Options

Pearl Jam will play the BIG DAY OUT

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Great info about the D Barrie & chance of getting on the rail up above ladies ^^^^. Thanks. I too have wondered about this & have been pondering the idea of not being on the barrier, or up front at least for a PJ show which is not a ice though so sounds like it's do-able. Count me as your rail buddy here in Akl Jodie if we can do it.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I call barrier Mike's side!

It won't be the dreaded D - that's what counts the most. That thing is a joke. Hope it's something like what PJ have for their own shows. Safe but also possible.
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    I just dreamt last night Midnight Oil are going to play! :lol:
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    belinda27 wrote:

I hope that dream comes true!!! Can't see it happening, but PG will have nothing to do after September, so it's possible. There is a lack of good Oz bands on the list so far and in years past the 2nd announcement normally contains som big Oz bands
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    morello wrote:
    Count me as your rail buddy here in Akl Jodie if we can do it.

Indeed :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    I will take a PJ concert any way I can get, but it sucks balls that it's at BDO.
    Not sure what happened to the whole " not putting ticket prices out of the reach of our fans"
    Generally BDO sets will be lucky if they go for 8-10 songs.
    No extended encores, no unique tour posters.
    Only positive is that most of the 18-25 year old demographic that usually attend the BDO don't know who the fuck PJ or what there music is all about and will piss off!

Like I said, sucks balls! :nono:

See you there! ;)
    Where's your head @ ?
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:

I like your dreams!

Did the Hoodoo Gurus play too?

:P
    Where's your head @ ?
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I will take a PJ concert any way I can get, but it sucks balls that it's at BDO.
    Not sure what happened to the whole " not putting ticket prices out of the reach of our fans"
    Only positive is that most of the 18-25 year old demographic that usually attend the BDO don't know who the fuck PJ or what there music is all about and will piss off!
    I

See you there! ;)

BDO organisers have said pj will get a full concert set
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864

See you there! ;)

My disappointment isn't really due to the price...If PJ came out here to play their own shows, I would pay $185 just to see them at a good venue with a decent view, over seeing them at the BDO.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    I

See you there! ;)

BDO organisers have said pj will get a full concert set

Thats rad!
    I would have gone if they played one song! Lets be honest.
    Where's your head @ ?
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

See you there! ;)

My disappointment isn't really due to the price...If PJ came out here to play their own shows, I would pay $185 just to see them at a good venue with a decent view, over seeing them at the BDO.

Totally agree!

Can only hope that the 8-10 people that queued on Thursday morning is indicative of the crowd that stay on to watch the entire set! Then I can get nice and close! :shock:

Here's hoping anyway! ;)
    Where's your head @ ?
  • Options
    No Coder wrote:
    belinda27 wrote:

I hope that dream comes true!!! Can't see it happening, but PG will have nothing to do after September, so it's possible. There is a lack of good Oz bands on the list so far and in years past the 2nd announcement normally contains som big Oz bands

It would be awesome to hear them for Oz Day! 8-)
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:

I like your dreams!

Did the Hoodoo Gurus play too?

:P

Bizarre dream! :lol: Hoodoo Gurus would be great!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    belinda27 wrote:
    No Coder wrote:
    belinda27 wrote:

It would be awesome to hear them for Oz Day! 8-)

Tagging Waltzing Matilda in Ledbetter haha
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::clap: :thumbup:
  • Options
    On the BDO facebook page, they said there will be a "small crossover between Pearl Jam and Blur and that is it"...

Just thought I'd share that if it hadn't already been mentioned.
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    I've been on the barrier a few times now for Pearl Jam, and now I'm thinking I might be more relaxed since I have experience it before, and wont go through it again with a BDO crowd. But will wait until the day until I decide, knowing me the excitement will take over and I'll be wanting to be close again haha.

I am glad to hear about Blur and Pearl Jam not clashing though... Was really wanting to see Blur's set but not at the expense of missing PJ. A lot better timetable set up than last years Soundwave where it was clash central with the headliners
  • Options
    NucariNucari Posts: 20
    It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell out the BDO shows (and whether they will sell-out). My guess is that it won't be too difficult to get tickets tomorrow (Thursday) when the general tickets go on sale.
  • Options
    Nucari wrote:
    It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell out the BDO shows (and whether they will sell-out). My guess is that it won't be too difficult to get tickets tomorrow (Thursday) when the general tickets go on sale.
    gold coat tix went on sale today just had a look out of interest. I logged on put tix in my cart no dramas (only been on sale for a few hours) think itll take a few days to sell out
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Loving the fact that Blur are on after PJ because it gives me the option of leaving after PJ if I want to and beating the mass exodus of people wanting to leave at the same time.

8-)
  • Options
    does anyone know what time PJ will play?
  • Options
    belinda27 wrote:
    does anyone know what time PJ will play?

My guess would be that they take to the stage around 7-7.30pm. The festival wraps up at 11pm, I believe. So my guess is going by if Blur play a 1.5h set after Pearl Jam wraps up their 2h set.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Loving the fact that Blur are on after PJ because it gives me the option of leaving after PJ if I want to and beating the mass exodus of people wanting to leave at the same time.

8-)

Haha. My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    sitting at home bored shitless, looking out the bdo line up. I actually dont mind it there's about 8 acts id like to see, with more to be added. was watching videos from Ghost, they got some crazy shit going on I think theyd be interesting to watch.
  • Options
    What are you all hoping that PJ will include on the setlists for the BDO?

Do you think they'll come out and play onstage with the Cosmic Psychos and Mudhoney for a song or two?

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:

Do you think they'll come out and play onstage with the Cosmic Psychos and Mudhoney for a song or two?

i think its a almost certain Eddie will come out atleast once for Cosmic Psychos and Mudhoney.

songs im hoping to hear include for the sole reason i have heard live yet are

Oceans, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Nothingman, Who You Are, All Those Yesterdays, Footsteps, Hard To Imagine
  • Options
    -Emma- wrote:

i think its a almost certain Eddie will come out atleast once for Cosmic Psychos and Mudhoney.

songs im hoping to hear include for the sole reason i have heard live yet are

Oceans, Leash, Spin The Black Circle, Nothingman, Who You Are, All Those Yesterdays, Footsteps, Hard To Imagine

I would love to hear them open with Release or Long Road, but don't think they will. I would also like to here Come Back, Hail hail, I got Id, Not For You, Sometimes and LBC. But in truth- anything they play will be great

• Options
    RenaeRenae Perth, WA Posts: 38
    Anyone seen the line up for Soundwave? As expected THIS is the gig they should be headlining not lame ass BDO. Ah well, looks like I gotta suck up two festivals now ;)
  • Options
    Renae wrote:
    Anyone seen the line up for Soundwave? As expected THIS is the gig they should be headlining not lame ass BDO. Ah well, looks like I gotta suck up two festivals now ;)

I really like the SW lineup but think PJ suit BDO more- but agree that SW is the better festival

• Options
    DM76DM76 Posts: 55
    it might have been posted already.....so sorry

But what does the "Like a Boss actually ticket entitle u to...

Will there be a seperate area close to the front which separates from GA?????

Not interested in the other "benefits" just wanna get as close to stage as possible
    1995 ~ Canberra NATEX 1998 ~ Thebarton Oval Adelaide 2003 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2006 ~ Adelaide 1 & 2 (Ent Centre) 2009 ~ Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) 2009 ~ Melbourne (Etihad Stadiuml) 2011 ~ Eddie Vedder 1& 2 ( Thebarton Theatre) 2014~ Gold Coast ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Melbourne ( Big Day Out) 2014~ Adelaide ( Big Day Out)