Options

Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder? Ed Lip Syncs too!!!

Comments

• Options
    It was actually a robot Ed. The real one's been surfin for weeks.
  • Options
    I can't see Ed totally lip synching everything. I can see him playing and singing OVER pre recorded tracks. I think he even admitted doing so at one of the shows...the one where he explained all the equipment he had on stage with him.

I agree with DoTheEvolution I think there is some double CD coming since Ed changed his long standing policy on recording for this tour. I think thats part of the reason for the similar setlists.

I also think that this tour was largely to promote ITW so thats why so much of that album was played every night.
    Since this is an ED tour I think thats why there wasn't as many Pearl Jam songs as people might like to see...I can see Ed wanting to step away from PJ and thus shying from playing too many PJ songs. This limits what he can play live.
    I undetstand how frustrating it musta been for you to see essentially the same show 3 times but at the same time...the shows were still good right??? Just be glad you were there. I wish I coulda made it out for some.

Ohh well...bring on the East Coast!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    pjtaper wrote:
    When I try to lip sync,
    I turn on my recorder.
    When I go to play a show,
    I always, keep the same set list...
    Once I wrote a solo album,
    and had a solo tour,
    10 shows and 40 songs,
    but the setlists all the same!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!

It sounds better when I sing it to the Tune of Hard Sun, but only redeyes is around for that shit... I guess PM me your phone number if you want to hear!

I've got it! You're the guy from Good Charlotte trying to get back at ED for saying that their music sounds like, sorry, tastes like a popsicle that has been shoved up somebody's ass!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 369
    URthekey wrote:
    I didn't mind the looping, but if he starts wriggling around the stage in gold spandex I'm out!

I'm sitting here picturing him doing just that. Wow ... just ... wow. :)
  • Options
    Does Brittney read the message pit? If she does she can sit next to me at my 5 shows this summer. Just PM me hottie. Also didnt Ed tag Daughter with opps I did it again at some point?
  • Options
    jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    Whiney *ss crybaby...we could all be so lucky to go to 3 shows. I got to go to one and feel privileged.

Just my $.02
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yahamita wrote:
    I believe everything pjtaper and patrickredeyes says...I am followers of their cult!

No Kool-Aid in this cult btw. lol

Somebody at the nite one SD pre-party told me they had just talked to you on the phone. Wish you would have been there too.

Oh and this thread sure is interesting. heh

I enjoyed all three shows I saw. Ed's telling stories was the best. :D
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    luvistower wrote:
    what?!??!?!
    mic, you know i luv ya...but are you high??? or sarcastic??
    i was this[] close to ed in la for hard sun on nite 2 and he was indeed playing/singing. wasnt paying much attention to liam or EJ but ed was def singing/playing
    having the berkely show from this http://fuelfriends.blogspot.com site, hard sun definitely sounds like its looped.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    uh . . no lip snyching. . .SD II, he missed the beginning of the song (wasn't by the mic) and had to run over to the mic to start singing. There was no "When I walk beside." Instead, the song began (muffled) "Whaheefjek .fewjkfewfe . . .I am the better man . . ." You get the point. Same thing happened later. There was DEFINITELY a looped track for the background, but it did not include vocals.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    pjtaper wrote:
    but he was NOT singing!

Sorry Mick, I luv ya and all, but after SD2's version of Hard Sun, it was proven he wasnt lip syncing... he started the music on the tape reel and started moving all over the stage, and missed the timing on when to start the first verse and went rushing to the microphone and rushed the 1st lyric to catch up to the timing. That proves right there that you are affected by that mile high air in colorado and are wrong!! Never doubt Ed!!
  • Options
    ashtrayrockashtrayrock Posts: 167
    Spare me your poisonous jabs. And sell crazy someplace else.

LMFAO !!!!!

i think you're cool
    For Those About To Rock !

Art changes people. People change the world.
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    This is completely ridiculous. Playing with a backing track is not lip-syncing. Ed was singing, and playing guitar over the track. People do it all the time. It has nothing to do with lack of talent or age...more to do with the amount of people on stage. You can't have 3 guitars, bass, drums, and vocals with only 3 people on stage.

Ed made it quite obvious when he was pushing the button to start the song...why would he do that if it was supposed to be some sort of sneaky move?

Jesus, people. Have you EVER been to a concert before?
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Is this REALLY what we have come to on this board??? SERIOUSLY??? Do we even discuss music and such anymore?? I thought you were above this kind of thing, Mick?? WOW!! It is threads like this that make me wonder why I even come here...This is very very sad.......Good thing the good out does the bad here for me.........:eek:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    I had a good time at the show....it is a poor poor fucker who compares Ed to Britney Spears.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Solat13 wrote:
    Well then your contention is more with tm than Ed. On tm all these shows sold out in minutes. Except for a few diehards on here, who would travel across the country hoping that tix get released at the last second. Your argument that maybe about a dozen or twenty tix got released right before the show started does not mean these shows were an easy ticket to get.
    People were walking around basically GIVING tickets away before LA 1 and SD 1.
  • Options
    OK, maybe he was singing a little, but he was NOT singing lead! Also, if you are telling me he played any more than 5 notes during this song, you have probably never played a guitar in your life. I play guitar, I can play MOST PJ songs and many songs off into the wild. It is very easy to tell when someone is faking, usually they strum with chords that are totally wrong, or not even real chords. Ed RARELY touched his guitar during this song, it often was sitting strings up on his lap, with his hands nowhere near it... when the time for the solos came(if you'd call those) solos, he'd grab the guitar and hold it in position, but I WAS VERY VERY CLOSE, and I could see, he was NOT playing the correct notes...
    also, he WAS lip synching! get over it, he's still talented as hell, has best voice around, he just didn't have his Pearl Jam buddies to help him do this song live! I can't wait to see the first PJ setlist, they will play Hard Sun, Mike will be taking the solos, hopefully anyone but Jeff will do the backing vocals, and stone will do the rythm, LIVE, in front of our eyes!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    pjtaper wrote:
    OK, maybe he was singing a little, but he was NOT singing lead! Also, if you are telling me he played any more than 5 notes during this song, you have probably never played a guitar in your life. I play guitar, I can play MOST PJ songs and many songs off into the wild. It is very easy to tell when someone is faking, usually they strum with chords that are totally wrong, or not even real chords. Ed RARELY touched his guitar during this song, it often was sitting strings up on his lap, with his hands nowhere near it... when the time for the solos came(if you'd call those) solos, he'd grab the guitar and hold it in position, but I WAS VERY VERY CLOSE, and I could see, he was NOT playing the correct notes...
    also, he WAS lip synching! get over it, he's still talented as hell, has best voice around, he just didn't have his Pearl Jam buddies to help him do this song live! I can't wait to see the first PJ setlist, they will play Hard Sun, Mike will be taking the solos, hopefully anyone but Jeff will do the backing vocals, and stone will do the rythm, LIVE, in front of our eyes!

As a fellow guitar player who has seen the videos on youtube and has the bootleg---Eddie did not play much of Hard Sun on guitar. He did sing and I think with his electric he saved most of his playing for the later part of the song so he could "tear it up" with the distorted part of the song.

You should realize why the need for the looping track and backup vocals was needed if you play the guitar.
  • Options
    I do realize, he needs PJ to play this song fully with no looping, faking, etc... I just wanted to point out, that he was indeed faking it!
    Also, you shouldn't watch those youtube videos, that is against the 10Cs wishes!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    pjtaper wrote:
    Also, you shouldn't watch those youtube videos, that is against the 10Cs wishes!

Don't worry, I've gave myself 100 lashings for every song I've viewed and for every time I have listened to the bootleg.
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    pjtaper wrote:

So he didn't play the whole thing on guitar. He doesn't in Pearl Jam either. He isn't a guitarist. He's a singer. Thats what he did. Are you accusing him of having his guitar not plugged in or something? I could hear it loud and clear in Berkeley. And he even flubbed lyrics so I know he was singing. You're delusional. Playing along with a backing track is not "faking it".
  • Options
    high melissa!
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    pjtaper wrote:
    also, he WAS lip synching! get over it...

What are you trying to accomplish? Why spend so much time and money following a band, learn to play all their songs, and then come on their message board and try to discredit them? I see you whining and crying over at expressobeans all the time and now I know why people over there treat you the way they do... if you think an artist is lip syncing at a show then show some balls and let them know about then and there. Don't hide behind the anonymity of a message board.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    WTF?! ED?! Lip syncing? get real. I'm feeling testy today with a variety of work to do. Maybe I'd better stay away from the board today if this is the quality of threads being started.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    maybe you should jane... or at least post in topics that relate to you... did you see Ed play hard sun?
    Also, I don't HIDE behind any message boards, I was at the Wishlist table all three nights, I made a thread on expresso beans about coming to meet the taper in San Diego... Expresso Beans is fun and games, most of the people that give me shit on there I know personally, and we chat about posters on the phone and often meet up at concerts, art shows, etc...
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    pjtaper wrote:
    maybe you should jane... or at least post in topics that relate to you... did you see Ed play hard sun?
    Also, I don't HIDE behind any message boards, I was at the Wishlist table all three nights, I made a thread on expresso beans about coming to meet the taper in San Diego... Expresso Beans is fun and games, most of the people that give me shit on there I know personally, and we chat about posters on the phone and often meet up at concerts, art shows, etc...

Were you at the tables stating that you thought Ed was lip syncing? I just don't see the fun in making such an accusation. And I think a lot of people at expressobeans are having fun at your expense...
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    pjtaper wrote:
    Also, I don't HIDE behind any message boards

No unfortunately I haven't had the good fortune, living on the east coast as is clear from my location. I do have experience seeing Ed play however, and it is my feeling that just as I don't have to watch a hammer fall to know that it will fall if I do drop it, I don't have to see Ed play to know he wouldn't do something dishonest such as lyp sync. Using some backing track is a different thing. You don't need me to disagree though - it appears that plenty of other people at the shows have disagreed with you too.

However, any topic on the board relates to me as I am a Pearl Jam fan and I will post where I please unless the mods tell me otherwise.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    No Kool-Aid in this cult btw. lol

Somebody at the nite one SD pre-party told me they had just talked to you on the phone. Wish you would have been there too.

Oh and this thread sure is interesting. heh

I enjoyed all three shows I saw. Ed's telling stories was the best. :D
    No Jim Jone's kool-aid shit for me! hahaha unless it has something to do with the Electric Kool-aid Test, but I think that ended back in the 60's!

That was my best guy friend Matt(mdgsolo). He told me he had just met you! I told him to give you a great big hug from me, but he felt that was a bit much, just meeting you and all! hahahaah
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yahamita wrote:
    No Jim Jone's kool-aid shit for me! hahaha unless it has something to do with the Electric Kool-aid Test, but I think that ended back in the 60's!

That was my best guy friend Matt(mdgsolo). He told me he had just met you! I told him to give you a great big hug from me, but he felt that was a bit much, just meeting you and all! hahahaah

Yea we shook hands instead. lol :D
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    JaneNY wrote:
    No unfortunately I haven't had the good fortune, living on the east coast as is clear from my location. I do have experience seeing Ed play however, and it is my feeling that just as I don't have to watch a hammer fall to know that it will fall if I do drop it, I don't have to see Ed play to know he wouldn't do something dishonest such as lyp sync. Using some backing track is a different thing. You don't need me to disagree though - it appears that plenty of other people at the shows have disagreed with you too.

However, any topic on the board relates to me as I am a Pearl Jam fan and I will post where I please unless the mods tell me otherwise.

Just when I lose hope in seeing intelligent responses to any question on this board, this post shines through. My faith is restored. Nicely articulated.
  • Options
    joebot wrote:
    Maybe he looped the background vocals and sang the lead vocal live, atleast I hope so.

Exactly...I went both SD nights, and this is what it looked like to me...He definitely was singing lead because he ran out of breath a few times and missed the words...