______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    edited March 2020
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Mine has the 6th variant etched on Side 4.
    Does yours have Made in the EU on the labels?
    What is your runout information?
    Definitely two pressings of these, wondering if there are 2 cuts.
    Sorry it's "In the midst of the 6th," I mis-typed that earlier.

Yea, I figured. I think only 2 version are out there. I'm still looking for someone in Europe to post their runout information, so I can see if there are 2 different cuts. I will be chasing down an EU version anyway, since they're definitely different pressings.
    So what's the word on the audio quality of it?  Mine hasn't arrived.  I just saw on Discogs that its Bob, Bellman and QRP, so that is really heartening.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

Yea, I figured. I think only 2 version are out there. I'm still looking for someone in Europe to post their runout information, so I can see if there are 2 different cuts. I will be chasing down an EU version anyway, since they're definitely different pressings.
    So what's the word on the audio quality of it?  Mine hasn't arrived.  I just saw on Discogs that its Bob, Bellman and QRP, so that is really heartening.  
    I think it’s good, nothing exceptional imo. You can hear the compression when you try to open it up. Wish you could let it breath a little more.
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

I think it’s good, nothing exceptional imo. You can hear the compression when you try to open it up. Wish you could let it breath a little more.
    I ran the hd tracks through spek and it looks legit 96khz.  It's pretty dynamic for digital.  Playing it now through my vintage marantz with a Topping D30 DAC and it sounds good.  Better than any other digital PJ album I have.  
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

At least they went first class on the audio team for once, end to end.  I'm actually surprised they didn't hire TMR considering the friendship they developed with Jack.
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

I forgot about that vomit colored record! =)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

I forgot about that vomit colored record! =)
    😂  I prefer puke coloured. An ode to George Costanza. 
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

obvious baseball reference "in the midst of the sixth" (on my copy)

wonder if this means they feel they are 2/3 through their career?

means another 15 years or so if true.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dudeman said:
    Nice Dual! That's what we'll be spinning tonight but on a Dual 1019.

Has yours been serviced?
    It was about a years ago. Should be good for another 40 years. 

Love Duals, warts (or should I say pimples) and all. Grew up with a 1219. Was over the moon to find a free one. Sounds like vinyl should sound. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Comes Then Goes........ through headphones.....

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    dankind said:
    dudeman said:
    Nice Dual! That's what we'll be spinning tonight but on a Dual 1019.

Has yours been serviced?
    It was about a years ago. Should be good for another 40 years. 

Love Duals, warts (or should I say pimples) and all. Grew up with a 1219. Was over the moon to find a free one. Sounds like vinyl should sound. 

I love them! Restored about a dozen of them. My 1019 was all fucked up when I got it. (Free as well). Now it runs like a Swiss watch and performs well above what one would expect from such a funky looking piece.

1209 on my bench right now. Everything was seized on it. Just have a little work to do on the cueing mechanism and it should be good to go. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    Moved downstairs. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,604
    ^^^it's big in japan, gonna hook da block up with a Filipino box spring hog after we can all go outside together again. Longing for a chocolate jesus about now. What the heck is my neighbor doing over there...why did he take down that tire swing, I swear I heard an odd moaning sound and a bright blue light shone through his blinds...we need to know.
    Thanks to your RAK dankind you fueled my passion for Mr Waits. I passed blood money to my bro on loan, hope to get it back.soon. Take care and keep on spinning

Loujoe said:

My man
    I SAW PEARL JAM

• mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

I think that "in the midst of the sixth" is a reference to the 6th mass extinction:  https://www.businessinsider.com/signs-of-6th-mass-extinction-2019-3

Denver, Phoenix, Seattle, Seattle, Seattle, Denver, Council Bluffs, Fargo, St. Paul, Chicago, Seattle, Gorge, Denver, Denver, Portland, Gorge, Gorge, Seattle, Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    The power of suggestion. Not even a suggestion really, just a mere mention. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:

I think that "in the midst of the sixth" is a reference to the 6th mass extinction:  https://www.businessinsider.com/signs-of-6th-mass-extinction-2019-3
    given the theme of the record that makes a lot of sense.

I SAW PEARL JAM

I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2020
    dankind said:

That is a great record. The Boss never topped that one IMO. Brilliant. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

That is a great record. The Boss never topped that one IMO. Brilliant. 
    The Wild and Innocent is my current favorite.  The great thing about Bruce is that you go through phases with his records... at least I do. 

I SAW PEARL JAM