deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

This record is amazing. The wax sounds great too.  I go through cases where am listen to this in its entirety once a week.  Masterpiece. 
    Cases of beer or cases of wine?

I agree that it's excellent quality.  I do like the AIC a bit more though. 
    Haha. Caught my typo. Damn iPhone. 
    I just bought the AIC album this past weekend. It will get a spin on Friday night and I’m super pumped to hear it! In my opinion the three best unplugged albums are AIC, Nirvana and PJ. Don’t own any of the others, maybe I’m missing some great ones but nothing comes to mind.
    Clapton... the original one

I'd love a 10000 maniacs one day as that's one of my favorites.  But I doubt it will see vinyl.  I agree with your top three,  Clapton at 4.
    Clapton and Nirvana are my 2 favorites.  Clapton is startlingly well recorded.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

This record is amazing. The wax sounds great too.  I go through cases where am listen to this in its entirety once a week.  Masterpiece. 

I just bought the AIC album this past weekend. It will get a spin on Friday night and I’m super pumped to hear it! In my opinion the three best unplugged albums are AIC, Nirvana and PJ. Don’t own any of the others, maybe I’m missing some great ones but nothing comes to mind.

I'd love a 10000 maniacs one day as that's one of my favorites.  But I doubt it will see vinyl.  I agree with your top three,  Clapton at 4.
    Neil FTW!!!

I also loved The Cure's episode--they really committed!--but I don't think it was ever released on home video or audio.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    dankind said:
    ikiT said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Neil FTW!!!

I also loved The Cure's episode--they really committed!--but I don't think it was ever released on home video or audio.
    No vinyl, otherwise he would be up there for sure.  It was a great show. 
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

Underrated
  • Options
    seriously, back up

• Options
    Agreed...
  • Options

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    not my go to zep, but doing the trick now.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options

• Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 803
    Jack White - Acoustic Recordings
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    edited March 2020
    Just got this. Didn't know it was colored vinyl when I bought it. Sounds like he is playing in my house! Top notch recording. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Loujoe said:

People dog on this album but I really like it. Excellent mastering on this one.  Great example of the capabilities of vinyl. 
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,655
    Really love the song "Over The Hill" I believe the Robinson brothers covered it a while back too. Great song. The title track is great too. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    pjpjpaul said:
    Really love the song "Over The Hill" I believe the Robinson brothers covered it a while back too. Great song. The title track is great too. 
    Brothers of a Feather recording is when they did it. Chris made a point of saying who wrote it and when..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Ah yes Clapton. Can’t believe I forgot... another great performance (As I’m adding it to the ever expanding list of wax to buy). 
    Post your thoughts on the Alice vs Nirvana after you get a chance to spin!
    The MOV vinyl pressing is awesome.  I just have to give Nirvana the nod because of the chances they took. All the B sides and covers. 

It’s really a tough call because they are both just amazing.  The quality of this pressing is great because MOV can be hit and miss. Needless to say I love it. 
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    Mer de Noms 

what a wicked album 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Ah yes Clapton. Can’t believe I forgot... another great performance (As I’m adding it to the ever expanding list of wax to buy). 
    The MOV vinyl pressing is awesome.  I just have to give Nirvana the nod because of the chances they took. All the B sides and covers. 

It’s really a tough call because they are both just amazing.  The quality of this pressing is great because MOV can be hit and miss. Needless to say I love it. 
    AIC for me. The tonal quality of every instrument is incredible. That recording deserves to be studied in music production classes at university level. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Good call, although I love all the AIC stuff from Jar and self titled.  Both are great performances and fidelity.  I’m impressed that MTV did such a good job recording these.  I would have expected less.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited March 2020

Alberta is in a provincial state of emergency. Have to work from home, work out at home.  Most non-essential services shut down. 
    On the positive note: Lots of time to spin wax! 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on