Options

Fuck the World...NIN IS BACK!!!!

Comments

• Options
    I saw the stream of their Made In America Festival performance in full. Great performance. The light show and visuals were sick and I'm sure that if I was there, it would have been even sicker. Jay Z didn't make an appearance. It would have been cool, but at the same time, I was glad that it didn't happen. At least, Trent thanked Jay Z for inviting them to the festival. I love the reworked versions of the songs they played. I'm even more pumped to see them again in Toronto on October 4. Just how "completely different" their production for their festival shows is to the one for their arena tour, that remains to be seen. To remain as surprised as possible, I don't plan to watch anymore clips of NIN until I see them (at least of this year).
  • Options
    My deluxe cd arrived today. Really nice package and artwork, worth the extra £$€.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    I saw the stream of their Made In America Festival performance in full. Great performance. The light show and visuals were sick and I'm sure that if I was there, it would have been even sicker. Jay Z didn't make an appearance. It would have been cool, but at the same time, I was glad that it didn't happen. At least, Trent thanked Jay Z for inviting them to the festival. I love the reworked versions of the songs they played. I'm even more pumped to see them again in Toronto on October 4. Just how "completely different" their production for their festival shows is to the one for their arena tour, that remains to be seen. To remain as surprised as possible, I don't plan to watch anymore clips of NIN until I see them (at least of this year).

I was there. You were right, light shows and visuals were pretty sick. New songs sounded great live (only played 3 of them though). I was kinda hoping someone was gonna join them, i wdidn't think Jay-Z though. I was hoping for Josh Homme but alas it didn't happen. One slight problem I had was they played mostly the "hits"which Trent even said towards the end :lol:

Also I guess it didn't help too much that I lost my phone halfway through their set :( So I couldn't get into it too much cause I was more worried about my phone (got it after the show, thank god).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Time to see what this audiophile business is all about
  • Options
    Yep.

I like this a lot more. Really nice low end. Nice to clearly hear the low ends of the synths, as well.

This is going to sound really cool on vinyl
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    Yep.

I like this a lot more. Really nice low end. Nice to clearly hear the low ends of the synths, as well.

Yeah, it really does sound better... Sounds awesome, in fact.

I don't know why I can't get this straight... so the vinyl the audiophile mastered version??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,908
    SO EXCITED!!! I won tickets to their private show at the Troubadour in LA tonight!!! Freaking out right now. :D
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yep.

Yeah, it really does sound better... Sounds awesome, in fact.

I don't know why I can't get this straight... so the vinyl the audiophile mastered version??

And I can clearly hear Adrian Belew and Lindsay Buckingham's guitar playing.

"...And vinyl purists rest assured, the vinyl edition was mastered to sound the very best for that format. The Audiophile Version is merely an alternate take on the mastering, which some people will appreciate. It’s meant to give a slightly different experience, not denigrate the standard version. Listen to each and come to your own conclusions."
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    SO EXCITED!!! I won tickets to their private show at the Troubadour in LA tonight!!! Freaking out right now. :D

Wow! Very cool!
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:

That's awesome, make sure to report back :D
  • Options
    I was going to check out their State College show Oct 19th, but some other band is playing in Brooklyn that kept me from getting tix...
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,387
    For those who haven't ordered 'Hesitation Marks' yet - the 2LP vinyl+CD is on sale at PopMarket for $23.99 right now!

http://www.popmarket.com/details/288272 ... d=28826913

Go get em!
  • Options
    I bought the physical copy of Hesitation Marks by NIN today. I've already listened to their stream, which was great and I'm glad that I now have a copy.
  • Options
    A more important thing:

For the fans who live in Connecticut, especially those close to Uncasville: Nine Inch Nails have added a show at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on Saturday, October 12. There will be a nin.com pre-sale starting on Wednesday, September 4 at 4:00 PM ET, which is TOMORROW. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, September 6 at 10:00 AM ET.
  • Options
    Has anybody got the vinyl yet? I called the 2 stores in my area but neither one of them got it and they both said they're hearing it's delayed. Was there any news about this that I missed?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    Has anybody got the vinyl yet? I called the 2 stores in my area but neither one of them got it and they both said they're hearing it's delayed. Was there any news about this that I missed?

I got an email on Friday saying mine has been shipped.
    I live in Canada so it might take a couple weeks to get here.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    I picked one up this morning from my local record store, it's out there.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Like the new album, but I don't love it. A lot of it seems like re-hashed ideas from earlier efforts. I hear a good amount of With Teeth in this :shock:.

I'm enjoying the album but I would rather a band evolve more. This is how I feel after 3 listens, so I may grow to like it even more.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

Cool, thank you.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    edited September 2013
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Like the new album, but I don't love it. A lot of it seems like re-hashed ideas from earlier efforts. I hear a good amount of With Teeth in this :shock:.

I'm enjoying the album but I would rather a band evolve more. This is how I feel after 3 listens, so I may grow to like it even more.

It sounds like its own animal in the NIN catalog to me. Definitely influences from previous work, but not entirely. I've heard it roughly 25 times.
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,509

Got mine yesterday from Amazon...sounds great!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,908
    edited September 2013
    The show last night was absolutely incredible! I had seen them four times previously, but never that up close and personal. Amazing to see one of their shows that's stripped of all their production and it's even more intense. The new album took me a few listens before I started to get into it. They only played three new songs last night, but it's making me like the new stuff even more. "Came Back Haunted" and "Disappointed" were great and it was cool to see a few rarities. Feel really fortunate that I was able to get into the show, as I initially glanced over the lottery numbers they tweeted and thought I didn't win since I didn't get an email at first. Glanced back at them and realized one of the numbers was mine and the email came through about 20-30 min later. :D

Hoping I can catch them again in the fall.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... a-20130904

7d9dcce9-28ff-4d62-a10b-ffff85aa4087_zps01a22c22.jpg[/URL]
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    So. Jealous. :)
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    The show last night was absolutely incredible! I had seen them four times previously, but never that up close and personal. Amazing to see one of their shows that's stripped of all their production and it's even more intense. The new album took me a few listens before I started to get into it. They only played three new songs last night, but it's making me like the new stuff even more. "Came Back Haunted" and "Disappointed" were great and it was cool to see a few rarities. Feel really fortunate that I was able to get into the show, as I initially glanced over the lottery numbers they tweeted and thought I didn't win since I get an email. Glanced back at them and realized one of the numbers was mine and the email came through about 20-30 min later. :D

Hoping I can catch them again in the fall.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... a-20130904

7d9dcce9-28ff-4d62-a10b-ffff85aa4087_zps01a22c22.jpg[/URL]
    I saw a clip of Head Like a Hole from this show: it looks extremely small. I know the capacity is only 400, but still. I would love to go see NIN in a club venue. Even though I saw them twice in their "deconstructed" form in 2009, in Toronto, both of them at Molson Amphitheatre, I still want to go see them in a much smaller capacity venue. It may not happen for awhile though. At least, I will do GA Floor when they come to Toronto on October 4. And I'm hoping they will do another Tension North American tour next year, except they will play amphitheatres instead of arenas like they did with their With Teeth Tour in 2006.
  • Options
    Got the album in the mail this morning! :thumbup:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Sweet, that means mine is close.... :)

I still have yet to listen. I have been holding out for the vinyl to be delivered.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    edited September 2013
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Sweet, that means mine is close.... :)

I still have yet to listen. I have been holding out for the vinyl to be delivered.
    I would love to have that kind of self-discipline. :P
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    And I'm hoping they will do another Tension North American tour next year, except they will play amphitheatres instead of arenas like they did with their With Teeth Tour in 2006.

I think that just might happen.

On another note, I see some HTDA shows were cancelled. I wonder why
  • Options
    And I'm hoping they will do another Tension North American tour next year, except they will play amphitheatres instead of arenas like they did with their With Teeth Tour in 2006.

What's HTDA?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

What's HTDA?

How to Destroy Angels... another band trent is in with his wife Mariqueen, Atticus Ross, and Rob Sheridan.

I guess Alessandro has been playing live shows with them as well.