Options

PEARL JAM ANNOUNCES FALL 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    My first tic purchase through 10c and first PJ concert, curious to know how many rows are reserved for members? I've been a member of club for 2 yrs so a newbie to all of this. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect my seats to be like. I have reserved seats for Seattle.
    Me you wouldn't recall for I'm not my former
  • Options
    mikegil73mikegil73 Posts: 2
    I see that many of the Fans and 10c members are complaining about being shut out of the lottery. I think that everyone needs to pay attention here!!! It's nobody's fault. The fan club has been getting bigger over the years and there are only so many tics that the band can reserve. Stop complaining about how the fan club did you wrong and look at your fellow members. As far as I know the only tics that were being offered are from the lottery. I looked at Stubhub and there are already tons of tics being offered for multiple venues. The members are reselling their tics. I thought that was against the 10c ticket policy? I am with many of you as I lament over the possibility that I may not get any tics without having to pay ridiculous reseller (scalper) prices. But as long as the 10c members keep feeding the machine the tics will be more expensive and harder to come by. I have been a fan since '91 and have seen the band tons of times but I know that the reality of the matter is that unless the fans take action in real life, not bitching on the internet, this will never change. Write your Congressperson and Representative and tell them to look into this. I have seen articles in the paper and on the news, most recently on the Today show of all places, about the problems fans face with hard to purchase tics so I know that the people that you elect and that work for you in government already know about the "Ticket Scam". Speak up and make yourselves heard. I have been going to shows since I was 15. I'm 40 and I can say that it has never been more difficult to get tics for shows then it is now. As for the fans reselling your tics on Stubhub, shame on you!!! There are tons of loyal fans in the 10c that would have been more then willing to buy those tics and actually go to the shows!! Did you buy only to rip someone off?
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    My compliments mikegil73.
    I wonder myself what is going on with the Stubhub.
    A little strange indeed that so many "fans/10Cmembers" sell their hard won tickets :?
    Maybe somebody here can explain??
  • Options
    SM168759SM168759 Posts: 43
    Speaking of StubHub, I see some of the tickets listed there are for specific seat numbers - how did people get those?! Nothing's on sale yet?! 10C members only get the seat allocations from will call, right?

Also it's interesting that StubHub doesn't have the Hartford show listed in their Pearl Jam schedule.. what gives?
    And no one's gonna slow my gentle groove.. - https://twitter.com/Mr_Faded_Glory
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    Been with 10Club since 96 tour. Let membership lapse twice, but always current at tour time. So in almost 20 years, I've been successful 4 times. And I am up against high demand cities, so I totally get that disappointed feeling. And yes the tickets are expensive, but I believe the band and 10 Club try their best to make as many happy as possible. There is just no way to make everyone happy. Supply and Demand, it is just how it works when demand is so high.

The longer they keep rocking, the bigger the fan base is going to be. It is just part of being privy to their genius early in their career. So maybe we should relish in the extra years we've had to enjoy them, than blame newbies?!?!

Good luck on the 27th! And it seems like quite a few were successful at Wrigley on the day of, with last minute ticket release. So ya never know!
  • Options
    I'm so excited!!! It's going to be my first show :P See you in Dallas!!
  • Options
    Apparently I was one of the many that "won" the drawing for Seattle tickets !!!
    YAY !!! Already paid for and ready to go !
  • Options
    MyPJMyPJ Posts: 1
    Seattle an Philly!!!
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    mikegil73 wrote:
    Write your Congressperson and Representative and tell them to look into this. I have seen articles in the paper and on the news, most recently on the Today show of all places, about the problems fans face with hard to purchase tics so I know that the people that you elect and that work for you in government already know about the "Ticket Scam". Speak up and make yourselves heard.

Jeff and Stone already brought this up with our useless elected officials, and nothing was done about it. If they can't influence Congress what chance do we have?

There's too much $$$ being made off these tickets, and unfortunately I'm not very optimistic that the system will ever be fixed. :(
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    DS4032DS4032 Posts: 20
    Need one ticket for either night in Brooklyn. Have been a fan since 1996 but didn't get into drawing on time. Please call 352 989 0025
  • Options
    mikegil73mikegil73 Posts: 2
    narnia wrote:
    mikegil73 wrote:
    Write your Congressperson and Representative and tell them to look into this. I have seen articles in the paper and on the news, most recently on the Today show of all places, about the problems fans face with hard to purchase tics so I know that the people that you elect and that work for you in government already know about the "Ticket Scam". Speak up and make yourselves heard.

Jeff and Stone already brought this up with our useless elected officials, and nothing was done about it. If they can't influence Congress what chance do we have?

There's too much $$$ being made off these tickets, and unfortunately I'm not very optimistic that the system will ever be fixed. :(

Narnia,
    Jeff and Stony are only two people. Granted, well known people but, there has to be a few thousand 10c members!! Of course I am just guessing, but still, many hands make light work. If more people got involved I feel that something would have to be done. I feel your pessimism, but take that step and send a letter to your Rep's. If you access their webpage I'm sure all you would have to do is send a message or email and their staff will make sure that it gets directed accordingly. I worked for the New York State Attorney General for a few years in Public Correspondence so I know that elected officials get the mail that matters. If even a handful of us make some noise someone will take notice. This ticket nonsense can't go on like this forever. The government regulates most everything else, why not the ticket industry?
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    ticketmaster says that both the 10/18 and 10/19 shows will go on sale this saturday at 10 am est. That can't be right . . . can it?
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    NK10452 wrote:
    ticketmaster says that both the 10/18 and 10/19 shows will go on sale this saturday at 10 am est. That can't be right . . . can it?

From what I understand, tickets to all the shows on the fall tour go on sale at the same time on Saturday, 10 am est. :shock:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    NK10452 wrote:

From what I understand, tickets to all the shows on the fall tour go on sale at the same time on Saturday, 10 am est. :shock:

If that's true, then I think I may finally be out. I've never even heard of something like that.
    I'm still alive
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    It sounds crazy, doesn't it? I am just hoping and praying for the best. :?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    A little strange indeed that so many "fans/10Cmembers" sell their hard won tickets :?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the tickets you see on stubhub and other ticket agency sites (now, before public sale) are tickets from season ticket/club seat/luxury box clients who are guaranteed tix to every event as part of their contract. Then there are also business partners/vendors who are given tickets. Most of these people have relationships with ticket agencies and re-sell most of their tickets. I believe these are the sources for 90%+ of the tix you are seeing for sale now. I do not believe that most 10 club members sell their tix to these agencies. They are more likely to sell them to other 10 club memebers directly at face value. At least that has been my experience for the past 15 years. I cannot fully explain why there are general admission tix available on these sites, however.
  • Options
    mikegil73 wrote:
    I see that many of the Fans and 10c members are complaining about being shut out of the lottery. I think that everyone needs to pay attention here!!! It's nobody's fault. The fan club has been getting bigger over the years and there are only so many tics that the band can reserve.

Since the ten club does not provide member statistics we can't really know if the club is bigger now than it was in the late 90s/early 00s when the band was at its peak in popularity and membership was cheaper. So it is just as likely that they are getting less tickets for whatever reason.

I do think the 10 club needs to address this issue and explain why there is a major change that coincided with the lottery system. People went from 99% chance of scoring tix to under 15%. An explanation is due.

It would also be nice to have some info on their ticket acquisition process - for example - do certain venues restrict how many tix can be reserved by the club? Seems likely, but how many? Does it change from venue to venue or does TM dictate this? I don't need specifics but a little more info on why tix are harder to come by now would be appreciated.
  • Options
    AS256969AS256969 Posts: 7
    Twiggy57 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the tickets you see on stubhub and other ticket agency sites (now, before public sale) are tickets from season ticket/club seat/luxury box clients who are guaranteed tix to every event as part of their contract. Then there are also business partners/vendors who are given tickets. Most of these people have relationships with ticket agencies and re-sell most of their tickets. I believe these are the sources for 90%+ of the tix you are seeing for sale now. I do not believe that most 10 club members sell their tix to these agencies. They are more likely to sell them to other 10 club memebers directly at face value. At least that has been my experience for the past 15 years. I cannot fully explain why there are general admission tix available on these sites, however.

Ticket brokers have memberships in the 10C and other fan clubs. Plus don't put it past Pearl Jam fans here from selling their tickets when they see the possible return on investment.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,624
    edited July 2013
    Bails wrote:
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows if PJ will be doing a Canadian tour in the winter of 2014? This fall tour only has 2 west coast Canadian gigs and nothing for Toronto, Hamilton, Ottawa or Montreal. Any word on if any of those places will be future stops in 2014?
    relax im from Canada they just played those places in 2011, not sure why Vancouver and Calgary get shows this year though. it sucks there is no las vegas, or Colorado shows
    Vancouver at least makes sense always because it's so easy for them, being so close to home.
    I got the impression that Ed doesn't like Vegas. I know his solo shows last year were amazing and went well for him, but still, maybe he still doesn't like playing PJ shows there? Anyway, I'm glad Canada gets 2 shows. 2 shows out of a whole tour isn't exactly excessive for Canada. They probably want to make sure they keep the Canadian fans interested and happy - there are a lot of them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    AS256969 wrote:
    Twiggy57 wrote:

Ticket brokers have memberships in the 10C and other fan clubs. Plus don't put it past Pearl Jam fans here from selling their tickets when they see the possible return on investment.
    Tons of 10C members sell their tix to scalpers. For sure. It's not like 10C does interviews to sort out the bad eggs. Any asshole can join.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jerseygenxjerseygenx Posts: 106
    .[/quote]
    Tons of 10C members sell their tix to scalpers. For sure. It's not like 10C does interviews to sort out the bad eggs. Any asshole can join.[/quote]

Yes, but having to pick up the tickets and show ID, and the credit card used to buy the tickets, doesn't exactly make it easier for the scalpers..... I'm sure it happens, but I still like to think the best of my fellow 10Clubbers.
  • Options
    jerseygenx wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Tons of 10C members sell their tix to scalpers. For sure. It's not like 10C does interviews to sort out the bad eggs. Any asshole can join.

Yes, but having to pick up the tickets and show ID, and the credit card used to buy the tickets, doesn't exactly make it easier for the scalpers..... I'm sure it happens, but I still like to think the best of my fellow 10Clubbers.
    I actually don't think very many professional scalpers buy 10C tix, if any. My best friend's brother is a ticket broker unfortunately, and there is no way he or anyone else he knows in the ticket brokerage biz would bother doing this. Small potatoes. They don't have the time or motivation to bother with 2 tix at a time and go pick them up. They focus on their other shady practices that get them more tix faster. Amateur scalpers only. So just your average, everyday a-hole. But I think there are also plenty of members who are actually PJ fans who scalp. They don't care as much as some of us and simply choose $1200 over going to a show when they manage to score tix to a high demand venue. No rule saying you can't be a solid Pearl Jam fan AND a dick.
  • Options
    Deesa BeeDeesa Bee Posts: 38
    Hello 10c ers
    Due to an insane work sched, (and a lot going on in my life) I missed out trying for a chance at the lotto for the north american tour. I realize that a lot of people tried and didn't get 10c tickets but I just wanted to throw this out there in case the opportunity should present itself. If anyone that has tickets for some reason can't go I am interested in buying tickets (i'll travel to wherever) for PJ this fall. I know I'm not the only one who would be interested in tix but I thought that if any fellow 10c members had a conflict and couldn't attend a show it might be nice to give another 10c member a chance to buy them before selling to the general public. I can't keep up with all the info through here. Just throwing it out there. Hoping to score tickets in a few days... Thanks for reading.
    Lollapalooza Chicago, IL 8/07
    Old Deer Creek Noblesville, In 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley East Troy, Wis 9/3/11 --PJ 20--
    Wrigley Chicago, IL 7/19/13
    ...Thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    My top PJ opener is Release, 3/4 shows!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Anyone gonna organise a pin/button/badge competition for this tour? I know it's been done for previous tours. Just wondering. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    jerseygenx wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I actually don't think very many professional scalpers buy 10C tix, if any. My best friend's brother is a ticket broker unfortunately, and there is no way he or anyone else he knows in the ticket brokerage biz would bother doing this. Small potatoes. They don't have the time or motivation to bother with 2 tix at a time and go pick them up. They focus on their other shady practices that get them more tix faster. Amateur scalpers only. So just your average, everyday a-hole. But I think there are also plenty of members who are actually PJ fans who scalp. They don't care as much as some of us and simply choose $1200 over going to a show when they manage to score tix to a high demand venue. No rule saying you can't be a solid Pearl Jam fan AND a dick.

But why should an actually true PJ fan sell his/her tix anyway? It is hard enough to get them, but then selling the tix again for ridiculous prices??? I would not call those people REAL PJ fans, sorry.
    Maybe to kill those a-holes: that all the unfortunate real fans who did not win tickets...............DO NOT buy tix, for example, when the selling price is over the actual stated prices. Just suffer a bit, but dont spend ridiculous amounts of your hard earned money and fill the pockets of those bastards !!!!

Is that a good idea :-D
  • Options
    I think the 10 club should have some responsibility to enforce the rules about selling fan club tix. For example, if you go on a ticket site you can find people selling general admission/pit tix to both Brooklyn shows right now. For $3000-$5000 each. My understanding is that only people in the 10 club had access to these tix. The 10 club could track these sellers down by pretending to be buyers and then revoke their memberships.

This is another negative for the lottery system IMO. The kind of fans that would scalp their tix are more likely to be newer sign-ups. Its unlikely someone who has been in the club 15 years would risk losing their memebership and seniority for a few bucks. Yet those aiming to scam the system now have has much of a chance at getting tix as long time members. Not good.
  • Options
    I think the 10 club should have some responsibility to enforce the rules about selling fan club tix. For example, if you go on a ticket site you can find people selling general admission/pit tix to both Brooklyn shows right now. For $3000-$5000 each. My understanding is that only people in the 10 club had access to these tix. The 10 club could track these sellers down by pretending to be buyers and then revoke their memberships.

This is another negative for the lottery system IMO. The kind of fans that would scalp their tix are more likely to be newer sign-ups. Its unlikely someone who has been in the club 15 years would risk losing their memebership and seniority for a few bucks. Yet those aiming to scam the system now have has much of a chance at getting tix as long time members. Not good.
    Pretty sure the GA tix on sale right now are mostly if not entirely fake postings. Scalpers anticipate having GA tix without actually having them, or make those postings so that they can get a reading on the demand/market for tix. That's why there were GA tix for Wrigley posted for $25,000 each right after the lottery. Not because some 10C member who actually won them posted them. The best way to tell the difference is that most of those fake postings say that they'll courier the tix to you. Obviously, that wouldn't be the case if it's 10C tix.

I am unclear on how you think the lottery has any impact on whether or not newer or older members get tickets. Seniority has never had anything to do with that.
  • Options
    cdornfeldcdornfeld Posts: 6
    They boys' management must have beef with the Midwest. And no, Pittburg does not count and OKC does not represent most of the region. Yes, they did play Chicago, but that's technically part of the tour. I'm hoping for some more NA dates! Come on guys, let's make good!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Hi, 10:00 am public sale, what time will be in Lima, Peru.

Please help me, i dont know if its 10 am EPT, ET, PT, etc.....
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015