Options

looks like ive been ripped off by 5against1- update

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,049
    pdalowsky wrote:
    nadahombre wrote:
    Grumpy-bump as 5against1 is looking to sell. :x

the dude surfaced or was it just his old thread was bumped here?

thread was bumped as a warning against him. I'm trying to stay out of things here but through some ingenuity, I found a way to get him to be aware he needs to contact Dave ASAP and make things right.
  • Options
    I am also not a heavy hitter on this board but I like the A+ list. While I only have 3 trades I have used the list and been very happy with the results of my trades. I don't have a paypal account so I have just been having people send me a check in the mail and I take it on faith. In all 3 trades the check and the posters pass each other in the mail.
    I am a trusting type of person though and I suppose after I get burned I'll do it differently but as of right now I believe in the goodness of people and PJ karma.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    pdalowsky wrote:
    nadahombre wrote:
    Grumpy-bump as 5against1 is looking to sell. :x

the dude surfaced or was it just his old thread was bumped here?

thread was bumped as a warning against him. I'm trying to stay out of things here but through some ingenuity, I found a way to get him to be aware he needs to contact Dave ASAP and make things right.

good man Dave

heres to hoping.
  • Options
    you'll prolly hear nothing again until after he goes to some show and then comes back here saying sorry, but man the 4th row rocked!!! :nono: :nono:
    thas what happend last time. so either it'll be after the SA shows or london or wrigley.

good luck!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Well, I finally caught up with this guy. He says he sent the poster, but he didnt insure or get tracking for it(doesnt seem to understand thats his screw up, not mine) nor did he get any of my attempts at contact on here, on FB, on his phone, or on his personal email, and somehow its my fault i never contacted him Expressobeans, where he would have responded immediately. Aaannnyways

but!! he wants you guys to know The situation is being rectified and he's sending the pick back to me, and he sends this message to you all (I'm not kidding)

FYI- let them know I just landed an Emek PJ 96 for $415 :)

Me, Ill consider this recitified when the pick is back in my hands. And hoping he takes on board my repeated insistence that he provide me tracking number for the envelope. We'll see.

That's where we're at right now. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks to those who helped tracking him down and for the back up.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    Congrats? well congrats for the poster, and well good luck getting your pick back.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    I believe him. He'll do the right thing. Just a real shame it took all this to set things right.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    good luck!!i hope this will work
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Fuck that, 5against1 is still a shitty person for doing this AGAIN. I'm sure EVERYONE here is tired of his shit. Dude, 5against1, do us all a favor and go FLIP your shit on eBay. And if ANYONE else "tries" to do business with this scammer, then be fair warned, you're gonna get fucked one way or another. Just not the pleasant way. :lol:
  • Options
    sounds like a solution has been found.

the excuses suck and does anyone care about the poster deal? why would anyone be bothered about that?

I mean he scored a good deal there but is it really relevant?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    sounds like a solution has been found.

the excuses suck and does anyone care about the poster deal? why would anyone be bothered about that?

i really didnt understand that part too..the excuses are bullshit
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    eldarion75 wrote:
    I believe him. He'll do the right thing. Just a real shame it took all this to set things right.

He doesn't and won't learn. Hope you the pick back but wouldn't be too hopeful about it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    eldarion75 wrote:
    nor did he get any of my attempts at contact on here, on FB, on his phone, or on his personal email

i'm just gonna go ahead and call BS

this dude has zero credibility with me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    81 wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    nor did he get any of my attempts at contact on here, on FB, on his phone, or on his personal email

i'm just gonna go ahead and call BS

this dude has zero credibility with me.
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    pdalowsky wrote:

i'd call him a sucker for paying 400+ for a poster

furthermore, why should we even believe him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Whew, now that its cleared up, I feel completely safe in making a future trade with 5 Against 1.
    Awesome!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Whew, now that its cleared up, I feel completely safe in making a future trade with 5 Against 1.
    Awesome!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Between this dude getting a '96 Emek for $400 and that JP33 dude telling us he met Ed and we never will....

I'm gonna just go off myself now... How can we ever compete with these two fucking stallions?! :roll:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Well, I finally caught up with this guy. He says he sent the poster, but he didnt insure or get tracking for it(doesnt seem to understand thats his screw up, not mine) nor did he get any of my attempts at contact on here, on FB, on his phone, or on his personal email, and somehow its my fault i never contacted him Expressobeans, where he would have responded immediately. Aaannnyways
    So, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that this got lost in the mail, however if the trade was done here, it's his fault for not checking back here for messages. And not getting ANY of your messages on here, FB, phone or personal email? I call bullshit. Getting it and not remembering to respond, I can kinda get, however, completely disrespectful. Then add that to this not being the first time? BULLSHIT!! I'm sorry this happened to you. If it helps anyone at all, I always check people's post history before agreeing to any transaction. Anything that makes me uncomfortable about them, even if they are rude to someone in one post or I don't like their choice of words, I don't deal with them. Or if my initial PM exchanges give me a bad vibe, no thank you. I'm sure this is not a foolproof method by any means, but I've been fortunate not to have been part of any bad deals so far. In fact, I've made many friends on Lost Dogs (you know who you are :wave: :wave: )
    eldarion75 wrote:
    but!! he wants you guys to know The situation is being rectified and he's sending the pick back to me, and he sends this message to you all (I'm not kidding)

Glad that he says he's sending you the pick back, but means nothing until the pick is in your hands. Don't forget to remind him to mail WITH TRACKING and send you tracking number as soon as he sends.

Could not give a rat's ass about the Emek.
  • Options
    if i am just mailing something via first class....i like to take a pic of it packed, addressed with postage on it...to cover my ass.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    He's an opportunist looking to take advantage where he can.

Check out this thread. Apart from the OP calling him out, there are 3/4 different people calling him out in the same thread, for nefarious underhanded nasty shit.
    The guy is beneath comment. He doesn't deserve our energy but its necessary in order to protect others from falling for it.
    Check out this thread.
    http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... t=Call+out
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Check out this thread. Apart from the OP calling him out, there are 3/4 different people calling him out in the same thread, for nefarious underhanded nasty shit.
    The guy is beneath comment. He doesn't deserve our energy but its necessary in order to protect others from falling for it.
    Check out this thread.
    Is that 5A1 over on the EB forums?
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Check out this thread.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

not that he had any credibility....but it just fell another notch in my book.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Check out this thread.
    damn man you have to deal with this type of guy..
    i wish good luck to you..but im not that possitive.there are no words
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:

Check out this thread.

but dont forget he got an emek for $400 and tell the world
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:

Check out this thread.

but dont forget he got an emek for $400 and tell the world
    lol
  • Options
    eldarion75 wrote:
    and he sends this message to you all (I'm not kidding)

what....the.....fuck?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    any update?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines.
  • Options
    Well, he says he shipped over ten days ago now, with tracking. In that time I've received tracked items from much further afield than him. I'm gonna give him til Wednesday next, just so I'm completely sure. Then if it doesn't show, I'll make another thread calling him out on expressobeans(ill be the fifth or sixth person there to have done this, think its four people here he's screwed, or tried to.).
    It's almost worth making the loss at this point, just so others are aware and song deal with him.
    It's crud like this that ruins the whole experience and trust we all work upon.
    Wish you could see the PMs he sent me over on EB. I shouldn't laugh, he's clearly either a little slow on the uptake, or playing that part to take advantage. But having seen multiple people have the same difficulty, I'm not buying it at all.

Ill update either way. Even if it arrives I suggest you all avoid any offers of trade or sale from him.
    We'll see what happens.