Vault 3 in goods. Vinyl, CD, Download!

Comments

• ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    81 wrote:
    i'm working on the flippability report as we speak....
    it's made to order. i suspect the market will be flooded with copies, at least initially.
  • boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    DavieB wrote:
    I would love to order the vinyl, but last time I ordered something > $30 from 10C in the UK I got stung with ridiculous Royal Mail fees.

Any UK fans aware of any way to get around these? They end up almost doubling the cost of the item!

I paid a total of £50 for 2 bootleg CDs last year!!!!!!

Yeah its a bit of a pain. Anything over $25 and you're risking a customs charges. Unfortunately that is the limit set. Sometimes you'll get away with it, I've ordered a few things round the $25 to $35 mark this year and not paid any customs but I've also been hit on some posters last year. I got hit for 2 bootlegs last year but refused to pay and they were sent back to 10c - Nugs has since changed the value on the customs forms so you could order 4 boots and not get charged customs.

As mentioned you could try and get the vinyl mailed to a friend in the States but shipping to the States is more than the UK and once you've paid your friend to ship the item you'll have ended up paying more than the £12 customs charge!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    edited June 2013
    50 dollars for vinyl.

I was at a Black Flag show Friday - and i know it's totally different but their tshirts and albums were 10 a piece.
    Because that is what punk rock is about right. I know PJ tries to have punk roots - not when it comes to merch though. :cry:
    yeah it's expansive. But what do a new Neil Young album cost? He also has crazy prices.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    im in vinyl heaven

i have been asking for this for asks...i love you pj...thanks for listening tenc.

wooooooooooooooooooowhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

can we have a slipmat now.. :fp: too much lol

nicely put Kev, this is a great day......live show vinyl, that is made to order quantities at a reasonable price......perfect.
  • Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    So do you expect the vinyl to be an incomplete recording, too?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Awesome set which fell on my 18th birthday. Did they really play daughter twice? According to the setlist they did.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    ewokpelts wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i'm working on the flippability report as we speak....
    it's made to order. i suspect the market will be flooded with copies, at least initially.

this time "made to order" is not exactly "made to order"...
    For the first time, the Ten Club is making a vault show available on vinyl.
    Pre-order this limited edition, 180 gram 3-LP set now .
    Pre-orders available to 10C members only begins immediately and ends at 5 PM Pacific on June 24th.
    LP sets will be made to order and will ship around September 1
    A 256 kps MP3 version of the show will be available to you when you place the order.
    After the pre-sale, there will be a very limited number available to non-members.
    Cards will be charged shortly after purchase.

may be I got it wrong, I hope so, but what I gathered is that this will be the opposite as if you buy the philly box set from kufala...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    boyo79 wrote:
    DavieB wrote:
    I would love to order the vinyl, but last time I ordered something > $30 from 10C in the UK I got stung with ridiculous Royal Mail fees.

Any UK fans aware of any way to get around these? They end up almost doubling the cost of the item!

I paid a total of £50 for 2 bootleg CDs last year!!!!!!

Yeah its a bit of a pain. Anything over $25 and you're risking a customs charges. Unfortunately that is the limit set. Sometimes you'll get away with it, I've ordered a few things round the $25 to $35 mark this year and not paid any customs but I've also been hit on some posters last year. I got hit for 2 bootlegs last year but refused to pay and they were sent back to 10c - Nugs has since changed the value on the customs forms so you could order 4 boots and not get charged customs.

As mentioned you could try and get the vinyl mailed to a friend in the States but shipping to the States is more than the UK and once you've paid your friend to ship the item you'll have ended up paying more than the £12 customs charge!

That's CRAZY!!
    The limit for customs here in Greece is closer to $100 and shipping for this vinyl was $5.37
    I'm looking to move to the UK next year, but I guess I'll be sending all my "goods" to Greece and pick them up during holidays.. :?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    *Pre Ordered!! :D
    So, if you cancel your pre-order you still have the mp3s. isn't that weird?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    "made to order"

Sweet! 8-)
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    50 dollars for vinyl.

I was at a Black Flag show Friday - and i know it's totally different but their tshirts and albums were 10 a piece.
    Because that is what punk rock is about right. I know PJ tries to have punk roots - not when it comes to merch though. :cry:

It is expensive, but this is 3lp set on 180g with hopefully 2+ hours of music...not 45 min on one album.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I couldn't say no :shifty:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    made to order so there will be at least 5,000 ordered at the minimum i'm guessing. Which is a lot. But like all things PJ once it's out of print it's suddenly worth $$$$$$$. I've seen the Benaroya CD go for $30-40 on ebay! Now look at Ukulele Songs vinyl. Crazy.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    I was sooooo wishing for msg 9/11/98 but d.c. is awesome. I'm so pumped for some quality 98 material!
    I never bought the vic vault, worth it?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    This is not a complete recording, right? What tracks are missing? I don't want to drop $50 on vinyl for something that is incomplete. Also, what makes this show standout from others?
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    I was sooooo wishing for msg 9/11/98 but d.c. is awesome. I'm so pumped for some quality 98 material!
    I never bought the vic vault, worth it?
    Short but great.
    Got the download on now, Long Road sounds great. Nice job 10c! :clap::clap:

• PredakingPredaking Posts: 267
    PH20 wrote:
    50 dollars for vinyl.

It is expensive, but this is 3lp set on 180g with hopefully 2+ hours of music...not 45 min on one album.

Yup, seeing as most vinyl releases now are at least $24, I'd say this isn't so bad. I really wanted "Mellon Collie..." but couldn't pull the trigger. Big pill to swallow, but would have been totally worth it.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    so, can anyone tell how many songs are missing and which ones? I won't waste my download code if the show is not complete... I still can wait a couple of months though...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    BIG thanks to 10c for doing this and doing it right. Dream come true to have a ''98 show released as a Vault show. Perfect dream to have it on vinyl. Thanks!!!!

This initially was going to be the band's live release from the Yield tour. Decided to release Live on Two Legs instead. Nearly 15 years later, it's coming out.

:)
  • cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    so, can anyone tell how many songs are missing and which ones? I won't waste my download code if the show is not complete... I still can wait a couple of months though...

yellow ledbetter seems to be missing

(but hell, it sounds GREAT!!!!)
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • I was able to DL my copy after pre-ordering the vinyl no problem.
    Gorge
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,355
    kathynek wrote:
    This is not a complete recording, right? What tracks are missing? I don't want to drop $50 on vinyl for something that is incomplete. Also, what makes this show standout from others?

It looks like 1/2 of Push Me, Pull Me and Yellow Ledbetter.
  • PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    kathynek wrote:

I could be wrong (hope I'm not), but with the number of songs on the setlist (few), and the fact that it is a 3lp set...I would think they all COULD be on there.

A lot of cool songs on the setlist IMO.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    I have emailed info@ about this thread and missing songs.

Let's see what happens.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I was able to DL my copy after pre-ordering the vinyl no problem.

Me too. 203mb. 23 tracks. 1:52:14 minutes.
    It's missing Yellow Ledbetter in this .zip file MP3 download.

Yellow Ledbetter

• jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    This is a cool thing, don't get me wrong, and I definitely ordered it. But are we going to have to wait until July to get some tour announcements?
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL