Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    mrussel1 said:
    First pressing.  It's really nice sounding.   Fortunate to have a clean version. 

just picked up a used copy myself. had a hard time searching for the correct version. have the black and red label....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Hmmm^ have to check that one out. Found his live box set and spun a little. He's a great storyteller.
    Which box set?

Excellent versions, but just average wax.  Of course that record was a monster seller.  

If you like Bruce’s lyrics, the the Wild, Innocent is for you.  While Born to Run gets all of the attention, I prefer this record, the one right before BTR.  I think it’s his most cinematic record.  Every song is a movie, telling seven different stories, all about Jersey and New York.  You can practically smell the cotton candy during Sandy (4th of July).
    Cool thx for info. Always tend to brush off Bruce but maybe it's time to dig a little deeper.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    First pressing.  It's really nice sounding.   Fortunate to have a clean version. 

Nice, I have a 1st pressing as well. My go to for the Doors however are the AP 45rpm versions, they are phenominal.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    mickeyrat said:

Had to look up the red/black thing.  Not a lot out there but it appears it is a well regarded pressing from the 80s, is that right?
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Nice, I have a 1st pressing as well. My go to for the Doors however are the AP 45rpm versions, they are phenominal.
    Interesting.  Mine is a monarch which seems to be the one to have.  Give me a score 1 to 10 for your original vs the AP please.  Is it worth the 50 or 60 bucks and moving to a 45, which means getting your ass up more often?

Also, if you have all of the original and AP, which one do you find has the biggest improvement?  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,979
    Bobs 80s rocks.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Had to look up the red/black thing.  Not a lot out there but it appears it is a well regarded pressing from the 80s, is that right?
    not sure on other opinions but to my ear it sounds good.

couple defects on side two. a cut and a scratch in two songs. first one (a cut) causes skip in back door man. the other on take it as it comes , you simply hear it for a bit until it clears.

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655

Very nice choice!!! I saw them in Calgary at the jubilee auditorium. One of the best concerts I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Interesting.  Mine is a monarch which seems to be the one to have.  Give me a score 1 to 10 for your original vs the AP please.  Is it worth the 50 or 60 bucks and moving to a 45, which means getting your ass up more often?

Also, if you have all of the original and AP, which one do you find has the biggest improvement?  
    I haven't A/B them in a while. Will do that for you.
  • Options
    Max Martin can do no wrong. And the same applies to Taytay.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MedozK said:

Still can't get myself to open mine, cause I can hear all the tracks on other releases.
    the mixes are noticeably different.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    MedozK said:

Still can't get myself to open mine, cause I can hear all the tracks on other releases.
    the mixes are noticeably different.
    Is that right?  Checking the credits, it shows RL mastered it, but it doesn't say anything about a new mix.  And the engineers listed appear to be all of the original names.  Maybe you're hearing a better mastering rather than a mix?
  • Options

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    "You walked right by me and now I'm dead" isn't the mastering.  That's a remix.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    woooaaah yeeaaahha ahhha. I fix this this THIS!!!

• Options

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    Moses Sumney-grae 
  • Options
    grrrrreeat song. LEMMY!
  • Options
    Tearing through my 45s. Was happy to find this sucker at a garage sale covered in mouse droppings for a buck.
  • Options

• Options
    kinda lame rock, but sounds really dynamic compared to the other few I just spun. Some records sounds just jump right off the wax.
  • Options
    May 30th said:
    Moses Sumney-grae
  • Options
    Don't know that one^^^blues?
  • Options

• Options

• Options