Options

london 17/06/07...pre-show party!

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    5 weeks! people!

:D:D:D:D:D
    we'll all be fairly plastered, or pissed as you UKers like to say..........
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Five weeks? Time is passing fast. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    Five weeks? Time is passing fast. :)
    Four now :cool:
  • Options
    Laura_JayneLaura_Jayne Posts: 165
    Erm, so I might have accidentally booked tickets to see Muse on the Sunday night. Aswell as the Saturday. What can I say? Biffy Clyro were announced as support!!

Any chance I can slip out of the gig early & come & meet you guys? This might involve taking some mobile numbers though to see where you guys are.

Anyone trust lil' old me?
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    Erm, so I might have accidentally booked tickets to see Muse on the Sunday night. Aswell as the Saturday. What can I say? Biffy Clyro were announced as support!!

Any chance I can slip out of the gig early & come & meet you guys? This might involve taking some mobile numbers though to see where you guys are.

You should def come to the party after the Muse show. I'll email you my mobile number. I didnt already? :( Sorry about that. COming your way now :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    Excellent :D I figure I can be out by, like, 10pm. You guys will still be partying then right? Might have to down a few vodka's to catch up hehe x
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    loads of people coming to this sunday night meet up it seems :):)

people who know people.. please share your mobile numbers or as americans say cell numbers... just so we can all have the greatest time since Eve said to Adam "and what does this long pink thing do?"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    (UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234

You want to slip out of Muse early!!! :eek: :D

Will you be on your own?
    I'm going to see Muse with my daughter on Saturday .. she's going again on Sunday with the boyfriend and "probably" coming to our little party afterwards so if you want someone to travel the tube with from wembley I can give you her number. There must be a few people on here doing the Muse /Pearl Jam double don't you think??
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
    Hi guys....2 questions, first, does Waxy O'Connor's know that we are going to be coming on Sunday night? If not, we should probably drop them an email, they might want to have some extra staff working that night....so that we can get drunk in a timely manner....secondly (excuse my ignorance), but will they be serving beer at Wembley? Not that i'm a total drunk or anything (maybe), but I've never been to a concert in the UK and don't know what the situation is....thanks!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    Four now :cool:

Yay!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    mnjamfan wrote:
    Hi guys....2 questions, first, does Waxy O'Connor's know that we are going to be coming on Sunday night? If not, we should probably drop them an email, they might want to have some extra staff working that night....so that we can get drunk in a timely manner....secondly (excuse my ignorance), but will they be serving beer at Wembley? Not that i'm a total drunk or anything (maybe), but I've never been to a concert in the UK and don't know what the situation is....thanks!

waxy's is a massive pub... but it might be an idea... although i'd hate to email them and say there's 80 people coming and only 4 turn up and 3 of them are on Diet Cokes...

and yes, beer is always served at UK gigs... its normally overpriced, but its available
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Will you be on your own?
    I'm going to see Muse with my daughter on Saturday .. she's going again on Sunday with the boyfriend and "probably" coming to our little party afterwards so if you want someone to travel the tube with from wembley I can give you her number. There must be a few people on here doing the Muse /Pearl Jam double don't you think??

I will be on my own yes. That's a good idea, thank you for thinking of me :) Would you suggest it to her & see what she says?
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    :( Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to join the part on the Sunday. I didn't realise it was Father's Day that Sunday, thought it was the one after :rolleyes:

So looks like I'll be heading to London on the Monday.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    :( Well it doesn't look like I'll be able to join the part on the Sunday. I didn't realise it was Father's Day that Sunday, thought it was the one after :rolleyes:

Let's see...

Dad...PJ...Dad...PJ...

My dad called PJ a nondescript metal band...so...PJ! :D Obviously he is very ignorant on this matter, and i'm too lazy to try and educate him.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    waxy's is a massive pub... but it might be an idea... although i'd hate to email them and say there's 80 people coming and only 4 turn up and 3 of them are on Diet Cokes...

and yes, beer is always served at UK gigs... its normally overpriced, but its available

verona...we were easily 30 people, maybe more...and sure, i was drinking diet coke...mixed heavily with bacardi. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options

Fathers Day is every year... PJ is, on average, every 6

sorry dad, i have malaria this weekend.. i'll see you soon ;)
  • Options
    all know the love/respect/honor i have for my own father...and good fathers in general, but yes...i DO think it more than possible to honor/celebrate dad the day before, or even early in the day.....the meet-up isn't until 6 pm! or, even show up for the meet a bit later, say 8 or 9 pm. i don't know about the rest of you, but back when we had reason to celebrate father's day, we went out to brunch/lunch or dinner...and that was that, it certainly never lasted beyond say 8pm. so it IS possible to celebrate AND come out and party with your fellow fans too! :cool:

just a thought........;)
    i hope to see as many of you there as possible!

:)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    This sound like a good idea...I'm flying in from Sweden by myself, would definitely be nice to grab a few pints with my fellow PJ friends. Have no idea where this place is, but it can't be too hard to find, or can it?
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    its_ok wrote:
    This sound like a good idea...I'm flying in from Sweden by myself, would definitely be nice to grab a few pints with my fellow PJ friends. Have no idea where this place is, but it can't be too hard to find, or can it?

details are on the first page, but i dont think it is too hard to find. People around here will help you out to find it
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    all know the love/respect/honor i have for my own father...and good fathers in general, but yes...i DO think it more than possible to honor/celebrate dad the day before, or even early in the day.....the meet-up isn't until 6 pm! or, even show up for the meet a bit later, say 8 or 9 pm. i don't know about the rest of you, but back when we had reason to celebrate father's day, we went out to brunch/lunch or dinner...and that was that, it certainly never lasted beyond say 8pm. so it IS possible to celebrate AND come out and party with your fellow fans too! :cool:

just a thought........;)
    i hope to see as many of you there as possible!

:)

I do see you point as being very valid but unfortunately I live a good 2 hours away from London plus they are doing track works near where I live and
    the trains aren't running on Sundays :) So I'm stuck til Monday :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    I do see you point as being very valid but unfortunately I live a good 2 hours away from London plus they are doing track works near where I live and

give fathers day a miss, and get drunk with us, you know u want to
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    (UK)_foxymop(UK)_foxymop Posts: 234
    I will be on my own yes. That's a good idea, thank you for thinking of me :) Would you suggest it to her & see what she says?
    Have sent you a pm :)
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options

bummer.
    well can't ya go and invite dad to do something on saturday in celebration instead? then take the train to london afterwards? i mean dunky does make a good point: father's day is every year, a pearl jam show in your own country, much more rare. perhaps he would understand that? i mean sure, you're talking about meeting up with fans, but it IS all part of the whole concert experience imho. anyhoo....you will be missed if ya can't make it, but definitely see you on the queue! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Hey, is it Father's Day or Fathers' Day ? At least two of us are fathers so why not come out on the Sunday and celebrate with us...? It sort of counts... ;)

Who else is a dad ? We can sit together with our pipes, slippers and cardies and everyone else can buy us drinks while we tell interesting stories of the old days... :D

I remember when...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    Hey, is it Father's Day or Fathers' Day ? At least two of us are fathers so why not come out on the Sunday and celebrate with us...? It sort of counts... ;)

Who else is a dad ? We can sit together with our pipes, slippers and cardies and everyone else can buy us drinks while we tell interesting stories of the old days... :D

I remember when...

hey muthafucking JRD... i'm a dad :)

and my friend i'm bringing is a dad

i'll bring some old copies of Color CLimax... they don't make them like that anymore :)
  • Options
    PJgirl01PJgirl01 Posts: 21
    Hey all, i'll be flying in to London on the 16th. Where are people staying? any good advice? I look forward to meeting fellow PJ fans cuz they're always cool in my experience.
    They just dont understand what it means to love some silly little peice of music, or some band, so much that it HURTS.
  • Options
    hmmmmm...it would be just about 5 AM on monday, 18th of june...would we all be stumbling about to find some sleep after a heavy night of drinking/socializing with all our fellow crazed fans....and/or make our way onto the wembley queue? :p

3 weeks!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    leashleash Posts: 79
    Hey all, if anyone is free on Saturday 16th of june two nights before wembley, a friend and i are going to see this amazing band from Denmark called the Kissaway trail they are playing in london at a venue called the luminaire, its going to be an amazing night, check out their myspace and if u want to join us give me a shout.

http://www.myspace.com/thekissawaytrail
    ......we were but stones, your light made us stars......

2005 - Kitchener/London/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006 - Astoria/Dublin/Leeds/Reading/Bologna/Verona/Milan/Torino
    2007 - London/Copenhagen/Lollapalooza!!!

http://www.myspace.com/afraid_not_scared
  • Options
    vivifluviviflu Posts: 122
    sisyphe wrote:
    I'd be glad to meet jammers from around the globe.

How about meeting at Waxy O'Connor?

http://www.waxyoconnors.co.uk/london/index.asp

It's very centrallylocated, BIG (numerous bars) and they've good craic (if I remember correctly...alcohol might have something to do with the fun) :D

and guess what.. not even 20 days left :D
    Fighting fire with fire since world's birth, bumping into the same stone over and over again... and we call this evolution?
  • Options
    spina81spina81 Posts: 18
    Sorry guys to ask this again, just wanted double check.....are all jammers still going to meet at Waxy O'Connor's on the 17th June???
    From what time are you going to be there???

thx
    Keep on rockin'
    Crazy Mary