Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    fear4freedomfear4freedom Posts: 920
    tickets on sale pre sale when? now?
    Theres no time like the present

A man that stands for nothing....will fall for anything!

All people need to do more on every level!
  • Options
    melbatoastmelbatoast Posts: 17
    KK wrote:
    Why no Denver in almost a decade??? :(

Remember Red Rocks???

It could be one of the most epic 3 or 4 night stands ever!!!

Why no Colorado love???

I totally agree. Who wouldn't want to play in Colorado?! Good central location, beautiful scenery... I live there :lol: . Anyway, I met Smitty, PJ's sound manager since the beginning, outside of Carre Theater in Amsterdam last year. My baby sister and I were sitting in front of the venue drinking a bottle of wine while Eddie was playing. We had tickets to night 2, and not night 1. Smitty came out to take a pic of the front of the venue and I offered him a cup of wine. We talked to him for about 10 minutes. Anyway, 5 minutes later he came back out with a pair of tickets for my sister and I! Center aisle, second row! We caught Eddie that night when he leaned onto the crowd while playing Hard Sun! Most memorable night ever.
    ANYWAY... during our conversation Smitty said PJ will probably never play Red Rocks again :( . The venue is too small and it is a pain in the ass bringing all the stage equipment up the hill. Sounds kinda ridiculous to me considering other huge bands that play there regularly. But, he did kinda grin and said not to be surprised if EV did a solo night there.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    rockpants wrote:
    Okay, after this I'm gonna shuduhfuggup (for awhile) and go to bed, but I just wanted to give a ((((((BIG INTERNET HUG)))))) to everyone responsible for scheduling the public on-sale date for a Saturday. Relieving to know I'll still have a great chance to get tickets if I strike out in the lottery. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

w00t!

SO MANY FEELS!

Yes>I agree that the Saturday public sale is good to see.
  • Options
    TK-421TK-421 Posts: 14
    Another show for Calgary, that makes me very happy. Not sure what the attraction is with our freezing city. The crowds have been excellent at the Calgary shows, I hope that is what keeps them coming back.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Seattle, here I come!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Seattle, here I come!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    CxpsCxps Posts: 1
    Hey everybody, since im in ecuador (guayaquil) and considering the budget to travel from south america just for the shows, would you recommend electing between brooklyn (big city) or small place like hartford? (For the drawing) . Will be my first show attending with my wife, so any comment will be appreciated. I dont really know how the drawing works, so, where is my best chance to get tickets in presale? (My current membership started a few days ago
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    melbatoast wrote:
    KK wrote:
    Why no Denver in almost a decade??? :(

Remember Red Rocks???

It could be one of the most epic 3 or 4 night stands ever!!!

Why no Colorado love???

I totally agree. Who wouldn't want to play in Colorado?! Good central location, beautiful scenery... I live there :lol: . Anyway, I met Smitty, PJ's sound manager since the beginning, outside of Carre Theater in Amsterdam last year. My baby sister and I were sitting in front of the venue drinking a bottle of wine while Eddie was playing. We had tickets to night 2, and not night 1. Smitty came out to take a pic of the front of the venue and I offered him a cup of wine. We talked to him for about 10 minutes. Anyway, 5 minutes later he came back out with a pair of tickets for my sister and I! Center aisle, second row! We caught Eddie that night when he leaned onto the crowd while playing Hard Sun! Most memorable night ever.
    ANYWAY... during our conversation Smitty said PJ will probably never play Red Rocks again :( . The venue is too small and it is a pain in the ass bringing all the stage equipment up the hill. Sounds kinda ridiculous to me considering other huge bands that play there regularly. But, he did kinda grin and said not to be surprised if EV did a solo night there.

I cant believe not only las vegas got left out but Denver too. especially las vegas though entertainment capital of world, a lot of bands come here, yet pj used to always had their anniversary show here in 2000, 2006 was a sick show and no back since, I am shocked honestly there is no las vegas date since it been so long

I hear rumors of las vegas nov 18 but I think it just wishfull thinking they could do it between dallas and phoenix, and still get night off in between. please come to las vegas
  • Options
    SloopJohnBSloopJohnB Illinois Posts: 33
    What are the odds a second Seattle show will be added? If there is one added, anybody know how additional shows have gone on sale in the past? (Will it be the same day, or a few days later?)
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    So, do we think that with GA available (I think close to 1500 pairs per venue) AND reserved seating for the rest of the floor and selected 100's level (I think another 3000 pairs) that 4500 members are going to put in for every and all shows? Just look at the picture on the front page of the website....GA may be HUGE! And there is supposed to be even more reserved seating than GA. PJ picked these venues and these dates carefully to maximize their available club tickets!

There aren't going to be neighborhood sales like Wrigley, there are going to be 10 different presales for each arena...

Obviously Brooklyn and Philly and suburban Boston may be tricky.....but every show? This tour isn't Wrigley in July! It's just not the same buzz, at least not for anyone outside the 10C bubble.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think multiple shows can be won. Multiple GA's can be won. At least a GA for one show and reserved for another show or two or three.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    The Worcester Fuckin' Centrum ? Unbelievable. I never thought i'd see the day. The unofficial home venue of Neil Diamond. Worcester is a cool, gritty, underrated college town.

Worcester is an interesting selection. Curious if the Garden is full or they want to see what Worcester has to offer.....A smallish venue, perhaps 12,000-13,000 with the GA floor.? There have been some wild shows in that derilict building over the years... Korn, Van Halen, Marilyn Manson etc..

You have to wonder if they would play a small worcester gig at the Palladium or Mechanics Hall..?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    tickets on sale pre sale when? now?

http://pearljam.com/tenclub/events/1/21 ... r_announce
  • Options
    Cxps wrote:
    Hey everybody, since im in ecuador (guayaquil) and considering the budget to travel from south america just for the shows, would you recommend electing between brooklyn (big city) or small place like hartford? (For the drawing) . Will be my first show attending with my wife, so any comment will be appreciated. I dont really know how the drawing works, so, where is my best chance to get tickets in presale? (My current membership started a few days ago

Purely a guess, but if my only goal was getting tickets, I'd probably put in for Reserved seats in Oklahoma City, Charlotte, or Charlottesville.
  • Options
    givnflygivnfly Posts: 51
    G-force wrote:
    The Worcester Fuckin' Centrum ? Unbelievable. I never thought i'd see the day. The unofficial home venue of Neil Diamond. Worcester is a cool, gritty, underrated college town.

Worcester is an interesting selection. Curious if the Garden is full or they want to see what Worcester has to offer.....A smallish venue, perhaps 12,000-13,000 with the GA floor.? There have been some wild shows in that derilict building over the years... Korn, Van Halen, Marilyn Manson etc..

You have to wonder if they would play a small worcester gig at the Palladium or Mechanics Hall..?

The Circus is at the Garden for 2 weeks starting on the 14th or 15th so it wasn't an option...
    Saratoga '00/ Mansfield I '00/ Montreal '00/ Albany '03/ Mansfield I '03/ Mansfield III '03/ Boston I '04/ Boston II '04/ Montreal '05/ Albany '06/ Hartford '06/ Boston I '06/ Boston II '06/ MSG II '08/ Hartford II '08/ Mansfield I '08/ Mansfield II '08/ Hartford '10/ Boston '10/ Montreal '11/ Worcester I '13/ Worcester II '13/ Hartford '13/ MSG I '16/ Quebec City '16/ Fenway I '16/ Fenway II '16/ Fenway I '18/ Fenway II '18/ MSG '22(rescheduled '20 Covid show)/ Austin I '23/ Fenway I '24/ Fenway II '24

• Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 139
    I don't think the TD Garden allows GA shows either. i think most of these venues were chosen specifically for GA purposes. The Centrum is also one of the best arenas in the country accoustics wise.
  • Options
    I don't think the TD Garden allows GA shows either. i think most of these venues were chosen specifically for GA purposes. The Centrum is also one of the best arenas in the country accoustics wise.

Nope. Stones had a pit a couple weeks ago. Upcoming Beyonce and Nine Inch Nails shows also have GA.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:

Nope. Stones had a pit a couple weeks ago. Upcoming Beyonce and Nine Inch Nails shows also have GA.

Then I guess it is because of scheduling purposes. When I saw the list of venues which aren't the norm I assumed it was a GA issue. Now the next question is why only one show? Boston is usually good for 2-3.
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    So, do we think that with GA available (I think close to 1500 pairs per venue) AND reserved seating for the rest of the floor and selected 100's level (I think another 3000 pairs) that 4500 members are going to put in for every and all shows? Just look at the picture on the front page of the website....GA may be HUGE! And there is supposed to be even more reserved seating than GA. PJ picked these venues and these dates carefully to maximize their available club tickets!

There aren't going to be neighborhood sales like Wrigley, there are going to be 10 different presales for each arena...

Obviously Brooklyn and Philly and suburban Boston may be tricky.....but every show? This tour isn't Wrigley in July! It's just not the same buzz, at least not for anyone outside the 10C bubble.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think multiple shows can be won. Multiple GA's can be won. At least a GA for one show and reserved for another show or two or three.

I think you are overestimating the size of GA, and maybe underestimating how many people will apply. Though on the latter point, it is only guesswork. I would say many thousands will go for shows like Brooklyn, Seattle, LA, Dallas. Don't know about the little shows.

From maps for the Stones, the GA pit held about 400. Based on that, I think the entire floor might hold about 2000-2500. If they get 1/2 to 1/3 ... it will be closer to 800-1200. Let's round it to 500 pairs.

Surely there will be more than 500 #1 GA selections for each show? Even the little places. I think plenty in the NE will put their #1 GA to a smaller market, hoping for a better chance to win.

For each leg, might be a small-to-reasonable chance of getting a #1 GA selection to come through, and I'd guess close to 0% chance for any non-#1 GA selections. But I think could definitely win with a #2 Reserved choice in smaller markets.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So...the Dec 6th is Friday...PLEASE ADD A SECOND SHOW!
    Yes!!!!!!!
    Can't even make it to the Friday show, but one on Saturday would be perfect!!! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SM168759SM168759 Posts: 43
    Long time lurker, first time poster..

The wife and I have been planning for a long time to do a roadtrip and follow the band on tour.. is anyone else bemused by the roundabout route the band is taking?

We're Bostonians, so the new plan is to drive to Pittsburgh then Buffalo, then back home for the Worcester show; we'll drive down to Hartford a week later for that one, but that's about it.

Anyone else roadtripping?
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    SM168759 wrote:

The wife and I have been planning for a long time to do a roadtrip and follow the band on tour.. is anyone else bemused by the roundabout route the band is taking?

We're Bostonians, so the new plan is to drive to Pittsburgh then Buffalo, then back home for the Worcester show; we'll drive down to Hartford a week later for that one, but that's about it.

If I win the lottery between now and November, I'll be doing the entire West Coast. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    SM168759 wrote:

If I win the lottery between now and November, I'll b
    e doing the entire West Coast. :P

"If so, can I come?"

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    oysterjar wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    SM168759 wrote:

If I win the lottery between now and November, I'll b
    e doing the entire West Coast. :P

"If so, can I come?"
    Sure... I'm expecting many millions of dollars, so I can fund several people on this trip. :)
  • Options
    I'll start planning now. Thanks!!!!!!

:D :thumbup:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Alfonz wrote:
    I think you are overestimating the size of GA, and maybe underestimating how many people will apply. Though on the latter point, it is only guesswork. I would say many thousands will go for shows like Brooklyn, Seattle, LA, Dallas. Don't know about the little shows.

From maps for the Stones, the GA pit held about 400. Based on that, I think the entire floor might hold about 2000-2500. If they get 1/2 to 1/3 ... it will be closer to 800-1200. Let's round it to 500 pairs.

Surely there will be more than 500 #1 GA selections for each show? Even the little places. I think plenty in the NE will put their #1 GA to a smaller market, hoping for a better chance to win.

For each leg, might be a small-to-reasonable chance of getting a #1 GA selection to come through, and I'd guess close to 0% chance for any non-#1 GA selections. But I think could definitely win with a #2 Reserved choice in smaller markets.

This new system is stressing me out. For people who want to attend multiple shows I think this is a loser. For example, I would normally aim to go to both Brooklyn shows and one of the Philly shows. But if I get shut out of those I would try for Worcester and Hartford. Problem is, I won't know if I'm shut out until after the drawing which makes it too late. I don't want to use my #1 priority on a popular show like Brooklyn (general admission) if its a pipe dream. So now if I use my top 2 priorites for Brooklyn GA there is almost no chance I'll get Philly GA with a 3rd priority. I've been strategizing all day and can't figure out the best move. But I'm pretty sure I'll end up in a worse situation than with the old system. Longing for the days where we just sent in a an order form with a money order :fp:
  • Options
    Alfonz wrote:

This new system is stressing me out. For people who want to attend multiple shows I think this is a loser. For example, I would normally aim to go to both Brooklyn shows and one of the Philly shows. But if I get shut out of those I would try for Worcester and Hartford. Problem is, I won't know if I'm shut out until after the drawing which makes it too late. I don't want to use my #1 priority on a popular show like Brooklyn (general admission) if its a pipe dream. So now if I use my top 2 priorites for Brooklyn GA there is almost no chance I'll get Philly GA with a 3rd priority. I've been strategizing all day and can't figure out the best move. But I'm pretty sure I'll end up in a worse situation than with the old system. Longing for the days where we just sent in a an order form with a money order :fp:
    That is the whole point. 10c is TRYING to make it so that people can't get 10C tix to a ton of shows, because they want more people to experience at least one. They have gone out of their way to keep all those tix from going into a smaller number of members' hands, and their concern is that ANY member gets at least one ticket, not whether or not Joe Schmoe member has to see them in Brooklyn instead of Philly. They care about the guy who DID get that ticket just as much as the person who didn't. Seems fair to me. There are other ways to see a show than to get 10C tix.
    Don't let it stress you out. Just say to yourself that these are the shows you want to see, and you will see them... just maybe not with a 10C ticket that you won yourself.
  • Options
    Buffalo, NY!!!
  • Options
    vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
    joenlydia wrote:
    haven't been able to afford ten club membership as we have four kids last time I paid for them to be overseas the whole time now I find they come to our area for our 10th anniversary.... hoping 10c is like eddie in wanting fairnress for his fans!!! paid for full analog membership in hopes of surprising my wonderful husband/father of our kids... please pray for this!!! thanks a ton!!!

Best of Luck!! You deserve it ;)
    Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    I WAS WONDERING IF YOU FIND OUT WHERE YOUR SEATS ARE WHEN YOU GET PICKED FROM THE LOTTERY OR DO YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL YOU PICK THEM UP AT THE SHOW?
  • Options
    Peyton18 wrote:
    I WAS WONDERING IF YOU FIND OUT WHERE YOUR SEATS ARE WHEN YOU GET PICKED FROM THE LOTTERY OR DO YOU JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL YOU PICK THEM UP AT THE SHOW?

That's a great question. Anyone?

Wind this thing up.