Options

Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder? Ed Lip Syncs too!!!

Comments

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,081
    Cosmo wrote:
    if Ed danced around with his big belly sticking out.

Now THAT would have been a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,749
    Zanne wrote:
    Ed made it pretty obvious (as if it wasn't already) that he used a pre-recorded track for Hard Sun and accompanied it. This would have been impossible to reproduce with just him, a drummer and a back-up singer in the way that it was originally recorded.

then I'd argue that he shouldn't have played it then. dubbing prerecorded strings when playing live (Floyd's The Wall tour for instance) is one thing but when your dubbing drums, bass, and backing vocals.......you should probably just leave it off the set.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Lizard wrote:

but you still have to have the freedom to up and leave your family/kids/job...........

Yea that's true and I know alot that do that come tour time. Some more then others. If you really wanna do something there is always a way.
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    If you were at SDII last night you would have seen Ed rush to the mic to get the first lyrics in. The main vocals were his, the backing vocals dubbed. Liam was playing some drums, but some were dubbed. I had a tough time trying to separate live from reel-to-reel, but I could tell certainly that Ed was singing and playing guitar, and Liam at least played some of the drums.
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    then I'd argue that he shouldn't have played it then. dubbing prerecorded strings when playing live (Floyd's The Wall tour for instance) is one thing but when your dubbing drums, bass, and backing vocals.......you should probably just leave it off the set.
    Liam was playing the drums and singing backup... E.J. was singing backups and playing tamborine... Ed was playing guitar and singing lead.
    And it's was a nice song to end the show on. I would say that the vast majority of the people at the shows liked it and had a good time... so, no harm done.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Liam was playing the drums and singing backup... E.J. was singing backups and playing tamborine... Ed was playing guitar and singing lead.
    And it's was a nice song to end the show on. I would say that the vast majority of the people at the shows liked it and had a good time... so, no harm done.

well what exactly was overdubbed then? the thread starter is claiming that most of the song was prerecorded.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    You think Eddie got lip sincing lessons from her? I heard Britney took lip syncing lessons at LA's School for the Rich and Untalented.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    well what exactly was overdubbed then? the thread starter is claiming that most of the song was prerecorded.
    The rhythm guitar and bass... you know... the guitar intro to 'Hard Sun'. I don't know about the drums... I was sitting in the forth row (although there were only 2 rows in front of us) in front of the drums... and I could hear the drums, the tamborine and that cowbell thing, Liam, E.J. and Ben (Harper) singing pretty clearly.
    too bad wecan't just hear what's on that tape and put this non-issue to rest.
    It was a fun song and everyone was on their feet and happy. Doesn't that count for something?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:

It was a fun song and everyone was on their feet and happy. Doesn't that count for something?

sure

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

the thread starter doesn't know shit!! everything cosmo said is correct....ignore the thread starter....he was too high to know what was going on (at least at la1)
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    cutback wrote:
    the thread started doesn't know shit!! everything cosmo said is correct....ignore the thread starter....he was too high to know what was going on (at least at la1)

haha :D awesome.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Tickets were NOT hard to get! My friends needed tickets to LA 1, I found them both tix NO PROBLEM, one of which was a 4th row center ticket.
    I didn't have tickets to LA 2, I ended up finding 2 and got redeyes in...
    SD 1 I ended up with an extra seat, a good one, and I couldn't GIVE it away outside the venue.. I waited outside for a long time, even after Finn's set.
    Tickets were there!

Anytime tickets sell out in 12 seconds like they did according to the Santa Barbara Independent then I would call those tickets hard to get. It doesn't matter if some became available later. The common person would have given up already.

For example all CA Radiohead tickets sold out in under a minute. If I am fortunate to still score some later that doesn't mean the tickets were easy to get. It means I got lucky.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    I wish I had something like this to complain about.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    haha :D awesome.

had to....i've had enough of the dis-information in this thread ;):)
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    MrSmith wrote:
    pearl jam fans scare me...

at times they blow my mind...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    Yes, Hard Sun was played with a backing track.

But Ed sang everything. Even the songs he screwed up and started over. How do you lip-sync those?
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    pjtaper wrote:
    I will say this, he played Man of the Hour all three nights, and I wish he would have played it 3 times at each show... WOW!!!! That was the highlight for me...
    Man of the Hour each night were by far the best versions ever, and Throw Your Arms Around me with Liam were my favorite versions of those also... Porch was cool. Anything with Ben Harper is AMAZING and I was lucky enough to meet him after the show. Liam finn is awesome, I hope he tours, I would love to see a show or two of his!
    Arc was crazy each time, gave me goosebumps, I'd love to somehow play all the different arcs at the same time, that would be grrrrrrrrrreat!

Umm, taper...
    playing all three arcs at the same time would take some form of electronic manipulation.

See the irony yet?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    pjtaper wrote:
    but he was NOT singing!

yes, he was, you crazy bastard.

How many beers did you have that night?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    This thread needs locked too.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Sweet bejeebus...people really care about this? Really?
  • Options
    joebot wrote:
    Maybe he looped the background vocals and sang the lead vocal live, atleast I hope so.
    I think that's exactly what happened. Anyone in attendance or anyone who's heard the recording can tell that Ed really is singing. I cannot believe this thread has made it to eight pages.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Exactly, and what a damn fun song, eh? Upbeat and just rockin'. You can tell that Ed was having a great time.

Hey Cosmo - it's Bryon from SLC, UT. It was great seeing you again and damn what great shows they were.
  • Options
    Exactly, and what a damn fun song, eh? Upbeat and just rockin'. You can tell that Ed was having a great time.

Hey Cosmo - it's Bryon from SLC, UT. It was great seeing you again and damn what great shows they were.
    Yeah, bud... good to see you, too. And 'Hard Sun' is a song that probably wouldn't have come off so great with just Ed and guitar... and it would be kind of dumb to put together an regular band for just one song. He might have been able to recruit a bassist and guitarist in L.A.... but, they would have had to rehearse and ... just too much work.
    Putting it on tape worked out just fine.
    And how cool did 'Porch' sound? Ed could have lip sync'd that because the entire house was singing that song.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    On Pjtaper's behalf... he is not the type to make such accusations without reasonable cause.

and if this is the case.. i can see being pissed off you blew alot of money on tix to sit and see someboy lip sync. Again, i wasn't there i have no idea.. i can just imagine the situation for sure.

No doubt lip syncing is bogus but how many shows did he got to? If I thought a performer was lip syncing at a show I would sure as hell let it be known then and there how I felt about it. But to save your complaints for a message board where the accused has no way to defend himself is pitiful. The whole thing is disrespectful and I have little respect for someone looking to propagate this story, especially without any proof... just weak.
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I believe everything pjtaper and patrickredeyes says...I am followers of their cult!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    piomba wrote:
    No doubt lip syncing is bogus but how many shows did he got to? If I thought a performer was lip syncing at a show I would sure as hell let it be known then and there how I felt about it. But to save your complaints for a message board where the accused has no way to defend himself is pitiful. The whole thing is disrespectful and I have little respect for someone looking to propagate this story, especially without any proof... just weak.

I don't get it. For just one song as well. A song that is accentuated by the backing music/vocals. At a solo show to boot. I think people just need to lighten up.
  • Options
    jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    I definitely noticed he wasn't playing very much of the guitar in that song. I think he just had his voice layered in through the speakers in parts.

It would have sounded fine with just Ed, Liam, and EJ, but both shows were still amazing.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    pjtaper wrote:
    Tickets were NOT hard to get! My friends needed tickets to LA 1, I found them both tix NO PROBLEM, one of which was a 4th row center ticket.
    I didn't have tickets to LA 2, I ended up finding 2 and got redeyes in...
    SD 1 I ended up with an extra seat, a good one, and I couldn't GIVE it away outside the venue.. I waited outside for a long time, even after Finn's set.
    Tickets were there!

Well then your contention is more with tm than Ed. On tm all these shows sold out in minutes. Except for a few diehards on here, who would travel across the country hoping that tix get released at the last second. Your argument that maybe about a dozen or twenty tix got released right before the show started does not mean these shows were an easy ticket to get.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder?

you should be thrown off the board for even saying some stupid shit like that!!!
  • Options
    evenkatevenkat Posts: 380
    i remember this one time in Columbus the 8 track started skipping during jeremy. It was funny.
    Hold on that was Milli Vanilli doing girl you know its true. I get that mixed up with eds howling during jeremy sometimes.

Ha-ha-ha!!!

I think I'm tired but every time I read this I LOL, literally.

Wouldn't it be Eddie Simpson...wasn't it Ashley.
    "...believe in lies...to get by...it's divine...whoa...oh, you know what its like..."