Options

looks like ive been ripped off by 5against1- update

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    nadahombre wrote:
    I absolutely believe the mods should allow for the retention of a bad trades list
    i understand the idea,but who will "police" this?
    like the good traders list..

i can post in the good list thread,10 names,what ever i want that i never done a trade,just to give them a positive vote..

and what if come in the thread 5 friends of 5against1 and post he is great to deal with..
    where he belongs?in which list?bad or good

the whole should be only by trust for me,but isnt easy to trust this days..everyone..but just a few only

seems the whole list thing become a joke as others post already.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    nadahombre wrote:
    I absolutely believe the mods should allow for the retention of a bad trades list
    i understand the idea,but who will "police" this?
    like the good traders list..

i can post in the good list thread,10 names,what ever i want that i never done a trade,just to give them a positive vote..

and what if come in the thread 5 friends of 5against1 and post he is great to deal with..
    where he belongs?in which list?bad or good

the whole should be only by trust for me,but isnt easy to trust this days..everyone..but just a few only

seems the whole list thing become a joke as others post already.
    +1
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I think anyone on the oH SHiT list should be baking us some cupcakes dammit!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    nadahombre wrote:
    I think before you trade with any member it's now necessary to check the good trades list and even if they're on it see the last time they were recommended. Failing that ask around your immediate contacts first.

Theproblem with looking at the last time they were recommended is that if they are already in bold people mightn't feel the need to say anything. Also people should be able to not buy/sell/trade for extended periods without it doing them any damage.
    If anyone is truly concerned they can check who put them up for the list and contact them, that said I haven't ever had a bad experience and I think most people are pretty good, it's just a pity about those few who aren't, and it seems like it's getting more and more frequent
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    And it seems to be the same people reoffending if the mails I've gotten since are anything to go by, and that's the really astounding part. My fault for not checking out this guys history. Should we have to do that every time?
    We shouldn't but these same few are ruining it for everybody.
  • Options
    Bummer D town, I don't understand why people do that shit. fuckin wack yo. I hope the emerald isle is treating you well. Love Paul
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    Whils I am not a big player on this forum, actions like this make very hesitant to engage in trading/selling. I've been fortunate to have received some great advice from a few of the bigger players-thanks for that! And so far the few transactions I've made have been great. I don't know what can be done about those few bad apples....I love reading about all of the items for sale/trade and hope to buy more when my bank account stops laughing at me! They just need to stop it and honor their obligations so we can all enjoy this forum without questioning anyones integrity.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    And it seems to be the same people reoffending if the mails I've gotten since are anything to go by, and that's the really astounding part. My fault for not checking out this guys history. Should we have to do that every time?
    thats the problem,we end up there..need to check out someones history,history made by other members posts,which sometimes maybe are post for create that history as good/bad apples..
    you are right,some ruin the whole trust builded here and ruin all the fun and the excitment when you find an item for buy or trade,item you was searching so badly..
    you cant find an item you want and every time to play it detective to check someone history,and ask around if he is someone you can trust.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    look at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=149197

Wow, that person isn't listed. I wonder why. and really why a ten club member would ever screw over another member like that. Unfortunate as it is things happen. I don't know the whole story, so I can't judge. I would drive to his house, buy a plane ticket, or show up at his work. Obviously, he has technical difficulties or maybe all his fingers are broken? I'm blunt.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    eldarion75 wrote:

It is not your fault. Never was your fault.

Which Dan McCarthy poster was it? I have a few posters.
    I think it would be a great thing that you still get this poster. (If I have it I will ship it, and I don't need pics)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    STAYSEA wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

I think it would be a great thing that you still get this poster. (If I have it I will ship it, and I don't need pics)
    :thumbup:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

:thumbup: :clap:
  • Options
    DRIVETDRIVET Posts: 120
    I'm really sorry and angered to hear about this, especially given the nonsense this guy put me through.

:(
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    ahill721 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    cool idea would be a 3 strike and you're out policy.
    that could be great.

I think you should be out after one strike.

:clap: yes one
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    releaseNYreleaseNY In my private universe Posts: 153
    i agree on the one strike and you're out.

if a poster is lost, that's one thing. sh*t happens and the seller should try to make good, but as long as the buyer feels like every effort to correct in good faith was made, that's well... one thing.

if there is no communication after repeated attempts, especially if the seller is obviously online, something is shady.
    you paid to get in, you're free to leave.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    This forum cannot be policed - don't get me wrong, I like this forum, but it's really turned into something pretty dodgy over the last year or so. It's become more of a lawless eBay in my opinion. The A+ traders list is great, but like someone mentioned, one 'good' transaction and your on it? People nominating others - a word of mouth deal so to speak. There are just too many fences that need building around here and I don't think any collective of people here can build and maintain them. I think the forum's days are numbered. Just my thoughts. Don't need to start a debate here.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    This forum cannot be policed - don't get me wrong, I like this forum, but it's really turned into something pretty dodgy over the last year or so. It's become more of a lawless eBay in my opinion. The A+ traders list is great, but like someone mentioned, one 'good' transaction and your on it? People nominating others - a word of mouth deal so to speak. There are just too many fences that need buildind I don't think anf people here uild and maintain them. I think the forum's days are numbered.. Just my thoughts. Don't need to start a debate here.

[/b. ]. That wouldn't be good!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    This forum cannot be policed - don't get me wrong, I like this forum, but it's really turned into something pretty dodgy over the last year or so. It's become more of a lawless eBay in my opinion. The A+ traders list is great, but like someone mentioned, one 'good' transaction and your on it? People nominating others - a word of mouth deal so to speak. There are just too many fences that need building around here and I don't think any collective of people here can build and maintain them. I think the forum's days are numbered. Just my thoughts. Don't need to start a debate here.

Well said. You just missed the words "fair price" whatever the fuck that means anymore. This place should have two threads and that's it.

One the takes you to Ebeans

One that takes you to ebay or lately stubhub.

I remember the days when it was nothing but hey I got an extra of this or that. Just pay shipping. Now it's an overpriced PayPal (gift only or pay extra fees) machine.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Sorry to hyjack dude! Hope this gets worked out. Please don't think I was being a dick on purpose.
  • Options
    im trying to say it.....more than a year...
    someone says you are good cos of a trade,real or not and you are in..someone says you are bad,real or not,you are out...etc..we cant police the forum,we cant do the detectives,we cant do the judges..and for prove what you saying??you need to post the pm conversation
    who gives you the right to post private conversation?
    in the beggining was rear to flip an item you bought from goods,now is the rule..
    the mods need to do the police in every trade,in every sale??
    yeah right..read Sea comment about the ticket sale-trades
    i think they are very close to shut it down..sad,but true...
  • Options
    and i really hope Dave,he make the right thing this member 5against1..
    but im thinking,his reputation is bad already,no one will do trades with him...
    and sure you help to warn others for not ripped off in the future..
    so,with this kind of reputation why to do the right thing..?
    if he give a shit,he would be good from the beggining of this trade..
    seems he dont care,no answer to any type of communication with you....
    anyway.good luck..lets hope for a miracle
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    back up top
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    5against1 again...say it ain't so joe.

what a clown he has become, between multiple non shipments to his crybaby call outs of a certain woman.

i would not buy this dude a beer.

hope it works out for you OP
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    81 wrote:

what a clown he has become, between multiple non shipments to his crybaby call outs of a certain woman.

Wasn't he the same clown that was begging the administration to lock that thread about him ripping someone off? And I believe they did too. :fp: :nono:

5against1, dude, you really suck! Ripping fellow 10C off! You'll get yours one day.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    badbrains wrote:
    81 wrote:

Wasn't he the same clown that was begging the administration to lock that thread about him ripping someone off? And I believe they did too. :fp: :nono:

5against1, dude, you really suck! Ripping fellow 10C off! You'll get yours one day.

yup.

but he said it would never happen again.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=195853&start=45#p4693898

dude should have his posting privelages suspended for all time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    It's too bad for the OP. I read that link and it sounded like a corner was turned. I think a mandatory giveaway contest should be handed down to the offender. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    Thats too bad....I'm sure he will come on and do the same as last time....try and defend himself...Hopefully he can be shamed into making this right...

All i can do is give 5against1, a doche bag bump...lol
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    kg162716 wrote:
    Thats too bad....I'm sure he will come on and do the same as last time....try and defend himself...Hopefully he can be shamed into making this right...

All i can do is give 5against1, a doche bag bump...lol

Lets hope so - although - hasnt worked in the past....

Sorry for the troubles faced OP.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
    nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    Grumpy-bump as 5against1 is looking to sell. :x
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    nadahombre wrote:
    Grumpy-bump as 5against1 is looking to sell. :x

the dude surfaced or was it just his old thread was bumped here?