Options

*meet-ups in ITALY!*

Comments

• Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    be careful: if that's the hostel that i know, it closes at midnight. It is also not so close to the arena. I suggest you to talk at the phone with the owners.
    Oh really??? I might just do that! thanks.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Where's everyone staying in Verona? Did anyone find any good hostels by any chance? :o

Um... Here! :)
    Not actually a hostel, but next best thing... B+B :D
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    :o I think you're right:

'The only potential cons of this hostel are the early curfew at 1130pm (but I think you can still hang out in the gardens after that time), long lock-out hours (9-5),'

http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/Italy/Veneto/Verona-140824/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Verona-Villa_Francescatti-BR-1.html
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Um... Here! :)
    Not actually a hostel, but next best thing... B+B :D
    Thank you but there's no availability for those nights
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    lgtlgt Posts: 720
    :o I think you're right:

'The only potential cons of this hostel are the early curfew at 1130pm (but I think you can still hang out in the gardens after that time), long lock-out hours (9-5),'

http://www.virtualtourist.com/hotels/Europe/Italy/Veneto/Verona-140824/Hotels_and_Accommodations-Verona-Villa_Francescatti-BR-1.html

I think it's best if you call the owners directly and check.

The link I gave you has a phone # as well as a map of the hostel in respect to Piazza Bra', where the Arena is.

Bars, hotels cater for concert-goers during the opera/concert season in Verona.

I also read in another old thread some fans stayed at that hostel for the 2000 concert.
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    I think it's best if you call the owners directly and check.

The link I gave you has a phone # as well as a map of the hostel in respect to Piazza Bra', where the Arena is.

Bars, hotels cater for concert-goers during the opera/concert season in Verona.

I also read in another old thread some fans stayed at that hostel for the 2000 concert.
    Thanks so much for your help :)

I think I'll probably have an early night the following morning anyway so if I HAVE to stay out all night it probably wouldn't be the end of the world ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your help :)

I think I'll probably have an early night the following morning anyway so if I HAVE to stay out all night it probably wouldn't be the end of the world ;)

If worse comes to worst and you can't find a hostel or B&B, I might be able to offer you a place to sleep. Not in Verona though. Still, it depends on whether I find my misplaced Verona tix and go to the concert!
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    If worse comes to worst and you can't find a hostel or B&B, I might be able to offer you a place to sleep. Not in Verona though. Still, it depends on whether I find my misplaced Verona tix and go to the concert!
    Awww thank you :o that's a lovely offer. I'm sure I'll work something out anyway. I really would love to see Verona too - I've been to Italy twice and never made it to Verona or Venice, which I both really really want to see so hopefully next weekend I can mark ONE of them off my list :)

What are you doing here? Should you not be looking for your ticket? :o I'm sure somebody will help you out if it comes down to it anyway.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Awww thank you :o that's a lovely offer. I'm sure I'll work something out anyway. I really would love to see Verona too - I've been to Italy twice and never made it to Verona or Venice, which I both really really want to see so hopefully next weekend I can mark ONE of them off my list :)

What are you doing here? Should you not be looking for your ticket? :o I'm sure somebody will help you out if it comes down to it anyway.

Unfortunately it got sent to my parents', hence the 'misplacement' ARGH! (I can't bring myself to say lost yet!!!)

Fingers crossed the tix will show up. Otherwise... it's too awful to contemplate. I was even taking my 14-yr old nephew to his first show.. :(

must think positive! :)

Verona and Venice are both lovely town and September is ideal weather. Good luck w/ your accommodation search and let me know if you have problems!
  • Options
    lgt wrote:
    Unfortunately it got sent to my parents', hence the 'misplacement' ARGH! (I can't bring myself to say lost yet!!!)

Fingers crossed the tix will show up. Otherwise... it's too awful to contemplate. I was even taking my 14-yr old nephew to his first show.. :(

must think positive! :)

Verona and Venice are both lovely town and September is ideal weather. Good luck w/ your accommodation search and let me know if you have problems!
    Oh don't worry, it will all work out :o . Wow, bringing your 14 year old nephew? That's so nice. Well thank you, keep thinking positive and I'm sure I can send some positive thoughts your way too :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Helen... you're coming to the Italian shows?!

:eek:
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Oh don't worry, it will all work out :o . Wow, bringing your 14 year old nephew? That's so nice. Well thank you, keep thinking positive and I'm sure I can send some positive thoughts your way too :D

cheers! :)

yeah, it's a b-day treat! hoping he'll duly appreciate and become as PJ obsessive as me!! :D
  • Options
    meme wrote:

:D I'll know for definite tomorrow... it will just be Verona if I am.

You going to Verona?

lgt... once you've seen PJ I think its a bit of a life changing thing.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I am!

Look for the girl beside the 7feet guy :)

And will I be looking for the cute one in a green PJ shirt?

:p
    :D I'll know for definite tomorrow... it will just be Verona if I am.

You going to Verona?

lgt... once you've seen PJ I think its a bit of a life changing thing.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    I am arriving in Pistoia on the 19th and I need some suggestions on cheap places to stay......I would appreciate any and all help.
  • Options
    Long time no speak to. Are you going to Bologna. I need to get rid of two tickets, but I'm not going to the gig. I've had no luck trying to get rid of them on here.

Hi Neil :) I am going, yes. Hmm I don't know anyone who wants tix to that gig I don't think. I can't believe no one wants them on here though! :eek:
    How come you aren't going to the gig now? You are doing a few in Italy though if I remember right. Gotta see the two mad Scotsmen ;):D:D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    leash wrote:
    hey, hows it goin? its all so close, what was are u flying to bologna? i'm doing british airways to bologna from gatwick getting in at 6pm ish on the 13th.

We arrive really late on the 13th, around midnight I think. Not sure of the details, Heather booked flights :)
    Be cool to meet on the 14th though pre-gig :D
    I think your friend Steve was a little disappointed to not be doing more shows.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    ok all, meet-up spots are all SET! we now have pistoia all arranged as well:

Bar Duomo
    Piazza Duomo
    Tel. 0573/24660

The bar is open during the concert season (there's a summer blues festival in Pistoia) and it will be open when PJ will be playing. It's on the square itself so it will be easy to find!

can't ask for a better/easier spot, right on the piazza square! the last show, last gathering in italy...shall be GREAT! :cool:

i leave for italy on the 11th, wooohoooooo! seeya all there! :cool:

*edit - do make note for those going to verona...the time for the pre-show meet-up has been set for 4:30/16:30, seemed logical to set it a bit later than 3:00/15:00 since that would be quite a long time...and we have no worries timewise being a non-GA show. tis another meet-up spot VERY close to the venue, so easy easy!

***to clarify, ALL meet-ups are post-gig....meaning after each show! the only exception is verona, with both pre and post meet-ups. all other cities, AFTER the pearl jam shows, head to the meet-up spots. otheriwse, i assumed all would be out exploring the respective city and/or queuing up on the 10c line for early entry, thus no time for pre-show meets. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    meme wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. Looking forward to meeting you in Verona, HH. Just a week now. See everyone there!!

:D:D
  • Options
    Ok one more question for you Italy folks, I'm staying at this hotel:

HOTEL SIENA
    Via Marconi, 41
    37122 VERONA - ITALY

So how far is that from the arena?

Thanks again to everyone who is answering all of our questions!
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    Ok one more question for you Italy folks, I'm staying at this hotel:

HOTEL SIENA
    Via Marconi, 41
    37122 VERONA - ITALY

So how far is that from the arena?

Thanks again to everyone who is answering all of our questions!

that's pretty close. check it out here:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=1222000.92451514&Y=5660000.13549389&width=700&height=400&gride=1223073.92451514&gridn=5660084.13549389&srec=0&coordsys=mercator&db=IT&addr1=&addr2=via+marconi+41&addr3=verona&pc=37122&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&multimap.x=549&multimap.y=149

it's west of piazza Bra', walking distance.

you're set! :)

hope to see you guys in Verona (no sighting of the tix yet...)

Laura
  • Options
    Thanks Laura you are awesome! I hope to see yah in Italy!!!
  • Options
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    I think I'm all set for Verona. I need to book something in Milan though. I'm only staying there I believe one night. What's near the venue??
  • Options
    Yes, I think Ill be there, in Verona, with a bunch of ppl im meeting there and all...
    I know where Zac is, its so cute :)
    Looking forward to this...so soon...

Also, Milan is another show Im going to in Italy, so I guess I'll see you all there too. :D

Sid
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    I think I'm all set for Verona. I need to book something in Milan though. I'm only staying there I believe one night. What's near the venue??

The venue is in Assago, which is south of Milan. You can find hotels there.

Check here for suggestions:

http://www.venere.com/sitemap/index.php?lg=it&country=italia&city=assago&kr=1

Laura
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    I am!

Look for the girl beside the 7feet guy :)

And will I be looking for the cute one in a green PJ shirt?

:p
    :eek: Lol, yip that will be me :D

Don't worry I'll show ya some pics of me before then anyway. I think I've seen some of you before.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dreadisdreadis Posts: 109
    Is anyone camping on this tour?? My brother and I will be for every italian show...it's going to be wicked, specially in Verona...2 days next to a lake :)...Plus, it's extremely cheap!
    '96_londonx2
    '00_salzburg_ljubljana_verona_milano
    '06_bologna_verona_milano_torino_pistoia_zagreb

My trading page: http://db.etree.org/dreadis
  • Options
    rogue1 wrote:
    I am arriving in Pistoia on the 19th and I need some suggestions on cheap places to stay......I would appreciate any and all help.

Hi,

There's a residence:
    RESIDENCE IN (PISTOIA)
    ASSOCIAZIONE TURISMO E TEMPO LIBERO - DIOCESI DI P
    Residence
    Via Puccini Niccolo' 38 - 51100 (PISTOIA)

But I am not sure how much they charge.

Alternatively:
    AFFITTA CAMERE IN (PISTOIA) [affittacamere means they rent out rooms in houses, basically B&B, but w/ no breakfast!)
    SANDRA TORRIGIANI
    Affitta Camere
    via montalbano N°27 - 51100 (PISTOIA)

BED AND BREAKFAST IN (PISTOIA)
    MULINO DEL GABBIONE
    Bed And Breakfast
    Via del mulino,3/5 - 51030 Baggio - Fraz. di (PISTOIA) [this however, is not in the town centre, so you will need to arrange travel to get there]

Try this link for other options:
    http://www.mikazul.com/elenco_Hotel_Residence_Agriturismo_Pensioni_Ristoranti_B&B_Villaggi_Camping/pistoia-4,5546,0.html

FYI, agriturismo is basically a B&B in the countryside, so while excellent when on holiday, unless you have a car it is not advisable in this occasion.

Cheers,
    Laura :)
  • Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. Looking forward to meeting you in Verona, HH. Just a week now. See everyone there!!

:D:D
    Oh holy fuck!!!!!!!! Too excited for words now, lol. Definitely have the ticket so just a matter of booking the flight and accommodation shouldn't be a problem :) . Looking forward to meeting you too :D

Laura I hope ya get sorted.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life