Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Question about the lottery, never entered it before:

So Iooks like I'm putting down 1. Baltimore GA, 2. Hartford Res, 3. Pitt Res--I want to go to the Brooklyn shows, too, but what are my chances putting them down so far in the list? And: will more shows impact the priority of the number of shows you put down (for example: Would someone who puts down just 1 show have a better chance at getting that show than say if I put Brooklyn down as 4. and 5.? Does this make sense?)

Thanks in advance for the help! So excited to meet so many new people on tour!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,151
    samjam wrote:

So Iooks like I'm putting down 1. Baltimore GA, 2. Hartford Res, 3. Pitt Res--I want to go to the Brooklyn shows, too, but what are my chances putting them down so far in the list? And: will more shows impact the priority of the number of shows you put down (for example: Would someone who puts down just 1 show have a better chance at getting that show than say if I put Brooklyn down as 4. and 5.? Does this make sense?)

The quantity of shows you put in for doesn't have an impact other than your odds getting lower with your 4th choice, 5th choice, etc. If someone only puts in for one choice, they're still up against everyone else who made that particular show their first choice. If you put Brooklyn as, say, your 5th choice keep in mind anyone who has made that pair of tickets their 1st through 4th choice will automatically have priority.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

The quantity of shows you put in for doesn't have an impact other than your odds getting lower with your 4th choice, 5th choice, etc. If someone only puts in for one choice, they're still up against everyone else who made that particular show their first choice. If you put Brooklyn as, say, your 5th choice keep in mind anyone who has made that pair of tickets their 1st through 4th choice will automatically have priority.
    That's way clear, thank you!!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:

Cool. Honestly, I just put them in actual order of preference and hope for the best. And don't forget it's possible you could get drawn for every show you put in for.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Cool. Honestly, I just put them in actual order of preference and hope for the best. And don't forget it's possible you could get drawn for every show you put in for.
    Doubt that'll happen, but always a chance! Planning 5 shows--3 with 2 other friends going, the remaining 2 solo--is difficult!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Doubt that'll happen, but always a chance! Planning 5 shows--3 with 2 other friends going, the remaining 2 solo--is difficult!

You're not kidding. I used to catch as many shows between Boston and Philly as I could. Now with the lottery and one-night-only-per-two-night-run, it's way too much up in the air. Just sticking with Worcester and Hartford and hoping I even don't get shut out of those!
  • Options
    ticket prices vary.
    around 160 per pair

Thanks!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    ashcat88ashcat88 Posts: 3
    Can not wait for the two BK shows!!!!!! Hopefully ill get GA for one night and ill attempt to ticketmaster the next and bring some friends!! I was having pj withdrawals!!!!
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    I need help. I used my friends debit card for shows but there's no $1 fee. Is that because its a debit card ?
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    PJArtist wrote:
    I need help. I used my friends debit card for shows but there's no $1 fee. Is that because its a debit card ?

Did you get a confirmation email? If so, don't sweat it.
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    I did. Maybe it's because I used one card for one leg and another for another leg? I got $1 charge for first leg
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 178
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I should have signed my gf up for the 10C this pas week! :x :evil:

Anyone think a second Hartford date may be added? If not, I have a feeling that this will be a very long show considering it is the only one in a four day span.

definitely think hartford could add a second show, as well as Seattle on the 7th but my guess is any show added will not have 10c seating and only available on ticketmaster
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    Any ideas about how they pull the seats for those selected for the reserved seats? Do they give highest priority to the floor seats behind the GA section or to those sections on the sides closest to the stage? Personally, I think the side seats are far better than standing on the floor behind GA, especially since none of the floors are sloped and those in the back really have a bad view.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    bprue37718 wrote:
    A REAL big thank you to all the members of Pearl Jam for choosing to come to Texas on the tour.
    Austin in 2009 has been too long ago.

There is much love for PJ in the lone star state.

I can't wait.

+1
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    Has anyone ever heard of Queen Bee Tickets? Is this a scam? They're selling tickets at less than face value.
    http://www.queenbeetickets.com/2124887/Pearl-Jam :?
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    BC18033BC18033 Posts: 19
    Waiting patiently in Detroit for our first Pearl Jam show since 2006. Hopefully there is a spring tour too with a Detroit date. How about Joe Louis Arena? They have never played there.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    pj23yanks wrote:
    A couple surprises with the tour dates; first off no Boston show. I know Worcester is in Massachusetts and there is a Hartford show but Boston has always been an epic place to play. On the plus size saves at least an hour of driving/dealing with Boston traffic. Eastern Canada and the Midwest both get screwed due to London and Wrigley respectively. Besides Charlotte and Charlottesville, VA the south gets screwed over again other than a festival but then again the South always gets screwed. BTW, WTF is Charlottesville, VA!?!?! The closest major city is Richmond which is over an hour away! Why are the playing Charlottesville??? No MSG is no surprise because its being renovated Brooklyn is better than Jersey. Best news of the first leg is for the first time in 17 years the band will play Baltimore instead of DC.
    Las Vegas is surprisingly left off the west coast tour. Good to see the band play cities for the first time in over ten years in Oklahoma City, Dallas and Phoenix. Nice to see Spokane get a show and I hope Calgary won't be flooded by the time the band shows up.

Really? Most artists who have played in Charlottesville agree it's as good as any place in the country to play. It's an absolutely gorgeous college town that is not too far from Richmond and DC but without all the "big city" nonsense and chaos. Acts much bigger than PJ (from a strict "sales" perspective) come through regularly, so even though I personally never thought it would happen it does make a lot of sense. Having said that though I have to think that maybe there were conflicts with the Verizon Center in DC with the WIzards or Capitals that forced them to look at alternatives.

Regardless, this has potential to be an incredible evening. It's not often that at this point in their career they actually play a town for the very first time.

No, Charlottesville is going to be awful. Nobody should pick this town. No scenery, no culture, the people are basically stupid. It would be a wasted choice for all involved. :lol:
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    pj23yanks wrote:
    A couple surprises with the tour dates; first off no Boston show. I know Worcester is in Massachusetts and there is a Hartford show but Boston has always been an epic place to play. On the plus size saves at least an hour of driving/dealing with Boston traffic. Eastern Canada and the Midwest both get screwed due to London and Wrigley respectively. Besides Charlotte and Charlottesville, VA the south gets screwed over again other than a festival but then again the South always gets screwed. BTW, WTF is Charlottesville, VA!?!?! The closest major city is Richmond which is over an hour away! Why are the playing Charlottesville??? No MSG is no surprise because its being renovated Brooklyn is better than Jersey. Best news of the first leg is for the first time in 17 years the band will play Baltimore instead of DC.
    Las Vegas is surprisingly left off the west coast tour. Good to see the band play cities for the first time in over ten years in Oklahoma City, Dallas and Phoenix. Nice to see Spokane get a show and I hope Calgary won't be flooded by the time the band shows up.

Dallas, Oklahoma and Phoenix are a part of the South! :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    BC18033 wrote:
    Waiting patiently in Detroit for our first Pearl Jam show since 2006. Hopefully there is a spring tour too with a Detroit date. How about Joe Louis Arena? They have never played there.

We're in the same boat! I am patiently waiting for a Detroit show, a real, DETROIT Rock City show, nothing out in Auburn Hills or worse, Clarkson. I can't make any of the announced shows, but I know they'll be closer by, or in Cleveland soon enough. :geek:
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    PJArtist wrote:
    I did. Maybe it's because I used one card for one leg and another for another leg? I got $1 charge for first leg

As long as you got email confirmations for any and all shows you put in for, you're good.
  • Options
    Any ideas about how they pull the seats for those selected for the reserved seats? Do they give highest priority to the floor seats behind the GA section or to those sections on the sides closest to the stage? Personally, I think the side seats are far better than standing on the floor behind GA, especially since none of the floors are sloped and those in the back really have a bad view.

As of the last couple tours, they've acknowledged that some of the side seats are better and factored that into the priority of the seats. Not sure at what point they determine the break in floor seats, but my guess would be they would evaluate it similarly even with the GA pit.
  • Options
    joenlydiajoenlydia Posts: 2
    haven't been able to afford ten club membership as we have four kids last time I paid for them to be overseas the whole time now I find they come to our area for our 10th anniversary.... hoping 10c is like eddie in wanting fairnress for his fans!!! paid for full analog membership in hopes of surprising my wonderful husband/father of our kids... please pray for this!!! thanks a ton!!!
  • Options
    joenlydiajoenlydia Posts: 2
    haven't been able to afford ten club membership as we have four kids last time I paid for them to be overseas the whole time now I find they come to our area for our 10th anniversary.... hoping 10c is like eddie in wanting fairnress for his fans!!! paid for full analog membership in hopes of surprising my wonderful husband/father of our kids... please pray for this!!! thanks a ton!!!
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    If you guys think these ticket prices are high, think again. What Pearl Jam is to me, Bon Jovi is to my sister. She just coughed up over $300 for 2 tickets to one show at SPAC. I think that's outrageous. Pearl Jam's ticket prices are well within affordability. It's the driving there, the hotels, the food, the merchandise and other stuff that raises the price of the whole deal.

We only live once. Have fun, spend a little, but don't go broke doing it!
  • Options
    man no Denver show. Closest show is Ok City, 10 hours way by car.
  • Options
    ktennantktennant Posts: 34
    So stoked for this tour....anyone else in Sunny Alberta super stoked?....going for GA...just like in 94...lol

:D
  • Options
    varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Im coming from Saskie for the Calg show!!!
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    pj23yanks wrote:

I am confused by the Worcester/no Boston Garden show, wonder if it was a conflict cause of Bruins and Celtics seasons starting then... Also wondering why only 1 Boston... Normally they sell out the Garden 2x and now only 1 Worcester? I notice they have 2 days off before and after Worcester right now, so I am thinking they will add a 2nd show.. Thats a small place for them, going to be a great atmosphere even tho its a shitty arena.

Charlottesville is going to be a great show ... and their 2010 Hartford show was Unreal energy so im loving this tour itenerary

Really? Most artists who have played in Charlottesville agree it's as good as any place in the country to play. It's an absolutely gorgeous college town that is not too far from Richmond and DC but without all the "big city" nonsense and chaos. Acts much bigger than PJ (from a strict "sales" perspective) come through regularly, so even though I personally never thought it would happen it does make a lot of sense. Having said that though I have to think that maybe there were conflicts with the Verizon Center in DC with the WIzards or Capitals that forced them to look at alternatives.

Regardless, this has potential to be an incredible evening. It's not often that at this point in their career they actually play a town for the very first time.
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I should have signed my gf up for the 10C this pas week! :x :evil:

Anyone think a second Hartford date may be added? If not, I have a feeling that this will be a very long show considering it is the only one in a four day span.

I dont think a 2nd Hartford show will be added, but I do think maybe a 2nd Worcester... For a smaller tour I am just happy they are doin hartford 1x... 30 min drive for me! and thats a nice small venue for them, as is worcester
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    First post on the boards for good luck to get baltimore tickets in the drawing!! pittsburgh would be fine too... both would be sublime :D
    I am myself, like you somehow