Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    depending on my train times and sorting out a place to stay then i'll be out on the Sunday night :cool:

but must we meet in an Irish bar ;) actually that pub looks great... shuts at 10.30pm though :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    depending on my train times and sorting out a place to stay then i'll be out on the Sunday night :cool:

but must we meet in an Irish bar ;) actually that pub looks great... shuts at 10.30pm though :confused:

no good! :( that would be the earliest time i can make it :p
    stood at the top of the hill over my town i was found. finding myself used to be hard but now i see the light. this is music.
  • Options
    That's the problem with a Sunday .. finding a good pub that stays open after 10.30pm! :rolleyes:

Where are all the Londoners??..
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Anyone recommend a hotel thats NOT already booked up :D
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    I'm driving up on the Monday but if anyone wants to meet up for a beer in a boozer at Wembley then i'm there.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    LukinTimer wrote:
    Perfect! I think the Wishlist Foundation is planning an "official PJ Pre-party" for Munich, maybe they'll do the same in London???

Either way, it's going to be great. Just keep us posted, we'll be there!

Can't wait!

really?

interesting. well not to get into all 'that'....and i am from the states, but i hope if they DO for anywhere in europe..that it is actually to raise money for charities that exist in EUROPE...rahter than once again for only the northwest chapter of the CCFA...or only a small percentage for a local chapter. sure, it's cool to support an organization mike supports, but there are PLENTY of worthy charities out there, and yea, be nice since we'll be IN europe...to give support to european charities. :)

that said...that pub mentioned, waxy somethin'...sounds good! :) and sure, i always forget the rest of the world isn't like NYC...it really IS the city that never sleeps, and bars are open until 4 here, they might close at 1am on sundays...but 10:30? :rolleyes: hahahaha. we'll work it out. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    Anyone recommend a hotel thats NOT already booked up :D

I'm staying in the Euro Wembley hotel, it's near the arena & cheap! Only 2*
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    few of us are stayin in ibis. i dont think its fully booked
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    travelodge has loads of rooms at £26 on the night before the gig and the night itself.

Wembley for £26
    Kings Cross £26
    Farringdon £26

its only a bed, and thats per room.. £13 each if sharing :eek:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    If you book it normally, it comes up £70 a night so what are you doing differently?!
  • Options
    If you book it normally, it comes up £70 a night so what are you doing differently?!

you can either seach using the £26 banner on the left
    or from the homepage i just typed in Wembley and then did the date of the gig!!!

i actually cant get it to show a normal price? which leads me to ask how you are doing it? :D
  • Options
    WTF ... 26 a night ?
    Mine is working out at 80 a night (pounds) in the Ibis ! and that was through some discount site.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    i've just booked Farringdon Travelodge for £26 on the sunday and monday nights :cool:

sharing with my friend so total cost is only £26 each!!! thats beaut!

central as well.. in fact i stayed there after the Astoria gig :):)
  • Options
    dd123dd123 Posts: 9
    yep, ive just had a look, and its 26 sovs for me as well...which is nice
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i've just booked Farringdon Travelodge for £26 on the sunday and monday nights :cool:

sharing with my friend so total cost is only £26 each!!! thats beaut!

central as well.. in fact i stayed there after the Astoria gig :):)

Bargain!!!! Nice one for finding that cheeky little place, im there..............
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    I can't decide where to book. I mean, anywhere's going to be better than the £20 youth hostel I stayed at for the Astoria (mmm, bunkbeds...).
    But the important question is...which will have the better party, Ibis or Farringdon Travelodge? Or should I just get drunk and pass out in the dustbin outside the pub? :)
  • Options
    I can't decide where to book. I mean, anywhere's going to be better than the £20 youth hostel I stayed at for the Astoria (mmm, bunkbeds...).
    But the important question is...which will have the better party, Ibis or Farringdon Travelodge? Or should I just get drunk and pass out in the dustbin outside the pub? :)

I've gone for the Ibis... nice and close for the gig day (which means nearby toilets while sat around waiting :) )
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    I've gone for the Ibis... nice and close for the gig day (which means nearby toilets while sat around waiting :) )

I should've gone for the Ibis since so many people seem to be staying there (didn't know there was one until after booking though)
    Oh well, my hotel's just next door to the Ibis so I'll just party with you lot and find my way back to my room at some point :D
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Options

you asked which will have the better party? there's scottish guys staying at the Farringdon (central london)... nuff said :cool: ;)
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    dunkman wrote:
    you asked which will have the better party? there's scottish guys staying at the Farringdon (central london)... nuff said :cool: ;)
    oi!

scottish contongent at the ibis too!!! i.e me
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    we won't meet at wembley...more than likely a centrally located, easily accessible pub. :) it WILL be a blast! :cool:

post-gig party, i would think? maybe close to wembley...but what do i know? i haven't been back in the UK in 15+ years...i can't wait!
    There'll be pre and post parties... us Londoners know how to take care of visitors!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There'll be pre and post parties... us Londoners know how to take care of visitors!

I'm so confused right now! I dunno when i'm arriving in London, dunno where I'm staying, dunno how long I'm staying for... and now I'm starting to panic... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

edit- in conclusion, party = goooooooood!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options

i'm booked in from the Sunday now... i remember at the Astoria being knackered as i'd travelled all day and never had a minute to soak everything in... now i'll be in Londinium from the Monday morning all fresh and daisy like :cool:

well i'll probably have a fucking hangover or something but i wont be travelling all day at least :)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunno when i'm arriving in London
    You need to be here for the 18th.
    Jennytree wrote:
    dunno where I'm staying,
    There will be bed/floor space somewhere....

Jennytree wrote:
    dunno how long I'm staying for
    As long as you want... how many days off work are you taking?

Jennytree wrote:
    I'm starting to panic... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Chill..... You have MONTHS to think about all of this....
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    You need to be here for the 18th.
    well, that would be the most important date to be there, now wouldn't it!!

redrock wrote:
    There will be bed/floor space somewhere....
    Thats cool - that can be last minute panic stations backup! :D

redrock wrote:
    As long as you want... how many days off work are you taking?
    About 3 weeks?? Remember I'm also going to Munich, katowice, maybe austria, Copenhagen and Nijmegen too!
    redrock wrote:

Chill..... You have MONTHS to think about all of this....

That I do.. but I need to get started, so that I can work out the cost of all these shenanigans! I think the London show is the one I'm least panicked aboot though!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    How about we all take over this place on the Sunday night ??.. http://www.aintnothinbut.co.uk/ :cool:

A "friend of a friend" told me this place is brilliant. Live music every night - free admission on a Sunday. Also open till midnight too which is pretty good since most places shut at 10.30pm Sundays (or earlier!) Found a review here: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_1985.html

Any of you Londoners know this bar??
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Also open till midnight too which is pretty good since most places shut at 10.30pm Sundays (or earlier!)

half TEN?! WTF?! I've never heard anything so ridiculous!! :confused:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    half TEN?! WTF?! I've never heard anything so ridiculous!! :confused:
    Licensing laws - Sundays are a bummer for late opening :rolleyes:
    Clubs are different, (probably find a gay bar open ;)) don't know about the rest of you but I'm not really into the clubbing scene.
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Clubs are different, (probably find a gay bar open ;)) don't know about the rest of you but I'm not really into the clubbing scene.

Surely there will be somewhere open later that isn't a club.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options

I'm up for anything with some fun - anywhere with a jukebox and good rockin' songs would be quite delightful though but I'll go where I'm told :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!