Options

Vault 3 in goods. Vinyl, CD, Download!

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    If you order other stuff with the per order will it be held to ship together or shipped separately?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    So what all is missing? I still can't unzip the file to see for myself.

You should try downloading again to make sure that you received the file correctly. The link should be in your order history if you don't have it anymore.

Redownloading now...... But cheers for a 98 show in the meantime! Very pleased with the choice
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,478

You should try downloading again to make sure that you received the file correctly. The link should be in your order history if you don't have it anymore.

Redownloading now...... But cheers for a 98 show in the meantime! Very pleased with the choice

This is about as close to my ultimate setlist as the band ever got. This show really illustrates the strength of the band's material pre-Binaural. And Eddie sounds great on this boot.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    boyo79 wrote:
    NHiding wrote:
    Re: Vault 3 in goods. Vinyl, CD, Download!
    by javis el errante » Jun 10th, '13, 10:50

I still don't understand how come someone is on tour on a band and doesn't have enough tape...

Any vault release that they are gonna put out from the '90s was most likely recorded on ADAT, which was like a VHS tape in size and probably varied in speed and duration of time per tape. So either they ran out of tape or got caught with a tape change during Ledbetter. It's not like putting in a 32gb SD card today!

Cheers dude for the info :thumbup:
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    Horse2345 wrote:
    If you order other stuff with the per order will it be held to ship together or shipped separately?
    "Items ordered with Vinyl will ship at time of purchase."
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    great version of Black on right now
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Wow all this new merch.
    Picked up the new vault single and finally bought a ladies T I've had my eye on for a while.

Tenclub better be careful...with the Fall tour taking so long to be announced, people are going to kill their CC's with merch and won't be able to afford to do as many shows as they'd like.

This month is killing me. I just bought my plane tix to Chicago last week, I got merch today, NIN tix go onlsale this week and QOTSA announced a tour today so thats more tix to be bought.

Hurry up and announce the damn tour PJ! lol
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,845

I was told only yellow ledbetter, and there is some fade-in in the middle of push me pull me...

That's it. Just checked now to see if there's an update on the zip file. Nope. It's still 203 MB.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited June 2013
    Wow all this new merch.
    Picked up the new vault single and finally bought a ladies T I've had my eye on for a while.

Tenclub better be careful...with the Fall tour taking so long to be announced, people are going to kill their CC's with merch and won't be able to afford to do as many shows as they'd like.

This month is killing me. I just bought my plane tix to Chicago last week, I got merch today, NIN tix go onlsale this week and QOTSA announced a tour today so thats more tix to be bought.

Same here...I was planing on going to 4-5 PJ shows this fall...then NIN announced their tour. I'll be hitting two or three shows. That's onky, I'll still hit 2-3 PJ shows...but then QOTSA is coming now...sooo....2? maybe 3 PJ shows?

Not to mention work is on my case about submitting my vacation time for the fall. If they don't announce anything, I wont be going to any PJ shows....not the end of the world as I will see other great bands and spend my money elsewhere...

Pearl Jam always has first dibs on my wallet but if they're going to take this long to announce anything, Well, I'm taking my money elsewhere.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    NHiding wrote:
    Re: Vault 3 in goods. Vinyl, CD, Download!
    by javis el errante » Jun 10th, '13, 10:50

I still don't understand how come someone is on tour on a band and doesn't have enough tape...

Any vault release that they are gonna put out from the '90s was most likely recorded on ADAT, which was like a VHS tape in size and probably varied in speed and duration of time per tape. So either they ran out of tape or got caught with a tape change during Ledbetter. It's not like putting in a 32gb SD card today!
    Yeah, I recall Brett Eliason being on AET on SiriusXM once, saying that the problem with the pre-2000 shows--before the band figured out that recording and selling every show was viable--was that Brett was taping mostly for the band's own archive, but that the live show sound was his first priority, so sometimes he'd be too busy to notice a tape was running low and get it changed between songs, and they might be missing half a song here or there.

Of course, they were doing a lot of recording in '98 for what would become Live on Two Legs, so I don't know if attention to detail was that bad by then, but it is an explanation for why the pre-"Official Bootleg"-era shows might have some gaps.
  • Options
    Wow all this new merch.

Same here...I was planing on going to 4-5 PJ shows this fall...then NIN announced their tour. I'll be hitting two or three shows. That's onky, I'll still hit 2-3 PJ shows...but then QOTSA is coming now...sooo....2? maybe 3 PJ shows?

Not to mention work is on my case about submitting my vacation time for the fall. If they don't announce anything, I wont be going to any PJ shows....not the end of the world as I will see other great bands and spend my money elsewhere...

Pearl Jam always has first dibs on my wallet but if they're going to take this long to announce anything, Well, I'm taking my money elsewhere.
    2/3 are at Voodoo and i think QOTSA is gonna be there too --- there is a hole in the tour for it
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    demetrios wrote:

I was told only yellow ledbetter, and there is some fade-in in the middle of push me pull me...

That's it. Just checked now to see if there's an update on the zip file. Nope. It's still 203 MB.

Someone sent an email and got an answer back: they stated that they had run out of tape during that show, so YL wasn't recorded, the PMPM fade-in issue is still a mistery, and I miss it on today's broadcast... but here's a nice explanation from The Rob...
    NHiding wrote:
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    i would think that listening to some of this show might be a little akward for EV. I understand the "tape limitations" :lol:
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    me too :(
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Someone sent an email and got an answer back: they stated that they had run out of tape during that show, so YL wasn't recorded, the PMPM fade-in issue is still a mistery, and I miss it on today's broadcast... but here's a nice explanation from The Rob...
    NHiding wrote:

Whoa! But there's many audience recordings of 9/19/98, that do have Yellow Ledbetter. Couldn't they use any of these sources?

http://db.etree.org/shn/21705
    http://db.etree.org/shn/23881
    http://db.etree.org/shn/24025

And what about this source?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZYZKin2JOM
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    Here is a blast from the past, courtesy of good ol' fivehorizons.com

Live on Two Legs
    October 21, 1998: Well, that's the title of the live album. =) (Revised at the last minute from Pearl Jam Live At Constitution Hall. Obviously, they were thinking about releasing the entire VFC show --

Ha! I never gave up hope it would eventually be released!
    PJ never lets me down ;)
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,843
    Ordered mine - another item to be buried in my tomb! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Well the 10c radio is playing YL from this show (I think). Not as good of a recording as the rest of the show though.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Like what I've heard so far, Eddie's voice is so strong here. Take my money.
  • Options
    Yellow Ledbetter?

Lesser quality, but good enough...

• Options
    jonsey30 wrote:
    Well the 10c radio is playing YL from this show (I think). Not as good of a recording as the rest of the show though.

Yep, from a sweet audience recording. I just hope, and crossing my fingers after preorders are taken that they include one of these audience recording tracks of Yellow Ledbetter pressed on vinyl to include in this release.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    vant0037 wrote:
    Key phrase: "made-to-order"

Hopefully that means that any 10c member that wants one and orders within the pre-order period, gets one. After the pre-order period, I assume it will be "limited" in edition to the amount of the pre-order + the public availability.

And watch....people will complain after that they didn't have enough time, money etc. and 10c should have given them more time.

It will happen
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    KUDOS TO THE BAND/FAN CLUB FOR LISTENING TO THEIR FANS AND RELEASING A VAULT SHOW ON VINYL AND DOING IT MADE TO ORDER WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO DO SO.

Excellent job! :clap:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    aennilaennil Posts: 415
    so, can anyone tell how many songs are missing and which ones? I won't waste my download code if the show is not complete... I still can wait a couple of months though...

2013 PEARL JAM VAULT SHOW #3 CONSTITUTION HALL 9/19/98 VINYL PRESALE ORDER

MEMBERS ONLY
    Details:
    For the first time, the Ten Club is making a vault show available on vinyl.
    Pre-order this limited edition, 180 gram 3-LP set now .
    Pre-orders available to 10C members only begins immediately and ends at 5 PM Pacific on June 24th.
    LP sets will be made to order and will ship around September 1
    Due to tape limitataions of the time, push me/pull you and yellow ledbetter are not included in this release.
    A 256 kps MP3 version of the show will be available to you when you place the order.
    After the pre-sale, there will be a very limited number available to non-members.
    Cards will be charged shortly after purchase.
  • Options
    KUDOS TO THE BAND/FAN CLUB FOR LISTENING TO THEIR FANS AND RELEASING A VAULT SHOW ON VINYL AND DOING IT MADE TO ORDER WITH PLENTY OF TIME TO DO SO.

Excellent job! :clap:

Excellent job indeed!! :)

Love the "Made to Order" sale. I hope for the next Vault releases they are Made to Order and if they could, released Vault 1 & Vault 2 in vinyl formats.
  • Options
    aennil wrote:
    so, can anyone tell how many songs are missing and which ones? I won't waste my download code if the show is not complete... I still can wait a couple of months though...

MEMBERS ONLY
    Details:
    Pre-orders available to 10C members only begins immediately and ends at 5 PM Pacific on June 24th.
    Due to tape limitataions of the time, push me/pull you and yellow ledbetter are not included in this release.
    A 256 kps MP3 version of the show will be available to you when you place the order.
    After the pre-sale, there will be a very limited number available to non-members.

That was added later, check the thread for comments and quotations... but I might as well use my download code on this one, amazing show, and boots are available everywhere...

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    demetrios wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Yep, from a sweet audience recording. I just hope, and crossing my fingers after preorders are taken that they include one of these audience recording tracks of Yellow Ledbetter pressed on vinyl to include in this release.

Is that actually an option for them to do for the release? Would there be any rights issues with whoever did the recording or are there no rights issues if it was an "illegal" recording?

I am by no means a lawyer and have no knowledge regarding this. I was just throwing the questions out there.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    aennil wrote:

MEMBERS ONLY
    Details:

That was added later, check the thread for comments and quotations... but I might as well use my download code on this one, amazing show, and boots are available everywhere...

I thought that was added later. Bummer they're not on there, but I still would have ordered it.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    On XM Sirius Yellow Ledbetter is part of the show.....
  • Options
    jason_94 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    jonsey30 wrote:

Is that actually an option for them to do for the release? Would there be any rights issues with whoever did the recording or are there no rights issues if it was an "illegal" recording?

I am by no means a lawyer and have no knowledge regarding this. I was just throwing the questions out there.

It can't be illegal if it's Pearl Jam's music, no matter who recorded it. Would be shocking if the fan who recorded this show for personal use sues PJ for using his/her audience recording of that track to put on an official release.