Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    Zoso wrote:
    u can bring me back ed's tambourine yes from the perth show yes?
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    and she can give me ed's wine, yes?

so much easier than past requests! haha!
    wah
    Pappas wrote:
    e should try organise a 'ten club and message pit members' allowed to go watch soundcheck, has been done with other singers/bands. you say on here to kat etc what ur user name is an ten club number, an on the day of the show eg adelaide, they have the list an u rock up to door at the right time an they cross u off the list an ur allowed to go watch soundcheck seein as ur such a good fan :)

are you kidding! what other bands did that in the past?
    wah
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    If the Perth show is at the Burswood, does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced hotel to stay at which is quite close to the venue, because my girlfriend tells me that the Burswood is quite a bit away from the city.
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Still hoping :)
    On that matter, I was thinking that Newcastle could be the perfect place for a Ten Club only show. We could use Civic Theatre. It's a great intimate venue (1500)
    Some of you might have seen it before as it was the venue that is featured on Silverchair's CD/DVD set 'Live From Faraway Stables'
    Saw Oasis and Live at the Civic (and Carl Barron) and it's probably one of the best venues i've ever been to

What about an acoustic Ten Club only show at the Civic!!
    That'd be awesome!!
    I'd love to see that anywhere never mind just in Newie
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    are you kidding! what other bands did that in the past?

obviously not matchbox 20 hehe
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • ok i could possibly make a melbourne show.... maybe.... if i had my end of year exam timetable..... which i dont, and probably wont get for over 4 months.... :mad: might have to go looking to see if i can find out earlier...
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
    ok i could possibly make a melbourne show.... maybe.... if i had my end of year exam timetable..... which i dont, and probably wont get for over 4 months.... :mad: might have to go looking to see if i can find out earlier...

Who comes up with these dates? Pearl Jam or Coppel?
    If it's Coppel then I think we should go back to the plan to torch his house!!
    :)
    Zoso wrote:
    obviously not matchbox 20 hehe

no worries tim, everytime they are in town i seem to catch them ;):D
    wah
  • Oz Jammer wrote:

im all for that!
    i mean tour planning 101: make sure your dates dont coencide with any other important national events (IE. NATIONAL UNI and Yr 12 exams!!!)

the melbourne gig is on a monday, so there is a chance i could fly over in the arvo, go to the gig and fly back early morning.....:rolleyes:

a perth gig is my best bet at multiple shows...

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    im all for that!
    i mean tour planning 101: make sure your dates dont coencide with any other important national events (IE. NATIONAL UNI and Yr 12 exams!!!)

the melbourne gig is on a monday, so there is a chance i could fly over in the arvo, go to the gig and fly back early morning.....:rolleyes:

a perth gig is my best bet at multiple shows...

i was considering that for the sydney show... first planes between capital cities is around 6.15
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Lukin_oz wrote:
    i was considering that for the sydney show... first planes between capital cities is around 6.15

hmm, im hoping when they announce how many melbourne shows there are goin to be, that at least one is feasable... ive been saving for almost a year! i have money that i want to spend on pearl jam dammit!!!!

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    everyone ok? i feel the collective stress!

i'm hoping for all sydney (driving up), all melb, but niggling away at me is the thought of making it to adelaide or perth. it's almost crunch time to decide!

the waiting is driving me mad.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

See you guys later!!
    Just sent an email to the management of one of the local radio stations here in Newcastle asking them to jump on board my 'Bring PJ To Newcastle Campaign'
    Hope to hear a reply soon. If not, then I'll phone em and hassle em until they give in.
    They can do it, they brought Metallica here in 98 after no Newcastle show was announced, so they can bring PJ here in 06.
  • heyjose wrote:
    everyone ok? i feel the collective stress!

i'm hoping for all sydney (driving up), all melb, but niggling away at me is the thought of making it to adelaide or perth. it's almost crunch time to decide!

the waiting is driving me mad.

yes i think there is definatley a collective stress from all those who now realise they cant do as many dates as they planned...it definatley getting to me cause this is goin to be my frist time seeing pj, id saved up for ages and i wanted to make as many dates as possible. to try make it one of those unforgettable summers....

but i guess ill get over it, especially once it gets closer to the dates, and i actually start to realise im goin to be seeing pearl jam! i dont think its really sunk in yet....

yeah totally, don't let it do your head in too much. there's always gonna be fans who manage to see more shows, get better positions, meet the band, etc etc, but we're pretty lucky to be getting them for a tour this year. and there's way less 10c members here, so we should get closer than a lot of our US friends. and some US cities are possibly gonna miss out this year.

ok, having said all that, i'm still freaking out a little bit. breathe.

• DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    See you guys later!!
    Just sent an email to the management of one of the local radio stations here in Newcastle asking them to jump on board my 'Bring PJ To Newcastle Campaign'
    Hope to hear a reply soon. If not, then I'll phone em and hassle em until they give in.
    They can do it, they brought Metallica here in 98 after no Newcastle show was announced, so they can bring PJ here in 06.

If I can assist in your grand plan then gimme a holla
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Andre_WAndre_W Posts: 196
    DonJon wrote:
    If I can assist in your grand plan then gimme a holla
    Me too, let me know which station and I'll send off an email as well.
    "There is no society in human history that ever suffered because its people became too reasonable." - Sam Harris

My other home
    www.iseekgolf.com
    streeeeess :D love it :D

just got this email NOW

Message to all students:
    The University offers alternative examination arrangements for students who wish to apply for a variation to the location, time, or conditions of centrally administered examinations on the basis of medical and some non-medical grounds.

it's an omen :o
    wah
    hang in there Mel! coppel can't ask you to stay tuned for a perth announcement and then not announce it!

• InJuddsTreeInJuddsTree Posts: 377
    the more i look at the gap between melbourne and adelaide, the more i think they will play perth on the 18th or 19th
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    ..or they've got something of a kick arse surprise for melbourne.

Thanks DonJon & Andre_W!!!
    The radio station is NEWFM
    http://www.newfm.com.au

Just go to 'contact us' and then a page will open up where you put down your details. Select 'management' as the destination and state the case :)
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Oz Jammer wrote:

:D that was my idea! damn that coppel and making the dates coincide with exams. Blame coppel for any of your tour woes...its all his fualt.

Seeing as i only get to see one show (radelaide), my only complaint/wish is that i have a prime spot for it. To make my first pj show extra special.
    My number is 345xxx and it will get me good seats (third row probably) but i wanna be closer to my favourite band ever dammit! If anyone will have a spare Adelalaide ticket with a good spot, plllleaase let me know. and I'll generously reimburse for this service ;)
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    :D that was my idea! damn that coppel and making the dates coincide with exams. Blame coppel for any of your tour woes...its all his fualt.

Seeing as i only get to see one show (radelaide), my only complaint/wish is that i have a prime spot for it. To make my first pj show extra special.
    My number is 345xxx and it will get me good seats (third row probably) but i wanna be closer to my favourite band ever dammit! If anyone will have a spare Adelalaide ticket with a good spot, plllleaase let me know. and I'll generously reimburse for this service ;)

I'm getting the petrol ready and the pitchforks are in the process of getting sharpened
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    I'm getting the petrol ready and the pitchforks are in the process of getting sharpened

this torching will be expensive! Damn petrol prices (...also coppel's fualt).
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    UNDONE*21 wrote:
    this torching will be expensive! Damn petrol prices (...also coppel's fualt).

It's coppel's fault i'm fat!

*runs off to fill in application to biggest loser 2*
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    coppel fucks everything up. im sure that in some way, coppel had something to do with the tasmanian mine disaster.
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
    coppel fucks everything up. im sure that in some way, coppel had something to do with the tasmanian mine disaster.

And
    Richard Carelton's death ;)

the only reason they were working on a public holiday was so that they could afford to go and see one of coppel's rediculously overpriced concerts.
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    And
    Richard Carelton's death ;)

oo... went too far there

lifewasted.net
This discussion has been closed.