Options

Eddie Spears? Britney Vedder? Ed Lip Syncs too!!!

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Does anyone ever live up to your expectations?

EMEK does. :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Thin air is completely stones song. and black Stone wrote the music to.

I dont think ed would be comfortable doing Stones songs without stone.

If stone toured solo would he be doing Soon forget and better man?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    pjtaper wrote:
    there are PLENY of other Pearl Jam songs he could have played himself on guitar! PLENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thin Air?
    Black?
    Also, why couldn't Hard Sun just have been Ed Acoustic?

Because he wanted it to be a thing to do with Liam Finn and his female singer. Between the three of them that's a guitar, a drum, and some vocals. Now, if the chick played an acoustic guitar and Ed could play the electric...there'd be no use for the backing tape
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    jimed14 wrote:
    EMEK does. :D
    Always!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    looks like you've uncovered him as the no-talent fake that he is. :cool:
  • Options
    I'm sorry but anyone thinks ed doesn't sing or play the electric parts of Hard Sun, as well as liam playing drums you are complete and udder morons. Of course he used a backing track for parts of the song, did you see a band there. It was clear as day at both vancouver shows what was played and what was a recording, pay attention pea brains.

PS lets refrain from mentioning any thing about that disgusting, prefabricated pop star on the forum please. geeeez
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    There is an easy way to tell if Ed did or did not play the song . . . if he flubbed it, it was live.

Just kidding folks. This has been an amusing read. Peace.
  • Options
    When I try to lip sync,
    I turn on my recorder.
    When I go to play a show,
    I always, keep the same set list...
    Once I wrote a solo album,
    and had a solo tour,
    10 shows and 40 songs,
    but the setlists all the same!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!

It sounds better when I sing it to the Tune of Hard Sun, but only redeyes is around for that shit... I guess PM me your phone number if you want to hear!
  • Options
    The reason the set list wasn't mixed up that much is for two reasons imo. These are guesses not fact.
    1. These shows are going to be recorded for a double CD. He will take the best cuts from all the shows and release them on CD. No matter what show you went to the basic set list will be the same and it will be a great little souvenir.

2. With tickets being so hard to get and so few people going, I don't think there was as big of a need to mix up the set list. How many people here went to more than one show? How many people who are not on this board went to more then one show? I think we would find its a very small number.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    When I try to lip sync,
    I turn on my recorder.
    When I go to play a show,
    I always, keep the same set list...
    Once I wrote a solo album,
    and had a solo tour,
    10 shows and 40 songs,
    but the setlists all the same!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!
    There's a song,
    A song I sing,
    But I'm lip syncing,
    for no good reason!

It sounds better when I sing it to the Tune of Hard Sun, but only redeyes is around for that shit... I guess PM me your phone number if you want to hear!

Good lord...
  • Options
    The reason the set list wasn't mixed up that much is for two reasons imo. These are guesses not fact.
    1. These shows are going to be recorded for a double CD. He will take the best cuts from all the shows and release them on CD. No matter what show you went to the basic set list will be the same and it will be a great little souvenir.

2. With tickets being so hard to get and so few people going, I don't think there was as big of a need to mix up the set list. How many people here went to more than one show? How many people who are not on this board went to more then one show? I think we would find its a very small number.
    Tickets were NOT hard to get! My friends needed tickets to LA 1, I found them both tix NO PROBLEM, one of which was a 4th row center ticket.
    I didn't have tickets to LA 2, I ended up finding 2 and got redeyes in...
    SD 1 I ended up with an extra seat, a good one, and I couldn't GIVE it away outside the venue.. I waited outside for a long time, even after Finn's set.
    Tickets were there!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Tickets were NOT hard to get! My friends needed tickets to LA 1, I found them both tix NO PROBLEM, one of which was a 4th row center ticket.
    I didn't have tickets to LA 2, I ended up finding 2 and got redeyes in...
    SD 1 I ended up with an extra seat, a good one, and I couldn't GIVE it away outside the venue.. I waited outside for a long time, even after Finn's set.
    Tickets were there!

Do you think part of the reason for not mixing it up was to not please the douchebags yelling for "Vitalogy" and turning the whole night into a "shout your favorite PJ song that I can't play solo" type of night.

At the very least, you're overreacting like a spoiled child because Eddie didn't change his set list---like he fucking owes that to you.
  • Options
    Do you think part of the reason for not mixing it up was to not please the douchebags yelling for "Vitalogy" and turning the whole night into a "shout your favorite PJ song that I can't play solo" type of night.

At the very least, you're overreacting like a spoiled child because Eddie didn't change his set list---like he fucking owes that to you.
    It's ok that he didn't change his setlist, but I just wish I didn't see 3 shows... The first show was the best show of my life, then when he opened with walking the cow and around the bend the next two nights, I was yawning, kinda bored, waiting for the song to be over so I could hear what was next...
    I like Pearl Jam shows a hell of a lot better...
    and maybe if we didn't have to sit down, I wouldn't have been falling asleep, who knows...
  • Options
    What does this have to do with milking a cow exactly?
    lca1630 wrote:
    you are complete and udder morons.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    It's ok that he didn't change his setlist, but I just wish I didn't see 3 shows... The first show was the best show of my life, then when he opened with walking the cow and around the bend the next two nights, I was yawning, kinda bored, waiting for the song to be over so I could hear what was next...
    and maybe if we didn't have to sit down, I wouldn't have been falling asleep, who knows...

Just think of all the songs you heard live that 90% of the rest of the fans will never get to hear live. Into the Wild songs, Millworker, uke songs...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:

can't believe you were bored. or that you think ed wasn't singing. dude, you need some different drugs.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    pjtaper wrote:

Then why go to three shows???? Did anyone really think Ed was going to play a two hour solo show and change the set every night?
  • Options
    piombapiomba Posts: 103
    This thread depresses me. COME ON: who really complains about seeing more than one show: SPOILED LITTLE BRATS. Unbelievable. And why would you go to a show and scream out songs that you want to hear as the artist is trying to perform: CLASSLESS SPOILED BRATS. He is supporting the ITW soundtrack, he is going to play songs from ITW. Everthing else is icing.

And to say that he is lip syncing is a fairly big accusation. If you don't have any proof, keep it to yourself. After all these years, why would you accuse the man of such a thing? Venting is one thing and your opinion is another but come on...

weak.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    did he really lip sync? I just can't imagine ed doin that? Ah who knows.. maybe there was a good reason behind it?

He don't be needin that shiz :(

I never understood lip syncing. If its that difficult to play live, don't play it!
  • Options
    I will say this, he played Man of the Hour all three nights, and I wish he would have played it 3 times at each show... WOW!!!! That was the highlight for me...
    Man of the Hour each night were by far the best versions ever, and Throw Your Arms Around me with Liam were my favorite versions of those also... Porch was cool. Anything with Ben Harper is AMAZING and I was lucky enough to meet him after the show. Liam finn is awesome, I hope he tours, I would love to see a show or two of his!
    Arc was crazy each time, gave me goosebumps, I'd love to somehow play all the different arcs at the same time, that would be grrrrrrrrrreat!
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pjtaper wrote:
    Liam finn is awesome, I hope he tours, I would love to see a show or two of his!

He is touring ...

http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=A-LIAFIN&By=All&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=7&StartSearch.y=15
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I will say this, he played Man of the Hour all three nights, and I wish he would have played it 3 times at each show... WOW!!!! That was the highlight for me...
    Man of the Hour each night were by far the best versions ever, and Throw Your Arms Around me with Liam were my favorite versions of those also... Porch was cool. Anything with Ben Harper is AMAZING and I was lucky enough to meet him after the show. Liam finn is awesome, I hope he tours, I would love to see a show or two of his!
    Arc was crazy each time, gave me goosebumps, I'd love to somehow play all the different arcs at the same time, that would be grrrrrrrrrreat!

Now you are talking.
  • Options
    FUCKING AWESOME!
    http://www.thewalnutroom.com/
    May 9th, I'm seeing Neil Finn!

Man, I wish he would have played fucking Parting Ways at least one of the nights... I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    is what you're saying.........

he sang it in LA and used a machine to record background vocals.
    big deal.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    pearl jam fans scare me...
  • Options
    You are a loser :(
    pjtaper wrote:
    sorry about that double post... NOT really!

ed vedder does NOT sing lead vocals on Hard Sun...

Also, there are at least 50 other PJ songs he could have played, I was not thrilled about these setlists!

LBC? In Hiding? I yelled Who You Are after Last Kiss w/Jack... and wtf? Last Kiss with Jack Irons? WEAK!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    -meeting pjtaper and finding out he isn't a psycho like he appears to be on the message board (thanks for the beer).
    --still sticking to this story???!!! :D:p

Anybody could have gone to these shows. We drove a 1000 miles each way and got tickets.

but you still have to have the freedom to up and leave your family/kids/job...........
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I thought that was the whole idea of the Reel-to-Reel and the, 'SCIENCE' remark prior to 'Hard Sun'. You know, the parts being recorded and the live music played over it. Kind of like the way 'The Who' would play the keyboard parts for 'Baba O'Riley' and 'Won't Get Fooled Again' because pete was busy with the guitar parts.
    So... it was a live show. It would have been more like a Britney spears show if Ed danced around with his big belly sticking out.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    mjb wrote:
    DUDE! He wasn't exactly hiding it! He used an old reel to reel tape player that had the backing music (without lyrics) - Him and Liam played and sung over it. It was part of the effect...the "experiment" if you will...and it was awesome.

word
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06