Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• yay! perth here i come :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • JagkorpsJagkorps Posts: 9
    whee got my 10c tickets for perth, im one happy camper.
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    W00t!!! Perth here i come
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    pants is legal again :o

congrats to the perthie peeps :D
    wah
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    yaye for us in the sunny city :o

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Ok friends....i have amassive Dillema facing me. I have just returned from the Pet shop that has 2 Huskies for sale for $700 each.
    I am in love with this breed and have wanted one for a very very long time. Problem is, I really cannot afford to fork out $700. So my dilemma is this....do I take the 2nd show tickets as offered to me by ozPJman - Jim, or do i leave the tickets and get the dog.....and hope that tix become available to me some where down the track??
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    There is a sticky saying there are BBS problems or some shit....

NOw, if only you didn't like that EMO shit our music tastes would be a perfect match!!!! **ducks**

I did reply to this post quite some time ago but the BBS went all crazy on me and it looks like my post did not go thru....so Zig.....in not as many obsenities as before...I like the music, its soothes me and relaxes me.....i kinda like to sway to it.....

Fuck :rolleyes: There is nothing better than a good old Scream Match with your fav song in the car while you air drum and rock the hell out!! I dont like all emo...just a few bands....
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Ok friends....i have amassive Dillema facing me. I have just returned from the Pet shop that has 2 Huskies for sale for $700 each.
    I am in love with this breed and have wanted one for a very very long time. Problem is, I really cannot afford to fork out $700. So my dilemma is this....do I take the 2nd show tickets as offered to me by ozPJman - Jim, or do i leave the tickets and get the dog.....and hope that tix become available to me some where down the track??

You can always buy another dog later down the track They are easy to come by

Pearl Jam tickets on the other hand? Not so.

Take the tickets and get another dog in a few months
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    Ok friends....i have amassive Dillema facing me. I have just returned from the Pet shop that has 2 Huskies for sale for $700 each.

um id say wait.

the pups at the petshop are not purebred. if i were you, i would wait and visit a registered breeder.

check your pms :)

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

Hmmmm....what a fucking dilemma!!! If you wanted a Huskie the same way I wanted a Boxer when I got Ziggy, I'd get the dogs....and hope you'll get more tickets in the next few months. The feeling I had with Ziggy may have been a bit different because she was the grand-niece of our Boxer that died on Australia Day 2004 (and you'd swear they are the same friggin dog - Weird!!). If I had the choice between getting Ziggy or going to a second PJ concert, I'd have taken Ziggy straight away -- no questions asked.

BUT are they purebread? Wouldn't it be better to get one from a breeder if you're spending that much money?? They just seem kind of expensive for pet shop dogs --- in saying that, we paid $550 for Floyd our Dalmatian from a pet shop -- but we were desperate -- it had been 5 whole weeks since our first Boxer had died -- we wanted to buy a dog THEN, not next week...we couldn't handle the loneliness anymore... :( But we got Floyd -- and he's great!!! :D

What happened to the other two huskies? The rescues?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    I did reply to this post quite some time ago but the BBS went all crazy on me and it looks like my post did not go thru....so Zig.....in not as many obsenities as before...I like the music, its soothes me and relaxes me.....i kinda like to sway to it.....

Fuck :rolleyes: There is nothing better than a good old Scream Match with your fav song in the car while you air drum and rock the hell out!! I dont like all emo...just a few bands....

That's cool! :) No need to get all defensive! I totally 100% understand.....................................

....that you can't help that you have shit taste in music.... :D
  • ok...Megan has changed my mind.

I am not getting a pup from the pet shop
    I have never bought any animanl from a pet shop before always being on the farm we got animals from friends and breeders near by...but i have now decided to wait and find myself a breeder. At least i will know what i am getting.

and i can wait a little longer....i havent put down the plush wool carpeting in the pup bedroom yet anyway ;);)

PEARL JAM IM STILL FUCKIN COMING!!!!
  • InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    pearl jam or huskie? hmmm i know which one id go for :)
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    ok...Megan has changed my mind.

I am not getting a pup from the pet shop
    I have never bought any animanl from a pet shop before always being on the farm we got animals from friends and breeders near by...but i have now decided to wait and find myself a breeder. At least i will know what i am getting.

and i can wait a little longer....i havent put down the plush wool carpeting in the pup bedroom yet anyway ;);)

PEARL JAM IM STILL FUCKIN COMING!!!!
    How about a dog from a shelter? I wouldn't recommend an adult Husky but you can sometimes come across some good pups.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    Hooray, I can log in! About your puppy vs PJ problem. I'd be leaning toward going to PJ in Perth. Last concert in Australia is going to be awesome. I do sympathise though as I just had to put my dog down the other day and I'm already missing having a dog around the place! :(
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • Baystone wrote:
    How about a dog from a shelter? I wouldn't recommend an adult Husky but you can sometimes come across some good pups.

I visited the shelter today. I really want to adopt a doggie from the shelter and think we will get our 2nd one from the AWL in queesland
    I visited the shelter today. I really want to adopt a doggie from the shelter and think we will get our 2nd one from the AWL in queesland
    Would you get an adult or a pup? I got a couple of dogs, A german shorthaired pointer and a weimaraner, both pups 8 and 4 mths old. I feel bad because I didn't really rescue anything; these dogs would have been sold without a doubt.
  • Baystone wrote:
    Would you get an adult or a pup? I got a couple of dogs, A german shorthaired pointer and a weimaraner, both pups 8 and 4 mths old. I feel bad because I didn't really rescue anything; these dogs would have been sold without a doubt.

I think it would be how we felt about the animal when we saw it. I didnt even look at the pups today, only the adult doggies so i guess it wouldnt matter.
    I agree that more people should rescue dogs...but I'm not one of those people. I prefer to get my dogs from breeders -- I like to know where they're coming from, view the parents, make sure the parents are tested for problems etc. I'd be worried getting a rescue dog in case it was prone to hip dysplasia or allergies or bad heart or other shit from being badly breed. And when I have a dog, that dog is my baby -- our boxer and dalmatian sleep in our bed and stay inside our house when we're at work! I want to do everything in my power to make sure that a dog I get lives a looooong and happy life -- so that includes making sure I get a well bred dog.

Enough of my rambling! Does anyone here have Pearl Jam names for their dogs/cats/pets????? I think a cat called Mookie is cute!!!!
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    try keep it slightly on track ppl, we're so close to 10k :)

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    Pappas wrote:
    try keep it slightly on track ppl, we're so close to 10k :)
    Edited above post -- PJ related now!!! :D

You're right though -- imagine if we didn't get to 10,000 again!!!! :eek:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I agree that more people should rescue dogs...but I'm not one of those people. I prefer to get my dogs from breeders -- I like to know where they're coming from, view the parents, make sure the parents are tested for problems etc. I'd be worried getting a rescue dog in case it was prone to hip dysplasia or allergies or bad heart or other shit from being badly breed. And when I have a dog, that dog is my baby -- our boxer and dalmatian sleep in our bed and stay inside our house when we're at work! I want to do everything in my power to make sure that a dog I get lives a looooong and happy life -- so that includes making sure I get a well bred dog.

Enough of my rambling! Does anyone here have Pearl Jam names for their dogs/cats/pets????? I think a cat called Mookie is cute!!!!
    I do, unfortunately. My weimaraner has a PJ related name. It's Stone. A guy my brother met working at the RSPCA had a dog named after Ed, he thought maybe the 2 dogs could start a band.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    anyone heard whispers of 3rd nights for Melbourne and Sydney yet?
    Just got my Perth 10C tix... yeehaw
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Wow that was a fun 3 day holiday!!

I got my password changed by some prick loitering on here and haven't been able to log in. New passwords get sent - dont work....aghh the fun of it all.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • CopTheRiotActCopTheRiotAct Posts: 953
    What does everyone think of the life wasted video?

I thought it was cool that Pearl jam made a video. But it looks very cheap.

BTW, I just woke up again..
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • I was diving...I was diving... Posts: 1,832
    Lukin_oz wrote:
    anyone heard whispers of 3rd nights for Melbourne and Sydney yet?
    Just got my Perth 10C tix... yeehaw

No whispers that i know of, wouldnt mind hearing some tho :cool: :D
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • my doggie is gonna be Eddie for sure :)

i like the life wasted vid although after watchin a few times it does seem a little ...well....i hate to use the word....no i wont....kinda odd, but still really cool.

I guess after the WWS clip which i didnt really like, thinkin it was kinda "cheap" i shouldnt expect a big epic clip...imthinking too much bout the old epics...Jeremy and ALive, Evenflow...all big clips...but then PJ are taking a different rhythm with everything so we should expect nothing!
  • tommyphillipstommyphillips Posts: 709
    yeah tig id wait and get a purebred, if they arent purebred i wouldnt pay 700 for them
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Damn where the Hell is Jim?? I need to see if he still wants to sell me the tix. I must have tickets to PJ 2 Bris.....now that the Dog thing has passed!
  • I was diving...I was diving... Posts: 1,832
    Murder wrote:
    What does everyone think of the life wasted video?

I thought it was cool that Pearl jam made a video. But it looks very cheap.

BTW, I just woke up again..

Probably not what I was expecting...then again it would be hard trying to guess what they'd do for starters...

pretty cool though, some scenes look nuts :eek: but others look sweet
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
This discussion has been closed.