Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    DonJon wrote:
    Yep thought I was hearing things at first but then it became louder/clearer when there was no talking. Started thinking - PJ live on the Footy Show??? but I think the footy season finishes in Sept/Oct doesnt it?

the only bands/artists that sing on the footy show start with a Shannon and end with Noll.. no thankyou pj dont play footy shows.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    who cares about rugby and AFL, in the end they are both inferior in every way to the REAL football (soccer), only the most popular/played sport in the world

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Pappas wrote:
    who cares about rugby and AFL, in the end they are both inferior in every way to the REAL football (soccer), only the most popular/played sport in the world

Harry; Aussies dont know what this game is unless its the world cup month. Just because something is popular doesnt mean its better.. ok back on topic people hehe..

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Zoso wrote:
    the only bands/artists that sing on the footy show start with a Shannon and end with Noll.. no thankyou pj dont play footy shows.

Oh come on, What about Rouge Traders last night, they rock!

The funny or most unexpected band i've seen play the footy show was Drag(Darren Middleton of Powderfinger side project) but yeah it's normally people like Dave Gleeson or the pub rockers that seem to be popular with the bogans that watch that show.

I had to have a laugh at the AFL final last year, i don't know who is in control of organising the entertainment, but i think they are a bit out of touch with what music footy fans like, what was with Dame Edna and Delta Goodrem preforming at the final?

but yeah there is no chance PJ would play the footy show, cause footy season ends mid september.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    Zoso wrote:
    Harry; Aussies dont know what this game is unless its the world cup month. Just because something is popular doesnt mean its better.. ok back on topic people hehe..

True that, man no one gave a shit last year but now that we made the world cup it's like

"Quick! let's all jump on the soccer bandwagon before the world cup!"

And then after we don't win a game in the world cup we will all go back to forgeting soccer ever existed
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Half-back passes to centre, passes to wing, back to centre.
    Centre holds it,
    Holds it!
    HOLDS IT!!!

:D
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    i guess it's how you're brought up, to each their own

soccer (football) definitely takes priority in the pappas household :) no matter what time of year

i've seen a few classic bands on the footy show tim :p

hope you're enjoying the boot zig :)

and brad... i can't wait for your mail :D

best wishes those studying

2006 :D
    wah
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    True that, man no one gave a shit last year but now that we made the world cup it's like

"Quick! let's all jump on the soccer bandwagon before the world cup!"

And then after we don't win a game in the world cup we will all go back to forgeting soccer ever existed

I must admit I was a little like that. Never really gave the game much attention but now Im right into it. Pretty damn skillful some of those guys!

AFL though! As much as Ive tried to watch and get into it (lots of my mates are mad fans) I just cant get it. I find myself consistanly screaming "would someone pick the fuckin ball up please"

Mad rugby fan tho - wont miss a game BUT....I can understand why that game would be confusing too to some.

NRL - Go Manly
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • freewheelin3freewheelin3 Posts: 173
    fuckin a!

go manly...
    Wow I expected to get flamed for that. Theyve gotta be the most hated team in the comp arent they (always have been) besides maybe Bulldogs fans
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Heh, the bandwagon fans are so easy to spot. Anyone who says "hey mate, you reckon we've got a chance of winning the world cup?" is obviously one. Jeez, this isn't a sport played seriously in 7 countries. Try 207.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Go the Cowboys!!!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    i guess it's how you're brought up, to each their own

soccer (football) definitely takes priority in the pappas household :) no matter what time of year

i've seen a few classic bands on the footy show tim :p

hope you're enjoying the boot zig :)

and brad... i can't wait for your mail :D

best wishes those studying

2006 :D

hehe I can only guess who you speak of my lady friend haha.

UNDONE*21 wrote:
    Half-back passes to centre, passes to wing, back to centre.
    Centre holds it,
    Holds it!
    HOLDS IT!!!

:D
    ROFLMAO
    haha thats gold, made my day

zoso, yes soccer is better and yes it because more people play and watch it. Obviously everyone has their own oppinion but as a whole if more people steer towards one sport than another (esp one played in 1 country in the world) then it is said to be better

back on topic - Pearl Jam dont like neither of the two they prefer basketball :p

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Hinny wrote:
    Heh, the bandwagon fans are so easy to spot. Anyone who says "hey mate, you reckon we've got a chance of winning the world cup?" is obviously one. Jeez, this isn't a sport played seriously in 7 countries. Try 207.

Yeah funny, i don't even think we'll win a game. but there is no debating soccer is the biggest game in the world, i'm just hating all the hype it's getting in Australia at the moment. I've grown up playing soccer, i spent 3 years working for a soccer club, but i think it's hilarious all the publisity it's getting, shit like Fatty and Johnsy going to the world cup for the Footy show, is that not the biggest fucking joke in the world.
    Pappas wrote:
    back on topic - Pearl Jam dont like neither of the two they prefer basketball :p

I think the boys have a likeing for soccer, why else all the soccer jerseys you could buy, including the "ronaldo inspired" binaural jesery
    Pappas wrote:
    ROFLMAO
    haha thats gold, made my day

zoso, yes soccer is better and yes it because more people play and watch it. Obviously everyone has their own oppinion but as a whole if more people steer towards one sport than another (esp one played in 1 country in the world) then it is said to be better

I heard they preferred table tennis but meh.

• HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    shit like Fatty and Johnsy going to the world cup for the Footy show, is that not the biggest fucking joke in the world.
    Doesn't really concern me, I've destroyed my remote control. Won't need to change the channel from SBS for the next month.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
    ive also played/watched football (i refuse to call it soccer) my whole life

and i think its gr8 they finally made the world cup, will give a big boost to soccer in australia in the next four years

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Pappas wrote:
    and i think its gr8 they finally made the world cup, will give a big boost to soccer in australia in the next four years

The new A-league has been good for the sport(i never would have thought i'd see almost as many people go to see the Qld Roar at suncorp as they do the Broncos), then we make the world cup and the shit has just gone nuts. but yeah i'm just wondering how many of the "Bandwagon Jumpers" will stick around after we get knocked out in the first round?

It could back fire a little with people who don't really know saying shit like "They couldn't even win a game" if we struggle in the world cup, we're in a fucking hard pool and i don't give us much hope of winning a game, but it would be good to see it.
    i used to have a mix cd id put on in the car on the way to sat mornin soccer games to get me fired up, used to have some hard PJ tracks like Once, Rearviewmirror, WMA (live in atlanta version), state of love and trust etc on it. used to get me heaps fired up :)

pity we finished bottom of the ladder that year tho
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    The new A-league has been good for the sport(i never would have thought i'd see almost as many people go to see the Qld Roar at suncorp as they do the Broncos), then we make the world cup and the shit has just gone nuts. but yeah i'm just wondering how many of the "Bandwagon Jumpers" will stick around after we get knocked out in the first round?

It could back fire a little with people who don't really know saying shit like "They couldn't even win a game" if we struggle in the world cup, we're in a fucking hard pool and i don't give us much hope of winning a game, but it would be good to see it.

I reckon we match up really well with Japan in the first match...... best chance of a win (watch for Kewell off the bench!).....
    Go the Knights!!!
    oh, and go PJ!!!
  • I was diving...I was diving... Posts: 1,832
    Oh come on, What about Rouge Traders last night, they rock!

and the lead singer is a fox! :eek: hehe
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
    and the lead singer is a fox! :eek: hehe

Damn straight. How good was that
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    go the tigers. 2005 premiers
    should be a gr8 game between tiges and manly 2nite
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    Hi All

Apologies for the lack of contribution, been working at Cardiff all week (Word to the Novacastrians hehe)

Glad Tig's been away this week, only had 8 pages to read instead of 80...

Great team effort with the max sessions, I havent heard anything from my email, but dont want to hound them just in case they black list me if they do decide to put one on.

Good luck all those with exams, as mentioned before, dont be an accountant.

I finished 6 years of part time uni and am in the middle of more study to become a chartered accountant. (but the money is shit hot once you finish)

Bring on November!!!
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
    ozpjman wrote:
    Hi All

Apologies for the lack of contribution, been working at Cardiff all week (Word to the Novacastrians hehe)

Glad Tig's been away this week, only had 8 pages to read instead of 80...

Great team effort with the max sessions, I havent heard anything from my email, but dont want to hound them just in case they black list me if they do decide to put one on.

Good luck all those with exams, as mentioned before, dont be an accountant.

I finished 6 years of part time uni and am in the middle of more study to become a chartered accountant. (but the money is shit hot once you finish)

Bring on November!!!

Nice one mate...Im doing my CPA.

I'll have a max sessions answer on the weekend so if I get near a puter Ill update.

Good weekend all
  • DonJon wrote:
    Nice one mate...Im doing my CPA.

I'll have a max sessions answer on the weekend so if I get near a puter Ill update.

Good weekend all
    how would we get into the max sessions????
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I finished 4.5 years of a commerce degree (3 semesters a year - no Xmas holidays!!!) in November 2003. Had to decide whether to do my CPA/Chartered or take over the Business Broking division (sell businesses) at my brothers real estate agency. I did that and now own a 1/4 of the business with 3 other family members and have never looked back!

After 4 years of working at a law firm at the same time as doing uni, I couldn't handle the thought of working at another firm! I don't like authority that much! "Do this, Sus"...."Fuck off! Do it yourself!" :P After 4 years, I realised my weaknesses and decided I want to be the boss! :D Good thing is that I use my degree every day, my dad works there and here's been an accountant for 35 years so teaches me new shit everyday and I actually like my job a lot!!! :)

And now it's time for a chant:

10 CLUB GIG! :D 10 CLUB GIG!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    Pappas wrote:
    i used to have a mix cd id put on in the car on the way to sat mornin soccer games to get me fired up, used to have some hard PJ tracks like Once, Rearviewmirror, WMA (live in atlanta version), state of love and trust etc on it. used to get me heaps fired up :)

pity we finished bottom of the ladder that year tho
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

haha, i remember rvm firing me up before a basketball match in year 11.

i probably scored like, 6 points.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

This discussion has been closed.