Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    yeah a good chance I have 10c ticket for that show.... its all lookig up from here!

to answer your question tom here is my list cant decide which one out of these people

Neil Finn
    Neil Young
    Nick Cave
    Ed Vedder
    Michael Stipe
    Robert Plant
    Jimmy Page

either 1 will do prolly favor Neil Young also.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    Any Aussies going to see Split Enz? You guys steal them from us as well as taking Pearl Jam for yourselves.
    Yep, I'm going Sunday and I'm so bloody excited. I'm going with my sister and Dad, he was the one who got us into good music. I wanted to get him a ticket to see Pearl Jam (He'd love it), but I don't want him to have to stand with me. It's not that I'm embarrassed, it's because I'm a screamer (at gigs, everyone get your minds out of the gutter). I'm so loud that people quite often turn around and stare. I'm going to try real hard not to scream too loud at Split Enz, but I don't know how well I'll go. I'm such an embarrassment.
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    ok question?

which musician would you like to meet the most?

Im gonna say neil young, id like to thank him, he has done so much for the music community and he isnt appreciated enough.

than after that mike

Probably Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Some of the remaining Doors, Mike Mcready, Mick Jagger, all in no particular order
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    Probably Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Some of the remaining Doors, Mike Mcready, Mick Jagger, all in no particular order
    nice selecction but ive heard bob isnt the nicest bloke to his fans
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
    Vookie23 wrote:

dylan I could add to my list.

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Hey ive got a cool story i need to share

Last december i went to see john fogerty, and mark seymour and james reyne were supporting. So we get there a bit before the show starts and we are sitting and people are still coming in. and the lights quickly go down and there is james reyne standing on the stage (i dont know if anyone saw him come out cause there was still alot of movement in the entertainment center) now i hadnt heard much of him apart from them boys light up but he started with reckless and as soon as he sung the first word he had absolutely everybodies attention. it was just sheer brilliance. He upstaged john then.

Not many times the supporting act is what you remember from the night

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Who I'd like to meet (if possible):

Ed Vedder
    Elvis
    Johnny Cash

They would be my top 3.

What the fuck is going on with this NO BINOCULARS rule??? Well put big screens up, dickheads!!! You need to give people at the back a chance to see more than a dot on the stage.

I was planning on taking binoculars into the second Brisbane gig because I am at the very back of the floor and my 15 year old niece hasn't seem them before so I wanted her to be able to have a close look etc....but apparently it's written on their policy page that you can no longer take binos in. :mad:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Hey ive got a cool story i need to share

Last december i went to see john fogerty, and mark seymour and james reyne were supporting. So we get there a bit before the show starts and we are sitting and people are still coming in. and the lights quickly go down and there is james reyne standing on the stage (i dont know if anyone saw him come out cause there was still alot of movement in the entertainment center) now i hadnt heard much of him apart from them boys light up but he started with reckless and as soon as he sung the first word he had absolutely everybodies attention. it was just sheer brilliance. He upstaged john then.

In about 1999 I saw You Am I who was supported by Shihad (I'd only heard a song, maybe two at this stage). Shihad blew You Am I off the stage!!! You Am I were great -- Shihad were just better! Glad they changed their name back to Shihad -- I never called them Pacifier - CRAP!
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    ok question?

which musician would you like to meet the most?

Im gonna say neil young, id like to thank him, he has done so much for the music community and he isnt appreciated enough.

than after that mike
    i would love to meet mike out of everyone in the band

would also love to have met elvis, j page from zeppelin too

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Sorry for the lack of updates on the Newcastle show (uni exams :()
    Just posted an update at lifewasted.net
  • freewheelin3freewheelin3 Posts: 173
    morning all...

now im not a fan, but have people heard that our own wolfmother are supporting PJ in europe before the Australian tour...
    morning all...

now im not a fan, but have people heard that our own wolfmother are supporting PJ in europe before the Australian tour...

Really!!!! I think they're okay but don't overly like them. But good on 'em! :)
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yeah it has been on Ch 9 before. I stumbled across it about 1am one night.

What was it exactly? I assumed it was gonna be the Danny Clinch video?

And for the record - 3 music people Id like to meet.

PJ (or any member)
    Kate Bush
    Cher - to get back at her for writing "If I could turn Back Time"
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    DonJon wrote:
    What was it exactly? I assumed it was gonna be the Danny Clinch video?

And for the record - 3 music people Id like to meet.

PJ (or any member)
    Kate Bush
    Cher - to get back at her for writing "If I could turn Back Time"

Cher is the only artist in history where you don't know whether she is 30, 40, 50, or 60.

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Zoso wrote:
    Cher is the only artist in history where you don't know whether she is 30, 40, 50, or 60.

Dont think I wanna! I still have nightmares about her in that black leather piece, with a cannon between her legs on that warship.

Hey Zoso - havent read your Aussie thread again 2day but did we work out what the 15 min TV thingy was gonna be?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Hey ive got a cool story i need to share

I actually saw James Reyne and Mark Seymour in concert together... up there with the best concerts i've seen.. Mark Seymour kicked arse as always... i had seen mark seymour at a pub gig a few year prior to this... he rocked up to the small venue, backback on, had a beer at the bar then killed it yet again... awesome artist live!

James Reyne was good too.. i grew up hearing his music on the radio and Australian Crawl.. so i knew all the songs by proxy heh.... very funny man James Reyne too! :) "Release your inner Bogan!" - James Reyne, Metro, 2005
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Really!!!! I think they're okay but don't overly like them. But good on 'em! :)

I'm seeing Wolfmother.. have only heard one of their songs a few times heh...

Apparantly their new name is Wolfmoney :)
    Zoso wrote:

How old is Prince or Michael Jackson? :)
    DonJon wrote:
    Dont think I wanna! I still have nightmares about her in that black leather piece, with a cannon between her legs on that warship.

Hey Zoso - havent read your Aussie thread again 2day but did we work out what the 15 min TV thingy was gonna be?

no we didnt... It wont be that special going to have to be something we have already seen before.

vital5 wrote:
    How old is Prince or Michael Jackson? :)

is Michael Jackson human nowadays I'm not sure? I think he has to pick a race before he picks his age.

vital5 wrote:
    I'm seeing Wolfmother.. have only heard one of their songs a few times heh...

Apparantly their new name is Wolfmoney :)

u know I saw Wolfmother at the BDO in 2005 and prety much I was the only perosn watching. I saw em last year at the Gov (which they played 2 shows) and it was packed. I'm not into them as much now because of their popularity but they still put on a decent live show.

Zoso wrote:
    is Michael Jackson human nowadays I'm not sure? I think he has to pick a race before he picks his age.

i reckon he tries the Londond Marathon!
    Zoso wrote:
    u know I saw Wolfmother at the BDO in 2005 and prety much I was the only perosn watching. I saw em last year at the Gov (which they played 2 shows) and it was packed. I'm not into them as much now because of their popularity but they still put on a decent live show.

Well i can safely say i'm not seeing them for their popularity... Fuck i'm not even seeing Pearl Jam because they are popular.. my initial thoughts of Pearl Jam were... Geez this lead singer screams alot.. then once i heard Black.. i gave them another go and well... here i am.. in love with Pearl Jam heh... the heavy songs grew on me after a while. Pearl Jam were a good lesson in music for me :)
    I never did give up the Chili Peppers i was listening to at the time.. but Poison and GNR well.... where are they now?! :) heh sad old days :p
    Well i know GNR are reforming... but try and get a ticket to that! LMAO
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    morning all...

well theyve been saying kings of leon so far all along mayb they cant make it?

Wolfmother rocks tho would be awesome to have them, but even better to have kings of leon they rock more

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    A responce from the 10C, least it's not a no:

Sorry, nothing can be confirmed at this time.

On 6/5/06 12:25 AM, "Vookie23" wrote:

Hi Good people at the 10C, first and foremost I would like to congratulate you on all the good work that you guys and girls have been doing over the years, I have been an avid fan of the band for well over ten years now. Now to the point (after buttering you up), with the upcoming Australian tour and the slight debacle with 10 C ticketing and the inability for the Australian promoter to allow PJ's dedicated fans to attend more than the first show in each state as a 10C member a group of us on the synergy/message pit forum I/we was/were wondering on the possibility of attending the sound check before the scheduled shows?? We/I understand that this is probably be a big ask, but your consideration into this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks agian for the good job you people do, and for putting up with our gripes and requests. I look foward to hearing back when time permits.

Warmest Regards
    (Vookie23)
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Pappas wrote:
    well theyve been saying kings of leon so far all along mayb they cant make it?

i think wolfmother have only been confirmed for a couple of the europe dates, like lisbon and i think 1 other.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    A responce from the 10C, least it's not a no:

Sorry, nothing can be confirmed at this time.

On 6/5/06 12:25 AM, "Vookie23" wrote:

Hi Good people at the 10C, first and foremost I would like to congratulate you on all the good work that you guys and girls have been doing over the years, I have been an avid fan of the band for well over ten years now. Now to the point (after buttering you up), with the upcoming Australian tour and the slight debacle with 10 C ticketing and the inability for the Australian promoter to allow PJ's dedicated fans to attend more than the first show in each state as a 10C member a group of us on the synergy/message pit forum I/we was/were wondering on the possibility of attending the sound check before the scheduled shows?? We/I understand that this is probably be a big ask, but your consideration into this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks agian for the good job you people do, and for putting up with our gripes and requests. I look foward to hearing back when time permits.

Warmest Regards
    (Vookie23)

that is their standard response. I bet they have it set up so they just have to press a button and it replies with that answer

I bet if i emailed them and said " hey is eddie vedder the singer of pearl jam" they would reply, "sorry, nothing can be confirmed at this time"

• GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    I personally like KOL better than Wolfmother (even though I support fellow Aussies). Plus with EV being a huge KOL fan from what I've heard anyway, we just might see him come on during their set for a jam with KOL.

Sorry, did I make sense, I'm in bed with food poisoning (damn curry puffs).
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • Zoso wrote:
    haha reminds me of robin williams

"Michael Jackson is claiming racism, i said honey, you've got to pick a race first!"

man I had no idea Wolfmother were opening for pj in on a few select european dates! Thats pretty awesome I have to say. I'm not a huge fan of them anymore but still a good band.

This discussion has been closed.