Options

Vault 3 in goods. Vinyl, CD, Download!

Comments

• Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    It's not crazy expensive, it's what we have all been asking about for years... They finally are releasing an old show on vinyl. Officially.

Shut up and take my money...
  • Options
    LoveBoatCaptainDaveLoveBoatCaptainDave san antonio,tx Posts: 461
    just ordered mine!!! :D:D
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • Options
    rchallenrchallen Posts: 58
    brianlux wrote:
    But still, it's frustrating. I recently bought the Sugar Man soundtrack- two vinyl record set of Rodriguez songs brand new and sealed for twenty bucks. Why $50 for the PJ three record set? I don't get it. But like I said, it's buy now or forget it or shell out even way more later. :(

Price has ZERO relation to content when it comes to vinyl. Just a few random examples from our store....
    NIN - Downward Spiral (reissue) 2XLP $16.99
    Modest Mouse - Good News... (reissue) 2XLP $16.99
    Pink Floyd - The Wall (reissue) 2XLP $49.99

Same two slabs of 180G vinyl... Why the $33 price difference? (FYI, Pearl Jam's Ten reissue is $16.99. Vitalogy is $24.99. Same band, same two pieces of vinyl... Different price.)

A few more...
    Daft Punk - Discovery 2XLP $16.99
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories 2XLP $29.99

And as far as triple vinyl goes.....
    Paul McCartney - Wings Over America 3XLP (reissue) $39.99
    Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill 3XLP $69.99
    Pearl Jam - this show 3XLP $50.00
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Sounds pretty good. I'm all for audience recordings if they can church them up this well.
    This is a professionally recorded and mixed show, just like those normally released as an official bootleg.

It's not an audience recording.
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    rchallen wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    But still, it's frustrating. I recently bought the Sugar Man soundtrack- two vinyl record set of Rodriguez songs brand new and sealed for twenty bucks. Why $50 for the PJ three record set? I don't get it. But like I said, it's buy now or forget it or shell out even way more later. :(

Price has ZERO relation to content when it comes to vinyl. Just a few random examples from our store....
    NIN - Downward Spiral (reissue) 2XLP $16.99
    Modest Mouse - Good News... (reissue) 2XLP $16.99
    Pink Floyd - The Wall (reissue) 2XLP $49.99

Same two slabs of 180G vinyl... Why the $33 price difference? (FYI, Pearl Jam's Ten reissue is $16.99. Vitalogy is $24.99. Same band, same two pieces of vinyl... Different price.)

A few more...
    Daft Punk - Discovery 2XLP $16.99
    Daft Punk - Random Access Memories 2XLP $29.99

And as far as triple vinyl goes.....
    Paul McCartney - Wings Over America 3XLP (reissue) $39.99
    Neil Young - Psychedelic Pill 3XLP $69.99
    Pearl Jam - this show 3XLP $50.00

Well im not sure all that goes into pricing. Im sure packaging and number pressed has something to do with it. But it's not really true that these are all "the same slabs" of vinyl. There are varying degrees of quality. I know that Neil, for instance, has his pressed at supposedly the best plant in the world, located in Germany
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    gus stillsgus stills Posts: 340
    All I gotta say is, listening to the mp3 of Act of Love right now, sounds fucking amazing. $56.73 well, well spent. Thanks 10c!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Can any fellow member help this ten clubber out?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=209180

They need helping hands. :cry:
  • Options
    brianlux wrote:
    I get it. When I saw that this show was for sale on vinyl and didn't think very long about it and went ahead and per-ordered because I knew if I thought about it too long I wouldn't do it and when they sell out the cost will sky rocket. But still, it's frustrating. I recently bought the Sugar Man soundtrack- two vinyl record set of Rodriguez songs brand new and sealed for twenty bucks. Why $50 for the PJ three record set? I don't get it. But like I said, it's buy now or forget it or shell out even way more later. :(

:lol:

I have to sell both of my cd vaults to get this wax. :nono: Not going to happen.

I don't get it either. I love wax... but I'm holding out for an actual concert ticket. (If I entered and won the monthly contest for Wrigley, it states as always, "Tickets and air fare are not included... I dislike Chicago? am I supposed to sit at the gate and listen to the show? Plane tickets are 400$ this time!!!)

I am with you, I guess I will shell out more when I need/want it very bad. :D
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Count me in. Lo10L is pretty underwhelming and I've not pulled the trigger on Lo2L, so this really hits the spot, even without it being complete. It's a bit of a bummer, but I've doubted for a long time that they'd pull something like this and I'm glad to eat my words.

Is there a limit? Not normally a hoarder but it'd be nice to have an extra copy around for a friend or after I wear the first copy out.

EDIT: Also, a big possible negative...this can't be a good sign for the album release. This seems like a "tide them over" move.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Can any fellow member help this ten clubber out?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=209180

They need helping hands. :cry:

This member bought it and can't even download it? Wow!

No one can help :?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    the cost of the record surely has some correlation with the amount made. a special fairly low number run will be more expensive to make.

Simple economies of scale really

however if they are making a tidy profit on this item, good for them.
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Wowzers...after reading through this thread I'm of one simple conclusion.

Some. People. Are. Never. Happy.

:?
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Stinkfoot wrote:

amoungst the grumbles and moans there are a ton of very happy people.......thats the important part. but you are dead right
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Stinkfoot wrote:

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    So by the track record of vault releases so far, are we now on pace for Vault # 4 to be released sometime in 2014? :lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    So by the track record of vault releases so far, are we now on pace for Vault # 4 to be released sometime in 2014? :lol:

That definintely appears to be the pace they are setting and what they are planning on doing. I honestly don't think that's so bad, especially if they are going to continue releasing each one on vinyl too and with all of other boots we get. As long as the mixing and mastering of these continue to be top notch and they take their time on that to produce the sound and audio mix that we have seen on thiese, I'm all good with it. Maybe two Vault releases per year, or one release every quarter would be nice too.

:lol: I'm alredy wondering and itching to know what show will be the Vault #4 release.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    pdalowsky wrote:
    the cost of the record surely has some correlation with the amount made. a special fairly low number run will be more expensive to make.

I was reading an article on the BBC the other week about the revival of cassettes & vinyl and it mentioned that it costs around £9 to make a vinyl record. Obviously like you say Paul, lower order numbers will mean that price probably goes higher.

I personally think the price of this 3LP set is spot on, £30 I feel is a bargain. Bottom line is for those who complain about, don't buy it. :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    boyo79 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I was reading an article on the BBC the other week about the revival of cassettes & vinyl and it mentioned that it costs around £9 to make a vinyl record. Obviously like you say Paul, lower order numbers will mean that price probably goes higher.

I personally think the price of this 3LP set is spot on, £30 I feel is a bargain. Bottom line is for those who complain about, don't buy it. :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    boyo79 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

I don't know if this is expensive, I don't think so. We can discuss about the price, but price isn't value, they are two different things. Taking into account that it's an one of a kind PJ release, in limited quantities, something which isn't meant to be mass produced, and the manufacturing details, in my opinion it's a fair price. Remeber that about one year and a half ago we got a unique 3-LP set which was available everywhere, so they kept the price for this one. And compared with what we usually spend money on, regardless if we need that or not, 50 bucks it's a fair price, I mean, in my country this kind of luxury items such a good pair of trousers or jeans cost that much, and a good pair of shoes at least twice as much. And don't forget to read what boyo79 wrote, check the end of the quotation.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    pdalowsky wrote:

+1
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    Sorry if it's been mentioned already but in the blurb on this record from 10C it says that Push me/pull me and Yellow Ledbetter are not included on the vinyl release. No problem, thanks for letting us know.

Why then do I have Push me/Pull me on the MP3's I just got. Seems a bit weird to say it doesn't exist/isn't available due to tape restrictions of the time when it clearly does.....

Not complaining just interested in this. It sounds like they only caught half of PM/PM so maybe they don't want to only put half a song onto vinyl. half a song is better than no song for me
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    Sorry if it's been mentioned already but in the blurb on this record from 10C it says that Push me/pull me and Yellow Ledbetter are not included on the vinyl release. No problem, thanks for letting us know.

Why then do I have Push me/Pull me on the MP3's I just got. Seems a bit weird to say it doesn't exist/isn't available due to tape restrictions of the time when it clearly does.....

Not complaining just interested in this. It sounds like they only caught half of PM/PM so maybe they don't want to only put half a song onto vinyl. half a song is better than no song for me

I believe they don't have the complete song for either on the master tapes and don't want to put out partial songs or a lesser quality source matierial than the rest of the album, which is understandable.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

I think you've kinda answered it yourself. I pre-ordered as soon as the vinyl went on sale and it was only when I downloaded the mp3 that I noticed there was no YL. Then someone posted that some of PMPM was missing. About an hour/90 minutes after the vinyl went on preorder the listing was updated to state PMPM & YL aren't included. But nothing was mentioned with regards to the download or cd so I presume PMPM will be on the cd release.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Yeah I figured that was the case.
    This show sounds great so really stoked to have this on LP.

Knowing 10c I'll probably be waiting until December to get it as I still haven't got my 2012 record or gift pack thing yet hahaha. Yes I have emailed them and they said its in transit......

Luckily I am a patient man :D :corn: :corn:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    WOW...

Just downloaded the audio files after purchasing the vinyl and CD and Long Road is insane!!! Best version I've heard in fact, Even better than Berlin 2010. Eddie totally nails it and sings it so beautifully. The other great thing about it is the temp is spot on, where s it tends to be a little fast these days!

It's seriously good!
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,760
    Stinkfoot wrote:

That may be true, but not in my case. I cannot be unhappy about making a decision to buy something. Nobody made me buy it. I'm happy to know I can purchase this album on vinyl because to me analog is the only true way to hear music.

That said, I still believe the price is a bit over the top and I have no problem with stating that opinion. But unhappy? No, I'm a happy guy! :P
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    just got an email back from tenc. multiple copies may be purchased. just one per order. so if you want 2, you need to place 2 seperate orders.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,008
    Is this a good enough show to be excluding two songs??
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,106
    Is this a good enough show to be excluding two songs??
    If you love LO2L you will love this.

It sounds great!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"