Options

Fuck the World...NIN IS BACK!!!!

Comments

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

I haven't seen this band in four freakin' years. I am losing my shit right now.

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    Okay.

Help a brother out here. I have never really got into Nine Inch Nails. I respect them and don't turn them off when they come on, but I've never searched for them on my iPod and played them.

I got two GA tickets to the Vancouver show and was planning on taking my son. It's a drive and a weeknight- there are some problems inherent with these factors. I'm kind of wondering if we should still go.

I've followed the enthusiasm in this thread with interest. I've checked out youtube clips of recent shows.

My thoughts are there has got to be something about this band that I do not get and if I watch them live... I'd probably 'get them'. I wasn't into Muse and after watching them... I was all in. On the other side... I'm going to other shows and the drive to Vancouver does tend to get tiresome- not to mention expensive for a band that I am not exactly in love with at the current moment.

Somebody sell me on following through with my original plan.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Okay.

Help a brother out here. I have never really got into Nine Inch Nails. I respect them and don't turn them off when they come on, but I've never searched for them on my iPod and played them.

I got two GA tickets to the Vancouver show and was planning on taking my son. It's a drive and a weeknight- there are some problems inherent with these factors. I'm kind of wondering if we should still go.

I've followed the enthusiasm in this thread with interest. I've checked out youtube clips of recent shows.

My thoughts are there has got to be something about this band that I do not get and if I watch them live... I'd probably 'get them'. I wasn't into Muse and after watching them... I was all in. On the other side... I'm going to other shows and the drive to Vancouver does tend to get tiresome- not to mention expensive for a band that I am not exactly in love with at the current moment.

It's a major production... I know people that aren't big fans of the band but want to see them live for their show production alone. Gimmesometruth isn't a fan but wanted to go to the live show

Trent spends days on everything and has a hand in every aspect of the show. He oversees and approves every moment of the production... down to every last graphic that is put on the screen. I think it is a better production than that Tool show we saw in St. Paul.

A lot of energy and a lot of fun, you should go.

AND you have GA tickets. That's going to be a great time!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    Okay.

I'm going to the Vancouver show, and it should be awesome! You should definitely go! And find me to say hi! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!

I haven't seen this band in four freakin' years. I am losing my shit right now.

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    cGkDqcs.gif
  • Options
    Okay.

It's a major production... I know people that aren't big fans of the band but want to see them live for their show production alone. Gimmesometruth isn't a fan but wanted to go to the live show

Trent spends days on everything and has a hand in every aspect of the show. He oversees and approves every moment of the production... down to every last graphic that is put on the screen. I think it is a better production than that Tool show we saw in St. Paul.

There really is nothing like NIN live. I love Pearl Jam, but NIN is my live band. There's a reason they're my 1a/1b bands (there's also a 1c).
  • Options
    Okay.

This is good sales. OK. I'm feeling it.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Okay.

I'm going to the Vancouver show, and it should be awesome! You should definitely go! And find me to say hi! ;)

More good sales.
  • Options
    Okay.

There really is nothing like NIN live. I love Pearl Jam, but NIN is my live band. There's a reason they're my 1a/1b bands (there's also a 1c).

Sold.
  • Options
    Sold.
    cm-23138-050624abe3a9e6.jpeg
  • Options
    Sold.
    cm-23138-050624abe3a9e6.jpeg

:lol:
  • Options
    You won't see anything like Aaron North slamming a guitar into a speaker and tossing it off the stage, but I still recommend it. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    You won't see anything like Aaron North slamming a guitar into a speaker and tossing it off the stage, but I still recommend it. :lol:
    Poop. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Poor Aaron North.. fucking sad to see his breakdown

Fuck was he crazy onstage. Fucking insane
  • Options
    That concert was insane! I didn't know what to expect from this new band, but Alesandro, Trent and Robin always kill it live. That was a 10/10 kind of concert. FTW...NIN IS BACK!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch ... 7d7dd.html
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    That concert was insane! I didn't know what to expect from this new band, but Alesandro, Trent and Robin always kill it live. That was a 10/10 kind of concert. FTW...NIN IS BACK!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch ... 7d7dd.html

I'll post more tomorrow

had my mind blown on mutiple occasions tonight

hearing A Warm Place was worth the price of admission to me, never thought there was a chance he'd play that, it was an incredible moment, I soaked that one in

Only into The Hand That Feeds was incredible

ridiculous visuals all night
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Shit, can't wait to next year, seen them in Belfast in August and was blown away! UK next year, hell yeah! 8-)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    I really enjoyed the concert in Toronto, though there were a few moments where I wasn't as into the show. It's possibly of the fact that I got out of bed at 6:30 AM as I had a class starting at 8:00 AM on Friday. If my class started later like at noon, I would have been less tired than this.

Anyway, for the show, I got at the nin.com pre-sale line-up at around 4:00 PM after ordering a veggie sub at Mr. Sub and ate at the line-up. Unexpectedly, at 4:30 PM, the nin.com pre-sale representative were checking at the fans, asking for ID and they gave a numbered wristband, which the fans must follow the order. I got #34. At 5:30 PM, the ticket check-in started and we were already allowed in in front of the entrance of Section 121, where fans can get floor access. I also unintentionally sneaked my bottle of water in. Fans were actually allowed to buy drinks, food and merchandise in the venue. Just after 6:45 PM, we got on the floor, where I managed to be front row on the left side of the barricade. It was a great show and I was glad to do floor. It was the first time I did floor for NIN as I wanted to "spice up" the experience. At first, I didn't understand why on Ticketmaster, Section 118 & 109 were obstructed view seats because it seemed like there was nothing blocking them, but when NIN took the stage, I understood why.

Great production and visuals and the band was great. The female vocalists did add up to the show and I thought it was a nice change for NIN. It was surprisingly mellow where I was. In fact, it was only starting with Wish that I felt it was rougher and I barely caught a female crowd surfer's leg on the right side during the song. I helped her landed safely on the other side an held her leg until I knew she would land safely. Pretty good setlist, even though they played a lot from Hesitation Mark. I love the album, just felt there was one too many songs played. Again, it may be attributed to the fact that I was up all day and feeling more tired. Overall, I had a great time.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Poor Aaron North.. fucking sad to see his breakdown

Fuck was he crazy onstage. Fucking insane
    I never saw NIN with Aaron North, but watching Besides You In Time made me wish that Aaron was still with the band. Glad that Robin Finck is still with them. He's the only member besides Trent that I've seen at every single NIN concerts.
  • Options
    I never saw NIN with Aaron North, but watching Besides You In Time made me wish that Aaron was still with the band. Glad that Robin Finck is still with them. He's the only member besides Trent that I've seen at every single NIN concerts.

Yeah, Aaron is pretty fucked up now. Not sure if you've read this

http://www.spin.com/articles/aaron-nort ... arus-line/
  • Options

Yeah, I did. That is really a shame. I was actually wondering what was going on with him about a month ago.
  • Options

Yeah, I did. That is really a shame. I was actually wondering what was going on with him about a month ago.

I'd been wondering for a while after I'd heard that Jubilee stuff
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    What has the start time been for this tour? Hitting the boston show Friday
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    The show in Toronto started at 8:00 PM, but opening act Explosions in the Sky took the stage 5 minutes late. Played a 45 minutes set, ended at 8:50 PM. Nine Inch Nails, originally scheduled to take the stage at 9:15 PM, took the stage at 9:20 PM. I don't blame them, the opening act was a bit late.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 wrote:
    The show in Toronto started at 8:00 PM, but opening act Explosions in the Sky took the stage 5 minutes late. Played a 45 minutes set, ended at 8:50 PM. Nine Inch Nails, originally scheduled to take the stage at 9:15 PM, took the stage at 9:20 PM. I don't blame them, the opening act was a bit late.

Great, thanks!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Josh Eustis went on a rant today about people recording video and audio with phones.

Check out the Telfon Tel Aviv Facebook page for more
  • Options
    Josh Eustis went on a rant today about people recording video and audio with phones.

Check out the Telfon Tel Aviv Facebook page for more
    Just read about it. Pretty lame that the fans do that. Although there is a bit of arrogance about it, I overall agree with what he says. This is what I wrote on his comment:

"I agree. I was at the Nine Inch Nails concert in Toronto last Friday and I felt hugely lucky to be in front on the left side of the barrier, right in front of you. Not a single time did I use my cell phone during the show because it distracts me and I wanted to enjoy the show but more importantly, I didn't want to lose my IPhone. I even turned it off so that I can focus SOLELY on Nine Inch Nails and my surroundings for crowd surfers and other fans. If I was a bit further, who knows, maybe I would have been blocked by these idiots recording the show."
  • Options
    greedygreedy Posts: 140
    Cant wait for the show this Friday in Boston!!! Some great reviews in here!

Do they have cool tour posters?
    Mansfield, MA 1998
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Mansfield, MA 2003
    Boston, MA 2004
    Boston, MA 2010
    Boston, MA 2011 (EV)
    2013 - Wrigley, IL / Worcester, MA (Night 1) / Worcester, MA (Night 2) / Hartford, CT
  • Options
    jasonbouchard88jasonbouchard88 Posts: 369
    edited October 2013
    greedy wrote:
    Cant wait for the show this Friday in Boston!!! Some great reviews in here!

Do they have cool tour posters?
    Here's one: http://i.imgur.com/U1pTNOM.jpg
    P.S: The poster you see here is only available at a tour merchandise booth OUTSIDE the venue, weather permitting. There's a very limited amount of that. At the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, it was inside the Galleria which was good because it was raining outside. It did say it would open at 5:00 PM, but it was open sooner. I didn't buy one because I was worried that I would end up losing it during the show since I did GA Floor. I actually found out about this when I got the email for ticket pick up/check-in as I bought mine through the nin.com member pre-sale.

Here's the other, which you will find it both inside and outside the venue:
    http://i.imgur.com/DU49xsN.jpg

Both pictures were taken at the St. Paul, Minnesota show on September 28.
    Post edited by jasonbouchard88 on