london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
    drinking until 5 am monday am will probably be the way to go, wake up at 3pm, head to wembley....sounds like a plan....
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    mnjamfan wrote:
    drinking until 5 am monday am will probably be the way to go, wake up at 3pm, head to wembley....sounds like a plan....
    Uhm, Ill just head over to Wembley and sleep there. In the line ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
    sounds good, save me a spot :)
  • given to flygiven to fly Posts: 654
    Yeah I think the tubes start at 5:30 or 6. I remember they weren't open when we left a club at 4am definitely.

ahhh but that was a sunday. but yes, i think 5.30-6 is right.
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Why am I only dixcovering this thread now? Can I come to the party? :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    NO. too late

;)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

Aawww Hitch.. you've always been a bit slow and confused :D Do join us, if you can find the venue! :D
    redrock wrote:
    Aawww Hitch.. you've always been a bit slow and confused :D Do join us, if you can find the venue! :D
    Yay!!! I'm sure I'll find it. I'm arriving that morning and I'll have Helen as a guide.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Yay!!! I'm sure I'll find it. I'm arriving that morning and I'll have Helen as a guide.

well i think i'll be meeting you and Helen quite early then!!! official time/plan is 5.30-6pm at Waxy O'Connors but as i get in around 2pm-ish i think i'll go to my room, dump stuff and then maybe have a couple of slow pints whilst watching the world go by
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    well i think i'll be meeting you and Helen quite early then!!! official time/plan is 5.30-6pm at Waxy O'Connors but as i get in around 2pm-ish i think i'll go to my room, dump stuff and then maybe have a couple of slow pints whilst watching the world go by

Same here, I think we arrive about 2:30 ish and then same plan of a couple of beers. After spending almost 5 hrs on a coach I think I will need it :p
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    dunkman wrote:
    Me and Helen are on the same flight too, so we'll both be around early aswell. Is your floor still open for sleeping on Dunk?
    Is your floor still open for sleeping on Dunk?

i think so dude... i mentioned it to my pal but he was a bit non-responsive about it... but i'll mention it again and get back to you asap.

dont think there'd be any probs though
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    i think so dude... i mentioned it to my pal but he was a bit non-responsive about it... but i'll mention it again and get back to you asap.

dont think there'd be any probs though
    Cool, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing yet either tbh, but it would be very handy.
    Same here, I think we arrive about 2:30 ish and then same plan of a couple of beers. After spending almost 5 hrs on a coach I think I will need it :p

well thats cool... we'll arrange something for the early birds in the next few weeks.. i'd quite like to maybe get together with you lot and then we could find a pub and get some food in our bellies before we hit the pre-meet proper?

sound ok?
  • newagehippienewagehippie Posts: 749
    anyone have an extra round trip airline tix from the states?? :rolleyes:
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
    Sorry Casey, can't help you there. Although I'm pretty sure I owe you a pint from last summer, so if you make it, I'll get the first round in :)
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    dunkman wrote:
    well thats cool... we'll arrange something for the early birds in the next few weeks.. i'd quite like to maybe get together with you lot and then we could find a pub and get some food in our bellies before we hit the pre-meet proper?

sound ok?

Yeah sounds good, will have to double check coach times but I think I got them right :confused:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.

*looks down back of couch*

nope :(
    Sorry Casey, can't help you there. Although I'm pretty sure I owe you a pint from last summer, so if you make it, I'll get the first round in :)

Are you going to lolla, or did I make that up?-
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

You made that up. :p Helen's going though.
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    No, Barry's coming to Lolla... ya know, Leash?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    You can do it without flying.. will be much cheaper http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    redrock wrote:
    You can do it without flying.. will be much cheaper http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

link didnt work but i know what you are aiming at.
    go to google maps, and then to 'get directions' and then put in new york to london and scroll to point 24 on the directions :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    link didnt work but i know what you are aiming at.
    go to google maps, and then to 'get directions' and then put in new york to london and scroll to point 24 on the directions :)
    From Kentucky my friend, from Kentucky.... :D Gotta give our friend NAH all the options.. we want him here.... :D
    redrock wrote:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

how long would it take to swim 3.462 miles across the ocean??

From KY to London, google says it will take (about 29 days and 22 hours..)

I'm off......see yas in a month...
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

how long would it take to swim 3.462 miles across the ocean??

From KY to London, google says it will take (about 29 days and 22 hours..)

I'm off......see yas in a month...
    But you're a strong swimmer, you could probably do it quicker.... meet you in Dover on Thursday 7th June.. That will give you a few days to rest and do some sightseeing before the gig!! :D
  • Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Oooh can I join you guys at Waxy O'Connors pleeeeease?! I have no idea where that is, but when I have the energy I will search through this thread to find directions :D (if there are any....)

Are we thinking I'll know you guys when I see you?
    Oooh can I join you guys at Waxy O'Connors pleeeeease?! I have no idea where that is, but when I have the energy I will search through this thread to find directions :D (if there are any....)

Are we thinking I'll know you guys when I see you?

its on the 1st post of the thread i believe :)
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    its on the 1st post of the thread i believe :)

you believe correctly, i believe.

yerp... bumpin' again...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Excellent, very handy. Thanks! Can't wait :D