Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021

Some Saturday Spinning. Short but sweet.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,795
    inspired by cdthomas. Killer
  • Options

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Some Swedish-Sunday Spinning. Aldrig riktigt engagerat mig i Imperiet. Men jag tycker den här skivan är intressant. PARTY IN A DUST BIN.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2020

MusicOnVinyl did a GREAT job on this one. Sounds fantastic 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options

Some Monday Spinning. Damn what an album. And now you all will say - Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam does the songs better. And that is a totally legitimate opinion. But damn what an album.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

Some Monday Spinning. Damn what an album. And now you all will say - Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam does the songs better. And that is a totally legitimate opinion. But damn what an album.
    What Nebraska song has PJ covered?  I can't think of any.  

Glad you're enjoying that gem.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What Nebraska song has PJ covered?  I can't think of any.  

Glad you're enjoying that gem.  
    Didn't they do Atlantic City in 2005? Or am I confusing that with Eddie doing it...
  • Options

Some Wednesday Spinning. It has the songs. Not sure it has the perfomamce. The back photo is from the same arena I saw Pearl Jam at the first time. The Colosseum in Verona.

Some Wednesday Spinning. If I ever would list my favorite album covers, Neil Young Landing on Water would be on it.
  • Options
    my own private concert. Mike heavy...alright with me.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    Loujoe said:
    my own private concert. Mike heavy...alright with me.
    that show is GREAT!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,977
    Agreed!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Never could score a good cheap used copy of this. I had a re that was beat to...and didn't have the cover that moved.
    Not sure about dumpster diving for records anymore...til covid is a distant memory.
    Honestly I'm fortunate to have more than I can ever listen to.
    Still love to find this one.

My favorite zep! 

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:

Never could score a good cheap used copy of this. I had a re that was beat to...and didn't have the cover that moved.
    Not sure about dumpster diving for records anymore...til covid is a distant memory.

My favorite zep! 

Mine, too.

This thing is old and audibly warped, but I have yet to replace it. How did the JP reissue of this a few years back sound? 

The ones I bought were hit and miss? First album sounds great, IV sounds OK when its not skipping all over the place (mostly on side 2).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Loujoe said:
    dankind said:

My favorite zep! 

Mine, too.

This thing is old and audibly warped, but I have yet to replace it. How did the JP reissue of this a few years back sound? 

The ones I bought were hit and miss? First album sounds great, IV sounds OK when its not skipping all over the place (mostly on side 2).
    Zep III reissue is very good.  I haven't had any problems, with the exception of the first run of US version of Houses.  I ended up with a EU version which is great.  
  • Options
    I got an EU Houses of the Holy as well. Returned the US pressing. I wonder if it’s worth looking into the EU pressing of IV.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I got an EU Houses of the Holy as well. Returned the US pressing. I wonder if it’s worth looking into the EU pressing of IV.
    I think IV allegedly had first run problems too.  Mine is a US Canada deluxe version that my local was selling for 15 bucks, so couldn’t pass it up.  I don’t recall being disappointed in it.  Maybe you got a bad press?
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Did you have problems with the US IV? My US Pallas pressing is excellent for a digital pressing. I'm still looking to complete the Classic Record Zep pressings.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    dankind said:
    Did you have problems with the US IV? My US Pallas pressing is excellent for a digital pressing. I'm still looking to complete the Classic Record Zep pressings.
    I happened to look look last night.  Expensive!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    dankind said:
    I happened to look look last night.  Expensive!
    Yes. Very.
  • Options
    sounds fantastic for a beat old record. Bright and deep. Glad I picked it up. 25 cents.
  • Options

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    sounds fantastic for a beat old record. Bright and deep. Glad I picked it up. 25 cents.
    My og Cars pressing sound really good as well.  
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Gigaton 
  • Options

• Options

Some Saturday Spinning. The re-release was spread out on two records... I think... so this must be my original release. I do find that the coverdesign works better on the CD-version — The ”fake book” look comes off as more fake on the vinyl. I remember the cover being on a thicker paper stock on CD? The booklet also looks to have been designed for the CD version first in mind. Fun fact: The extra cost of this cover design was taken straight from the band, with the label refusing to pay for it. Less fun fact: This was Dave Abbruzzese’s last album with the band.