Options

Fuck the World...NIN IS BACK!!!!

Comments

• Options
    greedygreedy Posts: 140
    Thanks for the info jasonbouchard88!

Will get there early for the merch booth. Looking forward to the show, its been since 2005!
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • Options
    I went to the show in Cleveland on Saturday and I was told the same thing about the merchandise table outside...we had questionable weather and they put the merch table inside, the posters were available during the entire show at this table. They had the same 2 posters available as I saw in the post above....I was not impressed with them. They were your standard posters, they were NOT prints, there was no indicator on them that they were a limited run, and other than being on paper heavier than normal posters there was nothing special about them, there were just the artwork from the Vinyl or the other was a list of show dates.

That said...the show was freaking amazing! The visuals were mind blowing. And any concert that plays "march of the pigs", "wish" and "somewhat damaged" is a winner in my opinion!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    greedy wrote:
    Cant wait for the show this Friday in Boston!!! Some great reviews in here!

Do they have cool tour posters?
    Here's one: http://i.imgur.com/U1pTNOM.jpg
    P.S: The poster you see here is only available at a tour merchandise booth OUTSIDE the venue, weather permitting. There's a very limited amount of that. At the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, it was inside the Galleria which was good because it was raining outside. It did say it would open at 5:00 PM, but it was open sooner. I didn't buy one because I was worried that I would end up losing it during the show since I did GA Floor. I actually found out about this when I got the email for ticket pick up/check-in as I bought mine through the nin.com member pre-sale.

Here's the other, which you will find it both inside and outside the venue:
    http://i.imgur.com/DU49xsN.jpg

Both pictures were taken at the St. Paul, Minnesota show on September 28.
    Wow, those are the shittiest concert posters I've ever seen. :?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    greedy wrote:
    Cant wait for the show this Friday in Boston!!! Some great reviews in here!

Do they have cool tour posters?
    P.S: The poster you see here is only available at a tour merchandise booth OUTSIDE the venue, weather permitting. There's a very limited amount of that. At the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, it was inside the Galleria which was good because it was raining outside. It did say it would open at 5:00 PM, but it was open sooner. I didn't buy one because I was worried that I would end up losing it during the show since I did GA Floor. I actually found out about this when I got the email for ticket pick up/check-in as I bought mine through the nin.com member pre-sale.

yeah, well, no one special was hired to make them :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    PJ_Soul wrote:

yeah, well, no one special was hired to make them :lol:
    Still... doesn't look like anyone tried very hard.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    monkeypimp wrote:
    I went to the show in Cleveland on Saturday and I was told the same thing about the merchandise table outside...we had questionable weather and they put the merch table inside, the posters were available during the entire show at this table. They had the same 2 posters available as I saw in the post above....I was not impressed with them. They were your standard posters, they were NOT prints, there was no indicator on them that they were a limited run, and other than being on paper heavier than normal posters there was nothing special about them, there were just the artwork from the Vinyl or the other was a list of show dates.

That said...the show was freaking amazing! The visuals were mind blowing. And any concert that plays "march of the pigs", "wish" and "somewhat damaged" is a winner in my opinion!
    They played these three songs when I saw them on Friday. They also played these three songs at the Virgin Festival in Toronto on August 2009, though Somewhat Damaged was the opener. It took me by surprised because the band suddenly showed up on stage and the house lights didn't even close until the musical part before "Made the choice to go away" was played (with intense strobe lights).
  • Options
    Theres been a couple tours when they do these crappy paper posters. Last tour I got a print was with teeth in 05 at the Boston Orpheum.

Any way set-lists have looked amazing. Love hearing terrible lie live too.
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • Options
    For the Nine Inch Nails fans in Australia and New Zealand (this goes also for fans of Queens of the Stone Age), I found this on Facebook:

"Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age will join forces for a double headline tour of Australia and New Zealand in 2014.

The first headline band on stage will be decided each night by the toss of a coin. The eight date run is set to begin at the Sydney Entertainment Centre on 6 March, 2014 and continue on visiting Newcastle, Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland and Christchurch. Presales designed to get the best tickets in the hands of fans at reasonable prices will be held at http://nin.com/ and http://qotsa.com/ - check http://tour.nin.com/ for details."

So in other words, it could be that all eight shows will have Nine Inch Nails or Queens of the Stone Age play last.
  • Options
    So in other words, it could be that all eight shows will have Nine Inch Nails or Queens of the Stone Age play last.

It could but I would expect both bands to get the same time allocation regardless who is on first or last.
  • Options

It could but I would expect both bands to get the same time allocation regardless who is on first or last.
    True. As far as I'm concerned, both bands could play 90 minutes each as this was the case for the NINJA Tour in 2009.
  • Options
    I've got everything crossed that they will tour the UK together next year :D
  • Options
    Spring/Summer sounds realistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they do another North American Tour next year, but I'm in no rush as I just saw them last Friday and I am still digesting the moments.
  • Options
    Spring/Summer sounds realistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they do another North American Tour next year, but I'm in no rush as I just saw them last Friday and I am still digesting the moments.

UK/Euro tour for NIN is April/May it seems. I don't see QOTSA coming with them as they are touring this November.
  • Options

UK/Euro tour for NIN is April/May it seems. I don't see QOTSA coming with them as they are touring this November.

I hope they come around again around the same time next year. Maybe bring Queens with them as well... I am more than ready for another show.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I wish they would take the NIN & QOTSA thing to europe, but I doubt this will happen.
  • Options
    I'm off to the show tonight in Boston, psyched!
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    I wish they would take the NIN & QOTSA thing to europe, but I doubt this will happen.

I'd prefer to see them both at their own shows. They'll probably only have 70 mins slots each. Own shows = more time.

Not that I would complain if they did do this in Europe 8-)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Tonight !!! :D:D:D
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 822
    Got Ghost from the library and listening to it now...still on disc 1...any lyrics coming on disc 2?

All I need to complete my NIN discography is With Teeth.

NIN is always good.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    Got Ghost from the library and listening to it now...still on disc 1...any lyrics coming on disc 2?

All I need to complete my NIN discography is With Teeth.

NIN is always good.

Ghosts? No, it's all instrumental
  • Options
    So I just got home from the show at the Barclays Center.... all I can say is OMFG. Seriously worth every single penny. Copy of a is probably my favorite song on the new album which the opened with, and Hurt is my hands down favorite NIN song period, which they closed with.

Seriously, Hurt as a closer is the best fucking thing I could have hoped for.

The lights and show and performance in general was amazing.

I can't even put into words how fantastic that show was. Post show euphoria is preventing me from making much sense, but if you can still get tickets to see them this tour, DO IT!!!
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    So I just got home from the show at the Barclays Center.... all I can say is OMFG. Seriously worth every single penny. Copy of a is probably my favorite song on the new album which the opened with, and Hurt is my hands down favorite NIN song period, which they closed with.

I can't even put into words how fantastic that show was. Post show euphoria is preventing me from making much sense, but if you can still get tickets to see them this tour, DO IT!!!

And now go listen to the new Pearl Jam. :P
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

And now go listen to the new Pearl Jam. :P
    I've had it on my phone since itunes.
    I was actually playing it for my friend on the way there.
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

Okay, then listen to it again. It's release day
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:

Okay, then listen to it again. It's release day

STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!! :twisted:

I've had it on repeat for the last 2 hours :shifty:
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    still waiting...... :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Have you still not listened to it?
  • Options

its only been a week since they said they were gonna send out a replacement.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

its only been a week since they said they were gonna send out a replacement.

But you haven't heard the album in any format?
  • Options
    But you haven't heard the album in any format?

how would I???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say