Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• rocketrocket Posts: 78
    guys i enquired today about a corporate box.$1990 dollars for eighteen people.i know i would love to see them in the ga area,but for one show,providing i get tickets for more than one would just love to be able to relax in comfort and watch the world's greatest band.any thoughts?
    now i just have to find seventeen other people *lol*
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
    yeah i guess by the fact that they don't play at those venues the support isn't there.i know if i lived in one of those cities i would work my arse off to get them to play there
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    rocket wrote:
    guys i enquired today about a corporate box.$1990 dollars for eighteen people.i know i would love to see them in the ga area,but for one show,providing i get tickets for more than one would just love to be able to relax in comfort and watch the world's greatest band.any thoughts?

That equates to about the price of a normal ticket each.
    That's pretty good. But i'd still prefer to be in my fantastic 10C seat
    rocket wrote:
    yeah i guess by the fact that they don't play at those venues the support isn't there.i know if i lived in one of those cities i would work my arse off to get them to play there

To be honest, i reckon the support IS there, but the promoter's are too damn lazy to find out.
    i am not a member of 10c,so i thought if i really wanted a ticket this may be a way.but as i said you need seventeen other people*s*i am hard pressed finding people these days.ended up going to foo fighters by myself as i couldn't find anyone and didn't miss out.i am sure i'll get a ticket,just won't be as fantastic as yours*s*
    rocket wrote:
    i am not a member of 10c,so i thought if i really wanted a ticket this may be a way.but as i said you need seventeen other people*s*i am hard pressed finding people these days.ended up going to foo fighters by myself as i couldn't find anyone and didn't miss out.i am sure i'll get a ticket,just won't be as fantastic as yours*s*

I recommend that you create a post at http://www.LifeWasted.net and see if you can get some takers there.
    See you guys later
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    hey guys in need spare ten club seat to adelaide, if anyone has one can u please pm me cheers

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:
    Zig this is in no way aimed at you individually but to those with negative comments re a Newcastle gig. Whilst I would love a Newcastle gig to happen....I understand everyones points (Re proximity and also other popular qreas such as north Qld) and they make 100% sense BUT.....

OZ, Andre etc have put heaps of work in here guys and if they pull it off then fair play to them! No one actually suffers because of it and if you believe that your area (whether it be Brisbane,Bonnie Doon or Baghdad) should get a concert then do as these folks have done and get a petition going.

My point really being......they've done the hard work and if thet get rewarded then good on them (and I know most of you have probably supported them).

DonJon, I said earlier up that I TOTALLY support the Newcastle gig and have signed the petition and am following everything that has been posted about it. I didn't say that Newcastle shouldn't get a gig. I'm saying it would be nice for up north to have one too considering we have to travel MUCH MUCH further to get to a PJ gig.

I don't have time to organise a petition -- I own my own business and barely have time to do anything after work hours. I haven't once whinged about north not getting a concert but I still think it's pathetic that north needs to have a petition to get ONE decent international band play here.

But I can still say that you guys have it better than A LOT of people....and even if you don't get your Newcastle concert, you are much much much closer to a gig than a lot of Australians...so don't complain too much! :)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    rocket wrote:

That's a pathetic comment.....

I think the problem with Australia is that they only play capital cities and Australia is soooo spread out that that by playing Brisbane, they are missing most of their Queensland fans who live north of say Rocky!

Just because they don't come here doesn't mean the support isn't here.
    Gustopholies....money deposited at 4.42pm!

Cheers!
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    RVM toronto may 10th is awesome :D

i still havent actually bought RVM GH in its proper form... :o
    wah
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon, I said earlier up that I TOTALLY support the Newcastle gig and have signed the petition and am following everything that has been posted about it. I didn't say that Newcastle shouldn't get a gig. I'm saying it would be nice for up north to have one too considering we have to travel MUCH MUCH further to get to a PJ gig.

I don't have time to organise a petition -- I own my own business and barely have time to do anything after work hours. I haven't once whinged about north not getting a concert but I still think it's pathetic that north needs to have a petition to get ONE decent international band play here.

But I can still say that you guys have it better than A LOT of people....and even if you don't get your Newcastle concert, you are much much much closer to a gig than a lot of Australians...so don't complain too much! :)

I agree with you wholeheartedly and my comments should not have been a reply to a post of yours - it should have been stand alone. Please be aware that it was not itended at you - my mistake.

Yes we are lucky down here without a doubt and I was more so trying to make the point that Oz/Andre should not be put down/criticised because of their efforts...which I thought was happening at the time by a few.

My mistake for posting in a reply to one of your posts!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    now now ppl lets not bicker

:)

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
    DonJon wrote:
    I agree with you wholeheartedly and my comments should not have been a reply to a post of yours - it should have been stand alone. Please be aware that it was not itended at you - my mistake.

Yes we are lucky down here without a doubt and I was more so trying to make the point that Oz/Andre should not be put down/criticised because of their efforts...which I thought was happening at the time by a few.

My mistake for posting in a reply to one of your posts!

No probs! :D
  • rocket wrote:

are you in melbourne cause if you are let me know and we will get somthing going for the last show

shit wrong post
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • rocket wrote:

let me know if tour in melb if so we should sort somthing for the last show
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
  • Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Port Macquarie - Sydney= 5.5 - 6hours
    Coffs Harbour - Sydney= 7 - 8 hours
    Scone - Sydney= 4 - 4.5 hours

and so on....................

Puts his hand up in Tassie. LOL
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
    rocket wrote:
    i am from melbourne so i have it pretty lucky when basnds tour,but what about tassie.they get nothing ever.spare a though guys

Ah thanks, I think.

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • tommyphillipstommyphillips Posts: 709
    hey we get some bands.... you know like once a decade and stuff

john fogerty came down
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
    my parents credit card hasnt been charged yet, should i be worried

• threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392

nope, i haven't even checked mine, but as long as you have order processed in you profile in the goods section you should be right
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980

Nah, mine neither, normally takes a few days or so.

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    it took until 95 for the guys to come out here for the first time. if it was nowadays we would've seen em earlier, but we got them then. and then we got em in 98. and 03. and now 06. adds more to the notion of us being a lucky country. those poor south americans - really awesome fans who made a shitload more noise than any crowd on the last oz tour - only got to see em for the first last year!

so let us kneel and give thanks :D
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    heyjose wrote:
    it took until 95 for the guys to come out here for the first time. if it was nowadays we would've seen em earlier, but we got them then. and then we got em in 98. and 03. and now 06. adds more to the notion of us being a lucky country. those poor south americans - really awesome fans who made a shitload more noise than any crowd on the last oz tour - only got to see em for the first last year!

so let us kneel and give thanks :D

here here

10 char
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
    hey we get some bands.... you know like once a decade and stuff

john fogerty came down

Don't forget Alice Cooper, Meatloaf, Jimmy Barnes, Kylie Minogue, Scandalous, Savage Garden, Shannon Noll,

Vookie23 wrote:
    Don't forget Alice Cooper, Meatloaf, Jimmy Barnes, Kylie Minogue, Scandalous, Savage Garden, Shannon Noll,
    meh.............

meh.............

No but serously have seen the Black Keys, Beautiful Girls, Wolfmother, The Grates x2, JB3 x 2, Xavier Rudd, De La Soul, Living End x2, The Dandy Warholes, Pete Murray, Vasco Era x2, The Cat Empire x 3, Hilltop Hoods, Billy Bragg, Butterfingers, plus many more, so I don't think we get it too tough, just limited by Bass Strait, however lots of Bands are now coming to Tas for the curiosity for example the white stripes last year, hey you never know, I know Ed has surfed King Island with Kelly Slater a few times, so there might be a secret gig here in the 8 day break between melb and adelaide. ;)

• BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Vookie23 wrote:
    No but serously have seen the Black Keys, Beautiful Girls, Wolfmother, The Grates x2, JB3 x 2, Xavier Rudd, De La Soul, Living End x2, The Dandy Warholes, Pete Murray, Vasco Era x2, The Cat Empire x 3, Hilltop Hoods, Billy Bragg, Butterfingers, plus many more, so I don't think we get it too tough, just limited by Bass Strait, however lots of Bands are now coming to Tas for the curiosity for example the white stripes last year, hey you never know, I know Ed has surfed King Island with Kelly Slater a few times, so there might be a secret gig here in the 8 day break between melb and adelaide. ;)
    I take it you've been to a falls festival or two.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    I just received a response from the coppel website. Unfortunately, it was regarding a question long before the tour was announced. If anyone's emailed them recently don't expect a response anytime soon. This one took a couple of months.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
This discussion has been closed.