Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    See you guys, i'm heading to uni!!
    If you haven't already signed the petition please do, and tell your friends and family.
    http://www.ncsis.com/pearljam/

See all of you later!!

Anyone set up a site to petition AGAINST the Newcastle concert?

haha sorry, but someone earlier was right. Newcastle is so close to Sydney. Takes 50 mins to drive, if that
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    vital5 wrote:
    I didnt think Adelaide had cars yet... Let alone music?! Learn something new everyday :)

buwhahaha... FUNNY

they're nice cars too :D i can only look, not touch!

only 1.5hrs b/w sydney and newcastle? :eek:
    wah
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    my birthday show! :) tornoto night 2

mp3 :eek: only cos i had no friggen idea what flac was! but reading up on it now... i shoulda gone the flac :o

Well well well....OUR birthday show hey?!?!? (**hint hint**)

:cool:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    vital5 wrote:

haha sorry, but someone earlier was right. Newcastle is so close to Sydney. Takes 50 mins to drive, if that

If ANYWHERE should get a concert, north Queensland should! We'd get people from Mackay upwards -- could easily sell out a venue!

I agree....Newcastle is too close to the other concerts -- but I'll still support it anyway! :)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    If ANYWHERE should get a concert, north Queensland should! We'd get people from Mackay upwards -- could easily sell out a venue!

I agree....Newcastle is too close to the other concerts -- but I'll still support it anyway! :)

Supporting this effort is like supporting the team playing against the Harlem Globetrotters :)
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    what's up peoples?

would ya look @that, we got nice weather today!

3 sleeps till freak out day #2.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    vital5 wrote:
    Supporting this effort is like supporting the team playing against the Harlem Globetrotters :)

lol

I don't understand the negativity towards the petition.

Surely the more concerts they play the better for everyone. We're not trying to cancel out a Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, NZ or any show, we just want Newcastle as well.

There are plenty of other places it'd be great to see them play, and if it meant another possible concert I'd support every effort.

Anyway it comes down to a choice, hey if you choose not to support it then fine, but why be actively against it? Doesn't make any sense.

my 2c
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
    Andre_W wrote:
    lol

I don't understand the negativity towards the petition.

Surely the more concerts they play the better for everyone. We're not trying to cancel out a Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, NZ or any show, we just want Newcastle as well.

There are plenty of other places it'd be great to see them play, and if it meant another possible concert I'd support every effort.

Anyway it comes down to a choice, hey if you choose not to support it then fine, but why be actively against it? Doesn't make any sense.

my 2c

That was about a $1's worth... Don't worry i know i'd be whining and petitioning if they weren't doing a Sydney show...
  • Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    vital5 wrote:
    That was about a $1's worth... Don't worry i know i'd be whining and petitioning if they weren't doing a Sydney show...

:)

we got them big coins up here ma! ;)
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    vital5 wrote:

i dont think you'll be whining if they DO end up doing a newcastle show.... in fact im sure youd be right there when the 10c tickets go on sale.

i would NOT be complaining if i got to go to 3+ shows in my state.... it would save me a fuckload of $$$$ in airfares!

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    vital5 wrote:

50 mins to drive!!!
    I'd like to go for a drive with you!!
    I'd have to remember to wear my seatbelt and assume the crash position throughout the trip!! :)
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Well well well....OUR birthday show hey?!?!? (**hint hint**)

:cool:

shite! :D

ok some1 pm me zig's addy... im so subtle arent i

:D:D:D
    wah
    The Newcastle show isn't just for us Novocastrians. It's for all the people living in the Hunter Valley, Mid North Coast and beyond, who will find it extremely difficult to get to a Sydney show due to the vast distances. I've got my ticket for Sydney. It's not the end of the world for me if they don't play in Newcastle, but it could be for some other people who live further north or even inland
    shite! :D

ok some1 pm me zig's addy... im so subtle arent i

:D:D:D

Shhhhhh...... :cool: I'm trying to be cool and discrete here....

...So check your PMs in 2 mins....
  • Oz Jammer wrote:
    The Newcastle show isn't just for us Novocastrians. It's for all the people living in the Hunter Valley, Mid North Coast and beyond, who will find it extremely difficult to get to a Sydney show due to the vast distances. I've got my ticket for Sydney. It's not the end of the world for me if they don't play in Newcastle, but it could be for some other people who live further north or even inland

lets not exaggerate on the vast distances eh
    if someone really wants to see them im sure they could travel 3 hrs to a show
    try driving from perth to sydney to brisbane then back to perth...thats vast
    Wave came crashing...

LOL Yeah, try travelling from north Queensland for a show! Talk about fucking expensive! For Leigh and I to fly to Adelaide costs us $1,400 just for return plane tickets!!!! That's why we can only afford to go to Brisbane....

Most of you guys down there have it pretty good....

Port Macquarie - Sydney= 5.5 - 6hours
    Coffs Harbour - Sydney= 7 - 8 hours
    Scone - Sydney= 4 - 4.5 hours

and so on....................
  • Oz Jammer wrote:

woopedy doo...
    Wave came crashing...

Anybody who drives that distance is either loaded or is an absolute dickhead
  • Oz Jammer wrote:
    Anybody who drives that distance is either loaded or is an absolute dickhead

scuse me????
    Wave came crashing...
    Oz Jammer wrote:

But that's still pretty good though.....a 7 hour drive is NOTHING!

Don't get me wrong -- I'm totally behind and supporting the Newcastle gig....but I do think it's a shame that should another concert get announced, it's in the same area as the others...

Us up north really get shafted everytime a band comes.....

Mackay to Brisbane = 12 hours
    Townsville to Brisbane = 17 hours
    Cairns to Brisbane = 21 hours

I don't think that PJ going to Newcastle will enable that many more people to see a PJ concert -- but if they played up north, there would be A LOT of people who could now go....
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Don't get me wrong -- I'm totally behind and supporting the Newcastle gig....but I do think it's a shame that should another concert get announced, it's in the same area as the others...

are u driving ziggy or flying from townsville ziggy?
    Wave came crashing...
    are u driving ziggy or flying from townsville ziggy?

Flying....I can't afford to take off too much time from work -- and driving would take waaaay too long....3 days of my holiday would be in the car! Stuff that! I'm leaving Thursday and returning Sunday or Monday I think.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Flying....I can't afford to take off too much time from work -- and driving would take waaaay too long....3 days of my holiday would be in the car! Stuff that! I'm leaving Thursday and returning Sunday or Monday I think.

cool
    me and 6 other friends are doing the road trip and at the moment are in the process of designing road trip Pearl Jam shirts and we are gonna stay a little longer after the brissy show on the gold coast
    Wave came crashing...
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Also it's probably the cheaper option nowadays. Damn oil prices!!!
  • rocketrocket Posts: 78
    i am from melbourne so i have it pretty lucky when basnds tour,but what about tassie.they get nothing ever.spare a though guys
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I don't think that PJ going to Newcastle will enable that many more people to see a PJ concert -- but if they played up north, there would be A LOT of people who could now go....

Zig this is in no way aimed at you individually but to those with negative comments re a Newcastle gig. Whilst I would love a Newcastle gig to happen....I understand everyones points (Re proximity and also other popular qreas such as north Qld) and they make 100% sense BUT.....

OZ, Andre etc have put heaps of work in here guys and if they pull it off then fair play to them! No one actually suffers because of it and if you believe that your area (whether it be Brisbane,Bonnie Doon or Baghdad) should get a concert then do as these folks have done and get a petition going.

My point really being......they've done the hard work and if thet get rewarded then good on them (and I know most of you have probably supported them).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    rocket wrote:
    i am from melbourne so i have it pretty lucky when basnds tour,but what about tassie.they get nothing ever.spare a though guys

Maybe it's about time PJ did some regional dates. I agree with both Ziggy and Rocket. Tassie and Townsville should get shows. Just looking at basic demographics, it's easy to see that both these places SHOULD get world class acts
  • rocketrocket Posts: 78
    am not sure about stadium sizes`in these cities but i have no doubt that they would sell shows.was up in cairns recently and the stadium i saw looked quite big,not sure of it"s capacity though
    someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be a star.why can't it be ,can't it be in mine?
    rocket wrote:
    am not sure about stadium sizes`in these cities but i have no doubt that they would sell shows.was up in cairns recently and the stadium i saw looked quite big,not sure of it"s capacity though

It really shouldn't have to come down to capacity size of venues, it should be whether there's support for a show in those areas.
This discussion has been closed.