Options

Fuck the World...NIN IS BACK!!!!

Comments

• Options
    What shows were cancelled? I just looked on their site and they have played all shows except two festivals
  • Options
    monkeypimp wrote:
    What shows were cancelled? I just looked on their site and they have played all shows except two festivals

Those two festival
  • Options
    "Unforeseen production conflicts"

Uhhhh... alrighty.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    Just received my vinyl!!

Here we go with the first listen/spin.

But first........ :mrgreen:
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Less than two weeks before Nine Inch Nails will kick off their Tension North American Tour on September 28 in St. Paul, Minnesota. I can't wait to see them in Toronto on October 4. I can expect to receive an email from Musictoday in the next two weeks regarding on how to pick up my ticket. Fans who bought their tickets through the nin.com pre-sale should expect an email about a few days before their respective show(s).
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,386
    Just got tickets for the first show in St. Paul. To say I'm stoked is an understatement! It's been a while since I've been to a "big" show, last NIN show was 2008 so I'm definitely excited!
  • Options
    adusick wrote:
    Just got tickets for the first show in St. Paul. To say I'm stoked is an understatement! It's been a while since I've been to a "big" show, last NIN show was 2008 so I'm definitely excited!
    Was that the show where NIN postponed their Minneapolis, Minnesota show in August 2008 to November due to illness from Trent Reznor? I remember reading it and was hoping they wouldn't postpone their Toronto show, which was just a few days after their Minneapolis show on August 2 and Lollapalooza on August 3. I actually hadn't really noticed his sore throat at all when I saw them in Toronto on August 5. I did seat back then, but I didn't know that those who bought nin.com pre-sale tickets would get early entry so I was glad to have done that instead of GA Floor. I don't mind doing GA Floor, but when I do this, I do want to be as close to the stage as possible, which is what I will do when I go see NIN on October 4.
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,386
    adusick wrote:
    Was that the show where NIN postponed their Minneapolis, Minnesota show in August 2008 to November due to illness from Trent Reznor? I remember reading it and was hoping they wouldn't postpone their Toronto show, which was just a few days after their Minneapolis show on August 2 and Lollapalooza on August 3. I actually hadn't really noticed his sore throat at all when I saw them in Toronto on August 5. I did seat back then, but I didn't know that those who bought nin.com pre-sale tickets would get early entry so I was glad to have done that instead of GA Floor. I don't mind doing GA Floor, but when I do this, I do want to be as close to the stage as possible, which is what I will do when I go see NIN on October 4.

No actually I saw them at the Lollapalooza gig, but yes I remember the postponement of the St. Paul show. At the time I wasn't a huge fan, just knew the "hits", but that Lolla show made me dig deeper and turned me into a fan.

I hate to say this, but I'm almost anticipating this NIN show more than I would a PJ show! Maybe. :)
  • Options
    adusick wrote:
    adusick wrote:

No actually I saw them at the Lollapalooza gig, but yes I remember the postponement of the St. Paul show. At the time I wasn't a huge fan, just knew the "hits", but that Lolla show made me dig deeper and turned me into a fan.

I hate to say this, but I'm almost anticipating this NIN show more than I would a PJ show! Maybe. :)
    Funny you say you only knew the hits back then: I too only knew the hits more and was actually more familiar with their newer stuff than their older stuff. When I saw them at the LITS, the only songs that I didn't know were The Big Come Down and the Ghosts stuff. Saw them two more time in 2009 and couldn't believe how heavily varied the setlist was.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as to who they prefer more. In my case, I prefer NIN more most likely because of their intense light show as well as you don't need to pay to be a nin.com member, which gives you the opportunity to buy nin.com pre-sale tickets. I can't believe their Toronto show is close of being sold out. I was pretty sure that the 300L would not be really filled, especially with the tickets being more expensive. I was wrong. It looks like that there will be more fans going to the Toronto show on October 4 than when NIN played on August 5, 2008.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    received my vinyl today. free cd with it, and package marked as gift so I did not have to pay any customs fees & taxes. way to go! will definitely consider ordering from them again.

now, to finally find some free time to spin that record...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,448
    Anyone go to their tour rehearsal this past weekend? I know they had some sort of contests, etc. to gain entry. I caught wind of it after the fact!
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    received my vinyl today. free cd with it, and package marked as gift so I did not have to pay any customs fees & taxes. way to go! will definitely consider ordering from them again.

now, to finally find some free time to spin that record...

:clap::clap::clap:

Outstanding
  • Options
    For the fans who bought nin.com pre-sale tickets for the St. Paul, Minnesota show this Saturday: I just saw a post from the nin.com forum from a user name buzburbank about this:

Just a head's up to St. Paul presale participants, the NINtix e-mail with instructions, map, etc., has gone out...mine arrived a few minutes ago.

Check your emails to see if you got it. I can expect an email the first two days of October for their Toronto. CAN'T... F******... WAIT!!! ARE YOU READY?! :D
  • Options
    Is it Saturday yet? Going to be amazing
  • Options
    Did you buy your tickets for the Saturday from the nin.com pre-sale? If so, have you received an email regarding how to pick up the tickets? I would like to get an idea so I can better prepare myself for the big night in Toronto on October 4. Both the Minnesota and Toronto shows will start at 8:00 PM btw. Nonetheless, less than 74 hours to go!
  • Options
    Did you buy your tickets for the Saturday from the nin.com pre-sale? If so, have you received an email regarding how to pick up the tickets? I would like to get an idea so I can better prepare myself for the big night in Toronto on October 4. Both the Minnesota and Toronto shows will start at 8:00 PM btw. Nonetheless, less than 74 hours to go!

I did not. I went with cheaper seats :D
  • Options
    Is Explosions in the Sky coming on at 8?
  • Options

I did not. I went with cheaper seats :D
    I see. Have fun. Hopefully, those cheap seats won't be too far from the stage. When I saw NIN in 2008, there were no big side screens for the fans sitting far getting a closer look of the members. Fortunately, I was close, though I did reserved seat. In fact, I had a bit of a scary moment: I arrived at the show a little later, skipping the opening act. I went to where my seat was, Section 108, Row 1, Seat 28. When I show the staff member my ticket, she told me that the seat didn't exist anymore. She was nice enough to take me to fan service especially it was the very first time that I had a problem regarding seat. When we got there, I was given a new ticket: Section 108, Row 1, Seat 26. Good thing I went by myself otherwise that could have been a real mess. I later found out that the non-existant seat was removed about a month before that concert.
  • Options
    Trent posted this video last night of rehearsals

"...and then there were EIGHT"

http://instagram.com/p/eteB35TPXy/

Sounds like a female voice... and that's definitely Pino Palladino on bass
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762

I'm going to go out on a big limb here and guess that was shot by Rob Sheridan :)

Can't wait to see them this tour.
  • Options
    Pretty sure they added two female vocalists and Pino for the upcoming tour. Can't wait for Newark
  • Options
    Edrock78 wrote:
    Pretty sure they added two female vocalists and Pino for the upcoming tour. Can't wait for Newark

Holy shit
  • Options
    I see. Have fun. Hopefully, those cheap seats won't be too far from the stage. When I saw NIN in 2008, there were no big side screens for the fans sitting far getting a closer look of the members. Fortunately, I was close, though I did reserved seat. In fact, I had a bit of a scary moment: I arrived at the show a little later, skipping the opening act. I went to where my seat was, Section 108, Row 1, Seat 28. When I show the staff member my ticket, she told me that the seat didn't exist anymore. She was nice enough to take me to fan service especially it was the very first time that I had a problem regarding seat. When we got there, I was given a new ticket: Section 108, Row 1, Seat 26. Good thing I went by myself otherwise that could have been a real mess. I later found out that the non-existant seat was removed about a month before that concert.

I'm glad that you got a seat! That's some dirty shit, they should have told you when the seat was removed.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    I have a pair of GA Fanclub for Toronto on October 4th, that i'd like to trade for a pair of seats for the same show.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options

Sweet 8-)
  • Options
    Anyone else not loving the new album? It sounds like disco NIN
  • Options
    "TENSION 2013: Alessandro Cortini, Joshua Eustis, Robin Finck, Lisa Fischer, Sharlotte Gibson, Pino Palladino, Trent Reznor, and Ilan Rubin."
  • Options
    BR107407 wrote:
    Anyone else not loving the new album? It sounds like disco NIN

Sounds more funk/hip-hop to me as it progresses

It's cool.
  • Options
    "TENSION 2013: Alessandro Cortini, Joshua Eustis, Robin Finck, Lisa Fischer, Sharlotte Gibson, Pino Palladino, Trent Reznor, and Ilan Rubin."
    Where did you get this from? If this is the first time NIN are playing shows with female backup vocalists, then NIN officially broke the gender barrier (not the first time for Trent since he played shows with htda). And I approve the extra additions. I wonder if the female singers will take over the backup vocals ilan Rubin had done with the festival shows. Does this mean Joshua Eustis is taking care of more keyboards?