Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• GibGib Posts: 43
    I was in the 2nd row in front of the guitarist and every time i pulled my camera out he started posing for me, it was hilarious.
    God damn, I was just trying to forget how good The Whitlams are. Missed seeing them in Melbourne this time around, minus the instore I went to but that was only Tim, and just a few songs. Then you go remind me of Jak (the guitarist, ex-Badloves), he is really the greatest. God I hope they tour again later in the year. I've seen them 3 times before, and Tim solo twice (including the in-store), and I saw Jak solo once too, there were about 10 people there, but he was still pretty good.
  • GibGib Posts: 43
    HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS

as judd would say.

i just got home from ben harper and what a fucking night! during his second song Glory And Concequence he sang most of Indifferance, by non other then Pearl Jam.

AND THEN

during ben's first encore this guy walks on and the crowd go fucking nuts, and ben says

"My friend Jack"

It was Fucking Jack Johnson

What a fucking kick arse night i just had
    Another gig I missed this year, you people are just mean. Ben really loves bringing out 'guests' doesn't he. I'd just love to see him, but with all these stories of 'guests' on stage, I think it would be slightly disappointing if it was just him, well not really, I'm sure.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS

as judd would say.

i just got home from ben harper and what a fucking night! during his second song Glory And Concequence he sang most of Indifferance, by non other then Pearl Jam.

AND THEN

during ben's first encore this guy walks on and the crowd go fucking nuts, and ben says

"My friend Jack"

It was Fucking Jack Johnson

What a fucking kick arse night i just had

bugger..... should have gone the second night, not the first......
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I'm seeing him tomorrow in Auckland, it's billed as "An Acoustic Evening with Ben Harper", so I'm hoping for something special :)
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm seeing him tomorrow in Auckland, it's billed as "An Acoustic Evening with Ben Harper", so I'm hoping for something special :)

Yeah that should be a good show, Ben solo acoustic would be awesome, but the brissie show was unbelievable, the string section he had for some songs was cool, they fully rocked on Black Rain.

Oh yeah and last time ben did the solo acoustic thing in sydney eddie vedder came out and they sang indifferance together, but not much chance of that happening seeing as the boys are touring in america
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    ahhhhhhhhh hangover!
    need some soft pearl jam now!
    *puts on all or none*

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Who here are Jack Johnson fans? I personally am not at all...can't stand him...bit too slow and moany for my liking....

But how many others are fans? A lot of people I know love him.

I'm still undecided on Ben Harper. I really like some of his stuff then think other staff is just okay. I'd still see him in concert though!!! :D But I'd probably prefer to buy a greatest hits album...if you know what I mean.

One thing I do know...I LOVE PEARL JAM!!!! :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Who here are Jack Johnson fans? I personally am not at all...can't stand him...bit too slow and moany for my liking....

But how many others are fans? A lot of people I know love him.

I'm still undecided on Ben Harper. I really like some of his stuff then think other staff is just okay. I'd still see him in concert though!!! :D But I'd probably prefer to buy a greatest hits album...if you know what I mean.

One thing I do know...I LOVE PEARL JAM!!!! :D

The one thing that got me into ben was a had a few friends who loved him, i never really heard much but some of his early albums that they would play. so one day i saw the live from mars double CD for cheap, so i bought that and haven't looked back. and yes he is truley amazing live. The live from mars cd is the one to probably get to start you off on ben

As for jack, he's cool to have playing on a sunday when you are having a BBQ with a few quiet beers. but yeah i mainly got into him through surf movies
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    A question about the melbourne floor plan,does each block start seating at the letter a, or does the seating start at the front at letter a and then proceed backwards (so that blocks D,E and F starts at say s)? Just trying to work out where I'm sitting, have not had any luck looking for a floorplan on the web, hopefully some of you peeps were on the floor in melb in 03. Thanks in advance. Yay for the perth announcement and the fans in the west.
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    Anyone know how the Brisbane seating plan for the floor works?

From what i've heard its really weird.

APPARENTLY on the left hand side, sections S9 and S14, the numbers seems to increase as you go to the left. Though on the right hand side, sections S47 and S43, the numbers seem to decrease as you go to the right.

Here is a link.
    http://www.lifewasted.net/BrisbaneMap.jpg
  • silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    The one piece of information i have about Brissy is that a person was sitting in S14A Seat 13. They were a few seats away from the aisle on the right of the section.

One more piece of information from this side of the section and we will be able to work it out.

Thanks!
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    A question about the melbourne floor plan,does each block start seating at the letter a, or does the seating start at the front at letter a and then proceed backwards (so that blocks D,E and F starts at say s)? Just trying to work out where I'm sitting, have not had any luck looking for a floorplan on the web, hopefully some of you peeps were on the floor in melb in 03. Thanks in advance. Yay for the perth announcement and the fans in the west.

vook dont know if this will help but i was on the floor for melbourne 03 and i was stone side in line with the mixing desk about 5 rows from the start of that actuall block and i just found my old ticket dont know how but i did any way my tik no, floor, rowAA seat 16 hope this helps??????????

ps check your pm's
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    Are people still having trouble logging into the pit? I was only able to use this computer cause my sttings were saved on it, haven't been able to log in on the other PC.

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Vookie23 wrote:
    I was section H row AA at Melbourne 3 in 2003 and that was the third row of that section.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
    Baystone wrote:
    I was section H row AA at Melbourne 3 in 2003 and that was the third row of that section.

How was the view from there??

• BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Vookie23 wrote:
    How was the view from there??
    I'm about 5'8" and could see pretty well. I had a big head in front of me, but at the right angles you could pretty much see everything.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • back from the movies da vinci code was really good!!

anyway will ring you in the morning vook im out of the office untill the arvo so i will be on my mobile txt me if somthing happens with the 3rd and about the 4 tiks have you got 3 ppls as i will b on my own for the 3rd if there is 1

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • getting perth tickets tomorrow!!! yay :D im so happy!

this show is goin to be epic! i know it :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    getting perth tickets tomorrow!!! yay :D im so happy!

this show is goin to be epic! i know it :D

On ya Jeff, about time you had your confirmation. Would love to go, should be an epic show if the 03 tour was anything to go by.

• why does perth have to b so far away from vic

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    why does perth have to b so far away from vic

Tell me about it wished they'd invent teleporters:D

• SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    the question about rod laver floor plans..

my guess is that it would be A, B, C, D, etc.. it should have stated something on the website to teh extend of "row BB is the first row on the floor" since this has oviously been decided by now.
    ex/ at the sydney show the seating plan on ticketek says row DD-LL are the first rows in the stands before the single letter rows begin.

going by what you had ticketed last time isnt necessarily accurate, the floor plan can be changed to accomidate more people, bigger stage etc altering the way that the rows are set up.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • im out catch ya's to-morrow

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    good morning all!

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • filthy_canvisfilthy_canvis Posts: 813
    definately not going to second bris show:( the tix on e-bay are going for $150 - $500 for a single(that's good seats) and i an't got the coin because my bloody car blew up.

if someone had a spare i'd pay face for it but thats as far as my buget goes

or i could not feed the kids for a week....hmmmmmmm
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    definately not going to second bris show:( the tix on e-bay are going for $150 - $500 for a single(that's good seats) and i an't got the coin because my bloody car blew up.

or i could not feed the kids for a week....hmmmmmmm

The kids don't really need food do they?

And some of those seats on Ebay are so crap but that try to hype them up to sound like the best seats ever. like this guy is sayin he has tix four rows from the front, and here is the photo of where the seats are:

http://i21.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/2d/ac/9f_1_b.JPG

yeah they are 4 rows from the front of that section.

And this guy is trying to say these seats are VIP seats:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/2e/e1/fe_1_b.JPG

what fuck sticks. but don't get me wrong some of these seats are ok seats, but they aren't as great as the sellers make out they are
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    who thinks another adelaide show will be released at 9am? has the first one sold out?

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • CopTheRiotActCopTheRiotAct Posts: 953
    I'm on here hoping they will annouce melbourne 3 at 9pm, is this still a possibility?
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
    Pappas wrote:
    who thinks another adelaide show will be released at 9am? has the first one sold out?

none of the shows have sold out yet, there are still some seats left, but they are shitty ones:

Adelaide
    Availability:
    reserved floor Alloc. Exhausted
    reserved upper Alloc. Exhausted
    reserved side view Single seats only
    reserved rear view Available

Brissie 1
    Availability:
    reserved seating Available

Brissie 2
    Availability:

Mel 1
    Availability:
    floor Alloc. Exhausted
    lower Alloc. Exhausted
    upper Alloc. Exhausted
    side impeded Available

mel 2
    Availability:
    floor Alloc. Exhausted
    lower Alloc. Exhausted
    upper Alloc. Exhausted
    side impeded Available

sydney1
    Availability:
    reserved seating Alloc. Exhausted
    side view reserved Available
    rear view reserved Alloc. Exhausted
    non alcohol reserved Alloc. Exhausted

sydney 2
    Availability:
    side view reserved Available

non alcohol reserved Alloc. Exhausted
  • tommyphillipstommyphillips Posts: 709
    Murder wrote:
    I'm on here hoping they will annouce melbourne 3 at 9pm, is this still a possibility?
    always a possibility
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
This discussion has been closed.