Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

Had to listen to this because I was going through it with a couple of bozos. And I am happy I did. Without a doubt the strongest unmasked album. The last two songs are weak, but the rest hold up. Could ”Who Wants to be Lonely” be the greatest love song of the 80s after ”Total Eclipse of the Heart”... hmm
    I think "I hate myself for loving you" by Joan Jett holds that honor. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021

Some ”Before-We-Finally-Find-Out-Who-Murdered-Prime-Minister-Olof-Palme” Spinning. I guess this is the closest to Olof Palme as I get in my record collection. With the movie having to be recut after it suggested Palme was buying prositutes and his family objected to it. No one captures Sweden in a filmic way as Mikael Marcimain but I think the movie somewhat fails with it being in a parallell universe with made up political parties and made up politicians etc. Should have gone all Zodiac - 1:1 to reality.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    PJ Vitalogy 
  • Options

Some Tori Amos-Thursday Spinning. The greatest album of the 90s. I like how the vinyl cover differs from the CD. A CD cover should never be an exact replica of the vinyl-art, only shrunk down. Pearl Jam taught us that in 1991.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Greatest Album of the 90s - Bold statement 
  • Options
    I've thought about this often and I always come back to Wildflowers by TP. 
  • Options
    Yeah. But fun to state.
  • Options

Some Last-Workday-Of-The-Week Spinning. Banged up copy. One of the inner sleeves is missing. But it plays. Maybe should get the repress. The fourth side should have contained more live songs instead of the studio cuts.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great album. My choice would be Jane’s Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual. I can still listen to that album straight through 30 years later and feel emotionally spent. Been Caught Stealing is my least favourite track - that’s how good it is. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Great album. My choice would be Jane’s Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual. I can still listen to that album straight through 30 years later and feel emotionally spent. Been Caught Stealing is my least favourite track - that’s how good it is. 
    I agree Ritual is a great album.  I guess what WF does for me is that it runs the range of human emotions.  Every song feels so personal from Tom, as he was moving through his divorce.  JA is definitely a great record, but it doesn't touch me as much as WF.  

FWIW, I always preferred Nothing's Shocking.  Other entries for me would be Vs, Superunknown, Crash, EC Unplugged and Achtung Baby.  I'm sure I'm missing a lot in there though.  Oh, and any Kiss album that was released, if any.  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    mrussel1 said:
    Got that sucker on cassette a few years ago. Never heard all those songs. Really epic front to back. Chills when cranked.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I agree Ritual is a great album.  I guess what WF does for me is that it runs the range of human emotions.  Every song feels so personal from Tom, as he was moving through his divorce.  JA is definitely a great record, but it doesn't touch me as much as WF.  

FWIW, I always preferred Nothing's Shocking.  Other entries for me would be Vs, Superunknown, Crash, EC Unplugged and Achtung Baby.  I'm sure I'm missing a lot in there though.  Oh, and any Kiss album that was released, if any.  
    My wife wants Wildflowers on vinyl. I’ll have to dig pretty deep. Sounds like an Xmas present that I can also enjoy lol
    Nothings Shocking is also fantastic... might be my favourite record of the 80s although it’s a dogfight with Ministry’s A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.

Other entries for me:
    Day for Night - The Tragically Hip
    All of em - PJ 90s releases
    OK Computer - Radiohead
    Jar of Flies - Alice in Chains 
    Unplugged - Nirvana 
    Troublegum - Therapy? 
    Rust in Peace - Megadeth 

just like you I am sure there are some missing here

Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Got that sucker on cassette a few years ago. Never heard all those songs. Really epic front to back. Chills when cranked.
    Nice! Three Days cranked on a good stereo is just amazing. It’s an 11 minute song that leaves you wanting more... I usually play Side B right through and then play Three Days again lol
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ^^^good one^^^
    I'm kicking it down a notch with killer ray charles, 'crying time' baby. Bad sad blues. Really worth a spin if you dont know it.

• Options
    deadendp said:

I love that record,  although I haven't listened in a few years.  I over played it.
  • Options
    trying to find my groove. This is oh so pretty.
  • Options
    His first show in Europe and, in my opinion,  one of the greatest live rock shows ever recorded. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options

Some Freddy-Friday Spinning. I’ve finally realised why Vinnie Vincent got a song on here. His record company - Chrysalis - put out the soundtrack. For being pushed on the cover it’s not featured much at all in the film. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Lost Dogs 
  • Options

• Options

Bowie is so creative. I was on a kick for a while. Hunky dory is fantastic too. There is a song on there that metallica picked off a riff from. I think it's the song Andy Warhol. 
  • Options

Wow. I dont even have that cd anymore. I wish I was your neighbor. If you crank that I'm sure the dishes will rattle out of the cabinets. Did you listen to skinny puppy too?

Dig it, dig it!

I went to see skinny puppy and some karate dude caught a groove, squashed me and picked me up by my face...that's talent.
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Loujoe said:

Wow. I dont even have that cd anymore. I wish I was your neighbor. If you crank that I'm sure the dishes will rattle out of the cabinets. Did you listen to skinny puppy too?

Dig it, dig it!

I went to see skinny puppy and some karate dude caught a groove, squashed me and picked me up by my face...that's talent.
    I found this one yesterday, had not heard this album for years. One of 1,500 copies of this RE by MusicOnVinyl found at a local independent record shop. Sounded great.  
    This may sound odd as Skinny Puppy is Canadian and credited with innovating the industrial sound but I never listened to them.  
    Grew up in small town Alberta/BC so couldn’t go to a lot of shows as a kid. 
    Im thinking it’s about time. I’ll listen to some on Spotify when driving around for work next week. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on