Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631

Some Saturday Spinning. The re-release was spread out on two records... I think... so this must be my original release. I do find that the coverdesign works better on the CD-version — The ”fake book” look comes off as more fake on the vinyl. I remember the cover being on a thicker paper stock on CD? The booklet also looks to have been designed for the CD version first in mind. Fun fact: The extra cost of this cover design was taken straight from the band, with the label refusing to pay for it. Less fun fact: This was Dave Abbruzzese’s last album with the band. 
    OG definitely better than the 2x reissue. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Kevin Gray,  Cohearent audio version.  I do wish they would have used Pallas or QRP to press. This is an excellent version but the press has a tad of non fill or something.  It's definitely the weak spot of the chain 

Edit,  there is an ultra disc one step box coming soon,  but retail is like 130.
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

Some Saturday Spinning. The re-release was spread out on two records... I think... so this must be my original release. I do find that the coverdesign works better on the CD-version — The ”fake book” look comes off as more fake on the vinyl. I remember the cover being on a thicker paper stock on CD? The booklet also looks to have been designed for the CD version first in mind. Fun fact: The extra cost of this cover design was taken straight from the band, with the label refusing to pay for it. Less fun fact: This was Dave Abbruzzese’s last album with the band. 
    100%
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,013
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

100%

Audio Quality or the extra hassle?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Some Saturday Spinning. Got bullied into buying this. Dont ever let anyone bully you. Dylans new album is quite charming btw.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

100%

It just sounds fuller,  more urgent.  The repress feels veiled.  You have both,  right? You don't think?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:

Kevin Gray,  Cohearent audio version.  I do wish they would have used Pallas or QRP to press. This is an excellent version but the press has a tad of non fill or something.  It's definitely the weak spot of the chain 

Edit,  there is an ultra disc one step box coming soon,  but retail is like 130.
    I've read that the One Step, is by far the best version. I guess it all depends on how much ($$$) you like the record.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    just for 'i got a right'. Love that song. Murphy's law does a great cover of that too!!!!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

100%

It just sounds fuller,  more urgent.  The repress feels veiled.  You have both,  right? You don't think?
    I don't think I would hear a difference. I would though feel the extra hassle of two discs.
  • Options

Some Sunday Spinning. Even back in the 70s I knew this was overrated.
  • Options

Some Sunday Spinning. Even back in the 70s I knew this was underrated. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

100%

I don't think I would hear a difference. I would though feel the extra hassle of two discs.
    Agreed on the two extra times getting up.  It has to be obvious to make that worth it. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,786

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    ^^^fancy. I got a couple of his. Great stuff.
  • Options
    cover is fair due to staining. and overall use. the vinyl is in very good shape.  needs a good cleaning but plays great.

5 DOLLARS!!!!

• Options
    edited June 2020
    well fuck me. missing a record. 2 lp set. have sides 1+4 but no 2+3. fucking shame too cuz the one is vg+ maybe m-.

ordered another off discogs for cheap.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    edited June 2020
    previous owner was either incredibly careful or this record was never spun. no marks on the label near the spindle hole. vinyl itself is very clean. pristine is very close description

• Options

• Options

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    Sam Gendel-Satin Doll
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2020
    MedozK said:

Lot of buzz about this one.  How is it?
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

Nice, great recording
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:

Lot of buzz about this one.  How is it?
    Great. I'm making my way through a lot of my Analogue Production releases. Also, got a bunch for fathers day.
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    well fuck me. missing a record. 2 lp set. have sides 1+4 but no 2+3. fucking shame too cuz the one is vg+ maybe m-.

ordered another off discogs for cheap.
    Haha. The same with my Marilyn Manson Mechanical Animals release I bought used when I was a teen. Always wondered why there was so many fewer songs on the vinyl release than the CD.
  • Options