Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    JJ156235JJ156235 Posts: 1
    As I commiserate with other frustrated ten club members over getting shut out on local tickets, I offer two novel concepts:

Instead of putting all shows online for all fans (and scalpers) worldwide to access and dilute the odds for a fan to see their hometown show how about the 10 club allow first dibs for any given show for people within a 30 mile radius of the venue who are members? Once those tickets are gone, then let the rest of the members have at it with whatever is left. I'm sure people in Boston, NYC, Philly or Seattle would appreciate this. Get Stone to spin some sort of CO2 emission reduction policy around it.

Better yet, analog fans. Let's do away with the soulless internet ticket distribution for fan club members and sell tickets at the box office of the venue like in the golden ages of rock n roll. Think about the jobs impact that would have! Ten Club members would get a unique code, the venue employee would be able to enter that code in the system at their box office. It means those fans who want to get off their ass and interact with humans can see the show at whatever venue they are willing to drive to.

Yes both policies have flaws and will be unfair to some, but at least we'd have a process we'd understand instead of some cryptic odds game shrouded in secrecy.

Now who wants to scalp me a GA ticket to Pittsburgh?
  • Options
    crowesBRcrowesBR Posts: 127
    Just got an email.
    So I paid $156 and said PRICE/PAIR.
    This is for the pair correct? Not a single ticket.

Thanks
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to those that got shut out. I wish you super good luck with TM. Remember to be signed in, and have your credit card on file already.

I just got the email, and I got tickets. This is extra good news considering the only reason we are transferring to Naval Base San Diego is because the possibility of seeing them there sealed the deal. We will just barely have arrived in San Diego, but I will find my way to that arena! :)
  • Options
    renelesurrenelesur Dallas, TX Posts: 84
    crowesBR wrote:
    Just got an email.
    So I paid $156 and said PRICE/PAIR.
    This is for the pair correct? Not a single ticket.

Thanks

Yes, that should be the price for both tickets.

I was lucky enough to get Reserved for Dallas and OKC (my #2 and #4 priorities) and they said that my card was charged $321+ dollars.

11/15/2013 - Dallas, TX; 11/16/2013 - Oklahoma City, OK;

8/10/2018 - Safeco Field, Seattle, WA; 8/18 & 20/2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL; 9/2 & 4/2018 - Fenway Park, Boston, MA

7/8 & 9/2022 - Hyde Park, London, EN,   UPCOMING: Nashville, St. Louis, OKC

• Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    Ridiculous, just got the shut out email. There is no longer any reason to be a Ten Club member. Used to be you just got your tickets straight up. Now, there just is not any legit reason to keep paying the $40 dues. All good things come to an end I guess.
  • Options
    After 20 years of waiting, I'm finally seeing them, pearl jam, my favorite band ever, in Seattle. I won reserved seats so hopefully they will be good enough for me to see the band, but no matter where they are I don't care, I'm going to be in the same room with them! Last time I tried for tix was back in 1992, was first in line outside a ticket master store. My friends and I waited there all night to get tix and they opened and did a lottery drawing for first in line. I was so sad none of got tix by the time we got to the door they were sold out. This is going to be the longest wait of my life.
    Me you wouldn't recall for I'm not my former
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    Why only 1 show in Seattle? Not like half the city aren't 10 Club members.
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    RachTRachT Posts: 10
    I am wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question....what happens to the tickets if you are not able to personally collect them on the day? For example, say you cannot attend the show for some unknown reason and you also cannot collect the tickets to give to friends, family or even 10C members who missed out - do the reserved seats then go to waste i.e no-one gets them?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,623
    Sorry to all the east coasters who didn't get any tix. Obviously, the demand simply far outweighs the number of tix available. This would be true with any kind of ticketing system. If everyone always used to get 10c tix then that tells me demand has gone way up and the PJ business is booming on the Northeast coast, not that there is something wrong with ticket distribution system.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    We need to start some kind of online petition for this.. this is logical and only fair. But in California im going to have to travel 150 miles one way to the Los Angeles show (and that is the closest one) so i think it should be by state not by any mile radius :)
    JJ156235 wrote:
    As I commiserate with other frustrated ten club members over getting shut out on local tickets, I offer two novel concepts:

Instead of putting all shows online for all fans (and scalpers) worldwide to access and dilute the odds for a fan to see their hometown show how about the 10 club allow first dibs for any given show for people within a 30 mile radius of the venue who are members? Once those tickets are gone, then let the rest of the members have at it with whatever is left. I'm sure people in Boston, NYC, Philly or Seattle would appreciate this. Get Stone to spin some sort of CO2 emission reduction policy around it.
  • Options
    bramnieskensbramnieskens The Netherlands Posts: 101
    I am really sorry to read all the the reactions of you getting shut out.
    I was extremely lucky so I have one pair of tickets for the LA show on 11/24.
    Probably a friend of mine is joining me from Amsterdam to LA but if she's not coming I'm glad to sell one ticket to one of you so send me a DM and we'll figure out a way.
    I hope she will figure out if her holiday is approved or not before the 27th

2007: Nijmegen
    2010: Nijmegen
    2012: Amsterdam 1
    2013: Los Angeles 1 & 2
    2014: Gold Coast
    2018: Amsterdam 1 & 2, Prague, Krakow, Berlin

• Options
    TbowTbow Posts: 57
    hey does anyone know the website http://www.ticketprocess.com they have pearl jam tickets on sale???? They are expensive and they have GA tickets not sure how?? or what the deal is with this website. Figured if anyone was interested who didn't win tickets to check it out I won a pair for the Boston show!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    i wanna 2 for LA2....2 for San Diego and 2 for Seattle..please help me!!!
  • Options
    eds' biggest faneds' biggest fan Tampa, FL Posts: 11
    Holy Shit - got SEATTLE!!!! Always wanted to see them at home! My lucky year got Wrigley & the travel package...see ya in 2 days everyone!
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    Allow me to vent. This has gotten completely out of control. I think PJ means well and I have no idea how hands-on they are with any of this stuff anyway, but something needs to change. This idea of a random draw and then alloting tickets by seniority is just crazy. I've been a member for a very long time and got completely shut out, whereas it seems as though people who joined a couple, or a few years ago received tickets. That's ridiculous. Whenever I get tickets through the 10c, they're in the first 5 rows, but half of the time, I get totally shut out and end up paying a premium through a broker. I'm willing to do that because I love the band, whereas I doubt some jerkoff who joined the 10c a few weeks or whatever before the most recent deadline would even consider it. (Excuse the name-calling -- I'm sure you're all very nice people) The cynical part of me says PJ knows this and dictates the results of the "random draws" to ensure that the venue brings in enough money through ticket sales. I hope I'm wrong. It just seems wildly unfair for someone who just joined the 10c to have the same opportunity to get tickets as someone who's been a member for a much longer period of time. If they have the capability to allot seats based on seniority, then they have the same capability to select who gets tickets in that manner. I'll be at the Brooklyn and Philly shows but this is one disgruntled 10c member. Clean it up.

Enjoy your Tuesdays.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    SM168759SM168759 Posts: 43
    Had put in for 4 on the East Coast, hoping that we'd be able to do the road trip I'd mentioned in a previous post. Even put in for Reserved seating instead of GA thinking that the GA would go faster. Was super disappointed yesterday evening to see I got only one pair, to the Worcester show, which would be local for us Boston folk.

And then came here and read how many people missed out completely and I don't feel so terrible now. Oh well, it's Ticketmaster time.
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    Anyone know why on Ticketmaster it doesn't even have the Barclays show listed yet? I'm just trying to find out what the ticket price range will be. It's different for most cities, I'm guessing it will be on par with Philly.

Thanks!
  • Options
    michael_augustinemichael_augustine Chicago Posts: 40
    Nothing breaks my heart more than continually getting rejection letters from the 10C saying that I didn't get any tickets out of the lottery, or the last lottery. It seems like paying membership dues just buys you a raffle ticket these days. Back in the day it meant you GOT tickets. I guess they do want us to sell our souls and use Ticketmaster. So sad... :cry:
    Cincinnati 00'
    Cleveland 03'
    Pittsburgh 03'
    Cincinnati 06'
    Chicago 08' (EV Into the Wild 1 & 2)
    Chicago 09' (1 & 2)
    Chicago 11' (EV Uke 1 & 2)
    East Troy 11' (PJ20 1 & 2)
    Chicago 13' (Wrigley)
    Brooklyn 13' (1 & 2)
    Moline 14' (No Code)
    Milwaukee 14' (Yield)
    Chicago 16" (Wrigley 1 & 2)

• Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    edited July 2013
    This lottery system needs to end immediately. Too many flaws. I think its time for an official petition in this forum. We have to put an end to this. My wife and I have been members since 1996 and have never had difficulty getting tix thru the 10C. Not this time. My wife was totally shut out and I managed to get lucky enough to win 1 pair of tix to one of the 4 shows I tried for. This system is set up to thwart fans who want to go to multiple shows - aka their hard core fan base. Not a good idea. I agree this is the result of unintended consequences but it won't change unless we are untied and loud.
    Post edited by Whipping_Boy on
  • Options
    kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    Sorry to those who got the heisman, best of luck with TM and or Stub Hub. After reading some of the posts, I feel lucky to have received tix for LA2(2nd priority). Got shutout for my 1st priority, LA1. Very excited to see PJ..first time since 2009. They'll have a handfull of new songs to play, looking forward to it!

Anyone know if they've ever played the LA Sports Arena before, or is this there first time?

Wonder where the pre-concert scene in LA will be? In my experience, tailgaiting in LA is usually frowned upon. :nono:
  • Options
    PeterBPeterB Posts: 26
    How about a weighted lottery? If you've been in the 10C for 20 years, you get 20 entires into each show, 10 years gets 10 entires, 1 year gets 1 entry.

Because now the reward for loyalty is still better seats but only if you win a random drawing. And it's easier to try for tickets than before. You have several days to submit your entries. Whereas before you at least had to make a point of being in front of a computer at a specific time, which I'm sure is more effort than some casual fans are willing to give.

Maybe by PJ30 we'll have it perfected!
  • Options
    NK10452 wrote:
    Allow me to vent. This has gotten completely out of control. I think PJ means well and I have no idea how hands-on they are with any of this stuff anyway, but something needs to change. This idea of a random draw and then alloting tickets by seniority is just crazy. I've been a member for a very long time and got completely shut out, whereas it seems as though people who joined a couple, or a few years ago received tickets. That's ridiculous. Whenever I get tickets through the 10c, they're in the first 5 rows, but half of the time, I get totally shut out and end up paying a premium through a broker. I'm willing to do that because I love the band, whereas I doubt some jerkoff who joined the 10c a few weeks or whatever before the most recent deadline would even consider it. (Excuse the name-calling -- I'm sure you're all very nice people) The cynical part of me says PJ knows this and dictates the results of the "random draws" to ensure that the venue brings in enough money through ticket sales. I hope I'm wrong. It just seems wildly unfair for someone who just joined the 10c to have the same opportunity to get tickets as someone who's been a member for a much longer period of time. If they have the capability to allot seats based on seniority, then they have the same capability to select who gets tickets in that manner. I'll be at the Brooklyn and Philly shows but this is one disgruntled 10c member. Clean it up.

Enjoy your Tuesdays.
    To me it would seem wildly unfair that only people who have been 10C members for years and years and have seen PJ a bunch of times would be the only ones to get 10C tix. If 10C gave tix to those with seniority, they would lose every single member who joined in the past 5 years at least. Obviously, that would be a very very bad idea. 10C knows exactly what's going on, and they have decided that they want diversity in who gets the tix. They DO NOT want just the folks who have been members for years to get tix. It seems to be about making sure that as many people get to go to ONE show as possible. When people are getting tix in places where the demand isn't very high, that means they can get more than one show. Which makes sense.
    Anyway, it would be pretty much the worst business decision possible to have a system where seniority determines if people get tickets.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PeterB wrote:
    How about a weighted lottery? If you've been in the 10C for 20 years, you get 20 entires into each show, 10 years gets 10 entires, 1 year gets 1 entry.

Because now the reward for loyalty is still better seats but only if you win a random drawing. And it's easier to try for tickets than before. You have several days to submit your entries. Whereas before you at least had to make a point of being in front of a computer at a specific time, which I'm sure is more effort than some casual fans are willing to give.

Maybe by PJ30 we'll have it perfected!
    Well that would be really SHITTY for me, wouldn't it? I don't see how that's fair. I'm paying a fee each year, the same as you. I pay $50 a year to have an equal shot within that year to acquire 10C tix, and we're equal in our chances to get tix. You still get better seats, so I'm not sure why you think you deserve more than that. There aren't any casual fans in 10C.

.... I have trouble believing that so many older members think these kinds of ideas are fair, but here it is in front of me. It's pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    ShimunoodShimunood Posts: 5
    Since this is the place for griping.....
    shut out of the Brooklyn shows!!
    Old system; Tix go on sale for 10C members, get tix, assigned seats based on seniority or the Great Seat bingo, which I won twice, thanks! Good times.
    new system; random lotto, no tix.
    Very upsetting and disheartening. What's the point of the membership? Stickers and a t shirt?
    i'll stay around in case it's useful for something in the future.
    thanks for listening to stuff you all already know or feel.

Maybe PJ will scoop up more seats for club members and issue another lottery. Just dreaming here.
    not looking forward to TM on the 27th, it's gonna be a bloodbath in there!
  • Options
    This lottery system needs to end immediately. Too many flaws. I think its time for an official petition in this forum. We have to put an end to this. My wife and I have been members since 1996 and have never had difficulty getting tix thru the 10C. Not this time. My wife was totally shut out and I managed to get lucky enough to win 1 pair of tix to the 4 shows I tried for. This system is set up to thwart fans who want to go to multiple shows - aka their hard core fan base. Not a good idea. I agree this is the result of unintended consequences but it won't change unless we are untied and loud.
    But some 10C member got them.... it's not like they disappeared into thin air. For every person who is mad they didn't get the tix they wanted, there is another person who is happy that they did.
    It's harder to get tix now that it used to be because 1) more members can afford to go for them, 2) PJ does WAY less shows than they used to, which puts demand for the tix through the roof. Every time I see someone bitching about not getting tix I think about how they are saying that whoever did get them don't deserve them.
  • Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    They need to do something crazy like take on Ticketmaster since they obviously have the capacity to sell all their own tickets without a third party.

How about doing it the way Radiohead do? Every single ticket to the show I saw a couple years ago was sold through the band. The creditcard holder was required to be there at entry, no exceptions. I don't think there was any way a scalper could have made money on that show. Even if PJ had enough Seattle members to sell 3/4 of the stadium from Ten Club members alone, why not? And why not keep adding shows til demand drops off?

One thing for sure, I will be cancelling my membership. It's not like you need to be a member of a fan club to enjoy most any other great bands out there. Sorry PJ, love the band, but no longer the club.
  • Options
    haglundklhaglundkl Posts: 4
    Please add another Seattle show!!
  • Options
    zbarnettzbarnett Posts: 6
    Good early afternoon to all!

This is my first post to the forum, and I feel I should begin by expressing some sort of apology for being new to the 10C and being drawn for a show. I really thought I had very little chance, but that I might eventually have a better shot at decent seats than I have so far with going through the regular channels (I've always just shown up to the venues for the lottery or went directly through Ticketmaster). I was completely shocked that I was drawn as I doubted it would even be worth it to enter and, after reading that so many people were shut out after years of membership, I feel kind of guilty for even having entered. As the closest show to me is 9 hours away, I thought that entering was the thing to do - I am sorry for all of those who were not as lucky and fully expect and understand some negativity/animosity in response to this post.

That being said, I did have a question for those with more experience with this process. I will be travelling from SE Kentucky to Buffalo for the show on Oct. 12 (the only one I tried for because it's on a Saturday). As I said, it's about a 9-hour drive if we go straight through. We figure on departing around 4:00PM the afternoon prior to the show (I'm a high school teacher, so I can't leave earlier) and arriving in Buffalo by around midnight/1AM the day of the show. My question: how do venues typically handle the general admission process? Should we plan on forgoing accomidations for the night and plan on driving straight to the venue to get in line, or do venues typically have a set time that they allow people to start gathering outside?

My only recent experience with GA has been the most recent Springsteen tours - with those, the arenas typically discouraged lining up prior to 7AM and came around and gave you a number a few hours later. You then were free to go and had to report back to the entrance every two hours with your number to keep your place in line. I wasn't sure if PJ did things in a similar fashion or if that was entirely up to the venue. I figured that the days of camping out in line may be over, but figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with the GA process or with the First Niagara Center in general. I emailed the venue yesterday with the same question, but was told they had no info as of yet. At any rate, any opinions/advice/observations would be much appreciated!

Very excited! This will be my wife's first PJ show after years of trying and happens to fall within a few days of our second anniversary!
  • Options
    hootshoots Posts: 1
    After reading this thread I am feeling fortunate. I went to bed last night thinking I got one of four shows requested. Other people were posting that they had won shows that still only showed entered for me. I checked first thing this morning and all four shows said won. So I will be in Charlottesville, OKC, San Diego, and LA1.

Next time, please add a Denver show.
  • Options
    zbarnett wrote:
    Good early afternoon to all!

This is my first post to the forum, and I feel I should begin by expressing some sort of apology for being new to the 10C and being drawn for a show. I really thought I had very little chance, but that I might eventually have a better shot at decent seats than I have so far with going through the regular channels (I've always just shown up to the venues for the lottery or went directly through Ticketmaster). I was completely shocked that I was drawn as I doubted it would even be worth it to enter and, after reading that so many people were shut out after years of membership, I feel kind of guilty for even having entered. As the closest show to me is 9 hours away, I thought that entering was the thing to do - I am sorry for all of those who were not as lucky and fully expect and understand some negativity/animosity in response to this post.
    Don't let the people with an inflated sense of entitlement do that to you. You have just as much right to those tix as any of them. You are paying your annual fee just like the rest of us. Welcome to equality. Some people can't handle it, but that doesn't mean you should feel bad about it. Of course, we should all feel empathy for those who are sad they didn't get tix, but don't feel guilty about lucking out on tix that you have every equal right to getting. ;)