Options

*meet-ups in ITALY!*

123457»

Comments

• Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    hey gang just using a internet cafe in torino, its so hot and danmac and i have been searching for three hours for somewhrer to go and get a shower. we've travelled all over torino to find every swimming pool is either closees or being knocked down!!
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared
  • Options
    leash wrote:
    hey gang just using a internet cafe in torino, its so hot and danmac and i have been searching for three hours for somewhrer to go and get a shower. we've travelled all over torino to find every swimming pool is either closees or being knocked down!!
    :D Are there no fountains there? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :D Are there no fountains there? :D

Pissed my pants! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Pissed my pants! :D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D

Anyway, it looks like I brought the rain home with me :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    It's lovely and sunshiny here.. :)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    It's lovely and sunshiny here.. :)
    Course it is :rolleyes: Do ya SEE me there? Lol, apparently it was beautiful here all weekend whilst I was over in thunderous Verona :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Course it is :rolleyes: Do ya SEE me there? Lol, apparently it was beautiful here all weekend whilst I was over in thunderous Verona :D

My shoes are still wet.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:
    My shoes are still wet.
    My feet are still some strange brown colour :confused: I can't seem to get it off and I scrubbed them a few times yesterday. Ah well, it will wear off, lol. T'was great meeting ya anyway Dave, you enjoy it?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    My feet are still some strange brown colour :confused: I can't seem to get it off and I scrubbed them a few times yesterday. Ah well, it will wear off, lol. T'was great meeting ya anyway Dave, you enjoy it?

Of course I did! Though I was very drunk the night before the gig, and extremely hungover the next day. Though if I had let you carry my beer, I might not have been, as you would have dropeed it! ;)

It was awesome meeting all these people, all so friendly, and I kept bumping into people the day after the show going home, at the train station and in the airport. It's madness!

But yes, it was awesome, and good to meet you too (though I did meet you very briefly in Dublin), though now I have a very serious case of post PJ depression. And no money. At all.

:D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Of course I did! Though I was very drunk the night before the gig, and extremely hungover the next day. Though if I had let you carry my beer, I might not have been, as you would have dropeed it! ;)

It was awesome meeting all these people, all so friendly, and I kept bumping into people the day after the show going home, at the train station and in the airport. It's madness!

But yes, it was awesome, and good to meet you too (though I did meet you very briefly in Dublin), though now I have a very serious case of post PJ depression. And no money. At all.

:D
    What do you mean I woulda dropped it? :o That was Dan!!!! :D Or if we're talking about later in the night I don't remember dropping any beer... I don't remember anything! :D We all got so drunk the night before, it was great :D . I was fine though - the secret is to have a beer for breakfast :D . I jumped out of bed on Saturday and got straight in the shower and had some multivitamin stuff from the fridge which might have sorted me out :D . Ahhhh yes, we met in Dublin, lol, sorry!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    audiodave wrote:

They really were great, weren't they? It's like we all knew eachother for years :o

And yeh, I'm completely broke too! Almost didn't have money for a taxi home :eek: and it was too late for buses.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    What do you mean I woulda dropped it? :o That was Dan!!!! :D Or if we're talking about later in the night I don't remember dropping any beer... I don't remember anything! :D We all got so drunk the night before, it was great :D . I was fine though - the secret is to have a beer for breakfast :D . I jumped out of bed on Saturday and got straight in the shower and had some multivitamin stuff from the fridge which might have sorted me out :D . Ahhhh yes, we met in Dublin, lol, sorry!

Sure. It was Dan. ;)

I've no doubt you were fine, you are afterall Irish, and therefore know all about drinking and how to survive the aftermath!

You are forgiven, I was kinda overwhelmed in Dublin and didn't do much talking. I just sat and drank guiness!
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    audiodave wrote:
    Sure. It was Dan. ;)

I've no doubt you were fine, you are afterall Irish, and therefore know all about drinking and how to survive the aftermath!

You are forgiven, I was kinda overwhelmed in Dublin and didn't do much talking. I just sat and drank guiness!
    It WAS Dan :p

And lol, not really! I usually get really really bad hangovers :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    It WAS Dan :p

And lol, not really! I usually get really really bad hangovers :o

Well Verona must be the exception to the rule, as I never get hangovers!

And ok, I believe you :rolleyes:
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• Options
    ahhhhhh....i'm home!

wow, what a trip! i cannot even begin to encompass it all right now, i've been in airports and/or airplanes for about 12 hours straight today, i am still on italian time so it feels like 5 am tomoorow, ack, haha....and i have been beat to shit by 4 nights on the rail/front row, tripping all over italy, clutz that i am - one of which included a really bad spill in the turin venue which messed up my knee/ankle very bad (it's still a very lovely shade of purple/brown and about 3 sizes larger than it should be) but didn't make me miss the show or give up my front row spot. ;) anyway, it was all amazing!

so yea...i just REALLY wantto say, i had a BLAST with you all! it was so, so, so great to meet/hang/get to know sooo many new fans over in europe, loved every minute! verona in particular, the pre-pre show meet friday - wow! and then the pre and post show meets day of, the pouring rain, the scotsman's arses, sheesh....and on and on......haha.

thanks for such a GREAT time all!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    ahhhhhh....i'm home!

wow, what a trip! i cannot even begin to encompass it all right now, i've been in airports and/or airplanes for about 12 hours straight today, i am still on italian time so it feels like 5 am tomoorow, ack, haha....and i have been beat to shit by 4 nights on the rail/front row, tripping all over italy, clutz that i am - one of which included a really bad spill in the turin venue which messed up my knee/ankle very bad (it's still a very lovely shade of purple/brown and about 3 sizes larger than it should be) but didn't make me miss the show or give up my front row spot. ;) anyway, it was all amazing!

so yea...i just REALLY wantto say, i had a BLAST with you all! it was so, so, so great to meet/hang/get to know sooo many new fans over in europe, loved every minute! verona in particular, the pre-pre show meet friday - wow! and then the pre and post show meets day of, the pouring rain, the scotsman's arses, sheesh....and on and on......haha.

I don't know if I met you or not decides2dream. I went to Paris, Bologna, and then, after flying home, decided I wanted to go to Pistoia, so I told work that my boiler had blown, and flew out on Wednesday for that aswell. It was great. I really liked Italy. I reckon I'll pop back next year and travel around the country for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    D2D ~ glad u had such a good time babe :) and SO glad u made front row , GA is The BEST :D:D:D:D :p much love from me ;) xxxxx

p.s. so front row , with Ed ???? did u umm see how expressive he can be , did he make ur heart melt ??
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I don't know if I met you or not decides2dream. I went to Paris, Bologna, and then, after flying home, decided I wanted to go to Pistoia, so I told work that my boiler had blown, and flew out on Wednesday for that aswell. It was great. I really liked Italy. I reckon I'll pop back next year and travel around the country for a couple of weeks.

we didn't. :(

anyway, if you met me...you'd remember, no question. ;) haha. seriously, dan told me you were on your way to meet up with him and keith, i think we went to get lunch...and never saw them or you at all. too bad. you seem a very funny/entertaining guy on here, so was looking forward to meeting in person. eh well. come on out to NY for a visit/shows....:)

italy is a beautiful, amazing country.....definitely go back. someday i'd like to go back and revisit turin and verona.....and also go to venice and rome.

V V GA is cool and yes, GREAT to get so close to ed, but honestly, i far prefer our regular system. verona was spectacular. had all day to explore the city, then we all had a leasurely pre-show meet-up, no waiting in queues, even got to skip MMJ :D....and i still managed to score 4th row dead center with my crap member #. so yea, that's all i need to do, travel far with my # to get a good assigned spot....no queueing.....no crushing.....etc. right now, i am so literally beat up from 4 GA shows.....plus so exhausted from not enough sleep and got quite sick to boot...bleh. alll worth it, but yea, definitely rough.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Heya Maria, tis good to have ya back :)

I'm STILL on a high from Verona :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    ahhhhhh....i'm home!

hello!!

I just got back too, and so has my voice too, because it finally gave up on me after Pistoia and too much singing!!! :)

Glad you guys had a great time in Verona! Sorry I could not hang out more but had to go back home as my father had been already kind enough to drive me there in the pouring rain (I was also surprised to hear he enjoyed the show! so I am making a cd of the bootleg for him!).

Hope you'll recover soon from your tour injuries!