Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Can anyone else not get on the lifewasted.net message board?

Oh yeah, i got screwed over too. Took my time logging on thinking 2nd show would take half hour to get announced. In the rafters sydney 2 and half way back on the floor brisbane 2. At least fan club tix for 2 shows!
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Sloth2 wrote:
    I got arse raped in terms of tickets for ngiht 2

Sydney Section 5 Row 2 : Behind mixing desk

Melbourne Section 62 Row CC, up near the rafters on the side

Brisbane SS14C ROW BR next tot he mixing area

:(

Yeah Sloth I got reamed as well!

Got Section 4 row 9 at around 9.35. What time you get your Sydney ones just out of interest?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • GennibeanGennibean Posts: 75
    News
    Disappointed Pearl fans jam website
    with Amy Edwards and Michael Gadd

18 May 2006
    The Newcastle Herald
    Late

the word

WHEN Rob Wilson found out Pearl Jam had not included Newcastle on their national tour, he knew there would be other disappointed fans around.

What he didn't expect was that more than 600 people, mostly from the Hunter Valley, were willing to express this disappointment in writing.

Wilson (left in picture) and fellow fans Mark Waddingham (centre) and Andrew McCallum (right) began an online petition late last week to get Pearl Jam to perform in Newcastle in November.

Yesterday the count stood at 632 names on the website and the plight has even attracted support from surfing legend Mark Richards, a known friend of Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam's lead singer).

Wilson and co plan to forward the petition to Pearl Jam's tour manager as well as tour promoter Michael Coppel.

The trio, who have been fans since high school and even sport a couple of Pearl Jam tattoos, remain hopeful that Newcastle will be added to the upcoming tour, which includes Sydney.

The Newcastle petition is at ncsis.com/pearljam.

I wonder when the petition will be handed in. It will have to be soon so they can organise things (date, venue, ticketing) if it is successful.

I did ok with night 2 in Sydney S20 row I. Melbourne night 2 is shithouse, S39 row NN. At least I'll be there though.
    ******* Official Upcoming Australasian Tour Member #74*******
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    My guess is they show will sell out

Then theyll announce it :D
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Yesterday the count stood at 632 names on the website and the plight has even attracted support from surfing legend Mark Richards, a known friend of Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam's lead singer).

I don't mean to be negative... but 632... that's pretty lame... (especially for a website petition - which are fraudulent by nature)...
    The show will not come to fruition.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I don't mean to be negative... but 632... that's pretty lame... (especially for a website petition - which are fraudulent by nature)...
    The show will not come to fruition.

Because they're coming to TOWNSVILLE....!!!! It's been a secret that I couldn't reveal until tickets went on sale.... :D:D:D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    can someone post the dates for all known shows so far...

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • CopTheRiotActCopTheRiotAct Posts: 953
    TOUR DATES*:
    Tue 7 & Wed 8 Nov - Acer Arena (formerly Sydney SuperDome)
    Fri 10 & Sat 11 Nov - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
    Mon 13 & Tues 14 Nov - Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne Park
    Tue 21 Nov - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • Vookie23 wrote:
    I know they've got good stabilisers, but your probably right, no definetly right, nice talking to you this morning, hope things are a bit calmer now.

yeah all calm now its just starting too sink in that i have tiks to 2 shows and if the third goes ahead in melb maybe we will get 10C tiks or we will go the corparate box but still tiks to two shows im gonna start jumping around the room now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    DonJon wrote:
    Yeah Sloth I got reamed as well!

Got Section 4 row 9 at around 9.35. What time you get your Sydney ones just out of interest?

email confirmation says 9:07am but it was about 9:30 i would say
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Murder wrote:
    TOUR DATES*:

Last tour the 3rd shows didnt go on sale for a number of days after the first 2 shows. If it goes like it did in 03, 3rd shows will be announced this arvo and will go on sale tuesday or something.
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    Murder wrote:
    TOUR DATES*:

Wade, where are you sitting for night 2??? I can't find your post from before (thread's moving too quickly!)
    S14a. The third little box on the floor from the stage

and section E in melbourne. Pretty much near the mixing board.
    Im getting so frustrated by this third show, its my last chance to get some really good tickets. And it could just go on sale at any random time.
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Tassiepetals just posted a response from 10C in the ten club oz tickets page about no rollover tickets for future Oz shows, an answer albeit slightly late, looks like if there are more shows announced it's going to be a free for all again, doh
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
    Murder wrote:
    S14a. The third little box on the floor from the stage

and section E in melbourne. Pretty much near the mixing board.

Gotcha....I'm sort of glad I'm not on the flat floor this time (unless I was in the first section). I was in the second section from stage last time (S47B) and couldn't see a thing....I wish I was in the first lot of angle seats to the side of the stage....S46 or S8 would be good....
    Murder wrote:
    Im getting so frustrated by this third show, its my last chance to get some really good tickets. And it could just go on sale at any random time.

Ive called the promoter and ticketek, they both said there will only be 30 secs notice if it goes on sale today. no help at all
    30 secs notice???

why???????????????????
    Lukin_oz wrote:
    Ive called the promoter and ticketek, they both said there will only be 30 secs notice if it goes on sale today. no help at all

WHAT?? That's fucked...glad I'm not trying to get tix....
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Murder wrote:

Visit pearljam.com for info on additional shows!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    The site is way too busy at the moment, i cant get in. Its midday now. it could be announced!!

aghhh
    DonJon wrote:
    Visit pearljam.com for info on additional shows!

yeap, peraljam.com would probably have more chance in having info that pj.com.
  • Murder wrote:
    The site is way too busy at the moment, i cant get in. Its midday now. it could be announced!!

aghhh

No, nothing.
    Murder wrote:

aghhh

Im sitting pretty tight on ticketek checking for updates... ill keep everyone posted to any developments.
    At the Brisbane 2003 concert, were there 10c seats on the side sections closest to the stage? Or just in front? Because the confirmation email said seating will be at the front and side areas....

I hope Leigh doesn't have to sit up on the sides and I'm at the front on the floor...he's 271XXX....I already feel a bit guilty leaving him and sitting with Gus (But not TOO guilty!!! ;)) But he's 6 foot....he can see wherever he is....I'm 5 foot 2 **makes herself feel better**
    It suddently got really slow, as it hit 12 oclock..

But no.. nothing.
    The status of melbourne no.2

Availability:
    floor Alloc. Exhausted
    lower Alloc. Exhausted
    upper Available
    side impeded Available

Shouldnt be much longer til its sold out.
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Oh no was going to leave it, now I'm going to have to sit here all day, grr
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    At the Brisbane 2003 concert, were there 10c seats on the side sections closest to the stage? Or just in front? Because the confirmation email said seating will be at the front and side areas....

I hope Leigh doesn't have to sit up on the sides and I'm at the front on the floor...he's 271XXX....I already feel a bit guilty leaving him and sitting with Gus (But not TOO guilty!!! ;)) But he's 6 foot....he can see wherever he is....I'm 5 foot 2 **makes herself feel better**

I dont think they have 10C seating on the side at all shows, only when they sell heaps of 10C tickets.
  • Fuck... I wish they'd just roll over a second Adelaide show now, while I'm online. There's nothing but rear view left!!!
    You wait, it'll happen the second I freakin log off...
This discussion has been closed.