page on PearlJam.com
    2. Make sure both Night 1 and Night 2 ticket results are viewable on your screen
    3. Click the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard
    4. If using Windows goto START ---> type MSPAINT in the program box
    5. Once in MSPAINT click the large clipboard in the top left that says PASTE
    6. Your screenshot of your tickets page will be in MSPAINT
    7. Click the little folder in MSPAINT right above the clipboard and select SAVE AS
    8. Give it a name and save it as a JPG file
    9. Goto http://www.imgur.com
    10. Click on the top right where it says Computer
    11. Find the JPG file you just saved from MSPAINT
    12. Click Start Upload
    13. Once uploaded click the 4th selection down on the right. It will say [IMG]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/.IMG] 14. Copy and Paste that selection in a reply here. The whole process should take you 3 mins I just copy and pasted those directions from a tutorial on uploading pictures. Let's see if you come through. :corn:[/img]

easily photoshopped. taking pic with cellphone is much more reliable and less apt to be tampered with

Transfer the image to your desktop and continue with Step 9 above... it's not rocket science mate.
    (I'm sure you know how to get an image from your iPhone to email or your desktop lol)
  • Options
    Appology accepted.. I did not lie![/quote]

crawl away[/quote]

Ok mr.knowitall..
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:

crawl away[/quote]

Ok mr.knowitall..[/quote]

Prove Michael Bolton wrong... please

upload image to flickr, photobucket... whatever
    then copy image code and paste here
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    SpaceboySpaceboy Posts: 29
    Let me preface my post by saying that people are going to say that I'm complaining and they would be right I am. Personally I feel people have the right to complain or question things that don't totally make sense when they have something invested in the issue or item at hand and that investment can be anything from money to time etc. In this case my investment is my dues and time spent supporting the band etc.

Count me as one of the few that got GA instead of reserved to the second show, although GA was my second choice.

Am I happy to have tickets, yes. Am I as happy as I would be if I got my "1st priority" of course not, as it's not my first "priority" or preference. I don't think there is a member on this board who can truly say that they have no preference to where they are in a venue. If they didn’t, they're essentially saying they would be just as happy in the nosebleeds as front row in front of Eddie. So I think we can all agree people all have a scale and preference to things, it's natural and ok.

The only people who may have not have a preference are those that simply aren’t able to attend the show, and you know what as soon as they are able to magically attend the show - they too would have a preference of where they stand/or sit.

With the above said, I registered for reserved as it's my wife's preference, who will be attending the show with me. Personally I could care less if I'm GA or reserved as I've seen then double digit times and either way I know I’ll be fairly close. However given we can select a priority I did to reflect what my wife would prefer.

I can understand getting GA although it wasn't my preference, if the band was getting zero allocation for reserved seats, or on an as needed basis (so just enough to fill the folks who ONLY put down reserved, I would refer to these guys as gamblers as it’s all or nothing). This would make total sense to me. This scenario however isn't the case, as clearly the allocation of reserved isn't on an as needed basis given they just sent a notice saying they have additional reserved available.

To me this boils down to laziness on how the new lottery system was coded and executed.

Should I simply shut up and consider myself lucky to be going, possibly but I still think it's fair to say the new system is poorly executed and/or explained, even if it did land me tickets.

Feel free to blast me, but I wanted to pass along my 2 cents
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:

crawl away

Ok mr.knowitall..[/quote]

then copy image code and paste here[/quote]

tryiong too but it says im only allwed so many pixels so its kind of tough
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Jesus guys. Cut the kid some slack
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,252
    Spaceboy wrote:
    Let me preface my post by saying that people are going to say that I'm complaining and they would be right I am. Personally I feel people have the right to complain or question things that don't totally make sense when they have something invested in the issue or item at hand and that investment can be anything from money to time etc. In this case my investment is my dues and time spent supporting the band etc.

Count me as one of the few that got GA instead of reserved to the second show, although GA was my second choice.

Am I happy to have tickets, yes. Am I as happy as I would be if I got my "1st priority" of course not, as it's not my first "priority" or preference. I don't think there is a member on this board who can truly say that they have no preference to where they are in a venue. If they didn’t, they're essentially saying they would be just as happy in the nosebleeds as front row in front of Eddie. So I think we can all agree people all have a scale and preference to things, it's natural and ok.

The only people who may have not have a preference are those that simply aren’t able to attend the show, and you know what as soon as they are able to magically attend the show - they too would have a preference of where they stand/or sit.

With the above said, I registered for reserved as it's my wife's preference, who will be attending the show with me. Personally I could care less if I'm GA or reserved as I've seen then double digit times and either way I know I’ll be fairly close. However given we can select a priority I did to reflect what my wife would prefer.

I can understand getting GA although it wasn't my preference, if the band was getting zero allocation for reserved seats, or on an as needed basis (so just enough to fill the folks who ONLY put down reserved, I would refer to these guys as gamblers as it’s all or nothing). This would make total sense to me. This scenario however isn't the case, as clearly the allocation of reserved isn't on an as needed basis given they just sent a notice saying they have additional reserved available.

To me this boils down to laziness on how the new lottery system was coded and executed.

Should I simply shut up and consider myself lucky to be going, possibly but I still think it's fair to say the new system is poorly executed and/or explained, even if it did land me tickets.

I think you'll find many who agree with you, myself included.
    Am very happy I got tickets, no question, but seeing as they have reserved seats now available for a new drawing, a tad miffed I didn't get my first priority request.
    They should have drawn differently, water under the bridge now, but another thing we'll all have to keep in mind for the 2016 tour.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:
    mjservs806 wrote:

crawl away

Ok mr.knowitall..

tryiong too but it says im only allwed so many pixels so its kind of tough[/quote]

I'd hate for you not to be able to upload this picture so I'll help you out again
    (Google doesn't appear to work from your PC)

http://www.picresize.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    k
    Post edited by mjservs806 on
  • Options

tryiong too but it says im only allwed so many pixels so its kind of tough[/quote]

I'd hate for you not to be able to upload this picture so I'll help you out again
    (Google doesn't appear to work from your PC)

http://www.picresize.com/[/quote]

44I5FRC.png?1
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    ibtl
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Nice dude. Shit is about to go Mach 10 in this thread
  • Options
    Back during the initial lottery I remember this same discussion regarding 1st and 2nd priorities with some people winning their second choice and thus being disqualified from their first choice. People were even claiming that it essentially gave you two first choices. The thought process was that if there were remaining GA tickets after the 1st priority draw then your 2nd priory GA was elevated to somthing like a 1A. I'm not sure that I totally agree with that rationale but I understand it.

For us in the northeast the demand for GA was so high that it never got to the 2nd choice. But, due to the eligibility requirements for this one off show it appears that the demand was no where near the supply so we saw lots of GA 2nd choices win.

I also thought that it was interesting to get a feel for the overall demand for the first Worcester show. Given that they sold all the Ten Club tickets to the first show but had left over tickets to the entry restricted second show I would guess that the demand was only 133% - 150% for the first show (meaning 2/3 to 3/4 of the members who requested Worcester 1 tickets won them). I realize that some people who were eligible for the Worcester 2 draw may not have entered the lottery for a variety of reasons but I think that this shows the general level of demand for a single northeast show.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

:lol::lol:

some ticket revocation in 5. 4. 3. 2...

• Options

I also thought that it was interesting to get a feel for the overall demand for the first Worcester show. Given that they sold all the Ten Club tickets to the first show but had left over tickets to the entry restricted second show I would guess that the demand was only 133% - 150% for the first show (meaning 2/3 to 3/4 of the members who requested Worcester 1 tickets won them). I realize that some people who were eligible for the Worcester 2 draw may not have entered the lottery for a variety of reasons but I think that this shows the general level of demand for a single northeast show.
    I certainly think this and Philly's results show that playing 2 shows in any northeast city not named New York will allow each10clubber the opportunity to secure tix for 1 of the 2 shows going forward in our new lottery based society.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

I think I'd have kept the info to myself if it had happened to me. Obviously he slipped thru the cracks yesterday, we'll see if 10c lets it slide since supply outweighed demand yesterday.
  • Options
    Well if it makes any difference, he proved me wrong. I guess I'll be the one crawling away! :o
  • Options
    Spaceboy wrote:

The only issue is, I am sure (and I think I saw someone allude to this on this very thread) there are folks that got scared by the Wrigley drawing that feared getting nothing if they put GA first. So, in this draw, they put it 2nd on a lark, but put reserved first to have their best shot at getting in the building. So, those folks were thrilled they picked GA first. That is, I don't think everyone that put GA 2nd really wanted to do that. They just wanted best chance at being there. Obviously, there's no way to tell intent.

They wanted to fill GA first, as that won't be relegated back to TM if they aren't gone and clearly it is 9 times out of 10 considered the best "seat" in the house. So, they went with that. Any automated process (Which this HAS to be) will satisfy the masses.

I would hope if it's possible, they would accommodate folks once they see what the demand is for GA in the "open market." I'd suggest NICELY e-mailing the ticketing for 10C and see if they might accommodate you. Barring that, I'd be patient, and I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that will be willing to swap their reserved pair for your GA. You may not get your seniority exactly, but you'll still have very good seats if that's what you'd prefer. Trading GA for reserved will be extremely easy. The other way around (how many folks that REALLY wanted GA but "played it safe" and would have been pissed that GA's were open to the general populace?) of trading would be pure luck that you find someone (of course, the situation caused here makes this unique.).

If anything, you should feel lucky. Face value and all, but I bet someone might buy you a beer for the swap out of GA.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Well if it makes any difference, he proved me wrong. I guess I'll be the one crawling away! :o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm-ZGNCv-8

1:20 mark. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmm-ZGNCv-8

1:20 mark. :mrgreen:

I miss funny Bill Murray!
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

I think I'd have kept the info to myself if it had happened to me. Obviously he slipped thru the cracks yesterday, we'll see if 10c lets it slide since supply outweighed demand yesterday.

Will trade my worceater 2 ga for Hartford ga if anyone is interested?
  • Options
    SpaceboySpaceboy Posts: 29
    The only issue is, I am sure (and I think I saw someone allude to this on this very thread) there are folks that got scared by the Wrigley drawing that feared getting nothing if they put GA first. So, in this draw, they put it 2nd on a lark, but put reserved first to have their best shot at getting in the building. So, those folks were thrilled they picked GA first. That is, I don't think everyone that put GA 2nd really wanted to do that. They just wanted best chance at being there. Obviously, there's no way to tell intent.

They wanted to fill GA first, as that won't be relegated back to TM if they aren't gone and clearly it is 9 times out of 10 considered the best "seat" in the house. So, they went with that. Any automated process (Which this HAS to be) will satisfy the masses.

I would hope if it's possible, they would accommodate folks once they see what the demand is for GA in the "open market." I'd suggest NICELY e-mailing the ticketing for 10C and see if they might accommodate you. Barring that, I'd be patient, and I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that will be willing to swap their reserved pair for your GA. You may not get your seniority exactly, but you'll still have very good seats if that's what you'd prefer. Trading GA for reserved will be extremely easy. The other way around (how many folks that REALLY wanted GA but "played it safe" and would have been pissed that GA's were open to the general populace?) of trading would be pure luck that you find someone (of course, the situation caused here makes this unique.).

If anything, you should feel lucky. Face value and all, but I bet someone might buy you a beer for the swap out of GA.

I did and here's the response I received,

"From time to time a second chance sale gets added. In this case of Worcester, this is a rare situation on several levels.

Although tickets are not exchangeable with the fan club, many fans swap amongst themselves. The message boards are a good place for that.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-10c"

I'm going to let it go as I'm happy to be going, it's just odd and even I had to laugh when I was trying to explain to my wife how I received 2nd priority tickets when there are 1st priority tickets still available. :lol:
  • Options
    Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 221
    First off, I am very happy & thankful to have received my "2nd choice" GA tickets for Worcester 2. That being said, I am somewhat disappointed that I got my 2nd choice for the 2nd lottery, only to find out they are having a 3rd lottery for the tickets I wanted with my first choice. I wanted reserved seats for a couple of reasons. First off, my low # of 159xxx usually means the BEST seats in the entire house. Secondly, my 5' 0" wife HATES GA. We had GA in Amsterdam, and less than halfway through the show she completely freaked out with our spot dead center in the middle of the masses, so we had to move to the back part of the GA area where it wasn't as crowded. Mind you, STILL a great spot, but I would have much rather kept our original spot. As a 6 foot, 240lb male, I've got no problem holding my own area, but my wife felt real claustrophobic being so small. Thirdly, GA is a complete nightmare for the MULTIPLE times a show that my wife has to use the restroom. For me, I go before the show starts and after the show ends REGARDLESS of the 10 beers that I drink. For her, not so much. She's got to go AT LEAST every half hour or so. Sucks for her, but usually great for me because she always returns with a nice fresh cold beer for me. However, trying to get back to me in a PACKED GA crowd can be a huge problem sometimes. So, unfortunately for this show she has decided she would rather not go at all than to be stuck in GA. (of course this decision was made MUCH easier for her since I won Reserved for Hartford and I also scalped some balcony seats for Worcester 1, so she's at least going to a couple of shows). The point is, GA isn't for everyone. Some people would actually rather sit in the balcony rather than be stuck in the pit, and if you request RESERVED seats as your FIRST choice, then that's the seats you really should get if they are available. Like I said, I'm more than happy to have hit the 2nd lottery and GLADLY will accept GA, as is my buddy who is more than stoked that he will now be taking my wife's ticket, but my wife isn't nearly as happy as us.
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • Options
    ^^
    I agree with what you've said, and understand all your wife's reasons for not wanting GA. Im usually the same, being 5' 2" but Im going to use this one time experience in the GA and have fun down there. I had a seat on the floor in Hartford in 2010, First row sec. 5, and couldn't see jack shit. Still one of my all time favorite PJ shows. The energy down there was unreal, and knowing your surrounded by 10c peeps, they're usually pretty cool and understanding (tho I understand that GA is a different beast - not having that seat behind you to mark your territory).

That being said, you can take this as a free-ticket to have a good time without your wife, or it seems there are many who actually prefer GA and you should be able to swap fairly easy

• Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    i do not think that this drawing second chance drawing shows a "one show only" market in Mass.

The only people allowed were those that got shut out of show #1... true, that at that time, you could only get tickets to one show in the area. But there may have been lots of people from bordering cities that didn't go for show #1, that WOULD have put in for show #2, for any number of reasons. It also would have made it more of a destination tour stop, for people to spend a night/couple days (like other two night cities.. or like boston when they announce two shows up front).
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    edited August 2013
    Heads up for those who got GA for Worcester 2, but want seats:

I put in for the Second Chance drawing and, if I get seats, would love to swap them for GA. My member number is 73xxx, so they should be decent.

Edit: The hypothetical tickets are spoken for. Now I just need to be drawn!
    Post edited by pjl44 on