Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    BailsBails Posts: 5
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows if PJ will be doing a Canadian tour in the winter of 2014? This fall tour only has 2 west coast Canadian gigs and nothing for Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa or Montreal. Any word on if any of those places will be future stops in 2014?
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    Bails wrote:
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows if PJ will be doing a Canadian tour in the winter of 2014? This fall tour only has 2 west coast Canadian gigs and nothing for Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa or Montreal. Any word on if any of those places will be future stops in 2014?

Next year will be Europe and Australia.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    BailsBails Posts: 5
    I can't see them snubbing the faithful Canadians. I am sure that a small 1 will be added...I hope :)
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    A few thoughts after reading the many posts that followed my venting session yesterday.

I don't get the people who are making the following argument: Just because you've been a 10c member longer than I have doesn't make you more of a fan or a more loyal fan than me.

Yeah, it kind of does. The longer you've been a member, the more money you've put where your mouth is. Cash is about as strong a currency of loyalty as there can be. It doesn't make the newbie a bad guy, but to argue that how long you've been a member means nothing is just silly.

I don't think anyone is pissed at the new 10c members (I know i'm not) -- I think people are annoyed with the 10c.

I don't see it as veteran members acting entitled or being babies. It's just that the 10c has operated in a certain manner for a long time. From the days of the money purchase orders to the recent years of constantly hitting refresh to get tixx, seniority has always mattered. Even with the latter method, it seems like it was the veterans who were willing to sit at their computers for 2+ hours, hitting refresh constantly, in an attempt to score tickets, and not the new guys. Again, it's anecdotal, but that's definitely been my experience.

With almost every club I can think of, as you become more senior, your benefits increase. You've put in the most money and, as a result, you receive the most benefits. I think it's unreasonable to offer the guy who's been in the club for a month the same opportunity at tickets as the guy who's been in the club for nearly 20 years. If you disagree, that's fine, but I've yet to hear a good argument as to why. Like I said in my previous post, I get it from PJ's perspective: I'm going to go out and pay a premium to make sure I'm at the shows I want to attend; I don't think the same can be said for the new guys, if they're shut out. But acting as though the veterans who were shut out and are a bit pissed off, are somehow being childish, is just ridiculous.

Lastly, PJ_Soul -- dial it down like 10 notches. There's absolutely no need to take on the role of 10c forum avenger. You don't need to reply to every post. We get it . . . we all get it.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,625
    edited July 2013
    NK10452 wrote:
    A few thoughts after reading the many posts that followed my venting session yesterday.

I don't get the people who are making the following argument: Just because you've been a 10c member longer than I have doesn't make you more of a fan or a more loyal fan than me.

Yeah, it kind of does. The longer you've been a member, the more money you've put where your mouth is. Cash is about as strong a currency of loyalty as there can be. It doesn't make the newbie a bad guy, but to argue that how long you've been a member means nothing is just silly.

I don't think anyone is pissed at the new 10c members (I know i'm not) -- I think people are annoyed with the 10c.

I don't see it as veteran members acting entitled or being babies. It's just that the 10c has operated in a certain manner for a long time. From the days of the money purchase orders to the recent years of constantly hitting refresh to get tixx, seniority has always mattered. Even with the latter method, it seems like it was the veterans who were willing to sit at their computers for 2+ hours, hitting refresh constantly, in an attempt to score tickets, and not the new guys. Again, it's anecdotal, but that's definitely been my experience.

With almost every club I can think of, as you become more senior, your benefits increase. You've put in the most money and, as a result, you receive the most benefits. I think it's unreasonable to offer the guy who's been in the club for a month the same opportunity at tickets as the guy who's been in the club for nearly 20 years. If you disagree, that's fine, but I've yet to hear a good argument as to why. Like I said in my previous post, I get it from PJ's perspective: I'm going to go out and pay a premium to make sure I'm at the shows I want to attend; I don't think the same can be said for the new guys, if they're shut out. But acting as though the veterans who were shut out and are a bit pissed off, are somehow being childish, is just ridiculous.

Lastly, PJ_Soul -- dial it down like 10 notches. There's absolutely no need to take on the role of 10c forum avenger. You don't need to reply to every post. We get it . . . we all get it.
    Wow. Nothing gets me revved up more than someone telling me to calm down. :lol:;) ... You know why I am so into this conversation? Because as a new member, I find it really frustrating and kind of insulting that you think you should have it better than me, since I'm just as big a fan as you are and am paying $50 a year to be a member. It's not cool to have people saying that I and those like me don't deserve equal opportunities for anything. It's not so much just about PJ, it's the general attitude that's irritating.
    The amount of money you've spent on a band does not define how much of a fan you are..... But I'm sure a lot of bands like your attitude! :D
    Just doesn't make sense because if they are benefiting the seniors, they are necessarily punishing those with less seniority, and that DRIVES NEWER FANS AWAY and doesn't help to attract any. It is not in the band's best interests to make it so that old fans in their 40s get all the best tickets while newer members are left out. They'd drive away business. That would be stupid. Also, I'm not sure if this just hasn't occurred to you or if you're ignoring the fact on purpose, but not all huge PJ fans joined 10C in the early 90s. There are plenty of people who have joined over the years who have still been massive fans from the beginning. Plus, what about the people born later. We have some very dedicated young fans here who weren't even born when you joined 10C, and I don't think it's fair to punish them for their birth date, especially since you've seen PJ tons of times and they have never had a chance. Time to give others a shot man. At this point it just seems greedy. Finally, I think it's plain silly to expect anyone to give credit to people who simply went through whatever process was available at any given time to get tickets. No one cares.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    My membership isn't all that old (mid 2000s), even though I have been a fan since the 90s. I primarily joined to get access to tickets. The club has always made kind of a special deal about seniority and you member number. This is good business as it encourages you to resubscribe, even in years where there are no shows in your area. This has simply always been a part of the way this club has operated.

I think this is a fake argument that this is about new vs older members. The bottom line is the club isn't securing enough club tickets. Last time I bought tickets through this club was in 2010 for the Seattle shows. I don't remember any lottery. My number isn't very senior, and the tickets I received were good but certainly nothing to get too excited about. I attributed this to my more recent club membership number. If the club isn't going to provide access to very many tickets anymore, then why exactly are we doing this? If they are going to go with a new system, make everyone aware that the seniority number system doesn't help anymore and move on. This whole thing was handled very poorly.
  • Options
    on_board wrote:
    My membership isn't all that old (mid 2000s), even though I have been a fan since the 90s. I primarily joined to get access to tickets. The club has always made kind of a special deal about seniority and you member number. This is good business as it encourages you to resubscribe, even in years where there are no shows in your area. This has simply always been a part of the way this club has operated.

I think this is a fake argument that this is about new vs older members. The bottom line is the club isn't securing enough club tickets. Last time I bought tickets through this club was in 2010 for the Seattle shows. I don't remember any lottery. My number isn't very senior, and the tickets I received were good but certainly nothing to get too excited about. I attributed this to my more recent club membership number. If the club isn't going to provide access to very many tickets anymore, then why exactly are we doing this? If they are going to go with a new system, make everyone aware that the seniority number system doesn't help anymore and move on. This whole thing was handled very poorly.
    That's totally true. I wish they would offer more 10C tix.... but consider what band we're talking about, I have to assume that that is out of their control. If anyone knows different, I'd love to hear another explanation.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    No matter what way the ticket processing is done, people will bitch and complain. Everyone complained before with the seniority system, and now everyone is complaining about the lottery. I guess just do your damnedest to get tickets and if you get them, hey how about that!! And if you don't, well the bootleg will be out shortly. It's always fun at ticket time here in PJ land!!
  • Options
    Wow. Nothing gets me revved up more than someone telling me to calm down. :lol:;) ... You know why I am so into this conversation? Because as a new member, I find it really frustrating and kind of insulting that you think you should have it better than me, since I'm just as big a fan as you are and am paying $50 a year to be a member. It's not cool to have people saying that I and those like me don't deserve equal opportunities for anything. It's not so much just about PJ, it's the general attitude that's irritating.
    The amount of money you've spent on a band does not define how much of a fan you are..... But I'm sure a lot of bands like your attitude! :D
    Just doesn't make sense because if they are benefiting the seniors, they are necessarily punishing those with less seniority, and that DRIVES NEWER FANS AWAY and doesn't help to attract any. It is not in the band's best interests to make it so that old fans in their 40s get all the best tickets while newer members are left out. They'd drive away business. That would be stupid. Also, I'm not sure if this just hasn't occurred to you or if you're ignoring the fact on purpose, but not all huge PJ fans joined 10C in the early 90s. There are plenty of people who have joined over the years who have still been massive fans from the beginning. Plus, what about the people born later. We have some very dedicated young fans here who weren't even born when you joined 10C, and I don't think it's fair to punish them for their birth date, especially since you've seen PJ tons of times and they have never had a chance. Time to give others a shot man. At this point it just seems greedy. Finally, I think it's plain silly to expect anyone to give credit to people who simply went through whatever process was available at any given time to get tickets. No one cares.[/quote]

1. I'm not in my forties -- i'm 34 -- still in my prime
    2. Again, my complaints and the complaints of others arent directed towards you -- not at all -- why WOULDN'T you attempt to get tixx to the shows? That said, I've been putting my money where my mouth is, as far as fandom, since '98 or whatever. That's a decent chunk of change over 15+ years. I think that should entitle me to priority over you when it comes time for tickets, because, let's face it -- that's why we all pay the 10c dues. If you disagree, obviously, that's fine.
    3. If your argument is that rewarding seniority would drive away newer members, thus hurting business, then rewarding newer members at the expense of the veterans is, exactly what I've claimed, good for PJ/venue business, but, necessarily, shitty for the veterans. We're not going to forego our memberships; we're likely goign to pay premiums for tixx to get to the shows. And that's ok. But we're the ones who have floated this enterprise for a long time. I hope you all do the same when you start getting shut out of tixx 10+ years from now (assuming PJ is still alive and kicking). You can't have it both ways, intellectually. And I think that's all any of us are saying.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    NK10452 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just doesn't make sense because if they are benefiting the seniors, they are necessarily punishing those with less seniority, and that DRIVES NEWER FANS AWAY and doesn't help to attract any. It is not in the band's best interests to make it so that old fans in their 40s get all the best tickets while newer members are left out. They'd drive away business. That would be stupid. Also, I'm not sure if this just hasn't occurred to you or if you're ignoring the fact on purpose, but not all huge PJ fans joined 10C in the early 90s. There are plenty of people who have joined over the years who have still been massive fans from the beginning. Plus, what about the people born later. We have some very dedicated young fans here who weren't even born when you joined 10C, and I don't think it's fair to punish them for their birth date, especially since you've seen PJ tons of times and they have never had a chance. Time to give others a shot man. At this point it just seems greedy. Finally, I think it's plain silly to expect anyone to give credit to people who simply went through whatever process was available at any given time to get tickets. No one cares.

1. I'm not in my forties -- i'm 34 -- still in my prime
    2. Again, my complaints and the complaints of others arent directed towards you -- not at all -- why WOULDN'T you attempt to get tixx to the shows? That said, I've been putting my money where my mouth is, as far as fandom, since '98 or whatever. That's a decent chunk of change over 15+ years. I think that should entitle me to priority over you when it comes time for tickets, because, let's face it -- that's why we all pay the 10c dues. If you disagree, obviously, that's fine.
    3. If your argument is that rewarding seniority would drive away newer members, thus hurting business, then rewarding newer members at the expense of the veterans is, exactly what I've claimed, good for PJ/venue business, but, necessarily, shitty for the veterans. We're not going to forego our memberships; we're likely goign to pay premiums for tixx to get to the shows. And that's ok. But we're the ones who have floated this enterprise for a long time. I hope you all do the same when you start getting shut out of tixx 10+ years from now (assuming PJ is still alive and kicking). You can't have it both ways, intellectually. And I think that's all any of us are saying.
    Okay (the 40 y.o. thing was just a vague statement - I realize that some aren't that old... I've been a fan since the beginning and am 37).... It's just that newer members aren't saying that seniors should actually be put at a DISadvantage. Just that they are equal with everyone else as far as their chances of getting tix go. That's not the case with what some seniors are saying. They want the newer members to be at a disadvantage to them, on TOP of getting the best reserved seats (which is, of course, the ONLY advantage that senior members have ever had). That's what I have trouble with. Also, why would I suddenly start to be shut out of tickets more in 10+ years than I am now? It's not like my chances will go down more than new members... It's all just to do with supply and demand. PJ is hot right now and they do small tours. That's why more seniors got less tix than they're used to getting in the past. That's always been what dictates how easy it's been for them to get tix. Just hard to understand why they think things should change now......... I know I'm beating a very dead horse. I just can't help it. Of course we are entitled to our own opinions, but the particular opinion being expressed seems to defies logic in a way, which is why I guess I'm having trouble with it.
  • Options
    Bro, I think that the longer you've been a member, the better your chances at getting a ticket should be. End of story. That doesn't defy logic. You may disagree with that opinion, but it's definitely not an illogical position to take.

Anyways, that's enough on the topic from me -- enough venting. I'll see you knuckleheads in brooklyn and philly. late.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    I guess we can be glad that Pearl Jam hasn't gone the "VIP EXPERIENCE" route. For those who haven't heard, some of the bigger acts are reserving the best seats and offering other "perks" for people willing to pay a premium for them. This is their way of getting some extra money that ticket scalpers would get.

Here is an interesting NY Times article about it from 2010...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/arts/ ... .html?_r=0
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    cifrancgx wrote:
    I guess we can be glad that Pearl Jam hasn't gone the "VIP EXPERIENCE" route. For those who haven't heard, some of the bigger acts are reserving the best seats and offering other "perks" for people willing to pay a premium for them. This is their way of getting some extra money that ticket scalpers would get.

Here is an interesting NY Times article about it from 2010...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/arts/ ... .html?_r=0
    After hearing the reports about the VIP experience from Deluna Fest last year I would be wary about these kinds of packages... Considering that the VIPs who paid a shitload of money got a partially obstructed view of the stage when they were told that they'd have amazing VIP seats, I'm suspicious of those kinds of deals!
  • Options
    I am sorry if someone has already asked this question - I have tried to read the posts to make sure but I just can't read them all :)

My questions is - have Ten Club members ever been denied 10c tickets in previous tours? I have been a member since 1999 so maybe I have always been privileged and just wasn’t aware in past tours that people were being denied tickets...? This is the first time I have ever requested tickets and not been able to get them. I know that they have always given the disclaimer that they try to accommodate everyone's requests but that it's not always possible. My suspicion is that ticketmaster has started to limit the amount of tickets the 10c has access to and that's why they had to go the lottery route. If that's the case, they should have come out and said it up front. It’s all about setting and managing expectations. I'm thankful they were always able to make us a top priority in past years and I'm sad that they're losing their ability to do so. For now, I'm blaming it on ticketmaster...

Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Denver, Council Bluffs, Fargo, St. Paul, Chicago, Seattle, Gorge, Denver, Denver, Portland, Gorge, Gorge, Seattle, Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
  • Options
    on_boardon_board Posts: 20
    My suspicion is that ticketmaster has started to limit the amount of tickets the 10c has access to and that's why they had to go the lottery route. If that's the case, they should have come out and said it up front. It’s all about setting and managing expectations. I'm thankful they were always able to make us a top priority in past years and I'm sad that they're losing their ability to do so. For now, I'm blaming it on ticketmaster...

+1 This

I suspect this is what is going on. In 2010 I received unspectacular tickets through the Ten Club for a Seattle show and was happy to get them. Key Arena holds about 17k. If all of that was available for Ten Club members with a limit of two tix per member presale, I can't believe there wouldn't still be seats left over. Ticketmaster or LiveNation or whoever is running the cartel these days is controlling this, not the club. I just wish the club would be forthcoming regarding these changes.
  • Options
    sinnfeinersinnfeiner Posts: 14
    I love the GA addition, so glad I got GA tickets for Buffalo, thnx a ton 10c. now the anticipation of October :) lol
    10/27/91 Rochester NY, 11/7/91 Syracuse NY, 8/4/92 Saratoga NY, 4/7/94 Rochester NY, 10/1/96 Buffalo NY, 8/27/2000 Saratoga NY, 4/29/03 Albany NY, 10/12/13 Buffalo NY
  • Options
    BRIANSDBRIANSD Posts: 25
    I think I have read in the past that fan clubs tickets are limited to 10% of the venues max. That would explain going to this new system. New club members and of course all the old ones.
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    ARE WE GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET WRIGLEY MERCHANDISE OFF THE WEBSITE? I WAS JUST WONDERING FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T ACTUALLY MAKE THE SHOW! WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO GET A SHIRT!
  • Options
    dopazenedopazene Posts: 1
    Got tix for Sunday night, GA standing...always up in the nose bleed seats so super excited about this venue! ...can't wait for the new album as well...
  • Options
    Do you really think that they will have GA on the floor in Buffalo?? They have don't that forever....
  • Options
    wyldwyllywyldwylly Posts: 1
    Please come back to Colorado.
    You no longer have to deal with Barry Fey as he is now dust in the wind.
    Pick a small venue like the Ogden, we would love the opportunity to have you.
    We miss you!!!

Hopefully we can find a ticket close to home...
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    play las vegas for 2 nights, no show since 2006. then go play red rocks in Colorado for 2 shows
  • Options
    Bails wrote:
    relax im from Canada they just played those places in 2011, not sure why Vancouver and Calgary get shows this year though. it sucks there is no las vegas, or Colorado shows
  • Options
    lmfao at people wanting a Toronto show, they just played London last night, and they play buffalo in October, that is 2 shows very close to toronto
  • Options
    Bails wrote:
    I can't see them snubbing the faithful Canadians. I am sure that a small 1 will be added...I hope :)
    are you in gta? don't be so lazy drive to London or buffalo its not far. other places that are far to drive have not had shows in long time, example denver
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    I am sorry if someone has already asked this question - I have tried to read the posts to make sure but I just can't read them all :)

My questions is - have Ten Club members ever been denied 10c tickets in previous tours? I have been a member since 1999 so maybe I have always been privileged and just wasn’t aware in past tours that people were being denied tickets...? This is the first time I have ever requested tickets and not been able to get them. I know that they have always given the disclaimer that they try to accommodate everyone's requests but that it's not always possible. My suspicion is that ticketmaster has started to limit the amount of tickets the 10c has access to and that's why they had to go the lottery route. If that's the case, they should have come out and said it up front. It’s all about setting and managing expectations. I'm thankful they were always able to make us a top priority in past years and I'm sad that they're losing their ability to do so. For now, I'm blaming it on ticketmaster...

Been a member since 1996. I personally have always been able to get 10 club tix to every show I have wanted. Same with my wife and my friends who are long time members. I have been to 24 shows and counting (not that many but enough to make this case) which have included high demand shows in Boston, New York, San Fran, Vegas, and Amsterdam. Always got tix. This is the first time we have had any issue. Between my wife and I, we went 1 for 12 in the lottery. Something significant has changed. I don't buy the argument that they aren't getting as many tix. I just think this new lottery system stinks and needs to die ASAP. There have been a few shows in the past, mostly in NY, where there were reported issues of members not getting tix. These were few and far between. And as I recall, it was mostly due to a new ticket distribtion system. Every time they make a change it gets worse. This new lottery system is pathetic. Way too many stories of people getting completely shutout. The 10 club must address this.
  • Options
    Any Information regarding an Europe Tour?
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32

Been a member since 1996. I personally have always been able to get 10 club tix to every show I have wanted. Same with my wife and my friends who are long time members. I have been to 24 shows and counting (not that many but enough to make this case) which have included high demand shows in Boston, New York, San Fran, Vegas, and Amsterdam. Always got tix. This is the first time we have had any issue. Between my wife and I, we went 1 for 12 in the lottery. Something significant has changed. I don't buy the argument that they aren't getting as many tix. I just think this new lottery system stinks and needs to die ASAP. There have been a few shows in the past, mostly in NY, where there were reported issues of members not getting tix. These were few and far between. And as I recall, it was mostly due to a new ticket distribtion system. Every time they make a change it gets worse. This new lottery system is pathetic. Way too many stories of people getting completely shutout. The 10 club must address this.

In all my years as a 10C member, I have always been privvy to tickets and have always bought them. To see some members get multiple shows and some get none seems to be a slap in the face to fairness which I always thot PJ was all about. I've watched the membership dues go up during some of the poorest years of my life but kept it primarily for those tickets. Oh, and for the xmas single. Well, there is no more physical xmas single, so now it's just for the tickets. To see the price increase of membership as well as tickets has me questioning whether I should renew next year. I've waited and kept my membership since 2009 only to now be shut out and there is no way I am going to pay 150 bucks for two non member tix. No way. And I'm a huge fan ... HUGE ... I know we all are, but I'm the kind of fan that all my family, friends, coworkers all know of my fandome craziness and love for the jam. However, I don't think I can sustain my love financially any longer. Over the years I've gone from lower middle class to single mother on food stamps and I don't live beyond my means whatsoever. My Pearl Jam love was my only luxury. I don't have cable. I don't have a fancy phone. My laptop is YEARS old. I'm back in school struggling to change all of this. I'm truly bummed.
  • Options
    sam8thsam8th Posts: 32
    Oh, I mention keeping my membership since 2009 b/c that was the last tour. I've been a member since the 90s.

Sorry to be such a whiny, but it's just not fair. Period. Something went wrong and I think it should be acknowledged ...

Shrugs. Have fun at your multiple shows. Guess I'll stick with smaller bands like anything Greg Dulli is in, that's where I've spent all my time between Pearl Jam anyway and they pay off better ...
  • Options
    New system stinks, for me at least.

Went 0 for 6 on getting anything in the lottery. Been a 10C fan since mid 90s. I wasn't getting my hopes up after my name wasn't drawn for the test shows for the new system. I probably lost faith after getting tickets for Eddie Vedder last year and I was 4 rows from the back of the venue. I knew something was fishy because the couple sitting next to me joined 10C in 2008. Bummed to not receive tickets. I think PJ should have offered as many as each venue would hold for this tour... Why let general population get a ticket? We've supported since the beginning.
    "Release will be played at my funeral"

10/27/91 Rochester, NY
    9/28/96 NY/NY
    9/23/98 West Palm, FL
    8/12/2000 Tampa, FL
    10/8/2004 Kissimmee, FL
    6/12/2008 Tampa, FL
    12/3/2012 Clearwater, FL *Eddie Vedder Solo
    4/11/2016 Tampa, FL
    4/13/2016 Jacksonville, FL