looks like ive been ripped off by 5against1- update

124»

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    has he given you the tracking number?
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    He has yeah, it seems to have stopped in Illinois about a week ago and nothing further. It could still arrive, just it's weird it stops there and nothing else. Backlog from the winter storms? Possibly. Everything else has gotten through though. I dunno.
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    He has yeah, it seems to have stopped in Illinois about a week ago and nothing further. It could still arrive, just it's weird it stops there and nothing else. Backlog from the winter storms? Possibly. Everything else has gotten through though. I dunno.

wierd huh? had stuff arriving from the states too....hmmmmmm perhaps its insured so at least you can claim if it goes missing? and maybe you can put a trace on the package via UPS?
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Between this dude getting a '96 Emek for $400 and that JP33 dude telling us he met Ed and we never will....

I'm gonna just go off myself now... How can we ever compete with these two fucking stallions?! :roll:

Nice! I'm with you....we can't compete anymore :lol:
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Knowing him, he probably sent an empty envelope with tracking to somewhere in illinois.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    punkmattpunkmatt Posts: 122
    Are you international? When ive sent out packages it goes though Chicago and then no more tracking info. I literally just had someone contact me after waiting for a package for almost two months. The tracking info stopped at Illinois. I contacted the postal service and was rudely informed that after it leaves there then its in the hands of customs. She said it could take two days,weeks, months etc. and they have no way of telling where it is at. I contacted the person I was trading with and we decided to give it another week or two before I'd take the hit. Long story short, they received the item after about 2 and a half months due to customs in Italy and were happy. Tracking info still shows Chicago....

Hopefully it's being held up in customs..
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    punkmatt wrote:
    Are you international? When ive sent out packages it goes though Chicago and then no more tracking info. I literally just had someone contact me after waiting for a package for almost two months. The tracking info stopped at Illinois. I contacted the postal service and was rudely informed that after it leaves there then its in the hands of customs. She said it could take two days,weeks, months etc. and they have no way of telling where it is at. I contacted the person I was trading with and we decided to give it another week or two before I'd take the hit. Long story short, they received the item after about 2 and a half months due to customs in Italy and were happy. Tracking info still shows Chicago....

Hopefully it's being held up in customs..

This is just an observation from my experiences, but it seems many US shippers are either misinformed by USPS staffers and/or are under the impression the US Customs form number is a valid tracking number when it's not. It appears as though the US Customs form number is traceable while inside the USPS system; however, once it leaves the States that number is useless.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Thanks Punkmatt.
    Similarly, when a registered item leaves Ireland, it can't really be tracked online but I can call customer service(as I had to recently) and they were able to tell me it was last scanned in a sorting office in JFK, where all mail from/to here from the US goes through, able to tell me the time it was scanned and also able to tell me there was a backlog owing to the bad winter storms that affected the east coast US. The item did eventually get delivered withi that week.
    Stuff does get lost but its a whole lot harder for it to, if its registered. Someone just sending a registered item to the last point checkable is a new one on me. From here, I can follow items to the door. Too bad it doesn't work incoming.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    eldarion75 wrote:

wait, you are in ireland? wow....seems really odd that it would head to IL first? i thought he lived in NY
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    It seems to be in a sort facility in NYC now. So that's a movement I think? It's headed east anyways :)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    eldarion75 wrote:
    It seems to be in a sort facility in NYC now. So that's a movement I think? It's headed east anyways :)
    if he is at northeast,then yes..all goes to NY facility first and from there to europe
    means that moving..good luck :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,695
    81 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

wait, you are in ireland? wow....seems really odd that it would head to IL first? i thought he lived in NY

Maybe his 'Storage Shed' is in Illinois
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Kearn5y wrote:
    81 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

Maybe his 'Storage Shed' is in Illinois

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Forgot to update this. To be honest I don't even want to think about it.
    He sent it back. I wanted nothing to so with it and sent it straight on to elway.
    So I guess he made it right. I'd still warn any and all to avoid dealing with the guy in question.
    Case closed. Onto happier things:)
  • Options
    good to hear Dave

episode over, not ideal as you dont have the print, but thankfully you didnt lose out, other than in terms of the time wasted.
  • Options
    sucks that people have to be called out like this to eventually do what's right.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    glad to hear things worked out in the end....sucks that this guy is always pulling crap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    I cant wait for 5against1 to forum post again ... i'll be cracking open a beer and :corn: :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    sucks that people have to be called out like this to eventually do what's right.

+ 1
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Fuck it. Know what? It's not worth it.
    Post edited by eldarion75 on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hebis a douche....
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    People are really strange in PJ Land
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Are we really that surprised? Ppl these days.

Is S the initial of his name?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Uh oh :shock:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I'm so sad. This is awful. People so special like you should never get treated this way.

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad that other members helped you out.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    good atleast get your item back
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”