1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

MFC - just awesome on this album IMO
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Awesome...f primus!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    deadendp said:

Some ”Amazing Women”-Wednesday Spinning. Should listen more to Tori Amos than I do nowadays.
    I need to put this on my list...love Tori. 

Mad Season/Seattle Symphony- Sonic Evolution. 
    Her 90s run of albums are great. I think the 30 year anniverssary edition of Under the Pink came on pink vinyl and was remastered. 

How is Sonic Evolution? Seen someone on here saying the sound was lacking
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    deadendp said:

Some ”Amazing Women”-Wednesday Spinning. Should listen more to Tori Amos than I do nowadays.

Her 90s run of albums are great. I think the 30 year anniverssary edition of Under the Pink came on pink vinyl and was remastered. 

Very lacking, one of the worst LPs I have. Could have been amazing, but they dropped the ball on that one.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    MedozK said:
    deadendp said:

Very lacking, one of the worst LPs I have. Could have been amazing, but they dropped the ball on that one.
    Total whiff.  Brick wall plus veil,  somehow. 
  • Options

Some Fleetwood Mac-Friday Spinning. Never cared for or delved into Fleetwood Mac. But this is obviously a great hit-filled album.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Some Frehley Friday Spinning. Fitting with KISS postponing their European tour today. I think Frehley’s album is the best of the solo efforts. Side A pops and cracks and the last song skips. Thinking of buying the 2014 repress of it - because it’s an album always worth spinning. The correct order of the solo albums from best to worst by the way is:

1. Ace
    2. Gene
    3. Paul
    4. Peter
  • Options

Some Fleetwood Mac-Friday Spinning. Never cared for or delved into Fleetwood Mac. But this is obviously a great hit-filled album.
    It's a classic,  end to end great.  Is that an original or the pressing from a few years ago (KPG)?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

It's a classic,  end to end great.  Is that an original or the pressing from a few years ago (KPG)?
    What do you think of Tusk? Two friends expressed the feeling that it was a better album.

It's bought used for next to nothing, so I would say it's a pressing from way back when :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Some Freddy Krueger-Friday Spinning. This soundtrack sounds as stale and bite-less as the (subpar) movie. No ”Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter” or ”Into the Fire” on here. And I will never understand why they replaced Matthew Peak as the poster artist. Even though this cover is quite iconic in itself. Who the hell listens to the Goo Goo Dolls?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

What do you think of Tusk? Two friends expressed the feeling that it was a better album.

It's bought used for next to nothing, so I would say it's a pressing from way back when :)
    It's like saying the White Album is better than Abbey Road.  Tusk is strange,  unusual,  cocaine driven art rock.  Rumors is polished pop rock perfection.  It all depends on what you're into.  I dig Tusk a lot. You might love it,  it might be over the top.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's like saying the White Album is better than Abbey Road. 
    Or Hotter than Hell and Unmasked. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

”Sweden’s National Day”-spinning. (jävligt snyggt omslag)

Some ”Sweden’s National Day”-spinning. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's like saying the White Album is better than Abbey Road. 
    Or Hotter than Hell and Unmasked. 
    YES!  Or Girls, Girls,Girls vs Dr. Feelgood. How can you truly evaluate artistic genius?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The power of equality

Is not yet what it ought to be. 

What I see is insanity.

Whatever happened to humanity?

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Some final ”Sweden’s National Day”-spinning. Per Fritzell äger. Köpt av nån i Malmö 1986 tydligen
  • Options

Some Springsteen-Sunday spinning. Sounds like old Bruce stole his sound from The Gaslight Anthem. They should sue. And KISS should sue him for ripping their song Shandi.

Some Shocking Pinks-Sunday Spinning. Not often one play this. In the end the story behind the album is greater than the album itself. But a fun listen.
  • Options

Some Springsteen-Sunday spinning. Sounds like old Bruce stole his sound from The Gaslight Anthem. They should sue. And KISS should sue him for ripping their song Shandi.

Some Shocking Pinks-Sunday Spinning. Not often one play this. In the end the story behind the album is greater than the album itself. But a fun listen.
    Wild and the innocent is top 3 Bruce for me.  Each song is a full,  cinematic movie.  Sandy,  you can practically smell the popcorn on the boardwalk.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Wild and the innocent is top 3 Bruce for me.  Each song is a full,  cinematic movie.  Sandy,  you can practically smell the popcorn on the boardwalk.
    I really like Wrecking Ball. Because I am a casual.
  • Options

Some Schwarzenegger-Sunday Spinning. The greatest soundtrack ever composed. Lots of pops and noise so would love to buy the 2xLP re-issue but ofc @silvascreenrecords didn’t even bother to use the correct title treatment on the reissue. So - damn them and them not caring enough.
  • Options

Some Monday-spinning. Is there a version on vinyl without the beeps over the swear words?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Interesting.  I think it's good,  but don't listen to it often.  
  • Options
    Underrated record.. it's the worst WS record,  but still pretty damn good. 

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Interesting.  I think it's good,  but don't listen to it often.  
    I like both that one and High Hopes. But to be honest, I mostly listen to the start of the albums.
  • Options

• Options
    edited June 2020

Had to listen to this again because I was going through the album with a couple of dorks. Amazingly well put together album. Sounds great. Great songs. Paul didn’t start to sound like a cat being strangled untill the next album. Albeit some signs of it on here.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options

Had to listen to this because I was going through it with a couple of knuckleheads. Such an extreme step down from Creatures of the Night - but I guess that’s what happens when Paul wants to shriek through every song. Fits like a Glove is the best song on the album, so happy that Gene played it when I saw him.
  • Options

Had to listen to this because I was going through it with a couple of bozos. And I am happy I did. Without a doubt the strongest unmasked album. The last two songs are weak, but the rest hold up. Could ”Who Wants to be Lonely” be the greatest love song of the 80s after ”Total Eclipse of the Heart”... hmm