Options

______ is on my turntable right now.

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    myoung321 said:

Fancy...love some black flag. I havent heard a lot of those songs.

• Options
    Is that all henry rollins, or morris. My first black flag was my war on cassette. Then damaged cassette, then loose nut lp. I still have loose nut. Pretty darn good. Not really punk, but maybe sophisticated punk. Also found a tv party 45 at a garage sale. The b side on that kills. 

End of flashback
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    This is pre- Rollins - Notice it doesn't say Black Flag or show the logo on the cover.

Everything Went Black is a compilation album by the American hardcore punk band Black Flag. It was released in 1982 through SST Records. The compilation comprises early songs recorded before Henry Rollins became the band's vocalist in 1981, and was initially released without the group's name on its cover, due to their lawsuit with MCA/Unicorn. Instead, the names of the group members were listed on the first release.

There is another version released with name and logos..

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Nice piece of history there. Looks like its in good hands. Spin it often. Thx for the info.
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited March 2020

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    ^^whats that object supposed to represent. Always creeps me out. Good record though.
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^whats that object supposed to represent. Always creeps me out. Good record though.
    You know I didn’t notice the object in the middle of the table until I bought it on vinyl.  I got it on CD about 20 years ago, but didn’t notice it off of the jewel case.  It’s almost like 2001 A Space Odyssey.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020

According to wiki--

Led Zeppelin Presence Art - 

The cover and inside sleeve, created by Hipgnosis with George Hardie, features images of people interacting with a black obelisk-shaped object. Inside the sleeve, the item is referred to simply as "The Object". It was intended to represent Zeppelin's "force and presence".[4][21] Hipgnosis co-founder Storm Thorgerson wrote that the obelisk represented the power of Led Zeppelin, saying they were "so powerful, they didn't need to be there".[22][23] Both Page and Plant have said that the presence of the object in the photographs made people stop and think about what is real, which reflected the music.[23]

The background in the cover photograph is an artificial marina, installed in London's Earl's Court arena for the annual Boat Show, in the winter of 1974–75. The band played a series of concerts at this venue in May 1975, a few months after the boat show. The inner sleeve photographs came from various archive stock pictures, and was designed to resemble a feature in National Geographic.[24] The girl on the back cover photo is the same one that appeared on Houses of the Holy.[21] Hipgnosis and Hardie were nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Album Package in 1977.[25]

• Options
    ^^^^whattt!!! Nice info. Now I have to find something else to confuse me.
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,656
    Wilco-Summerteeth
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I have that album!

Shirley's got the goods.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

Nap Eyes- I'm Bad Now

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spinning the black circle...

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mickeyrat said:
    Audience recording.
    WE HAVE A WINNNAAAH!
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dankind said:

That was a nice run there, Dan.
  • Options

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    myoung321 said:

This looks like gold. Going to have to find! 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    dankind said:

This record is amazing. The wax sounds great too.  I go through phases where I listen to this in its entirety once a week.  Masterpiece. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    dankind said:

This record is amazing. The wax sounds great too.  I go through cases where am listen to this in its entirety once a week.  Masterpiece. 
    Cases of beer or cases of wine?

I agree that it's excellent quality.  I do like the AIC a bit more though. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

This record is amazing. The wax sounds great too.  I go through cases where am listen to this in its entirety once a week.  Masterpiece. 

Haha. Caught my typo. Damn iPhone. 
    I just bought the AIC album this past weekend. It will get a spin on Friday night and I’m super pumped to hear it! In my opinion the three best unplugged albums are AIC, Nirvana and PJ. Don’t own any of the others, maybe I’m missing some great ones but nothing comes to mind.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I just bought the AIC album this past weekend. It will get a spin on Friday night and I’m super pumped to hear it! In my opinion the three best unplugged albums are AIC, Nirvana and PJ. Don’t own any of the others, maybe I’m missing some great ones but nothing comes to mind.
    Clapton... the original one

I'd love a 10000 maniacs one day as that's one of my favorites.  But I doubt it will see vinyl.  I agree with your top three,  Clapton at 4.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

I'd love a 10000 maniacs one day as that's one of my favorites.  But I doubt it will see vinyl.  I agree with your top three,  Clapton at 4.
    Ah yes Clapton. Can’t believe I forgot... another great performance (As I’m adding it to the ever expanding list of wax to buy). 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Ah yes Clapton. Can’t believe I forgot... another great performance (As I’m adding it to the ever expanding list of wax to buy). 
    Post your thoughts on the Alice vs Nirvana after you get a chance to spin!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dankind said:

Post your thoughts on the Alice vs Nirvana after you get a chance to spin!
    AIC Unplugged is incredible and very underrated.