Options

Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder? Ed Lip Syncs too!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Anyone else notice, Ed was NOT playing guitar on hard sun, liam was not playing the drums, and I'm pretty sure Ed was not even singing!
Wtf is up with that, he did it at all 3 nights!
NOT COOL!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Anyone else notice, Ed was NOT playing guitar on hard sun, liam was not playing the drums, and I'm pretty sure Ed was not even singing!
    NOT COOL!

This shit started with cornells first solo tour, and even radiohead on the kid a tour

they use that machine that loops their stuff, and than they ride it, now I wasnt at eds but cornell used it with the guitars and his voice, and radiohead did it with the guitar work.
    I heard Ed did it with his voice but not music, I am assuming he sung some of it?
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    pjtaper wrote:
    NOT COOL!
    what?!??!?!
    mic, you know i luv ya...but are you high??? or sarcastic??
    i was this[] close to ed in la for hard sun on nite 2 and he was indeed playing/singing. wasnt paying much attention to liam or EJ but ed was def singing/playing
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Ed made it pretty obvious (as if it wasn't already) that he used a pre-recorded track for Hard Sun and accompanied it. This would have been impossible to reproduce with just him, a drummer and a back-up singer in the way that it was originally recorded.
    Just me
  • Options
    I am 100% positive he wasn't singing EVERYTHING in SD 1, there was one time when he was really far from the mic, no way we could hear him, and he was still coming through, loud and clear...
    Believe me, I wasn't happy about it either, but that song was faked!
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    DUDE! He wasn't exactly hiding it! He used an old reel to reel tape player that had the backing music (without lyrics) - Him and Liam played and sung over it. It was part of the effect...the "experiment" if you will...and it was awesome.
  • Options
    Surf RiderSurf Rider Posts: 813
    ed doesn't lip sync
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Zanne wrote:
    Ed made it pretty obvious (as if it wasn't already) that he used a pre-recorded track for Hard Sun and accompanied it. This would have been impossible to reproduce with just him, a drummer and a back-up singer in the way that it was originally recorded.
    oh yeah, i know he used pre-recorded tracks to reproduce the sound of the original recording...i'm just saying he was singing and playing over them, for real. at least in LA on nite 2.

where you there, in LA? and if so, why didnt i see you?
    i noticed my phone called you whilst unlocked in my bag..sorry about :)
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    oh yeah, i know he used pre-recorded tracks to reproduce the sound of the original recording...i'm just saying he was singing and playing over them, for real. at least in LA on nite 2.

where you there, in LA? and if so, why didnt i see you?
    i noticed my phone called you whilst unlocked in my bag..sorry about :)

I am 100% in your corner luv.. I think our statements are in agreement.

OOPS Missed part of your comment.. I wasn't in LA.. I went to SC and the Berkeley shows.
    Just me
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    Maybe he looped the background vocals and sang the lead vocal live, atleast I hope so.
  • Options
    Zanne wrote:
    but he was NOT singing!
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,640
    I didn't mind the looping, but if he starts wriggling around the stage in gold spandex I'm out!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Uh... Who cares?

We know what Ed is capable of....

We Know he can sing....

He hasn't been some big fraud for 20+ years!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    SD nite one I was dead center and thought the same thing.

It sure made for great chat while driving back to Denver. lol

I still had a great time in LA and SSSSSSan Diego. :D
  • Options
    Spare me your poisonous jabs. And sell crazy someplace else.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    URthekey wrote:
    I didn't mind the looping, but if he starts wriggling around the stage in gold spandex I'm out!

That's hot.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I can imagine Ed faking playing the guitar and singing a whole lot more than I can imagine Liam faking on the drums.. not the way he pounds on them.. How do you Drum-sync? Is that a new term?

Hard Sun wasn't the hook for me at any of the shows anyways, so I guess I don't really care.. Indifference!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    what?!??!?!
    mic, you know i luv ya...but are you high??? or sarcastic??
    i was this[] close to ed in la for hard sun on nite 2 and he was indeed playing/singing. wasnt paying much attention to liam or EJ but ed was def singing/playing

It kinda looked like at times that Liam wasn't playing the drums on Hard Sun. Or like he was off at times.

What a fun thread this is turning into. hehehe

Is that feet or inches? [] :D
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Uh... Who cares?

We know what Ed is capable of....

We Know he can sing....

He hasn't been some big fraud for 20+ years!

no but it really goes against everyhting he has made fun of for years.
    I could care less, but 8 records in he barely does this in the studio for the sole purpose of the live effect. Pj lacks harmonizing on their studio material.
    Just a thought dont kill me for it, I know how Ed followers can get, youll probably want me thrown out of the tenclub.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    SD nite one I was dead center and thought the same thing.

It sure made for great chat while driving back to Denver. lol

I still had a great time in LA and SSSSSSan Diego. :D
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzen Diego!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzen Diego!!!!!!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzen Diego indeed. :D
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    There were backing tracks of everything -- bass drum, guitar, harmony vocals -- as far as I know. But Ed's guitar was wired, his voice was coming through and Liam's drum kit was obvioulsy making noise too.

He wasn't lip syncing. But there was a lot of backing track there. I think he was honest about it though. Kind of highlighted that fact by doing this big reel to reel thing.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    lip synching? i dont care if its for an effect or if it was impossible to re-create a song, lip syching is for untalented pop stars.

please dont start doing this with PJ eddie.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SERIOUSLY!!!! I heard others say he did the same for Arc, I didn't notice one way or the other on that one, they did all sound very different though... and it SURE would be nice if we could get bootlegs of them and sync them all together... like 10 arcs playing at once... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    taper are you still smoking that medicinal shit or what? thats supposed to be for people with glaucoma you know :cool:
  • Options
    nah, left that in cali!
    It was nice to meet you...
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    There were backing tracks of everything -- bass drum, guitar, harmony vocals -- as far as I know. But Ed's guitar was wired, his voice was coming through and Liam's drum kit was obvioulsy making noise too.

He wasn't lip syncing. But there was a lot of backing track there. I think he was honest about it though. Kind of highlighted that fact by doing this big reel to reel thing.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't think he was trying to hide the fact that there was a backing track. The lead vocals were 100% Ed and that's all I cared about. I didn't go there to see him play guitar. Now that I mention it, a Mike solo show would be awsome :)
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. I didn't think he was trying to hide the fact that there was a backing track. The lead vocals were 100% Ed and that's all I cared about. I didn't go there to see him play guitar. Now that I mention it, a Mike solo show would be awsome :)
    he did NOT sing the lead!
    NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    he did NOT sing the lead!
    NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    lip synching? i dont care if its for an effect or if it was impossible to re-create a song, lip syching is for untalented pop stars.

please dont start doing this with PJ eddie.

hmmm.. I didn't think he was lip syncing.. I thought he had a back-up track playing that he sang and played guitar along with and Liam drummed along with. This thread is tiring. I gotta get back to work before I get fired and then can't afford to roam about the country chasing music.

Peace and Love
    Just me
  • Options
    sorry about that double post... NOT really!

ed vedder does NOT sing lead vocals on Hard Sun...

Also, there are at least 50 other PJ songs he could have played, I was not thrilled about these setlists!

LBC? In Hiding? I yelled Who You Are after Last Kiss w/Jack... and wtf? Last Kiss with Jack Irons? WEAK!