Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• I was diving...I was diving... Posts: 1,832
    Hey all I got my tix on friday to Sydney, night one! :D

A mate offered to buy them for the group of us going online and due to his computer crashing or something we ended up with tickets kinda on the side (Stone's side, area 44) and probably way up high haha but I'm kinda not worried..Anyone else here seen a concert or two at AcerArena (superdome) and be able to give me a rough idea of what they're like?

Cheers :D
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

http://www.myspace.com/ozbeachbum

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
    19/11/06 - Newcastle Baby!
  • http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6187666924357770983

OMG :D:D:D what a fucked up Clip!! Now we know the story behind the cd booklet.....maybe the AVo will reveal its true meaning soon:)

ANd did you guys see Boom?? at 3 minutes 15seconds! I think thats cool they put him in there :)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Hey all I got my tix on friday to Sydney, night one! :D

A mate offered to buy them for the group of us going online and due to his computer crashing or something we ended up with tickets kinda on the side (Stone's side, area 44) and probably way up high haha but I'm kinda not worried..Anyone else here seen a concert or two at AcerArena (superdome) and be able to give me a rough idea of what they're like?

Cheers :D

Hey Joel :) havent been there before sorry. do you know how many it holds there? i'd be thinkin it would be a big show!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Tig...where are your seats?

I'm in s26, Row A, Seats 1-3 -- at the back of the floor seats, at the very front of a slightly elevated section. They tried to offer me section 40 at the back but I thought those seats would have a better atmosphere because we'll be staring right at the pumping, jumping, dancing floor section.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    I'm absolutely loving that Life Wasted film clip...Fucking good job boys!!!
    Does anyone know where I can download (or can anyone send me) the Letterman after show gig as a whole concert download -- not separate songs???

I've searched but I can't find it.

When I downloaded it the day of the webcast, I clicked "Run" instead of "Save" then watched two songs and clicked the X....GONE!!!! Sooo pissed off now since I can't find it as a complete gig download.
  • They played Blood at Grand Rapids!!! I cant wait for our tour!! the oldies are all coming out!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I just wanna say that everyone in here is just amazing! I spill my heart and suddenly I have tix offers from all over the place (even if they were for the wrong show Jemms ;););) )

You guys seriously Rock my world. I couldnt think of a better bunch of people I really dont know..that i would rather be friends with :D:D Thankyou.

Lukin...your offer is fuckin awesome mate....but just to sound really ungrateful...i think i need 2. If the other half wants to come. I will ask him tonight when i see him if he does, and if so I will regrettfully decline :( but mate, what a great set of tix you have there! if he doesnt then i'll let you know.

Again Thankyou. Makes my heart smile :)

No probs, just let me know. I got lucky with those tix for Brissie 2.... Melbourne 2 I didn't even get floor seats, and gave up on Sydney 2 tix after all the good ones went early!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Tig...where are your seats?

I'm in s26, Row A, Seats 1-3 -- at the back of the floor seats, at the very front of a slightly elevated section. They tried to offer me section 40 at the back but I thought those seats would have a better atmosphere because we'll be staring right at the pumping, jumping, dancing floor section.

I didnt get any on Friday Zig....i was so angry i couldnt buy them cos i knew i would be so disappointed. But Jim and Lukin have offered me some great seats! Just waiting for Andy to get home to ask him if he definatley wants to come so i can give someone some money and get all happy again!
  • Lukin4 wrote:
    No probs, just let me know. I got lucky with those tix for Brissie 2.... Melbourne 2 I didn't even get floor seats, and gave up on Sydney 2 tix after all the good ones went early!

Thanks Mate. I really really appreciate it :) will let you know soon .
    HAHAHAHA!!!Bahahahaha that is too Funny Jim! damn chicken wings :D

Nice seats Jim!! Gonna ask Andy if he still wants to come to the 2nd show and if so, i'll take em. Will you trade for a Rare copy of a Pearl Jam Untitled Cd?? the one with the goat on the front?? ;););) (everytime i see Vs for sale on Ebay as untitled, i message the seller and demand he change it!!)
    Thanks so Much for the offer. You guys....you make me feel all mushy inside. Im so gonna bear hug everyone when i meet them!

Fuck! They're great tix!!! I was around that area when I saw PJ in 1995 when I was 16!!! I'm trying to make the best of my seats and Leigh thinks I'm TOTALLY stupid considering where I will be standing show 1 but I still can't help being a little disappointed....
    I didnt get any on Friday Zig....i was so angry i couldnt buy them cos i knew i would be so disappointed. But Jim and Lukin have offered me some great seats! Just waiting for Andy to get home to ask him if he definatley wants to come so i can give someone some money and get all happy again!

Now I'm sort of wishing I didn't buy any and try to get some on here or ebay!!! But I'm taking my 16 year old niece, Madison, and the seats I have are good for her. Especially compard to if we got the middle of the floor....we wouldn't be able to see anything. I was kinda hoping for front section or the first tier on the side though. At least we'll be elevated a bit so we can see. I'm just hoping we can get everyone near us pumped enough to stand and cheer and have a great night.
  • rocketrocket Posts: 78
    hey guys.am going to shows 1 and 2 in melbourne.god november seems a long way off*s*
    didn't get the greatest seats for show one but who cares.i'm there
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Fuck! They're great tix!!! I was around that area when I saw PJ in 1995 when I was 16!!! I'm trying to make the best of my seats and Leigh thinks I'm TOTALLY stupid considering where I will be standing show 1 but I still can't help being a little disappointed....

do you think they are good enough for a straight Vs cd swap?? ;);)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Now I'm sort of wishing I didn't buy any and try to get some on here or ebay!!! But I'm taking my 16 year old niece, Madison, and the seats I have are good for her. Especially compard to if we got the middle of the floor....we wouldn't be able to see anything. I was kinda hoping for front section or the first tier on the side though. At least we'll be elevated a bit so we can see. I'm just hoping we can get everyone near us pumped enough to stand and cheer and have a great night.

your tix are pretty good Sus! and yeah if you dont get front tix and your little shorter than most elevated is gonna be way better. and I think that the atmosphere is great all around the lowered sections.....its when you get way up the back where it dies a little.
    Hey Joel :) havent been there before sorry. do you know how many it holds there? i'd be thinkin it would be a big show!

Just checked out their site and it looks like it holds about 18000, so should be sweet hopefully :D
    I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stoney G.

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
  • rocket wrote:
    hey guys.am going to shows 1 and 2 in melbourne.god november seems a long way off*s*
    didn't get the greatest seats for show one but who cares.i'm there

Nice one Rocket...yeah November does seem a long way off...but damn it is really gonna go by and before we know it we will be rockin our socks off to PJ!!
  • Just checked out their site and it looks like it holds about 18000, so should be sweet hopefully :D

18,000 cheering fans...now thats gonna be a sweet sounding arena!

*checks to see Bris capacity
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Here's a better pic of rod laver seating

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/Vookie23/rodlaver3.jpg

ta da!
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
    your tix are pretty good Sus! and yeah if you dont get front tix and your little shorter than most elevated is gonna be way better. and I think that the atmosphere is great all around the lowered sections.....its when you get way up the back where it dies a little.

The tix are "alright"...I would say they're "pretty good"....

But I'm seriously considering that if I work my arse off for 4 -6 months and make shitloads of money at work, maybe I can buy some realllly good ones from ebay for another city and go a third time....

...well, that dream is sort of making me feel a bit better at the moment.... :o
    18,000 cheering fans...now thats gonna be a sweet sounding arena!

*checks to see Bris capacity

I think Brisbane is 13k to 14k???
  • looks liek Bris holds 13,500...damn thats alot of chicks to knock down Zig ;)
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    The tix are "alright"...I would say they're "pretty good"....

But I'm seriously considering that if I work my arse off for 4 -6 months and make shitloads of money at work, maybe I can buy some realllly good ones from ebay for another city and go a third time....

...well, that dream is sort of making me feel a bit better at the moment.... :o

thats a great idea Zig...dunno if tix on Ebay will go up in price as the show nears or go down...hard call.....but a great idea.
    looks liek Bris holds 13,500...damn thats alot of chicks to knock down Zig ;)

hahaha almost choked on my dessert then :eek: :D

7/11/06 - Sydney 1
    18/11/06 - Sydney 3
  • hahaha almost choked on my dessert then :eek: :D

LMAO!! glad you didnt .....and if a riot breaks out...its not us ;)
    whats for dessert??
    looks liek Bris holds 13,500...damn thats alot of chicks to knock down Zig ;)

We can take 'em ALLLL down.... :D

Ticket prices will definitely go up...but if I could pick up some tix in the front section for $500 down the track and I could afford it, I'd do it...but maybe they'd be like $1,000 and I'm just kidding myself...who knows. IF tix were front three rows and I had a spare $5,000 sitting there, I'd pay a fair bit! :eek:

It's weird...I have this feeling that next time they come I could be 8 months pregnant, or about to give birth, or have a 2 week old baby at home -- some circumstance that is going to make it harder to go with Leigh....I have this feeling deep in my heart that I need to make the most of this tour for some reason...I sound like a raving lunatic!!!! :D
  • now this really really fucks me Off :mad:
    someone from Canada has bought 6 tix....2 for Bris and 4 for Sydney and selling them for $499 for the Bris tix, and $799 for the Sydney tix :mad: what a fuckin arse wipe. Blatantly bought tix knowing he/she couls sell them for more than face value..but that much more...its outrageous!! :mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-PEARL-JAM-Brisbane-Entertainment-Centre-FLOOR-SEATS_W0QQitemZ4883582380QQcategoryZ59968QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Ticket prices will definitely go up...but if I could pick up some tix in the front section for $500 down the track and I could afford it, I'd do it...but maybe they'd be like $1,000 and I'm just kidding myself...who knows. IF tix were front three rows and I had a spare $5,000 sitting there, I'd pay a fair bit! :eek:

It's weird...I have this feeling that next time they come I could be 8 months pregnant, or about to give birth, or have a 2 week old baby at home -- some circumstance that is going to make it harder to go with Leigh....I have this feeling deep in my heart that I need to make the most of this tour for some reason...I sound like a raving lunatic!!!! :D

damn Ziggy....you having a dip into the future huh....but hey, you take one concert at a time dont ya and take that show/s like its gonna be your last! that way it will forever remain one of the best memories you have...and then if they do come back and you cant go, or if they never come back...then you will feel comfort in the knowledge that last time was a fuckin blast!!
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yep watched some tix for about 5 rows back on Mikes side go for $430 today on ebay, but didn't bid in case of 3rd melb or 2nd adelaide announcement, decisions, decisions. If only I was mega-rich.
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • filthy_canvisfilthy_canvis Posts: 813
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    till you run into six foot of dancing filthy mookie:D

not going to second bris show:(:( unless someone has a spare:rolleyes:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
This discussion has been closed.