Options

Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    FINALLY got an e-mail back from the Ent Cent

Hi Rob,

Thank you for you email. Unfortunately at this time I cannot confirm the
    rumour. We have no details of Pearl Jam appearing at the Newcastle
    Entertainment Centre in December.

Kind regards,

Kate Lewis

I'm a bit suspicious of the "at this time i cannot confirm the rumour" THIS TIME......mmmmm
    The next line could be accredited to the fact that PJ won't be out this year but could be out early next year.
    Or it could be down to a bit of hopeful thinking on my part.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    you poor thing Zig :( its scary from here, i cant even begin to imagine what its like where you are, or the poor folks in Cairns and Innisfail

It's fine here....glad I'm not up north. Only wind and rain here....

Did you see my post last night about my wedding....it's off! Our perfect place would have been smashed to the ground.....it was right near Innisfail. We are soooo disappointed. :( Fucking mother nature!!! :mad: I'm praying the castles weren't destroyed but they would have been....they were already crumbling -- a Cat 5 cyclone would have fucked them totally. Apparently all the rainforest around the same area is flattened too....

http://www.paronellapark.com.au
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Hi Rob,

Kind regards,

Kate Lewis

I'm a bit suspicious of the "at this time i cannot confirm the rumour" THIS TIME......mmmmm
    The next line could be accredited to the fact that PJ won't be out this year but could be out early next year.

interesting

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Yep....hopeful thinking! ;) They're coming to Townsville instead...
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    It's fine here....glad I'm not up north. Only wind and rain here....

Did you see my post last night about my wedding....it's off! Our perfect place would have been smashed to the ground.....it was right near Innisfail. We are soooo disappointed. :( Fucking mother nature!!! :mad: I'm praying the castles weren't destroyed but they would have been....they were already crumbling -- a Cat 5 cyclone would have fucked them totally. Apparently all the rainforest around the same area is flattened too....

http://www.paronellapark.com.au

yeah saw the site.....beautiful place...perfect for you. They might still be ok Sus :o hopefully

fucin must be U2 day on VH1 just had about 6 songs in a row. At least its the old stuff, i dont mind that. Why couldnt they have a PJ lunch today....damn that would have been awesome!!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Hi Rob,

Kind regards,

Kate Lewis

"..have no details" My take - management may have been in contact enquiring about available dates and thats it
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Pappas wrote:
    interesting

Indeed.
    You'd think they'd just flat out say no.
    "Cannot confirm it at this time" just says to me that that they are playing but they're not allowed to tell anybody until the 'powers that be' tell them that they can
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,703
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Hi Rob,

Kind regards,

Kate Lewis

I would be surprised if Pearl Jam ever played at Newcastle, unless of course Ed wants to go surfing there. :)
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    I would be surprised if Pearl Jam ever played at Newcastle, unless of course Ed wants to go surfing there. :)

Ed's been to Newie a lot of times. He's good mates with Mark Richards.
    Stone's also been here aswell. Saw him in Newcastle when he toured with Brad in 03
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I like the look of the "Reserve Tickets for Potential Added Shows" sticky.

Hopefully they have the same thing available for when they come down here. In the past they have only announced one show in each city and only made 10 club tickets available to the first show. Then they add more shows as demand dictates i think.

I would love to be able to get 10club tickets for all the East coast shows and not have to battle ticketek/ticketmaster for tickets.
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Ed's been to Newie a lot of times. He's good mates with Mark Richards.
    Stone's also been here aswell. Saw him in Newcastle when he toured with Brad in 03

M.R - Respect!
  • Options
    If the boys do come to Newcastle then I openly invite them over my house for some delicious banana bread and a drop of Hunter Valley shiraz
  • Options
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Nice find but not really any more that we've been already known/thought/wished. After reading all that stuff about digital encoding by Sony in another thread...I dont know if I can trust these pricks?
  • Options
    Hey is WWS getting some decnt airplay on rock radio in Aus? Casue it's getting fuck all here. I never hear it during the day. The night DJ is good shit though. Says his fav band is Pearl Jam and plays WWS sometimes and gives the album a plug. But I'm fucking pissed that it's not getting much airplay. Only made it to #28 week one. Was #21 this week but makes it shitty in comparison to how it's doing in the US.
  • Options
    Too much Delta..........not enough PJ.
    Can't get too mad at Delta though. She's just too damn good looking!!
  • Options
    Hey is WWS getting some decnt airplay on rock radio in Aus? Casue it's getting fuck all here. I never hear it during the day. The night DJ is good shit though. Says his fav band is Pearl Jam and plays WWS sometimes and gives the album a plug. But I'm fucking pissed that it's not getting much airplay. Only made it to #28 week one. Was #21 this week but makes it shitty in comparison to how it's doing in the US.

It was Triple J's "Hit or Shit?" last week and it got voted 54% shit and 46% hit.
    Wave came crashing...
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Too much Delta..........not enough PJ.
    Can't get too mad at Delta though. She's just too damn good looking!!

yeah but i cant see delta on the radio can i ;)
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • Options
    yeah but i cant see delta on the radio can i ;)

Excellent point my friend.

Delta......Grrrrrrrrrr

No, still can't get mad at her
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Delta......Grrrrrrrrrr

No, still can't get mad at her

I CAN!!! **WHACK!!! PUNCHES DELTA IN THE HEAD AND SHE FALLS TO THE GROUND CRYING FOR HER MUMMY**

I've seen waaaaaay too much Delta for one lifetime. :D
  • Options
    Does anyone know if this is the real deal or could it be the download burnt onto a cd and put into a sleeve with the artwork printed on?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEARL-JAM-World-Wide-Suicide-RARE-PROMO-CD_W0QQitemZ4853535265QQcategoryZ1572QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Does anyone know if this is the real deal or could it be the download burnt onto a cd and put into a sleeve with the artwork printed on?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PEARL-JAM-World-Wide-Suicide-RARE-PROMO-CD_W0QQitemZ4853535265QQcategoryZ1572QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Coast??? Doesn't Tig live at the Gold Coast????? Hmmmmm.......
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:

nah, i dont think its real. most of the stations were DLing it to be able to play it.

and no its not me Zig. My Ebay name is PEARLJAMCRAZEE :D:D
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Oz Jammer wrote:

FAKE!!!

and i posted this a few pages back but i don't know if it was seen with all the cyclone excitment:

"Bono counldn't confirm actual dates for the reschedule of U2's tour on Enough Rope, only saying that they will defiantly be returning this year. Pearl Jam have annouced a World Tour with Australian dates likely for November this year or Febuary of next year. And it's likely Tool will be in Australia sometime after their new ablum is released in April"

So still nothing solid, It looks like most news sources are getting their info from the same place as us. Right here!!!

Also this was in the Sunday Mail this weekend in Qld(which is also from a VERY OLD rumour, along with an old Photo):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0/a4e1df23.jpg
    I like the look of the "Reserve Tickets for Potential Added Shows" sticky.

Hopefully they have the same thing available for when they come down here. In the past they have only announced one show in each city and only made 10 club tickets available to the first show. Then they add more shows as demand dictates i think.

I would love to be able to get 10club tickets for all the East coast shows and not have to battle ticketek/ticketmaster for tickets.

I don't like you chances, cause for past aussie tours they have only announced the second and third shows the day that tickets go onsale from ticketek/ticketmaster, not before these shows have sold out. so i don't think it'll happen here, i think the most you can hope for is getting 10c tix for more then one show, which is unlikely as well, but you never know.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    DonJon wrote:
    "..have no details" My take - management may have been in contact enquiring about available dates and thats it

My take - it is the standard cut and paste job that they send every person enquiring about an un-announced event.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    My take - it is the standard cut and paste job that they send every person enquiring about an un-announced event.

Yeah, you could Email them and ask them if the beatles were playing and they would send you the Same, "Can not confirm anything" statment
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    sheep, weed, delta, hunter valley? :eek:

2006 :D

ebay thing so fake :D
    wah
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I don't like you chances, cause for past aussie tours they have only announced the second and third shows the day that tickets go onsale from ticketek/ticketmaster, not before these shows have sold out. so i don't think it'll happen here, i think the most you can hope for is getting 10c tix for more then one show, which is unlikely as well, but you never know.

That is how they have done it in the past but if you read the sticky on the first page they are enabling US members to pre-register for tickets in the event that additional shows are added. You register your name/number/credit card etc. and if the show gets added they debit your card and you get tickets.

Fingers crossed - it sounds like a great idea.
  • Options

Probably correct - just trying to have a little optimism
This discussion has been closed.