Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 2 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    heyjose wrote:
    we're yonks behind with jools, shown on music max on foxtel/austar :(

and hey, everyone's just anxious about the ticketing situation. myself included. it's all good.

I just want a date! and info on how to purchase tix through 10C...
    otherwise I am fine at the moment =)
    hi brad!!!
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • Just been reading that Australian Tour Date disaster thread. Maybe the band wants to spend the christmas at home rather than touring during december. For them the logical thing would be to tour during november rather than wait until january.
    Wave came crashing...
    if i was at uni still i would definately defer for pearl jam haha hence the reason I am not going back

Ten Club (289xxx)

• heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    jemms wrote:
    I just want a date! and info on how to purchase tix through 10C...
    otherwise I am fine at the moment =)
    hi brad!!!

heya krys!!!
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    heyjose wrote:
    we're yonks behind with jools, shown on music max on foxtel/austar :(

and hey, everyone's just anxious about the ticketing situation. myself included. it's all good.

Yeah can relate, probably have exams also, bummer, sure soething will work out, gotta stay positive.
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
  • worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    Just been reading that Australian Tour Date disaster thread. Maybe the band wants to spend the christmas at home rather than touring during december. For them the logical thing would be to tour during november rather than wait until january.

yeah it sucks. i dont think pearl jam would have known that their tour will fall right in exam time.... so i think people using the terms "screwed over" need to take a chill pill and realise that it want deliberate. im sorry that you wont get to see them as much as you all would like to this tour..... just think how much money you'll be earning at the end of your degree... you could all go to seatle instead!

where as i am starting uni in february.... so it will be my turn next time they come :(

peace
    megan

if nothing is everything i would have it all
    Vookie23 wrote:
    Yeah can relate, probably have exams also, bummer, sure soething will work out, gotta stay positive.

Have you guys never pretended you're sick and go to the doctor and just get a fckn medical certificate? and then postpone your exam or make up some bullshit about being too stressed and it deterioating your health?!!?... that worked for me during my TEE.

You only need a medical certificate dont you? plus wont exams be during the day? unless of course you're planning to do the Australia wide trip, then thats gonna fuck you up.. But they aren't gonna change the dates for Uni students...

so is the max number of 10C tix you can buy 2??

Ten Club (289xxx)

• Vookie23Vookie23 Posts: 607
    jemms wrote:
    Have you guys never pretended you're sick and go to the doctor and just get a fckn medical certificate? and then postpone your exam or make up some bullshit about being too stressed and it deterioating your health?!!?... that worked for me during my TEE.

You only need a medical certificate dont you? plus wont exams be during the day? unless of course you're planning to do the Australia wide trip, then thats gonna fuck you up.. But they aren't gonna change the dates for Uni students...

Don't care if I've got exams, WILL NOT be missing PJ. I've aleady got hundreds of excuses, and I work in a hospital. LOL
    "Futures Above, But In The Past He's Slow and Sinking"

Canberra 95, Melbourne 03, Melbourne 1,2,3. 06, Sydney 3, 06, Newcastle 06, Adelaide 1,2 06, Adelaide 09, Melbourne 09, Sydney 09, Brisbane 09, Canberra 11, Newcastle 11, Sydney 1,2. 11, Melbourne 1,2. 11
    jemms wrote:

i think the main reason why people are so upset is because those people did actually plan on doing all or most of the tour :(

yeah...someone give me heaps of excuses coz I am soooooo fckn close to landing this new job and then im gonna need to get a whole week of november off?? any excuse suggestions would help? cheers thanks haha

I also may need to get the day off when tickets go on sale...

I think...I am going to get fired

Ten Club (289xxx)

• imtheoceanimtheocean Posts: 8
    i think the main reason why people are so upset is because those people did actually plan on doing all or most of the tour :(

And had been duly paying 10C membership fees since 2003 (or longer) in anticipation of doing the majority of the shows on tour.

Oh well, it's not on my mind as much at the moment. Too busy with uni.
    tell them you're getting married

• JJJJJJ Posts: 24
    well Jem now you have the right idea no matter what it takes you are going to see PJ and that is dedication to a good cause GO GIRL
  • heyjoseheyjose Posts: 503
    krys

sent ya a PM...
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    umm.. do you want a list of pj tours that have occured simultaneously to exams in other parts of the world? ive had to fly home to write exams then go back a few days later for other shows.

as i was once told, take your books to the box office and sit and study while you wait in line. people have done it before, its not the end of the world.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • SarahCanadaSarahCanada Posts: 196
    They ABSOLUTELY cannot make you delete things, but they can kick u out if you refuse

well if they take the memory card out of your camera and leave with it, then yes they can. kitchener 2005.
    I went to the concert
    And I fought through the crowd
    Guess I got a little too excited
    When I thought you were around
  • themuzzthemuzz Posts: 10
    soapyrows wrote:
    I HATE ROD LAVER ARENA FOR CONCERTS!!!
    sorry i must make this clear

i reckon R.L.A is pretty good. way better than the ent cent in Sydney... pj have to play to a crowd between 8000-10,000 so in my opinion u couldnt ask for more than the Rod Laver.
  • themuzzthemuzz Posts: 10
    For Riot Act JJJ did a live at the wireless with an interview, plus they got album of the week so anything less than that this time around will be fairly dissapointing from JJJ

But then again since 2002 so much more crap is played on JJJ. Gnarls Barkley? Kanye West? Hip hop?! wtf?!

It was Triple M by memory, and it was the last Sydney gig. I can't remember an interview. The feature album was a few weeks after it was released but thankfully they got it.
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Just found out that November 7 is the 2nd day of my exams at uni
    Extremely :( and depressed
    :(
    "This makes me a saaaad panda"
  • Ben Red BlueBen Red Blue Posts: 124
    I found more confirmation of dates via google, I know we dont need them but there was some "info" on them too.

"Sydney, AU (SONY BMG Music Entertainment) - HUGE news today that the rumours have been confirmed and the almighty Pearl Jam will be returning to Australia to rock us to the core in November, for their first tour on our shores in FIVE freakin' years. It's going to be massive, and tagging along for the ride is none other than Kings Of Leon. Let there be rock, baby!!! Tix on sale Friday, May 19."

Geee, I dont know how we managed 5 years without Pearl Jam touring, gosh.
    Benjamin, TouringVan 05/06

"Who is driving? Oh my god Bear is driving, how can that be?! ...Car full of midgets!"

Photobucket: MagicBus2006
  • Hi all,

Well I spent the couple of hours it takes to read this thread to make sure I missed nothing important & have decided that basing advancement of user title on number of posts made is a very bad idea :D

Thanx for all the info folks, we're a bit slack & only joined 10c after getting stuck up the back of the Adelaide Entertainment Centre last tour & decided that was never going to happen again. I spose just as bad is not getting around to checking out this forum until now :o

We were decidedly nervous about 10c tickets with the public sale date so close, after reading this thread we're only a little bit nervous now :) So thanx for helping ease that a bit. Maybe we wont end up buying 2 sets just to be safe.

Cheers

Leigh (& Cindy)
    Get Right

ALL the albums rock, each one best in it's own way, it's evolution baby.
  • anthonycalavanthonycalav Posts: 202
    5.30am sydney time now...and still nothing

that means 12.30pm seattle time, on the 8th.

this perth thing is pissing me off right now

2011 - Eddie Vedder Sydney 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    I found more confirmation of dates via google, I know we dont need them but there was some "info" on them too.

"Sydney, AU (SONY BMG Music Entertainment) - HUGE news today that the rumours have been confirmed and the almighty Pearl Jam will be returning to Australia to rock us to the core in November, for their first tour on our shores in FIVE freakin' years. It's going to be massive, and tagging along for the ride is none other than Kings Of Leon. Let there be rock, baby!!! Tix on sale Friday, May 19."

Geee, I dont know how we managed 5 years without Pearl Jam touring, gosh.

I don't know where the media keeps pulling this 5 year crap from, i'm pretty sure pj were not here in 2001, and last time i checked 2003 was only 3 years ago, that's like the third time i have seen an article saying it's been 5 years, dumbarses
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Hi all,

Well I spent the couple of hours it takes to read this thread to make sure I missed nothing important & have decided that basing advancement of user title on number of posts made is a very bad idea :D
    Cheers
    Leigh (& Cindy)

I hope that comments not aimed at me cos i'm the last person you want to piss off at the moment ;)
    WELCOME!!!!
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    I don't know where the media keeps pulling this 5 year crap from, i'm pretty sure pj were not here in 2001, and last time i checked 2003 was only 3 years ago, that's like the third time i have seen an article saying it's been 5 years, dumbarses

That's farcking ridiculous!

The media is fucking all kinds of shit here in the States also. I heard a radio DJ say that this is the first PJ album released since 2000.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
    anyone heard anything yet? im dying here!

just got a 10c email about bootlegs!

i want a 10c email about Aussie Tickets! AHHHHHHHHHHH

• tommyphillipstommyphillips Posts: 709
    I JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM TEN CLUB

about bootlegs, i got excited too
    10/11/06, 11/11/06, 13/11/06, 14/11/06, 16/11/06, 19/11/06, 21/11/06, 22/11/06.

+--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No. 35-+--+
  • ziggidy wrote:
    anyone heard anything yet? im dying here!

No but i just tried ringing the 10C number and just got the answering service
    oh well it was worth a try?
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense

melb 1,2,3 syd 3, newie
    s4013233 wrote:
    fellas.... how fucken good is australia hey... best country, ppl, attitude, everything... sometimes i just get sick of talking to foreniers or however that word is spelt......... ironic too ive never posted on this thread.... anyways... im in sydeney and was anxious too of the whole aussie info or lack of but i dont wanna bitch bout that for now (later)... me question is, do we get confirmation emails?... cause i renewed my membership and its been finallised on my credit card and the expiry date on the website has been pushed back a year but im still waiting for all of that to be "confirmed" wtf? does same thing happen with tickets?........ AND ANOTHER QUESTION... if i became a member in may last year... based on seniority where do u thinks i will be in the seating... right up back or in middle or right up front?
    as far as i know, if your profile date has changed you should be fine! the superdome will rock like it has never done before! BRING IT ON!

This discussion has been closed.