Thanks a lot! :)

(check pms)
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Thanks to D2D and lgt for all your work! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    great info on this thread cheers!
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    leash wrote:

were you the one with the "Come to Belfast" sign in Canada?

Hope to meet you in Italy, we share many shows. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    yea i am that very man! one of the proudest moments of my life, if only had done a gig in belfast. yea i'm sure we will run into each other at some stage, ill be with the euro tour bus crew so i won't be hard to find. Italy is going to rock!

• Options
    Printed off all the details so good to go :)... Can't wait!

Only problem we may have is that we can't book into our hotel in Verona untill 15.30, so we may miss the pre-meet up... we'll do our best to get there tho.
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    What is the best way to travel from Turin to Pistoia??? and r there places where i can sleep in the streets in the gig cities (yes im poor)???
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    What is the best way to travel from Turin to Pistoia??? and r there places where i can sleep in the streets in the gig cities (yes im poor)???

The best way to travel would be by train. However, there is no direct train from Turin to Pistoia (Pistoia is a really small town north of Florence).

Here's some train times, with indication of where you need to change (either Prato or Firenze SMN, which is Florence train station; or you might have to do 2 changes - see link below):

http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable

As for sleeping rough... My suggestion is that if you travel by train, you can spend the nights at the train station waiting rooms. You will need to show your ticket though to enter. Of course, train stations at night, especially in the big cities, can be quite dodgy, but there's also police walking around..
    If you're a girl, why not look into some hostel or pensione? you should be able to find something for 10-20 euro..
  • Options
    I'll be at the Milan and Verona meet ups with IScotID.....

Does anyone need two bologna tickets. I need rid of them for face value.
  • Options
    Dreams and lgt, thanks for organizing this thread and the meetups. The best part is that since I am going with dreams that I won't need to keep track of the meetup spots :p
  • Options
    How easy is it to get from Milan Orio al Serio to Verona... is there regular buses?
  • Options
    OffRamp wrote:
    Hey man.

I'll be doing that journey as well - only going for Verona & Milan. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more details.

Thanks man! I hope to see you there!! LGT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!

Ok, Italy folks... well, Verona folks.. how far is it from the airport to the arena? My hotel is near the arena.... so if I were to take a cab... how much would that run me? OR is there another way to get there? :D

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    How easy is it to get from Milan Orio al Serio to Verona... is there regular buses?

There's no direct bus from Orio al Serio to Verona. You need to go to Milan first.

Milan Orio al Serio is actually not Milan at all. It's in a city north of Milan called Bergamo.

So, your option would be to go from Bergamo airport (Orio al Serio) to Milan, then take the train to Verona. The trains to Verona are pretty frequent.

Here's the bus timetable from Orio al Serio:

http://www.zaniviaggi.it/zani_orari/orio_lambrate/orari_orio_lambrate_stampa.htm

Look at the column on the left, which indicates departures from orio al Serio and then arrivals in Milano C.le (which means Milan Central Train Station). Ignore the middle column for the Milano Lambrate stop.

I already posted the train times from Milan to Verona somewhere else in this thread.

ok, hope this is clear! :D

PS If you still have to book your flight, or if you could change it, Ryanair flies to Brescia which is a stone's throw from Verona.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I'm coming from Amsterdam, so I can get to Verona with Transavia. The Bergamo flight was cheaper, and it looked like it was between milan and veorna on the map, but if you have to go to milan, then it kind of defeats the purpose.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Thanks man! I hope to see you there!! LGT THANKS SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!

Ok, Italy folks... well, Verona folks.. how far is it from the airport to the arena? My hotel is near the arena.... so if I were to take a cab... how much would that run me? OR is there another way to get there? :D

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Will you be coming from the Verona airport Catullo? or the one in Brescia Leonardo da Vinci? They are both really close by.

From Verona Catullo airport, you can take a cab (not sure though about prices), or a bus from the airport to Verona train station. There are buses every 20mins for 4.5 euro.

Yes, distance is only 12km (5 miles)

Check here (it's in English):
    http://www.aeroportoverona.it/page_content.asp

From Brescia Gabriele D'Annunzio airport, I would not recommend a cab because it's less than 50km to Verona city centre, so you could spend a lot. Instead you can take a bus.

http://www.aeroportobrescia.it/page_content.asp

Any more touristy questions, fire away! I am discovering a new calling!! :D:D
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I'm coming from Amsterdam, so I can get to Verona with Transavia. The Bergamo flight was cheaper, and it looked like it was between milan and veorna on the map, but if you have to go to milan, then it kind of defeats the purpose.

Cheers.

You could take a train from Bergamo to Verona. You still have to change in Brescia. There's no direct link really. And I would advice against taking a bus. It would take you forever. Trains are cheap and there are different types (fast, locals, etc.). The only problem is when there are strikes! touch wood.

Here's the train times from Bergamo. Verona train station is Porta Nuova.

http://orario.trenitalia.com/b2c/TimeTable

But yeah, that's why the fares are so cheap because they're not actually flying into Milan, but neighbouring (relatively speaking) cities.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    lgt, you're too good. Thanks a lot! :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    Angus wrote:
    lgt, you're too good. Thanks a lot! :)

Thanks! but really it is not a problem!

also, I am quite bored at work too!! :D
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    Will you be coming from the Verona airport Catullo? or the one in Brescia Leonardo da Vinci? They are both really close by.

From Verona Catullo airport, you can take a cab (not sure though about prices), or a bus from the airport to Verona train station. There are buses every 20mins for 4.5 euro.

Yes, distance is only 12km (5 miles)

Check here (it's in English):
    http://www.aeroportoverona.it/page_content.asp

From Brescia Gabriele D'Annunzio airport, I would not recommend a cab because it's less than 50km to Verona city centre, so you could spend a lot. Instead you can take a bus.

http://www.aeroportobrescia.it/page_content.asp

Any more touristy questions, fire away! I am discovering a new calling!! :D:D

OMG, you are awesome! Ok, I've been looking at my tickets and it doesn't say the name of the airpiort. I just have arriving at Verona, Italy the airport code is VRN??

I'll find out! These links are a major help! THANKS BUNCHES!!
  • Options
    OMG, you are awesome! Ok, I've been looking at my tickets and it doesn't say the name of the airpiort. I just have arriving at Verona, Italy the airport code is VRN??

Then it's the Verona Catullo airport. The one 12km from the city centre. So, an easy cab or bus ride! :)
  • Options
    leash wrote:

Cool! You are doing the Italy shows too :D See you there

Just realised I fly out a week tomorrow! :eek: :eek: :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Cool! You are doing the Italy shows too :D See you there

Long time no speak to. Are you going to Bologna. I need to get rid of two tickets, but I'm not going to the gig. I've had no luck trying to get rid of them on here.
  • Options
    hey, hows it goin? its all so close, what was are u flying to bologna? i'm doing british airways to bologna from gatwick getting in at 6pm ish on the 13th.

• Options
    Where's everyone staying in Verona? Did anyone find any good hostels by any chance? :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options

Awesome! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
  • Options
    we are staying at the hotel piccolo, via camuzzoni in verona. anyone know how far that is from the catullo airport and arena?
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    we are staying at the hotel piccolo, via camuzzoni in verona. anyone know how far that is from the catullo airport and arena?

looks like you're in town, but west of Piazza Bra' where the arena is. Not easy walking distance, as it is a few km.

see here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=1223000&Y=5663000&width=700&height=400&gride=1222098.7657758&gridn=5659529.15632826&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=IT&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&down.x=292&down.y=2
  • Options
    Where's everyone staying in Verona? Did anyone find any good hostels by any chance? :o

you can try this hostel, Villa Francescatti. It's XVIC villa.

http://www.ostellionline.org/ostello.php?idostello=540
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    you can try this hostel, Villa Francescatti. It's XVIC villa.

http://www.ostellionline.org/ostello.php?idostello=540
    Oh thank you :o

It won't let me register though and I think it's saying my postcode is wrong (we don't really have postcodes in Dublin :o ) and I don't have a HI card either! :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Oh thank you :o

It won't let me register though and I think it's saying my postcode is wrong (we don't really have postcodes in Dublin :o ) and I don't have a HI card either! :o
    be careful: if that's the hostel that i know, it closes at midnight. It is also not so close to the arena. I suggest you to talk at the phone with the owners.
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk